Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,445 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic (19506 Views)

Moghalu Criticises FG's plan To Borrow $1.5bn, buy SUVs For NASS Members / Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira / PDP, Others Criticises FG As US Alleges Massive Graft In Buhari's Regime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 23, 2020
Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Chief Sunny Onuesoke has described as embarrassing Federal Government’s plan to import petroleum products from Niger Republic.

Onuesoke, a former Delta State gubernatorial aspirant said that the pronouncement sounded unbelievable to him because Nigeria has four refineries while Niger Republic has only one.

Recall that Ministry of Petroleum Resources announced on Thursday that it had signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Niger Republic to import petroleum products from desert country.

Reacting to the pronouncement while addressing aviation correspondents at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Onuesoke said it is a shame that Nigeria will import fuel from desert Niger Republic because Nigeria cannot maintain its four refineries, adding that what the pronouncement meant is that Nigeria could soon import cassava for her garri consumption.

What a sad commentary. I watched Timipre Silva on television describing it as a good development that Nigeria would soon import petrol from Niger Republic. This is the true definition of incompetence, cluelessness and mediocrity. After five years of APC promise of change things get from bad to worse. Nigeria has four refineries but it is not its priority to make them work, but to import from a smaller and poor country. My feeling is that this government is bent on empowering Niger Republic for whatever reason. First it was a railway construction and now importation of fuel,” he lamented.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/11/onuesoke-blasts-fg-over-plan-to-import-petroleum-from-niger-rep/

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 23, 2020
The labour of our heroes past,

shall never be in vain

To serve with heart and might,

One Nation bound in freedom, peace and unity

BIG SHAME

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by nengibo: 4:32am On Nov 23, 2020
Niger Rep has benefitted more from this administration than parts of Nigeria

184 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by mfm04622: 4:33am On Nov 23, 2020
1. Nigeria imports PMS. That is a given fact.
2. What does it matter where we import from? Why the noise when we are to import from Niger? What is the difference from importing through seaports and importing from Niger?
I need someone to explain this as I don't understand it at all

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by JoeEeL(m): 4:33am On Nov 23, 2020
Where I come from, this is what they term "Good morning in the evening". cheesy

See what the man said "First it was a railway construction and now importation of fuels"... Now let's reason guys. This goes to many of you: the purposely blind and the dumb, the Buharideens and the Buharididinrins, and more importantly the 'One-Nigeria' loyalists. Let's argue objectively.

1. First of all, how can you say there should be 'One Nigeria' when there is not effective border-control policy in the North? Are southerners really that foolish? You are aware that the drivers, abokiis you see in the south all come from neighbouring countries, many without a valid means of identification. And you say Nigeria should be one? This was such a grave reason that U.S had to temporarily place a ban on Nigeria because of infiltration of nomads and illegal entrants and lack of proper means of identification. Yet you shout 'One Nigeria'. Can you see that your going to school was a waste and you can't reason?

2. Do you know that the Fulanis were the one of the last set of people to invade this country called Nigeria? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa%E2%80%93Fulani

Why is this a point? Simple. Many of them have their ties to remote Sahel countries of origin like Niger and Mali. They know their roots as it's fresh in their memory. Most importantly, the fact that the British drew borders for Nigeria did not render them as foolish as the south. The northern borders are simply an imaginary line to the Northerners (just like the equator); hence they believe they are one with 'Niger' people. That is why they're building rail to Niger and building an oil refinery there. They shout 'One Nigeria' but its a ploy to fool you completely. They are one with 'Niger', not you. Fulanis know their roots; you don't.

Meanwhile, politically correct fools in the South still chanting 'One Nigeria' have their western brothers cut off in Togo and Benin and the southern cut off in Cameroun. And the British will tell me to view a Kanuri man as more of my brother than someone who bears a Yoruba name (e.g. Emmanuel Adebayo) and speaks my language. Please how do you define idiocy? Worse still, which black man can go to England or U.S and divide their lands and join peoples together? If its sure for you today, travel to U.K and tell them you want to join the peoples of Worcestershire or Staffordshire to the people of Ireland and see whether you won't find your ass landed in jail.

163 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by benzema8(m): 4:33am On Nov 23, 2020
Stupid country

30 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Imo042: 4:35am On Nov 23, 2020
This country sef

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Stevengold(m): 4:35am On Nov 23, 2020
cry seeing this I feel our leaders are all under spell.

We need to pray for them and this country.

4 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by benzema8(m): 4:35am On Nov 23, 2020
mfm04622:
2. What dies it matter where we import from? Why the noise when we are to import from Niger? What is the difference from importing through seaports and importing from Niger?
so small Niger have a working refinery and the so called almighty giant of Africa doesn't

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by ednut1(m): 4:36am On Nov 23, 2020
We are an importing nation. It is cheaper to import from Niger than to drive petrol truck from apapa to the north tho. So why we con dey cry.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by apatuku: 4:37am On Nov 23, 2020
Good foreign policy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by karzyharsky(m): 4:37am On Nov 23, 2020
Good development

1 Like

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Dansioligy: 4:40am On Nov 23, 2020
wah am I hearing? �� u mean FG is planning to import fuel from Niger? APc and Buhari is a waste product in this country

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:41am On Nov 23, 2020
benzema8:
so small Niger have a working refinery and the so called almighty giant of Africa doesn't
I believe the Soraz Refinery in Niger Republic is owned by a Nigerian. One day we will find out the truth regarding this deal, how people are using their positions to simply enrich themselves at the expense of the nation.

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by brosom(m): 4:43am On Nov 23, 2020
They would soon demand for loan from Ghana.

This government has no shame at all.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Gten(m): 4:43am On Nov 23, 2020
By the time this government is done with our treasury, countries world over will need to come and study the new strain of looting in Nigeria.
The ultimate aim of importing fuel from Niger through the north is to reduce the dependence on Lagos as a landing berth for petroleum products, the alliance with the south west is gradually coming to an end, 2023 politics at play.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by chinchum(m): 4:44am On Nov 23, 2020
mfm04622:
2. What dies it matter where we import from? Why the noise when we are to import from Niger? What is the difference from importing through seaports and importing from Niger?
Good questions that should force critical reasoning.

If we are already importing refined oil from outside Nigeria, then what could be the hullabaloo about importing from Niger?

I think the complain should be why we are importing refined oil , it is not the stupid pride or hate filled statements i see flying around.

Niger refines 20,000 barrels of oil and only needs 5,000 barrels. Nigeria needs about 400,000 barrels per day.

9 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by mogbeyiteren: 4:44am On Nov 23, 2020
ednut1:
We are an importing nation. It is cheaper to import from Niger than to drive petrol truck from apapa to the north tho. So why we con dey cry.
You think exactly like northerners, backward people with no clear vision

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by YorubaKinging: 4:47am On Nov 23, 2020
The end is near

Prepare

2 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Chicastle: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2020
MNK was right. there is something about this Niger republic

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Brushstrokes20: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2020
Big shame on the useless govt of self serving thieves and sadistic Tyrants!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by BigBrother9ja: 4:49am On Nov 23, 2020
grin

Old generation of useless senile and corrupt fools.

Ordinary electricity, refinery, security, food and road, you people can not put in place in the last 60 years... what a big shame!

GIANT OF STUPIDITY!

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Neddstark: 4:50am On Nov 23, 2020
So 5 years is not enough time to rebuild our refineries?

4 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 23, 2020
chinchum:
Good questions that should force critical reasoning.

If we are already importing refined oil from outside Nigeria, then what could be the hullabaloo about importing from Niger?

I think the complain should be why we are importing refined oil , it is not stupid pride or hate filled statements i see flying around.

Niger refines 20,000 barrels of oil and only needs 5,000 barrels. Nigeria needs about 400,000 barrels per day.
Look at promise 9, 12 and 16.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by Nobody: 4:52am On Nov 23, 2020
It is said that buhari's father originally migrated from niger to daura many years ago and do you also know buharis in-law the indimi's are originally from niger republic and he also has a refinery there. By the time buhari is done with nigeria we would regret ( thank god i never voted for him) ever voting Such a man to power, a man that is known to be a tribal bigot but some were so blind to see it and Thank God my yoruba brothers are now wise and now see the evil part this man is taking our nation into. When we oppose buhari we aren't ipob or Igbos as most yorubas hitherto thought, we just see what others didn't see. He and his fulani cabals only tricked tinubu with the promise of 2023 but does any sound Nigerian think buhari would hand over to tinubu, he rather gives Atiku and when we protest he sends his army to shoot us and our own Yoruba brothers, the slave's like lie Mohammed and femi adeshina would still defend him and say we should be grateful for his fatherly love. I'm not trying to be tribalistic as well or against the hausas I love them also but buharis plan is to enrich the far North, the fulanis and rather watch nigeria burn than do otherwise, all he cares is the advancement of the caliphate, the Usman dan fodio caliphate, all lover's of nigeria both from the north and south and east and especially the south we most defend oir fathers land because we don't have another country and stop been willing tools like Ameachi or timipre or lia or femi to those that don't love us

30 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by ednut1(m): 4:53am On Nov 23, 2020
mogbeyiteren:
You think exactly like northerners, backward people with no clear vision
but we currently import from Europe and America. Does it matter if its Niger

6 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by chinchum(m): 4:53am On Nov 23, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:

Look at promise 9, 12 and 16.
I don't know the authenticity of that document, however it is not surprising and it is typical Nigerian politicians gibberish during elections. We will see all sort of rubbish policy document in 2023.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by emerged01(m): 4:54am On Nov 23, 2020
We as youths need to change the game of politics in Nigeria. We can just live and leave the consequence of this bad govt behind for our children when we have the power to make it right now.
The good ones are running away from politics because the evil ones are the godfathers.
Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by streetsoldier1(m): 4:54am On Nov 23, 2020
mfm04622:

Let your BMC crew explain to you

15 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by abumeinben(m): 4:55am On Nov 23, 2020
Man!

Won't say nothing until we start importing water.

3 Likes

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by backnbeta(f): 4:59am On Nov 23, 2020
The"whatever reason" why they are empowering Niger is not farfetched- it's a case of tribe and Country of Origin over 'Country of Residence' undecided

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onuesoke Criticises FG Over Plan To Import Petroleum From Niger Republic by ipobarethieves: 5:04am On Nov 23, 2020
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Akpabio Is President's Preferred Candidate For Senate President – Ndume (Video) / Anambra Election: IPOB, MASSOB Members Go Into Hiding / Twitter Suspension: Malami’s Prosecution Order Is Illegal, Null And Void - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.