Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria (30281 Views)

See The N200 Onions I Bought This Evening In Port Harcourt / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) / The N500 Onions I Bought Today In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by larryking540: 11:51am On Nov 24, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
All we need in Nigeria is price control

The criminality in every Nigerians is second to non and can not be over emphasized

They always want to take or rather capitalize on a situation to enrich themselves

na so we see am brother,
even reach bag of cement ,na rain make the price high too
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2020
Don't push Igbo business men....we will soon enter China import satchet dried Chinese onions....onions no go get value again
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by OlujobaSamuel: 11:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Freeeanijor:
All this criticism is not necessary. The truth is Nigeria cannot supply all the demand needed for our day to day needs. Do you even have an idea of how big the Nigerian market is? Don't forget that Niger is a member of ECOWAS and inter-trade should be encouraged. We sell our commodities to other countries both far and near. The world depends on commerce.
Then southern borders should be opened for trade also.

2 Likes

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Freeeanijor: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
OlujobaSamuel:
Then southern borders should be opened for trade also.
Talk to your representative to lobby the APC government to do so.

1 Like

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by scriptures01: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
Next level indeed
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Splitmind: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Another next level achievement by PMB.

We are really boosting the economy of our neighbours who are happy to share in the prosperity we are enjoying with APC.
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by SeniorGee(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
I thought border was closed? How are onions entering?

In short you are a mumu government...
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Openbusiness: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Northern borders are open but Southern borders are closed. Summary of Buhari regime in one sentence grin
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by wman(m): 12:25pm On Nov 24, 2020
So, what have we gained from closing our borders?

18 months and counting.
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by RexTramadol1: 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
BigDawsNet:
A barber in my town was arrested for illegal drug trade. It was shocking, I have been his customer for years.
Never knew he was a barber grin grin grin

Lwkmd.
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Don't push Igbo business men....we will soon enter China import satchet dried Chinese onions....onions no go get value again
This thing na rubbish talk.

Land full igbo land our people are unemployed u want go china go import onions when. Our people can plant it?
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Lovelyn451(f): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
story story...flood with the small rain that fell this year compared to other years...Una Neva talk the koko abt this onions until I stop adding onions to food, I don't even know its impact to food,...tchew
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by 99thEnemy(m): 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
Denique come and see our Gold grin
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nbotee:
So we now import even onions from Niger? Niger go soon colonize us b dat. But how com we are importing from Niger Republic wen the border is supposed to b closed?? This same govt closed the borders on all imports but yet were are hearing of onion imports from Niger? No wonder their governors came to campaign for dis govt during the elections.. Rail lines have been awarded to connect to a town in Niger. A contract have been signed to import petroleum products from Niger.
buhari kinsmen,if you know what I mean.
Buhari should be charged for treason
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by engrchykae(m): 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
Coldie:
Nigeria and Niger should be amalgamated into one country, Niger is too reliant on Nigeria.

Southerners complaining that there's no job instead of wasting years at home looking for non-existent job why don't u use that time u are using to wait for job to farm in that your unused village land.

Go back to the village use your village boys instead of using that small money u brought from the city to buy them beer use it to hire labour and clear the farm lands, use the wood instead of burning them to create a fence around the farm, use your Google map to locate the nearest river then use your education to aid how this can aid in irrigating your farm.

That's what your education and Nigeria is for not complaining
I buy your idea
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by amazingspiderma: 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
What I learnt from this write up is that the boarders are still open in the North.

1 Like

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by oluwafemifharmo(m): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
The effects of climate change are now becoming more obvious like never before. I'm calling on young people to become proactive in helping combat this menace.

As people who will inherit the planet, we need to be more engaging. Truth is, these older generations will not understand as we keep telling about a future they don't see themselves in.

Save the Planet.

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by coolangel54(f): 12:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
Buhari has a long history with Niger which he is hiding. Borders are closed to the South (Ghana, Togo, Benin Republic, etc) but opened to the north (Niger) who are of Fulani extraction. There is more to this!
Nbotee:
So we now import even onions from Niger? Niger go soon colonize us b dat. But how com we are importing from Niger Republic wen the border is supposed to b closed?? This same govt closed the borders on all imports but yet were are hearing of onion imports from Niger? No wonder their governors came to campaign for dis govt during the elections.. Rail lines have been awarded to connect to a town in Niger. A contract have been signed to import petroleum products from Niger.
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
What's the significance of onion in soup. I know you can use it to cook beans and also meat to soften
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Stevengold:
Failed country! Even onions?

Are we that lazy? Or dumb?

So, you missed the part about 'Flood' destroying normal harvest... undecided
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Stevengold(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Angelfrost:

So, you missed the part about 'Flood' destroying normal harvest... undecided
Did the flood happen in 36 States Seems we've left farming for the Northern region of Nigeria, we're so done!!!
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
It's not even about Onions... Agriculture is the new gold!!!

If this nation is headed towards self sufficiency, then agriculture will become a money-spinning venture.

As for this Onions matter, I'm the least bothered... If we can survive by eating less rice, then onions can fly the fvck off!!! tongue
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Angelfrost(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2020
Stevengold:

Did the flood happen in 36 States
Seems we've left farming for the Northern region of Nigeria, we're so done!!!

I totally agree with you there... The South needs to wake up from this food dependency on the North!!! It is just laziness and poor leadership!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by kabillionaire(m): 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
The scarcity of onions in the country is as a result of the activities of FULANI HERDSMEN, and not flood.
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Pio44: 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
IT IS APC MASTER MIND THE PLAN TO PUT ONIONS HIGH SO WE CAN BUY FROM BURHARI COUNTRY NIGER, EVERY THING NOW WIL COMING FROM NIGER SHAME ON NIGERIANS LEADERS
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by SeunNotOwner: 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
The report is not totally true, or let say what the middlemen want the people to believe. Talking about flooding, Sokoto state should not be among the state
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Coldie(m): 1:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
engrchykae:
I buy your idea
If everybody with village land use it to farm instead of leaving it fallow until the day they get money to build house in the villages by now not only would their be surplus jobs but we will have enough food and cheap
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
Coldie:

This thing na rubbish talk.

Land full igbo land our people are unemployed u want go china go import onions when. Our people can plant it?
what I meant is for festive season
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by jojothaiv(m): 2:14pm On Nov 24, 2020
Nbotee:
a lot movement and alignment dey happen for Northside o

as Niger near to Kebbi and Sokoto...
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by calyto: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2020
No ooo! We are waiting for Buhari to go and farm onions so that we can buy at a cheap rate
Stevengold:
Failed country! Even onions?

Are we that lazy? Or dumb?
Re: Niger-imported Onions ‘turn Gold’ As Floods Ruin Harvest In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 2:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
Me wey don already started planting onions for my land in oko afor...the land just dey waste....

As a matter of fact, the southwest need to start investing in agriculture....especially oyo, osun and ogun state.........all those lazy youth roaming around should go into farming......

Oyo and osun state can feed the entire southwest.....the land is too fertile. Onions can grow here too. But they are not as big , as the ones from the north....but na still onions......we from the southwest should bury our heads in shame...always waiting for foods from the north.........where we can plant those things...eg pepper, tomato, onions, vegetables, ginger, garlic, fruits etc na wa o.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Bought A Paint Of Garri N1200 / How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 / Name The Food You Hate, But Other People Like Eating It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.