Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,805 members, 7,841,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Orji Cautions Tinubu! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Cautions Tinubu! (2099 Views)

Speaker Yakubu Dogara Cautions FG To Tread Softly On Saraki’s Trial / US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements / Orji Cautions Tinubu Over Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Chyz2: 12:33am On Mar 21, 2011
[size=15pt]Orji Cautions Tinubu over Remarks[/size]

By Olawale Olaleye

20 Mar 2011

Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, has described as rascally, the statement attributed to former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that Abia state lacks visible development.

Orji, in a statement by his media assistant, Mr. Ben Onyechere , said Tinubu’s utterances are a confirmation of his rascally disposition as noted by President Goodluck Jonathan during a South-west rally of the Peoples Democratic Party in Ibadan, Oyo State.

If he could make such a careless statement after a few hours’ visit to Abia State, then he is rascally. Tinubu’s mission and statement in Abia is a reminder of Awolowo’s visit during a campaign rally where Awo said he would ban second-hand clothes for which Aba was known, therefore, it is not expected that a Tinubu would fare better.

His travails in Abia depict the life of a fish out of water because he has no business coming to Abia since the people have decided to join the centre in order to get their fair share of the ‘national cake.’

It would have been surprising if he said Aba was well developed because he is known to be a confusionist, particularly in an electioneering campaign where no opponent sees anything good in the other, let alone a regionally based party as ACN,” he said.

The governor said: “If Tinubu could be fighting Fashola for non-performance, what more could we have expected of him in a PDP-controlled state where he knows that their candidate in the state is a non-starter without the requisite structures and experience to become governor of a state like Abia other than his grievance over unpaid allowances as a former commissioner under the incumbent governor. Tinubu has only succeeded in making himself a laughing stock because there is no trace of Igbo stake in ACN,” he added

http://www.thisdayonline.com/
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Chyz2: 12:38am On Mar 21, 2011
Tinubu should tread softly when entering Abia. I'm sure he remembers how Abiola was stoned when he came to the state and ridiculed in other Igbo states. He should learn to watch his tongue.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by jason123: 12:41am On Mar 21, 2011
I really do not know what Tinubu's business is in Abia. He should respect the locals.
Moreover, why did the Governor of Abia have to make this an ethnic issue by involving Awolowo I wonder how some Nigerian leaders think undecided angry
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by fstranger3(m): 12:44am On Mar 21, 2011
Chyz*:

Tinubu should tread softly when entering Abia. I'm sure he remembers how Abiola was stoned when he came to the state and ridiculed in other Igbo states. He should learn to watch his tongue.

Who wants to associate with those Neanderthals any way. Still throwing stones in this age. . . hmmmmmm
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by EzeUche2(m): 1:57am On Mar 21, 2011
Abia is no man's land for those who do not choose their words carefully.

That goes for anyone, including fellow Igbos. Sometimes I wonder about my fellow Abians.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by EzeUche2(m): 2:01am On Mar 21, 2011
jason123:

I really do not know what Tinubu's business is in Abia. He should respect the locals.
Moreover, why did the Governor of Abia have to make this an ethnic issue by involving Awolowo I wonder how some Nigerian leaders think  undecided angry

Tell Tinubu to hold his tongue if he knows what is good for him.

First he insults the Ijaw. Now he wants to insult the Igbo. Its a pity, the ACN candidate in Abia was gaining supporters. Has some nerve insulting my state of origin.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by jason123: 2:02am On Mar 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

Tell Tinubu to hold his tongue if he knows what is good for him.

First he insults the Ijaw. Now he wants to insult the Igbo.

But our president can insult others, abi C'mon, where is your sense of fairness?
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by EzeUche2(m): 2:04am On Mar 21, 2011
jason123:

But our president can insult others, abi C'mon, where is your sense of fairness?

What does GEJ have to do with this situation? Tinubu insulted my state, and I take offense.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by jason123: 2:04am On Mar 21, 2011
EzeUche_:

What does GEJ have to do with this situation? Tinubu insulted my state, and I take offense.

Fair enough!!!
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by TNUBU4LIFE: 2:27am On Mar 21, 2011
I recall that TA orji once apologised to Abians for failing to develop the state due to heavy indebtedness of the state blaming his former political godfather Orji Uzor Kalu for plunging the state into debt!

So,if there is no money and no development in Abia because the state is perpetually broke after paying huge interests on suspicious unverifiable loans according to TA,Orji,so what is Tinubu saying anew undecided

I think TA should rather use the opportunity of Tinubu's critism to recycle his plea for leniency over non-performance.
What do you think Tinubu has said differently from other Abians resident in performing states like Lagos have said whenever thet travel home?
TA Orji is just too little to go into political/intellectual arena with Tinubu,abeg shoes get size!

Imagine a glorified errandboy-turn governor talking to Tinubu who thru his sagacity has made governors of highly credible intelligent professionals!

When Nigeria's history will be written,who will even mention or remember TA oRJI apart from an incompetent few who celebrate mediocrity.
Even ordinary Enyimba FC,he can not manage,shiorr!
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:35am On Mar 21, 2011

Abia State Governor, Theodore Orji, has described as rascally, the statement attributed to former governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, that Abia state lacks visible development.

Orji, in a statement by his media assistant, Mr. Ben Onyechere , said Tinubu’s utterances are a [b]confirmation of his rascally disposition [/b]as noted by President Goodluck Jonathan during a South-west rally of the Peoples Democratic Party  in Ibadan, Oyo State.

grin grin grin

lol

I don't why, but I'm glad that this phrase is spreading.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Chyz2: 2:37am On Mar 21, 2011
I wonder if rascal has now replaced coward. jk grin
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Abagworo(m): 2:46am On Mar 21, 2011
Theodore Orji is a big fool and any right thinking Igbo man in his team is a curse to Igbos.What Tinubu said is glaring and is a true assessment of Orji's dismal performance in Abia.Infact if I was from that state,I would mobilize a mass action against him.

Ethnic and Religious politics is dying and is going to hell fire alongside its Godfather PDP(-Amaechi and Chime).
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by koruji(m): 2:52am On Mar 21, 2011
Everything is an insult to you people. Look at the below:

Tinubu: "Abia state has no visible development".
Orji: "You must have something over your eyes, there is development all over the place, better than Lagos".

It is called politics. He did not call Orji any names, like the obvious one - Juju governor for example.

If we are talking about development in Nigeria over the last few years Abia will not be mentioned. Tinubu spoke the truth, but since he is Yoruba he must not say anything about U.

Always ignoring leprosy while running helter-skelter to cure ringworm!!!

EzeUche_:

Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by EzeUche2(m): 3:13am On Mar 21, 2011
^^^

People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.

This is a few words of the wise. You have been warned.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by koruji(m): 3:22am On Mar 21, 2011
What glass houses do you live in? What you are being told is to stop looking through that he is Yoruba, he is this and that glass.

I am not wise, so let's hear what u 've got and see if I give a ff!!!

EzeUche_:

^^^
People who live in glass houses, should not throw stones.
This is a few words of the wise. You have been warned.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by ikeyman00(m): 5:18am On Mar 21, 2011
@@@@@@@@@@

i think Tinubu is right

insult ke

blow orji [size=28pt]onye ochi[/size]
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Justcash(m): 5:36am On Mar 21, 2011
Tinubu did not insult anybody. He said the Truth. T. Orji is an Agent of under-development. There is no physical development in Abia state. That is not an Insult to Abians or Igbos. It is the TRUTH! Vote T. Orji out of Power!!!! Abia State needs to move forward! Same goes for my State governor, Ohakim. They deserve to be jailed In fact. This does not however make Tinubu a saint. He too is a Thief!.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 21, 2011
I don't take what Tinubu said as an insult. Compared with Enugu ble and Anambra plus its oil revenue "Abia state lacks visible development".
I said the same thing when I visited, all sentiments aside. undecided

Tinubu was simply calling a spade, a spade. I don't know why Orji is getting his panties all in a bunch over the statement.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by dayokanu(m): 6:37am On Mar 21, 2011
Thank God that some ppl are saying it the way it is,

I doubt Tinubu would go to Emugu, Anambra or Amaechis state and utter those words
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 21, 2011
Orji shld just STFU. Any sane person that visits abia and aba in particular will ask God to punish whoever is the governour of that state. Im from abia and Asiwaju jst stated d obvious. I expected orji to list his achievments for d past 4yrs but he chose to go tribal by involving awolowo so as to weep up sentiments rather than address the issue. This guys are big fools and y shld a fellow abian disagree with tinubu's observations which are so glaring 4all 2c. So because tinubu is not an easterner then he shld careless abt how they are faring abi! What a stupid and distorted way of reasoning. Asiwaju, pls tell them to their faces that they are failures and dnt give a Bleep abt there ethnicity, just give it to them. Come to think abt gej suporting orji to do another 4yrs in office? I weep for abians, they ve got 4more yrs of pains to go tru with the likes of orji as their governour. God bless u tinubu for letting dat short devil okija shrine graduate knw dat he is a huge disappointment and a let down to the reasonable people of abia though nt all.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 21, 2011
[s] Tinubu’s mission and statement in Abia is a reminder of Awolowo’s visit during a campaign rally where Awo said he would ban second-hand clothes for which Aba was known, therefore, it is not expected that a Tinubu would fare better. [/s]

Orji Uzor Kalu is an idiiot for making such a comment. who in iboland can rival the achievement of Awolowo for him to have stupidlyy opened his mouth and lash at Awolowo ? pathetic imbeccile !
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by henry101(m): 7:50am On Mar 21, 2011
~Bluetooth:

[s] Tinubu’s mission and statement in Abia is a reminder of Awolowo’s visit during a campaign rally where Awo said he would ban second-hand clothes for which Aba was known, therefore, it is not expected that a Tinubu would fare better. [/s]

Orji Uzor Kalu is an idiiot for making such a comment. who in iboland can rival the achievement of Awolowo for him to have stupidlyy opened his mouth and lash at Awolowo ? pathetic imbeccile !

Did you read the article?
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 7:53am On Mar 21, 2011
Is that a question or what ? undecided
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by bkbabe97y(m): 7:57am On Mar 21, 2011
Ultimately, its clear that Ibos are the most tribalistic, most ignorant, and deceitful groups in the whole of Nigeria. . . if not on the face of the earth!

Animals!
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by kaycrystal(m): 8:36am On Mar 21, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Ultimately, its clear that Ibos are the most tribalistic, most ignorant, and deceitful groups in the whole of Nigeria. . . if not on the face of the earth!

Animals!

we'll make better progress when we stop making this kind of statements!!!!!
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 21, 2011
how can a man who presided over nigeria's kidnap capital be running his mouth
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 21, 2011
kaycrystal:

or when kalu stops making this type of comment.
Tinubu’s mission and statement in Abia is a reminder of Awolowo’s visit during a campaign rally where Awo said he would ban second-hand clothes for which Aba was known, therefore, it is not expected that a Tinubu would fare better.
angry
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:43am On Mar 21, 2011
kaycrystal:

You'll make progress when Orji and the rest tribalistic Ibos stop making dumb statements, stop trying to throw in tribalism when called out on their faults and start "manning-up" when their lows are brought to light instead of blaming others and trying to rile up unnecessary sentiments!
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by Justcash(m): 8:44am On Mar 21, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Animals!

See who's calling Igbos animals and tribalistic? An Akata She-male disease called bk.Male/Babe97y is calling human beings animals. Who is more animalistic than you? LWKMD!!!! Hahahahahahhaahahahaha! Anuofia Latino "G'ay" Mofo. Keep searching for an Igboman that will dig you from behind. I already told you that Igbos don't do that, but if you wanna keep searching, carry on. You'll end up being As'sed by the devil from hell. Eediot! Lol! I am watching you.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by gernded(m): 8:47am On Mar 21, 2011
WE ALL KNOW THAT TINUBU IS NOT A GENTLE MAN, BUT HIS STATEMENT ABOUT ABIA IS NOT FAR FROM THE TRUTH THAT T.A ORJI HAS MESSED UP THE COMMERCIAL CITY AND NOW PEOPLE ARE SUPPORTING HIM.

TINUBU IS NOT A GOOD MAN BUT HE IS 100% BETTER THAN T.A ORJI AND TINUBU IS A FACTOR IN SOUTH WEST POLITICS ORJI IS NOBODY HE IS A FULL.
Re: Orji Cautions Tinubu! by bkbabe97y(m): 8:48am On Mar 21, 2011
Justcash:

See whose calling Igbos animals and tribalistic? An Akata She-male disease called bk.Male/Babe97y is calling human beings animals. Who is more animalistic than you? LWKMD!!!! Hahahahahahhaahahahaha! Anuofia Latino "G'ay" Mofo. Keep searching for an Igboman that will dig you from behind. I already told you that Igbos don't do that, but if you wanna keep searching, carry on. You'll end up being As'sed by the devil from hell. Eediot! Lol! I am watching you.

Mo*ron! Youve been sounding good for a minute--- u need to keep it up; didnt know u had an iota of intelligence in u.

You can get back to the topic now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej Endorsement,hope Igbos Will Also Speak With One Voice During Their Turn? / Jesus! This Is The Cretin Abia State People Have Elected As Governor? / High Powered Guests Grace Launch Of The Olusegun Obasanjo Foundation In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.