Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn (43440 Views)

ASUU To Hold Emergency Meeting On Thursday. Strike To Be Likely Called Off / BREAKING: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by MrStylish(m): 1:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Etinosa1234:
I just hope this news is true... 8 months nor be beans
It better not be true

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by engrfcuksmtin(m): 1:48am On Nov 28, 2020
4t4th:
We, The Non-academic Students Union Of Universities, say no to this decision.
Then strike your own strike and stay hungry for 8 months sad

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by MrStylish(m): 1:49am On Nov 28, 2020
caylakays:
Finally! I pray they fix resumption date asap. Can't wait to resume and start enjoying.
Team 2020
Abobi
U never talk why you wan resume skul
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by BabaO2: 1:53am On Nov 28, 2020
They have taken Nigerians for granted for too long. They are not indispensable if we have the right government. A situation where a university lecturer wants to be paid like an oil worker is seeking undeserved merit. They can't just stampede everyone suddenly, if most of them had gotten the qualifications to be absorbed by oil companies, they wouldn't be in teaching. They can't be deceiving everybody and be resulting to blackmailing government every time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Drsmartphilips: 2:18am On Nov 28, 2020
davidodiba:
Oya. ..time to finish up my Post Graduate Studies....
who asked you
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by GboyegaD(m): 2:30am On Nov 28, 2020
ASUU gets more than is budgeted for education for a year, just wondering.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Tilykay(m): 2:51am On Nov 28, 2020
flyingpig:
the strike has been suspended. But we await press conference from ASUU chairman. I guess he is tabulating or preparing his speech and will be read to journalists before midnight.

You sure bro?
This one they say they will get to their members and get back to government before announcing a date to call off. Or abi no be me read well.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Tilykay(m): 2:57am On Nov 28, 2020
kenfarm:
I can bet with my left ball SSANU & NASu are warming up......student always on the receiving end

Don't worry. It's all ended
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Tilykay(m): 3:02am On Nov 28, 2020
BabaO2:
They have taken Nigerians for granted for too long. They are not indispensable if we have the right government. A situation where a university lecturer wants to be paid like an oil worker is seeking undeserved merit. They can't just stampede everyone suddenly, if most of them had gotten the qualifications to be absorbed by oil companies, they wouldn't be in teaching. They can't be deceiving everybody and be resulting to blackmailing government every time.

Thank you very much.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 28, 2020
it's not about calling it Off now, hope it won't repeat again, it's better to address the issues totally or scrap ASUU, to save the future of our unborn children

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Tilykay(m): 3:03am On Nov 28, 2020
Drsmartphilips:
who asked you

Be happy for the person.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by bluefilm: 3:05am On Nov 28, 2020
Adonis86:
They should wait for all the agreement to be completely concertised before calling off the strike.

The Federal government is a very irresponsible government.

They give more money and attention to frivolities and self rewarding of themselves with the latest Prado and Lexus jeeps.

They pay Boko Haram repentees and reward mediocrity against meritocracy on daily basis.

Nobody should pity them.

Lazy Nigerian Student spotted.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 28, 2020
Doradorwa:
I saw "Deadlock" in more than 3 threads few minutes ago... wetin dey sup...

Ebi like say schooling don taya you self?

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Rapture4real(m): 3:34am On Nov 28, 2020
Hallelujah. Praise the Lord.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by focygray: 3:44am On Nov 28, 2020
Please also Support me in my blog. Visit and leave a comment in any of the post. You can as well share some of your intriguing and interesting stories on omuabor@gmail.com. I will really appreciate. www.focytalk..com

khingTony:

Source: https://punchng.com/breaking-ASUU-agrees-to-call-off-strike-to-receive-n70bn/?amp=1

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by HRMK: 4:27am On Nov 28, 2020
YEYE SET OF PEOPLE!ITS NOW THE TURN OF SSANU AND NASU!CAN ASUU EVER FUNCTION SATISFACTORILY WITHOUT THE OTHER TWO?NO!OBASANJO WULD AV PROSCRIBED THE UNION OR AV ALL THE MEMBERS SACKED!!
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by endsarrrs(f): 4:27am On Nov 28, 2020
4t4th:
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by endsarrrs(f): 4:32am On Nov 28, 2020
Thats nice wink
focygray:
Please also Support me in my blog. Visit and leave a comment in any of the post. You can as well share some of your intriguing and interesting stories on omuabor@gmail.com. I will really appreciate. www.focytalk..com

its Ok. Work a little more on your blog.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:37am On Nov 28, 2020
uni69:
Finally. Thank God oooo
Finally u want to go and fvck grin
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Tjiaz:
Good. Students can finally resume back to their respective schools.
Common sense u people don't have, read you guys can't read

ASUU is expected to report the agreement to its organs and then communicate their decision to the government after which a date for the calling off of the strike would be announced.
A source informed our correspondent that ASUU insisted that the agreement should not be announced until it has been approved by its members.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Alejobs: 4:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Buy Portable solar inverter and powerbank for you comfort

Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by BluntNigerian: 4:47am On Nov 28, 2020
We don't want to start school again.
They have a case to answer in court
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by mechanics(m): 4:54am On Nov 28, 2020
They are now smiling.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Victorbarry: 4:58am On Nov 28, 2020
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by AmeLonRo(m): 5:08am On Nov 28, 2020
GboyegaD:
ASUU gets more than is budgeted for education for a year, just wondering.
How many ASUU members? Remember all the teaching and non teachingvstsff will share the 40 billion. Each lecturer will receive about 1million for the excess work done from 2012 to 2016. Some will get nothing. Think and know before you write rubbish.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by Angelnath(m): 5:08am On Nov 28, 2020
4t4th:
gbayi man make we go strike again jawe
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by AmeLonRo(m): 5:20am On Nov 28, 2020
This news is cheering. Govt should pay ehsyvthey owe with their withheld salaries. Haba wa! Some since 2012 ooo.
Please also Support me in my blog (www.thenewkokoro.com). Visit and leave a comment in any of the posts. You can as well share some of your intriguing and interesting stories or write ups via newgbenge@yahoo.com. I will really appreciate. www.thenewkokoro.com
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by perrydolla(f): 5:22am On Nov 28, 2020
I can't wait any longer to resume school
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by CasNova: 5:27am On Nov 28, 2020
It took so long.

But then, better late than never.
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by alphaRego01(m): 5:28am On Nov 28, 2020
caylakays:
Finally! I pray they fix resumption date asap. Can't wait to resume and start enjoying.
Team 2020

I hope I never see u finish
Re: ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn by adecz: 5:42am On Nov 28, 2020
NA dem sabi....

To this Fulani administration,
Boko sef is haram, so, they don't
really care if universities remain
closed until 2023... undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Entire Graduating Class With LLM At The University Of Calgary Are All Nigerians / Begging Classmates For Food In Primary/Secondary Schools (Pic) / Our Boys Woo All With Benz On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.