Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,971 members, 7,825,037 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada (38934 Views)

Abiodun Alao Lectures At King’s College University Of London / Emir Of Kano At King’s College Lagos’ 105th Anniversary Founders’ Day Dinner / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2011
please, also would love to know the minimum amount of money i can have in my account for the visa processing, remember i will be applying outside my country, so i need the equivalent in dollars,

thanks you
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 8:33pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

thanks bro for the prompt response,  my OND certificate is not out yet but i have the TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN letter,  confirming that i actually finished the course,  do you think that might be helpful and secondly do you think i can pay for the admission fee with a prepaid card like gift cards,

thanks

That is fine, as long as your OND has the list of the courses you took in UNILAG and the grade  on it. 

Yes you can pay with a prepaid card if the prepaid card has VISA or MASTER CARD logo on  it. If not you will have to get International Money Order from Western Union or Money Gram and send it to the school. Make sure you have it in U.S dollars or Canadian Dollars and don't forget to sign it and have the customer copy with the number with you before mailing it. Also make sure you send it with a register mail to help you monitor the movement of the mail and inform the school about it before its arrives so they can be looking out for it. 

Another thing is that, if you are using prepaid gift card, does it have limit? Because some prepaid credit card can have as high as $200, but if issue by
your bank and connected to your bank account, you could have higher limit of up to $10,000 or more
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 8:46pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

please,  also would love to know the minimum amount of money i can have in my account for the visa processing,  remember i will be applying outside my country,  so i need the equivalent in dollars,

thanks you

@Yemming,

The minimum depends on how much you pay for tuition deposit. It is advice-able you pay more so the embassy can see that you are serious and can afford your tuition. However, if you are paying the minimum of $1850, i will advice you have equivalent of about $10,000 in your account and get a letter from a sponsor (your parents) with an affidavit stating that they will be funding your education when you move. Even if you have less than $10,000 in your account, you should get the affidavit and possibly your sponsor bank statement. All you need to do is to establish the fact that you will be able to pay for your tuition at least for a year.

I do not think you will have that much problem, because in recent admission from students from Denmark, U.K, Finland and Norway the process was very simple. All they did was to get a leter of good standing from their school and they took their transcripts with them to the Embassy with their bank statements and they were granted. Remember you have to show that you are legal in Cyprus meaning your passport should have expired or un-expired visa that shows that you are admitted to Cyprus legally.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2011
thanks for taking your time out in replying to my numerous questions, i would love to finalise everything and hopefully apply for the visa here in cyprus before the end of may, so i should be paying the application fees tommorow and then i will email you my details for follow up, t

thank you,

and less i forget, are you in canada now?
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2011
Yemming:

thanks for taking your time out in replying to my numerous questions,   i would love to finalise everything and hopefully apply for the visa here in cyprus before the end of may,  so i should be paying the application fees tommorow and then i will email you my details for follow up,  t

thank you,

and less i forget,  are you in canada now?

@ Yemming,

Yes i am in Edmonton Canada. It will be nice if you get everything processed as soon as possible.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by roselex: 9:31am On Apr 27, 2011
gyyioo
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 9:59am On Apr 27, 2011
roselex:

@ DY pls can i work and school because i need to work to pay my fee pls reply me my email is roselex72@yahoo.com

@ roselex,

Yes you can work at Kings University. Click on the following link to find out detail information on how to apply. However, i will advice you to be at least get prepare for your first semester tuition fee, accommodation and feeding, because this will allow you to meet your academic obligations.

http://www.kingsu.ca/future-students/money-matters/employment.html

NOTE: The deadline to apply for campus employment is May 31 of each year.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by roselex: 10:10am On Apr 27, 2011
ok
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 10:21am On Apr 27, 2011
roselex:

@dy how much is my first semester fee, do i need to wait for campus employment wat if i have my ccna bcs(british computer society certificate) and my niit they are reconise nation wide cant i get a job with that

@ roselex

Yes you can get work with those technical certificates, as a matter of fact those certifications can land you a job that can file for your permanent residence(no guaranty). However, you can not work off campus until you have been enrolled for two academic semesters or 6 months academic semester, whichever comes first before you can get off campus job. Also, you could only work 20 hrs a week until you finish all you course work.

Yet you can still negotiate with king's by agreeing to payment plan that allow you pay limited amount each month until you graduate.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by roselex: 10:32am On Apr 27, 2011
[emai
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 10:49am On Apr 27, 2011
roselex:

dy pls reply me,i can only see @ roselex n message

@roselex

your tuition per year excluding accomodation and feeding is $ 9331. 9331/2=$4665.5

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by roselex: 11:04am On Apr 27, 2011
oh
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 11:25am On Apr 27, 2011
roselex:

thanks for the info but can i you get a place for me to manage when i come for six months, the place might be cheap or a fellow nija place

@roselex,

Yes there are lots of Nigerians around. That should not be a problem.

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by roselex: 12:10pm On Apr 27, 2011
ok
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 7:49pm On Apr 27, 2011
roselex:

@dv pls is there any school that can offer ma friend a course for six month or one yr and dont forget when i get my visa u have to hook me up with ma fellow nija that i intend to stay with, so that we can chat to kw each other better before my arrival thanks bros

@ roselex,

I don't know of any certificate course that you will be able to convince the Canadian Embassy with for a Visa. However, if your friend has undergraduate degree, he can apply for another degree program in his current area of study and he could finish within six months or a year, if he send his Undergraduate degree. You can look at Kings, it has educational degree that has short duration.

Your friend can check the following links for pre-professional degree or After Degree

http://www.kingsu.ca/academic-programs/pre-professional/index.html

http://www.kingsu.ca/academic-programs/majors/education.html
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 12:42pm On Apr 28, 2011
@dyvinson7

i am still having issues with the payment ooo, there seems to be a problem with their system, and ojo n lo ooo
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 3:56pm On Apr 28, 2011
Yemming:

@dyvinson7

i am still having issues with the payment ooo,  there seems to be a problem with their system, and ojo n lo ooo

@ Yemming,

Sorry for the inconvenience
Check your email for solution. I have sent you alternative payment option.
If you follow through, it will be paid before the end of today.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 12:45pm On May 02, 2011
Admission is still on, Don't miss out. Be part of the history that made it to study here.

Kings University is a place where brains meet

Kings University is a place where history can be re-written

Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2011
@dyvinson7

hello sir, goodmorning to you over there? hope you had a good weekend, i just want to remind you that i am still waiting for their email, please help me talk to them in order to accelerate things,

thank you
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 1:23pm On May 02, 2011
Yemming:

@dyvinson7

hello sir, goodmorning to you over there? hope you had a good weekend, i just want to remind you that i am still waiting for their email, please help me talk to them in order to accelerate things,

thank you

@ Yemming,

Don't worry i will be forwarding your information with other students to admissions office today once they open. It's just 6:22am here and the office does not open until 9:00am.

Relax all will be well.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by Yemming(m): 1:42pm On May 02, 2011
thank you sir, you an angel,
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by jt2010: 4:36pm On May 02, 2011
@dyvinson7

I will be 32 this year and i do have a B.A degree from History & STrategy studies but with over 10 years solid working experience in IT. I have numbers of professional qualification in IT like CCNA, MCITP - Enterprises Administrator, Messaging 2010, Mikrotik. Did Edmonton offering any course that can make me convert this degree into a B.sc in Information Technology with a year or two.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:09pm On May 02, 2011
jt2010:

@dyvinson7

I will be 32 this year and i do have a B.A degree from History & STrategy studies but with over 10 years solid working experience in IT. I have numbers of professional qualification in IT like CCNA, MCITP - Enterprises Administrator, Messaging 2010, Mikrotik. Did Edmonton offering any course that can make me convert this degree into a B.sc in Information Technology with a year or two.

@ jt2010,

Kings University has a computer science degree that i think can compliment your years of experience in the IT industry. With your experience, degree and certificate you can finish in a year or two.

Check the following link

http://www.kingsu.ca/academic-departments/computing-science/index.html
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by jt2010: 5:18pm On May 02, 2011
Thanks,

Can you help reconfirm that and what did i need to do to start this processes.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:23pm On May 02, 2011
jt2010:

Thanks,

Can you help reconfirm that and what did i need to do to start this processes.

@ jt2010,

To get things accelerated, you will need to get your transcript sent over as soon as possible. You can scan your official transcript and send it over to admissions@kingsu.ca. To give you detail information on the process, send me an email @ dyvinson7@yahoo.com
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by jt2010: 5:46pm On May 02, 2011
Sent you e-mail now.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by mrswagger: 12:10am On May 03, 2011
Good morning everyone. Dyvinson 7 and others who can help me out cos I hv been reading your post. I would like to apply to study in canada for d next session. I am an undergraduate student I have my waec results. And I also have my transcripts of results from my high school. But I dnt have ielts or toefl. Is it too late for me to start the processing and also do dey require ielts. What r d requirements and step I should follow. And finally am I guaranteed a job and better life in canada. Because I wanted to process uk admission but I'm considering to choose canada at the moment. You can email me - jenny_janet2010@yahoo.com. Your reply would be grately appreciated. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by mrswagger: 12:13am On May 03, 2011
Good morning everyone. Dyvinson 7 and others who can help me out cos I hv been reading your post. I would like to apply to study in canada for d next session. I am an undergraduate student I have my waec results. I would like to study diploma in information technology in canada. And I also have my transcripts of results from my high school. But I dnt have ielts or toefl. Is it too late for me to start the processing and also do dey require ielts. What r d requirements and step I should follow. And finally am I guaranteed a job and better life in canada. Because I wanted to process uk admission but I'm considering to choose canada at the moment. You can email me - jenny_janet2010@yahoo.com. Your reply would be grately appreciated. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 5:53am On May 03, 2011
jt2010:

Sent you e-mail now.

@ jt2010,

I have replied to your email. Check your email.
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 1:24pm On May 03, 2011
mr swagger:

Good morning everyone. Dyvinson 7 and others who can help me out cos I hv been reading your post. I would like to apply to study in canada for d next session. I am an undergraduate student I have my waec results. I would like to study diploma in information technology in canada. And I also have my transcripts of results from my high school. But I dnt have ielts or toefl. Is it too late for me to start the processing and also do dey require ielts. What r d requirements and step I should follow. And finally am I guaranteed a job and better life in canada. Because I wanted to process uk admission but I'm considering to choose canada at the moment. You can email me - jenny_janet2010@yahoo.com. Your reply would be grately appreciated. Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

@ Swagger,

Hello Jenny,

I am glad that you are interested at Kings University a school with preference and uniqueness.
The process of getting into Kings is not difficult, however you will be ready to getting rolling as soon as possible if you want to be at Edmonton Canada by September 2011.
I want to believe that you have your O'Level 5 credits which is the perquisite for admission. You can also include your transcript from your current University, however if you don't want to include it, you do not have to mention during your application. You should be prepared to do the following before the end of this week so you can get your admissions as soon as possible.
1. What you need to do now is to apply at www.kingsu.ca/apply
2. Buy scratch cards and send the pins to admissions@kingsu.ca with your WAEC and/or NECO result, if you are combining your result.
3. Pay for Admission fee $140
4. If you have TOEFL you can submit, if not you will still get admission but will be mandated to take PEAK equivalent of TOEFL when you arrive at Kings.
5. You will wait for admission decision, once its made, you will be sent admission letter
6. You will be ask to pay your Tuition |Deposit of minimum of $1850 for Nigeria students only, other country pays more
7. A letter to the embassy will be sent to you for your Visa application.

I will recommend that you send me email at every process so i can help you check with the school. Remember that Canadian Embassy requires that you apply around May (3months) before admission.
for further question, just sent me an email and expect response between 5 minutes to 1hour
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by mrswagger: 12:03pm On May 04, 2011
Thank you dyvinson7 for ur urgent reply. I'm really grateful for d help u r rendering us here. May God bless u and ur family. Sorry hw can I pay for d application fee or is it after u get admission u pay application fee. And when is d dead line for d admission application. Hope to hear from u soon. Thanks
Re: Admissions At King's University Edmonton Canada by dyvinson7: 12:42pm On May 04, 2011
mr swagger:

Thank you dyvinson7 for your urgent reply. I'm really grateful for d help u r rendering us here. May God bless u and your family. Sorry hw can I pay for d application fee or is it after u get admission u pay application fee. And when is d dead line for d admission application. Hope to hear from u soon. Thanks

@ mr swagger,

No you have to pay for the application fee of $140 immediately after filling the application on line at www.kingsu.ca/appy

The deadline has been extended, but your deadline is not from the school. Your deadline has to do with the Canadian Embassy. You can still apply now and get your admission letter before the end of this month. Then you can go apply for your visa.

There are two options, you can pay yourself with your master card from any of the Nigeria Banks or you can go to another Kings University Agent to pay him and he will help you to pay after you have paid the equivalent in Naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cows Disrupt School Activities In Benin City (Photos) / Graduate Slips Into Gutter, Drowns After Downpour / Final Year Student Of Michael Okpara University Killed In Accident In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.