Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,610 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 - TV/Movies (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 (129038 Views)

Poll: What is Your Taste of Movie?

Horror: 8% (64 votes)
Fiction: 7% (53 votes)
Action: 19% (143 votes)
Comedy: 17% (130 votes)
Tragedy: 2% (19 votes)
Adventure: 15% (111 votes)
Mission: 5% (38 votes)
Bad Movies: 2% (16 votes)
Zombie: 0% (5 votes)
Vampire: 3% (29 votes)
Evil: 1% (9 votes)
Romance: 15% (117 votes)
This poll has ended

That Movie You Can't Get Tired Of Watching / If You Watched This Series, You Are Too Older Than You Think / What Was The Last Movie You Watched? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (97) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 8:30pm On Oct 30, 2011
Arthur (2011)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2011
Hehehehe grin . . . .on this same site, others have given some critically acclaimed films like Forest Gump, Slumdog Millionaire, Crash etc poor ratings and heaven did not fall. I wonder why MY rating for Drive is giving some people high blood pressure and stirring up a storm?

@ topic
Kavaalan The Bodyguard [2011] - a Tamil language action & romance Indian movie starring Asin (the lady from Ghaijini) and one unpopular actor like that. . .at least I don't know him grin

Movie gets really interesting after the intermission and the twist at the end was so unexpected & shocking. It's a decent movie & worth a 6. I understand there's a 2011 Hindi language re-make of the movie titled Bodyguard starring Salman Khan & Kareena Kapoor. Make I go watch that one cos I know it'd be better

Margin Call [2011]. . .kinda slow but it was riveting and managed to stay interesting throughout cos of the very good dialogue and performance of the cast.
A 6/10 IMO.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Hehehehe grin . . . .on this same site, people have given some critically acclaimed films like Forest Gump, Slumdog Millionaire, Crash etc poor ratings etc and heaven did not fall. I wonder why MY rating for Drive is stirring up a storm?

@semid4lyfe
Abi o!!!

@topic
- THE BIG BOSS (1971)

- THE WRESTLER (2008)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 11:29pm On Oct 30, 2011
Les Misérables  1998.Great Movie Excellent storyline Liam Neeson did very well on this well as Jean Valjean,Geoffery Rush as the annoying Inspector Javert, though i think they deviated abit too much from the book written by Victor Hugo,they didnt show baron Pontmercy grandfather of Marius and the thernadiers were not rgiven a big role in the movie they only did one scene and they were fun to read about in the book , but it was good anyway but id suggest to get a better feel of the movie read the book first if u haven't,  give it 8 out 10 and oh by the there will be another Les Misérables in 2012 f starring Hugh Jackman as Jean Val jean,Ruselle Crowe as Javert and Geoffrey rush comes back in a Les Misérables movie as Thernadier really looking forward to that!!!

Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 1:39am On Oct 31, 2011
eghost247:

oh by the there will be another Les Misérables in 2012 f starring Hugh Jackman as Jean Val jean,Ruselle Crowe as Javert and Geoffrey rush comes back in a Les Misérables movie as Thernadier really looking forward to that!!!

@eghost247
Anne Hathaway will play Fantine in this version as well. Tom Hooper (The King's Speech) will be directing.
Hmm!! I'm looking forward to this as well.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by eghost247(m): 7:09am On Oct 31, 2011
obinna5000:

@eghost247
Anne Hathaway will play Fantine in this version as well. Tom Hooper (The King's Speech) will be directing.
Hmm!! I'm looking forward to this as well.

but seriously obaino u need to read the book i read the book and that was why i wanted to watch the movie the book gives me a better sense of the story and they sort of deviated from the book a little too much
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 7:19am On Oct 31, 2011
^^^
books/novels are always more detailed than movies.
movies always deviate from the book at some point
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Vieira(m): 9:52am On Oct 31, 2011
The adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. Great 3D animation coupled with average storyline. They may have tried to be too faithful to the comic but it did not translate well for me. My Son loved it on the other hand! My score is a 5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
hmmm. . .i hope i have a better experience at it @ Vieira.

Monte Carlo ~ Yawn
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
[size=13pt]I grab the point friend. . . . i guess maybe he didn't get what he was expecting like you've rightly said . smiley
[/size]
obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv and kobikwelu

Come on! Give semid4lyfe a break. It's just his opinion on the film. Maybe he didn't get what he was expecting. Everybody has a right to his/her opinion.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:44pm On Oct 31, 2011
[size=13pt]Vieira dear well to put this film into three words = best animation ever! It is fantastic, must see animation. I saw the cartoon some time back but this film brought Tin Tin back to life cheesy cheesy cheesy . The animation is a joy to see and is so exciting and keeps your eyes peeled to your screen ^^ grin

The animation is realistic and has tremendous special effects. I strongly advise seeing this film in 3D because it will make it more of a joy to watch. The Plot is epic and interesting and the cast are brilliant! There is great humour in this film and it is great for younger viewers as well as older viewers. To top this film off, I'm going to give give 10/10. My number one favourite animation (2nd being Toy Story, which is still a fantastic animation wink )
[/size]

Vieira:

The adventures of Tintin: Secret of the Unicorn. Great 3D animation coupled with average storyline. They may have tried to be too faithful to the comic but it did not translate well for me. My Son loved it on the other hand! My score is a 5/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 3:09pm On Nov 01, 2011
Vieira:

Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Vieira dear well to put this film into three words = best animation ever! It is fantastic, must see animation. I saw the cartoon some time back but this film brought Tin Tin back to life cheesy cheesy cheesy . The animation is a joy to see and is so exciting and keeps your eyes peeled to your screen ^^ grin

The animation is realistic and has tremendous special effects. I strongly advise seeing this film in 3D because it will make it more of a joy to watch. The Plot is epic and interesting and the cast are brilliant! There is great humour in this film and it is great for younger viewers as well as older viewers. To top this film off, I'm going to give give 10/10. My number one favourite animation (2nd being Toy Story, which is still a fantastic animation wink )
[/size]

@Ogaga4Luv and Vieira
I'll check it out when it hits theaters in Nigeria by December. The same as the U.S. release date.

@topic
O' BROTHER, WHERE AT THOU? (2000)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 9:48pm On Nov 01, 2011
LOTR Return of the king. brilliante.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:50pm On Nov 01, 2011
[size=13pt]Yeah friend You'll surely like this movie ~ cool

O Brother, Where Art Thou? from the opening of the film, almost to the end, this movie has a great feel. The cinematography is beautiful, and following around these three escaped convicts is interesting to watch smiley . But, unfortunately, these characters are only so interesting, and the situations are what the movie has to rely on. The situations become tiring, and then the characters have to run the show. It would've been good if both were great at all times, but they just weren't. grin grin
[/size]

obinna5000:

@Ogaga4Luv and Vieira
I'll check it out when it hits theaters in Nigeria by December. The same as the U.S. release date.

@topic
O' BROTHER, WHERE AT THOU? (2000)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 2:16am On Nov 02, 2011
watching Drive (2011) n i'm wondering y some1 was asking for justification for giving it a rating of 3,
na the rant make me watch am.
its pretty obvious y, the movie starts at the 50th min, is slow, boooooooooooooooring.
AIMLESS, wack.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2011
Gone Baby Gone (2007) --- 9.5
i didn't like the mustache on Lionel grin grin grin grin
a tot provoking movie, y'all shud c it if u havnt.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by kokoA(m): 11:00am On Nov 02, 2011
the Tourist
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Billiards: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2011
Watching movies comes in my daily routine. I regularly watch movies no matter the movies is Hollywood movie or Bollywood movie. But i only like Hollywood movies. This month, the last movies i saw was 3 musketeers, its an awesome movie. Singham was last Bollywood movies i saw.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Next2Bezee(m): 1:44pm On Nov 02, 2011
Hmm, No interesting movies out now, thats why im downloading all the Harry Potter movies in 720P High Definition to keep me going till Sherlock Holmes is released.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2011
^^^
I have seen Sherlock Holmes and it was boring as hell(only burning fire with people screaming). I don't  know if I would spend another time paying to get the Blueray or DVD  releases anytime. I weren't quite impress after the cinema show though.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by semid4lyfe(m): 1:08am On Nov 03, 2011
Love Wedding Marriage [2011] - a romantic comedy about a marriage counselor whose counseling practice & views on marriage are put to the test when she discovers her parents are getting divorced . . . .4.5/10

Your Love Never Fails [2011] - a made-for-tv family drama with a christian tilt. Sweet movie, the kind you watch with a smile on your face throughout. . . .5.5/10

[size=16pt]LAGAAN - ONCE UPON A TIME IN INDIA [2011][/size] - a Bollywood historical drama starring AAMIR KHAN, Gracy Singh, Rachel Shelley & Paul Blackthorne. Movie is almost 4hrs (3hrs45min) and I had planned to watch it over 2 or 3 days but from the minute I started, I never took my eyes off my PC screen. Like Rokiatu, I can't believe this movie didn't win the Oscar for Best Foreign Film shocked

Movie is BRILLIANT and it makes other Bollywood blockbusters & critically acclaimed films like My Name is Khan, 3 Idiots, Gaijini, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham, Fanaa etc seem like amateurish ventures.

If you haven't seen this movie, please do so and come back to thank me grin  Make I SMS here and limit my remaining comments to the scorecard
- [size=16pt]9/10[/size]

Bodyguard [2011] - a Bollywood action+comedy movie starring Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor. Movie is actually the 2nd remake of Director Siddique's 2010 Malayalam movie with the same name.

Never saw the original Malayalam film but having seen the Tamil language remake (Kavaalan The Bodyguard [2011] ) and finding it okay, I expected the Hindi language remake of the movie to be better particularly with Siddique directing it and Salman Khan & Kareena Kapoor in the lead roles BUT alas the opposite was the case.   

Nothing positive about this movie 3/10
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 03, 2011
Black Butterflies . I am dying of boredom from this movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by vescucci(m): 1:29am On Nov 03, 2011
Vieira:

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:49pm On Nov 03, 2011
[size=13pt]I have only seen the one of 1928 cool[/size]

all4naija:

Black Butterflies . I am dying of boredom from this movie.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:06pm On Nov 03, 2011

[size=13pt]Gladiator
Gladiator is a truly great depiction of an important part of early Roman Empire. Yes, Gladiator will probably win the Oscar of Best Picture of 2000, but should it. . . . huh While I agree that watching it was a great pleasure, I am not convinced that it was the best movie made that  year. In any other year, not containing a film named ‘Cast Away', Gladiator would get my absolute vote, however in the interest of keeping this review to the movie at hand, I will not name which one I feel should win. grin

Viewing Gladiator was definitely a spectacle everyone should endure. It has everything any good movie should; an original story, great acting, and truly awe-inspiring direction. To be transported to a world that existed over 1800 years ago, and experience the very same excitement the Romans were able to enjoy is just incredible. wink wink wink
[/size]
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by obinna5000(m): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2011
ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2011
Captain America (2011) --- its a muvi for teens abi na pre-teen (5/10)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by mobf: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2011
The Shawshank Redemption (1994). I never get tired of watching it. 10/10 'cos it's absolutely brilliant!
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by amblors(m): 9:00am On Nov 04, 2011
^^^
i concur, jaw dropping movi. classy stuff.
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by aieromon(m): 11:52am On Nov 04, 2011
Underworld (2003)
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by iice(f): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
Russell Peters Green Card Tour grin
Re: What Was The Last Movie You Watched - Part 2 by v3: 2:34pm On Nov 04, 2011
Kevin Hart - Laugh out my pain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (97) (Reply)

Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Bbtitans: Ipeleng And Lukay Have Sex In The House (video) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.