Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,361 members, 7,857,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) (220 Views)

List Of 5 Worst Governors In Nigeria (Opinion) / Buhari To APC Governors: We Must Not Lose Edo To Opposition / The Cjn’s Removal: The Lamps Are Going Out All Over Nigeria- Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by emkz: 7:45pm On Nov 26, 2020
The post below has been making the rounds lately.

The way many demonize Nigeria is mind-boggling. I admire Aisha Yesufu for being a firebrand, but I don't align with her on this one because her thinking is flawed. My pointers to her:

Tell us the cost of building such a house abroad, including cost of land, obtaining permits, hiring a contractor and building the house. Also tell us the cost of maintaining the property including council taxes, home insurance and peripheral expenses. The way many demonize Nigeria is mind-boggling. How can you earn in naira and speak in dollars? If you want to speak in dollars, earn dollars. Let us stop this fixation by converting currencies to make Nigeria look bad. Nigeria is paradise for investment.

When I studied abroad, I frequented a restaurant run by a Nigerian woman. We got talking and she showed me her bills. She pays for TV license to show television in her restaurant, she pays to sell alcohol, she must pay her staff minimum wage, she must have specific cookers to prepare food and she must use specific types of chairs. In Nigeria, you can open restaurant or bar without permit.

I posted this topic to draw attention that Nigeria is not bad for investments and ROI is high. Look at the Lebanese, the Indians and the Chinese; they are seeing the opportunities many lampoon.

Re: Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by twosquare(m): 7:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
[s]
emkz:
The post below has been making the rounds lately.

The way many demonize Nigeria is mind-boggling. I admire Aisha Yesufu for being a firebrand, but I don't align with her on this one because her thinking is flawed. My pointers to her:

Tell us the cost of building such a house abroad, including cost of land, obtaining permits, hiring a contractor and building the house. Also tell us the cost of maintaining the property including council taxes, home insurance and peripheral expenses. The way many demonize Nigeria is mind-boggling. How can you earn in naira and speak in dollars? If you want to speak in dollars, earn dollars. Let us stop this fixation by converting currencies to make Nigeria look bad. Nigeria is paradise for investment.

When I studied abroad, I frequented a restaurant run by a Nigerian woman. We got talking and she showed me her bills. She pays for TV license to show television in her restaurant, she pays to sell alcohol, she must pay her staff minimum wage, she must have specific cookers to prepare food and she must use specific types of chairs. In Nigeria, you can open restaurant or bar without permit.

I posted this topic to draw attention that Nigeria is not bad for investments and ROI is high. Look at the Lebanese, the Indians and the Chinese; they are seeing the opportunities many lampoon.
[/s]
Re: Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by ednut1(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
Do you know how many foreign investors whose capital is trapped in Nigeria and cant get dollars from CBN to repatriate funds back Aisha is only talking about her own reality. Abi make she no talk

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by emkz: 9:13pm On Nov 26, 2020
ednut1:
Do you know how many foreign investors whose capital is trapped in Nigeria and cant get dollars from CBN to repatriate funds back Aisha is only talking about her own reality. Abi make she no talk

Bro, she invested in Nigeria. I can't wrap my head around her making comparisons with the USD without first investing in the US or understanding the business climate. As for foreign investors who can't repatriate funds back home, let them plough the funds back in the country.
Re: Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by orisa37: 7:50pm On Nov 27, 2020
SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO STEAL NIGERIA TO NIGER REPUBLIC.
Re: Why We Must Not Lose Faith In Nigeria (OPINION) by orisa37: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2020
SOMEBODY IS TRYING TO STEAL NIGERIA TO NIGER REPUBLIC. AND NIGER REPUBLIC IS BUYING STOLEN PROPERTY WITHOUT KNOWING.

(1) (Reply)

#EndSARS: The Real Giants of Africa Are Awake / Northern Elders Forum - Buhari Feels No Empathy, Nigerians Are Dying / Osinbajo Joins Gates, Dangote Others At Leadership Forum On Public Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.