Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die (1309 Views)

Kenyan Pastor Invites 'jesus' To Preach In Her Church,visits Her Family(photos) / Pastor Gabriel Adegboye: "God Sent Me To Replace Buhari As President Of Nigeria" / Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by dukeprince50: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2020
OK guys, I'll just explain a misconception.
A lot of us can't really understand what the bible says so we misinterpret.

I'll explain why Jesus actually came and I wish I could pass information, I'm not a good writer anyways.

In the early days, There were two Gods, one God that controls the spiritual(Jehovah) and another God that controls the physical(Adam), God said he is going to create someone in his own image and likeness. Yes in his own likeness means another God, then Jehovah instructed him to have Dominion over everything he sees, but then according to
(Gen 2v19) God brought all living things to see what Adam would call them and what ever Adam calls them, that was their names
let me stress this part, God did not bring those creatures so Adam could name name, rather he wanted to see what Adam would call them, those creatures already has their names in the spiritual and what God wanted was to test Adams ability if what he will call them is what God has given them spiritually, and whatever Adam called them, the bible says, that was its name. The word WAS means those creatures already have a name, and God is testing Adam if he really reason like a God, but yes, he gave them names that was already their names.

Time past, the devil wanted to become God and decided to take the glory from Jehovah but Jehovah sent Angel Michael to deal with him.
When the devil came to earth, he saw another God in form of man but this time wouldn't want to confront him directly again so he had to confront the woman.
Adam did not loose the "Godiness" in him because he ate the fruit but Adam lost it when he refused to take responsibility as a God and shifted blame to the woman and said "the woman made him eat it" That was the last time God talked to man.
Now Adam has sold his right to the woman and woman became a new God, but the woman also refused to take responsibility and shifted it to the devil, and that was when the devil became a God.

Typing...
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by dukeprince50: 10:57am On Nov 21, 2020
Now the devil became the new God and start doing whatever he seem fit but its bad leaving such power in the hands of the devil and it has to be taken but no man is worthy enough to take that power from devil.

And God had to come down in flesh form because he already said the flesh has dominion on things that concerns the physical. Yes, God could have just come down and fight the devil and take it but he(God) respects his word, even if heaven and earth come to pass, his words will never come to pass and the fact that he has said the flesh will control the physical, he had to obey his own words and come in flesh.

Now when Jesus came, the devil knew that God had come and said to Jesus that everything he sees has been given to him(yes man has given him everything) and he will give it to Jesus if he bows and worship him, but that wasn't what Jesus came to do.

Jesus did not come to die just for the sake of dying but to kill the sinful flesh because the battle is bigger than flesh and blood but its against principalities and power. And Jesus had to fight spiritual with spiritual.
After his death, it was obvious he has fulfilled everything, he had to go to hell where Devil resides and take the key from him.
The bible said, it was made public that the devil was powerless.

in summary, Jesus didn't come here so we can kill him, rather he came to kill the sinful flesh, thanks as u read

1 Like

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by dukeprince50: 11:09am On Nov 21, 2020
lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by devilmaycry: 11:40am On Nov 21, 2020
your first reply to d topic is misleading

please study the word of God and ask him to guide u to understand ...what u just did is from ur own understanding !

3 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by foreverme1225: 11:47am On Nov 21, 2020
while i read through your story , i was wondering which class of story it actually belonged. is it myth or is it fairy.

3 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by kingxsamz(m): 1:05pm On Nov 21, 2020
Nice story...
For more myths and fairytales, please visit... https://www.storynory.com/category/myths/greek-myths/

2 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Kobojunkiee: 3:23pm On Nov 21, 2020
dukeprince50:

I'll explain why Jesus actually came and I wish I could pass information, I'm not a good writer anyways.

In the early days, There were two Gods, one God that controls the spiritual(Jehovah) and another God that controls the physical(Adam), God said he is going to create someone in his own image and likeness. Yes in his own likeness means another God, then Jehovah instructed him to have Dominion over everything he sees, but then according to let me stress this part, God did not bring those creatures so Adam could name name, rather he wanted to see what Adam would call them, those creatures already has their names in the spiritual and what God wanted was to test Adams ability if what he will call them is what God has given them spiritually, and whatever Adam called them, the bible says, that was its name. The word WAS means those creatures already have a name, and God is testing Adam if he really reason like a God, but yes, he gave them names that was already their names.

Time past, the devil wanted to become God and decided to take the glory from Jehovah but Jehovah sent Angel Michael to deal with him.
When the devil came to earth, he saw another God in form of man but this time wouldn't want to confront him directly again so he had to confront the woman.
Adam did not loose the "Godiness" in him because he ate the fruit but Adam lost it when he refused to take responsibility as a God and shifted blame to the woman and said "the woman made him eat it" That was the last time God talked to man.
Now Adam has sold his right to the woman and woman became a new God, but the woman also refused to take responsibility and shifted it to the devil, and that was when the devil became a God.

Typing...
ROFLMAO!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Kobojunkiee: 3:24pm On Nov 21, 2020
dukeprince50:
Now the devil became the new God and start doing whatever he seem fit but its bad leaving such power in the hands of the devil and it has to be taken but no man is worthy enough to take that power from devil.

And God had to come down in flesh form because he already said the flesh has dominion on things that concerns the physical. Yes, God could have just come down and fight the devil and take it but he(God) respects his word, even if heaven and earth come to pass, his words will never come to pass and the fact that he has said the flesh will control the physical, he had to obey his own words and come in flesh.

Now when Jesus came, the devil knew that God had come and said to Jesus that everything he sees has been given to him(yes man has given him everything) and he will give it to Jesus if he bows and worship him, but that wasn't what Jesus came to do.

Jesus did not come to die just for the sake of dying but to kill the sinful flesh because the battle is bigger than flesh and blood but its against principalities and power. And Jesus had to fight spiritual with spiritual.
After his death, it was obvious he has fulfilled everything, he had to go to hell where Devil resides and take the key from him.

in summary, Jesus didn't come here so we can kill him, rather he came to kill the sinful flesh, thanks as u read
dukeprince50:

ROFLMAO!!
cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by helinues: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2020
In which Galaxy does that your God is located?

Inside our milky way galaxy? Andromeda galaxy or unobservable galaxies
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by amidel(m): 2:00am On Nov 22, 2020
Did Jesus die or not
Whether God sent Jesus to die here or it was sinful flesh that Jesus died for; the thing is He still died. No long story, whatever reason we pick for his coming to Earth, so long we all agreed he died then we're all right in our own way.

2 Likes

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Nov 22, 2020
amidel:
Did Jesus die or not
Whether God sent Jesus to die here or it was sinful flesh that Jesus died for; the thing is He still died. No long story, whatever reason we pick for his coming to Earth, so long we all agreed he died then we're all right in our own way.
That all sounds like great stuff but unfortunately Jesus Christ was clear in stating that He Is the Truth of God, meaning that believing a lie will not guarantee the same result as He, the Truth of God, provides those who believe and know Him.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Hisduchess(f): 2:52pm On Dec 22, 2020
dukeprince50:

In the early days, There were two Gods, one God that controls the spiritual(Jehovah) and another God that controls the physical(Adam), God said he is going to create someone in his own image and likeness. Yes in his own likeness means another God, then Jehovah instructed him to have Dominion over everything he sees, but then according to let me stress this part, God did not bring those creatures so Adam could name name, rather he wanted to see what Adam would call them, those creatures already has their names in the spiritual and what God wanted was to test Adams ability if what he will call them is what God has given them spiritually, and whatever Adam called them, the bible says, that was its name. The word WAS means those creatures already have a name, and God is testing Adam if he really reason like a God, but yes, he gave them names that was already their names.

Typing...

Rest in peace duke.you will be Fondly remembered

1 Like

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 22, 2020
dukeprince50:

Where in the scriptures did people get this idea of the devil living in hell from?
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hisduchess:

Why did you post RIP as a reply to him?

1 Like

Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Dtruthspeaker: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2020
Hisduchess:

Fondly remembered for making us laugh through these Trouble-lations! grin
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by enilove(m): 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
OP , pls read this prophecy written concerning Jesus' death about 900 years b4 he came :

Isaiah 53:7-12 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. [12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
dukeprince50:

Typing...
**coughs** bullsheet! You lost me the moment you decided to introduce, out of nowhere mind you, a character called the "devil".

What many of you never seem to have realized even at this point in your so-called studying of the scripture, is that there is no " devil" in the old testament...man's weaknesses are from the very heart of man and no from a "devil" as many so-called Christians like to believe. In the Old Testament, Satan character remained a servant of God carrying out God's commandments and this role is further bolstered when in the New Testament, Jesus Christ Himself announced to Peter that Satan had indeed requested to have him, Peter tested. Jesus Christ did not rebuke Satan on Peter's behalf at this point but instead prayed for Peter not to loose his faith during the test. Does that sound like Satan believed Satan was some enemy of God?
In the Old Testament, there exists the Almighty God and all good and evil are permitted by Him and Him alone.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by sonmvayina(m): 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
enilove:
OP , pls read this prophecy written concerning Jesus' death about 900 years b4 he came :

Isaiah 53:7-12 KJV
He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. [8] He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. [9] And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. [10] Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he [b]shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall [/b]prosper in his hand. [11] He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by[i] his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall[/i] bear their iniquities. [12] Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

I have explained this to you before, nobody dies for anybody. It is tslking about a righteous servant. His days was prolonged, he had children..it cant be jesus remotely or otherwise..

The righteous servant is israel..
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Chiprince007(m): 10:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
dukeprince50:
lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

This is not FP worthy because even the OP who claims to debunk a misconception, is unclear about the scriptures
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by enilove(m): 10:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
sonmvayina:

I have explained this to you before, nobody dies for anybody. It is tslking about a righteous servant. His days was prolonged, he had children..it cant be jesus remotely or otherwise..

The righteous servant is israel..

You are wrong , it is not Israel but Jacobu.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by sonmvayina(m): 10:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
enilove:

You are wrong , it is not Israel but Jacobu.

Ode....jacob was renamed israel..

So why do you keep quoting it to support your jesus sacrifice bull shit?
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by enilove(m): 12:40am On Dec 23, 2020
sonmvayina:

Ode....jacob was renamed israel..

So why do you keep quoting it to support your jesus sacrifice bull shit?

I didn't know Jacobu is the same person as Israeli . I thought Jacobu was a Nigerian and Israel a Pakistani.

Thank you for the correction .

Am sure you will soon bcom the apostle of Jesus , by His grace , in Jesus' name.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by thatsleepboy1: 2:21am On Dec 23, 2020
RIP to this op. May your soul rest in peace amen.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Foodqueen(f): 6:51am On Dec 23, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]

Fondly remembered for making us laugh through these Trouble-lations! grin

He is dead for real cry
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Dtruthspeaker: 7:04am On Dec 23, 2020
Foodqueen:

He is dead for real cry

cool whaaat! I thought you were joking oh!

Sleep well Duke!
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by sonmvayina(m): 9:17am On Dec 23, 2020
enilove:

I didn't know Jacobu is the same person as Israeli . I thought Jacobu was a Nigerian and Israel a Pakistani.

Thank you for the correction .

Am sure you will soon bcom the apostle of Jesus , by His grace , in Jesus' name.

I dont worship idols...i only worship my creator and he does not require a mediator or intermediary...

Do not have any other god before me...(do you think he will punish me for obeying him?)
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:48am On Dec 23, 2020
God love the world so much that he gave his only begotten SON so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life! John 3:16

The main purpose of Jesus' coming to the earth is to DIE for sin of mankind! Mark 10:45 smiley

The one and only organization whose members can defend this verse with confidence, accuracy and efficacy is JW Organization, because they're the ones given the spirit to preach and teach effectively. That's why they're speaking with one voice as the spirit of truth abides with them! John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2

So if you're not with them you'll always go about arguing with people despite claiming the same faith, you will never come to an agreement {Luke 11:23} unless if you just keep your nonsense and ingredients all to yourself!

God's Holy Spirit only works with those who are willing to yield to wise counseling not rebellious people who just feel like justifying their way of life! Romans 10:2-3; 2Timothy 4:3-4

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Blabbermouth: 10:23am On Dec 23, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
God love the world so much that he gave his only begotten SON so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life! John 3:16

The main purpose of Jesus' coming to the earth is to DIE for sin of mankind! Mark 10:45 smiley

The one and only organization whose members can defend this verse with confidence, accuracy and efficacy is JW Organization, because they're the ones given the spirit to preach and teach effectively. That's why they're speaking with one voice as the spirit of truth abides with them! John 17:20-23; 1Corinthians 1:10; Ephesians 4:3; Philippians 2:2

So if you're not with them you'll always go about arguing with people despite claiming the same faith, you will never come to an agreement {Luke 11:23} unless if you just keep your nonsense and ingredients all to yourself!

God's Holy Spirit only works with those who are willing to yield to wise counseling not rebellious people who just feel like justifying their way of life! Romans 10:2-3; 2Timothy 4:3-4

May you have PEACE! smiley
He can't see this, the OP is dead already.

Only readers-by (that are alive of course) still have the benefit to pick 1 or 2 truths from it.
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Hisduchess(f): 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Why did you post RIP as a reply to him?

He is late
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
Hisduchess:

The post shows He posted this on the 21st of November. How did he go?
Re: The Misconception That God Sent Jesus To Die by Hisduchess(f): 1:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The post shows He posted this on the 21st of November. How did he go?

Heard he died that night

(1) (2) (Reply)

YORUBA And Their H-factor In The Bible / If Homosexuality Is Normal Or Natural! / The Truth About Astral Projection That All Christians Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.