Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,077 members, 7,821,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? (5950 Views)

Poll: If You Could, Would You Attend A Party To Meet Your Fellow NL in 2011 or 2012?

1st Week of December: 9% (2 votes)
2nd Week of December: 9% (2 votes)
3rd Week of December: 45% (10 votes)
4th Week of December: 27% (6 votes)
1st Week of January: 9% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Please Talk Me Out Of Crushing On A NL Celebrity. / Lwkmd: Guy Beats Up A NL Girl D First Time They Met Posts Pix On Bbm(pix) / Leave A NL Voicenote For Your NL Valentine, Potential Valentine, or Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 4:50am On Mar 20, 2011
Hello

Thanks to Derailers, The Thread titled, "Does Nl Have An Annual Party For The Romance Section?" - IS NOW LOCKED - BY SELFISH DERAILERS pushing their own agenda

You Know Who You Are   angry

If You Are Not Discussing The Thread Topic and want to chit chat, threaten, discuss visitation to other countries, talk about why you left Nigeria and why you won't come back - please take YOUR TIME to open your own thread and stay out of this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPIC FOR THIS THREADsadDiscuss it or leave - you can go to another thread)

Wouldn't it be great to actually meet at a group bash in Lagos?  Wouldn't that be great?  I hear that at Christmas many, many people come to Lagos - family, friends, love ones.  Have the moderators ever given a big bash downtown Lagos for the NL Romance Section?  I really want to see what you guys look like in person - your mannerisms.  I want to see if your faces match your wits.  Wouldn't that be really, really fun and something to look forward to at the end of the year?  We could have a pay at the door type of event in Lagos for this section of NL.

I really am interested in seeing what you guys look like and partying with you.  I love watching people in action - laughing, talking, mingling and even the wall huggers are something to see.

What do you think?  Maybe Us NL's should plan our own party - we are intelligent and talk bold - who is up for it?  I would be supportive of such an event.  I don't know the area, but there has to be enough Lagosians that do.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 4:52am On Mar 20, 2011
Committee Members:

1.  Shy One - location: Indiana - U.S.
2.  A NL Moderator (We Need One to Step Up And Volunteer Their Time
3.  Tosinville - location: Lagos
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by Goldieluks: 4:52am On Mar 20, 2011
i am in for it. undecided
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 4:56am On Mar 20, 2011
fantastic
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by desholah(m): 4:57am On Mar 20, 2011
OP.
What did i tell you about that thread/ . . .You remember? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Anyway .   . .Aint attending/meeting with some twats undecided undecided
But i do appreciate your concern kiss
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 4:58am On Mar 20, 2011
I'm in! Can I be a Commitee member? grin Problem is I'm not in Lagos presently, sad
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by Pweety4me(f): 5:00am On Mar 20, 2011
I will come with my dawg tongue REALITY1(if he agrees) cheesy tongue
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:04am On Mar 20, 2011
@ Babe

Of course - but only if you are serious - I am in the U.S. - but will travel

We need committee members who will commit to making this a taste it, touch it, hear it, smell it event - not a wish or a dream.

If you are old enough and independent (I hear that there are quite a few under age and barely 21 years of age NLs) - The committee members need to BE AT THE EVENT

So please - don't volunteer if you cannot attend - money isn't an object for a COMMITTEE member as the event expenses (not personal shopping) but travel, hotel, meals will be reimbursed.  Any personal shopping that isn't event related comes out of your own pocket AND WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by 190: 5:09am On Mar 20, 2011
Count me in

Rushes off to check my return ticket to Nigeria

Ohh i see its on 18th december>> I hope y'all dont finish the rice and meat before i arrive Town

Count me in, Im coming with my team ( Cork, mobo444, cold, 170, 190fan )>>
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 5:12am On Mar 20, 2011
Shy-One:

@ Babe

Of course - but only if you are serious - I am in the U.S. - but will travel

We need committee members who will commit to making this a taste it, touch it, hear it, smell it event - not a wish or a dream.

If you are old enough and independent (I hear that there are quite a few under age and barely 21 years of age NLs) - The committee members need to BE AT THE EVENT

So please - don't volunteer if you cannot attend - money isn't an object for a member as the event expenses (not personal shopping) but travel, hotel, meals will be reimbursed. Any personal shopping that isn't event related comes out of your own pocket.

Nuff Said! No Problem! Lets Do This!
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by 190: 5:22am On Mar 20, 2011
ROTFL @ tosinville been on the commitee members

No offence tosin bro but i just cant brace myself seeing you on the commitee members association

I think i might have 2 work on UK's get together but that would be summer cool cool

I would love to see Jaybee, Luisworld, candylips and goldie on that UK committee list
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:23am On Mar 20, 2011
Committee Members:

1.  Shy One - location: Indiana - U.S.
2.  A NL Moderator (We Need One to Step Up And Volunteer Their Time
3.  Tosinville - location: Lagos
4.  Babe - location:  Texas - U.S.

------------------------------

OK - we need Committee Members that actually reside in Lagos - as those individuals will know the lay of the land - and that is essential to this being a success

Also:  Tosin and Babe - what are your talents?  I am an excellent organizer and I am extremely outspoken to arrange from a behind the scenes level (I will work well with caterers, hotel management, shopping for the event, etc) but I absolutely won't be good on a microphone addressing hundreds of people.

We will need some older people on the committee as their expertise and wisdom will be priceless and essential to this event having a green light for success.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:24am On Mar 20, 2011
190 are you on the committee or not?
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by Nobody: 5:26am On Mar 20, 2011
@shy-one if u have a meeting outside of Nigeria but in the U.S. i am game. if u want to plan it after this i can wait. smiley
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:26am On Mar 20, 2011
Tosin actually would represent a large male population and age group that resides in Lagos and would be quite good on the committee.

We will also need a "Head of Security" and he sounds competent and well versed in that area as well.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by obowunmi(m): 5:28am On Mar 20, 2011
I would love to host you all at my place in Lekki --- let me know when.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:29am On Mar 20, 2011
@ MzD

I think that is a great idea - this summer - a casual picnic in the states would be great actually
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 5:29am On Mar 20, 2011
@shy-one, I can talk very well. (lol) If I'm needed on the mic addressing people? Anytime!
I don't really have a specific talent, so, I can do a lot though.

(This feels like a job interview. Well it is!)
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 5:31am On Mar 20, 2011
Shy-One:

Tosin actually would represent a large male population and age group that resides in Lagos and would be quite good on the committee.

We will also need a "Head of Security" and he sounds competent and well versed in that area as well.

Isn't that a bouncer?,
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:33am On Mar 20, 2011
obowunmi:

I would love to host you all at my place in Lekki --- let me know when.  

that is quite generous of you - i sincerely thank you for your generosity

i was thinking that a FULL WEEKEND of different activities should be the order of the event

Lekki is a great idea - it could either "kick off" the event or bring "closure" to a very fulfilling weekend

For instance if the party is on Saturday - we could have a casual get together in Lekki on Friday Evening or Sunday following the Big Bash on Saturday
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2011
BABE!:

Isn't that a bouncer?,

ohhh no, no, no, no - let's not demote the very important position of "head of security" to a "bouncer level"

My parents owned a nightclub in the States. I have a trunk full of walkie-talkies that reach an 18 mile radius

Tosin would be in communication with a squad of 20-50 plain clothes "foot security" that would quell any merry makers that get out of hand by consuming too much alcohol. That "foot security" reports to Tosin.

Head of Security - gives orders, plans, takes a mature approach to the event and towards all participants and is the overseer of such - that person knows how to talk, how to walk, how to charm, how to enforce, keeps traffic moving, etc,

See the difference between a mere bouncer and "head of security?"
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 5:44am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^ Yh, I see it! Nuff said! smiley
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:45am On Mar 20, 2011
190:

ROTFLMFAO!!

Tosinville HEAD OF SECURITY!!

WTF, im trying 2 imagine TOSIN as head of security ( SHY ONE THIS IS HILARIOUS )

how would be be the head of what security, armed with wat BROKEN BOTTLES AND FEMALE SHOES or what!!

Nahh, there might be a really large turn out if done in lagos, we need only the important people who can travel, take it outside Lagos to abuja

and the travelling would minimize the turn out as only the real members would show up

NL - is everybody - are you going to be on the committee or not?  I have heard of Abuja - let's get the committee together to plan every detail.

I saw Tosin's picture before he removed it - he looks quite capable

I believe that when you hand out a "man size job" - if that person steps up to the plate - literally before your eyes a "BIG MAN is born" - who is both responsible and loyal
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by 190: 5:49am On Mar 20, 2011
BABE! 05:39:17 AM Viewing 190's profile. shocked shocked

Shy-One:

NL - is everybody - are you going to be on the committee or not?  I have heard of Abuja - let's get the committee together to plan every detail.

I saw Tosin's picture before he removed it - he looks quite capable

I believe that when you hand out a "man size job" - if that person steps up to the plate - literally before your eyes a "BIG MAN is born" - who is both responsible and loyal

I wont be in any committee but dont worry what i can do is, i would discuss with mukina the moderator and whatever her feed back is
I would let you know, During the xmas season it would be quite hectic getting things done, for now i wont be in the commitee although im still insisting that we hold the party at 3 different countries already discussed earlier, the UK, lagos/abuja and newyork cool cool
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 5:52am On Mar 20, 2011
190:

BABE! 05:39:17 AM Viewing 190's profile.  shocked  shocked

I wont be in any committee but dont worry what i can do is, i would discuss with mukina the moderator and whatever her feed back is
I would let you know, During the xmas season it would be quite hectic getting things done, for now i wont be in the commitee although im still insisting that we hold the party at 3 different countries already discussed earlier, the UK, lagos/abuja and newyork  cool cool

190 - anything you can do would be greatly appreciated

I do like the 3 different locations idea as well but I also think to ADD TO THAT - we should definitely do one large bash in Lagos - because not only is this an element of meet/greet/fun/party - there would also be a large portion that would be charitable in nature - a way for us to "give back" and help those less fortunate SPECIFICALLY IN NIGERIA.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by BABE3: 5:53am On Mar 20, 2011
190:

[color=deeppink]BABE! 05:39:17 AM Viewing 190's profile.  shocked  shocked[/color

Ok?! Now what?!
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by fstranger3(m): 5:56am On Mar 20, 2011
@Shy-one

There is nothing like Downtown Lagos

Everywhere on the mainland is a potential downtown, FYI

Dont you think your BF would be mad at you, trying to meet Nl'ers?
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2011
He encourages me to "be myself"

I too wonder a wee bit - but he loves people and is quite active in his church - he referred me to NL - he knows he can trust me, I'm not here to meet men for me personally on a romantic level.

He knows my heart is in the right place. I hope I'm right and he will be ok with this - he is much more a people person than myself and will be helping me (he works so much so he won't be available as much as I would like) but the committee members will be more than available as that is what the committee will be in place.
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 6:01am On Mar 20, 2011
I really like the downtown Lagos area as I have seen online
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by fstranger3(m): 6:03am On Mar 20, 2011
Shy-One:

I really like the downtown Lagos area as I have seen online

Any link?

You are very funny! grin

Hope you are not a scammer. . . lol! tongue
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 6:05am On Mar 20, 2011
I'll remind him that I'm an American

Hopefully I will be able to use that on him before he gets tired of hearing it and I will have to think up something else to use so I can push my different "little Agendas"

I wonder if I can get away with pretending that I can't speak English - you know what? I can't speak Yoruba so I can use that one - I can pretend that his accent is too thick and I can't understand him - I'll do that if he gets mad at me.

lolololololol
Re: Question: Romance Section - Would You Attend A Nl Party In Lagos? by ShyOne(f): 6:07am On Mar 20, 2011
i am a woman

i get to have little idiosyncracies - don't I? (said in little girl voice)

lolololol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Do You Think About Nymphomaniacs? / How To Have Sex For The First Time And Enjoy It / Is It True That Women With Big B*tts Are Smarter And Healthier?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.