Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,514 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan (4605 Views)

Doyin Okupe Mocks Obasanjo's Endorsement Of Buhari(pic) / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / Endorsement Of President Jonathan Is An Endorsement For Mediocrity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Pharoh: 8:02am On Mar 22, 2011
Commercial motorcyclists, popularly known as Okada riders, yesterday endorsed the candidacy of President Goodluck Jonathan for the forthcoming elections.

The endorsement came from the Amalgamated Commercial Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria (ACOMORAN) at a meeting of its executives across the country, with the President at the Eko Hotel and Suites at Lagos.

This follows a commitment by the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chukwuemeka Nwogu, to mobilise the organised labour to come out en-mass and vote for Mr.Jonathan in the forthcoming polls. The President of the association, Babangida Shehu, who spoke for the group said the endorsement will be immediately followed with massive support across the length and breath of the country.

Mr. Shehu who once a bike rider but now running for the Jos North Constituency of the Plateau State House of Assembly, noted that there are over eight million commercial motorcyclists with one or two dependants and more than 30 per cent of the riders are graduates from Nigerian universities. “The implication of this is that more than 10 percent of Nigeria population live on revenue from bikes,” he said, adding that “the commercial motorcycle is providing self-employment for a reasonable number of our youth”.

He, however, noted that the bike business is facing serious challenges from state governors who see the operators as a nuisance to the society or as criminal elements as they have either banned or limited the commercial operation time. “These actions are taken without providing alternatives for the riders whose means of livelihood are threatened by these policies,” he said.

Registering members

He noted that the association has embarked on a nationwide live data capture and biometrics of their members to give the states some form of comfort and assurance. “To achieve this, the group is working with the Nigerian Police force, Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Commission, who we are going to share our data with for enforcement and crime management,” said Mr. Shehu, who asked the president to assist in the provision of the data capturing machine for the group.

“Capacity building for our members, make case for us with states that seek to legislate us out of existence; support our nationwide live data capture through provision of data capture and provide ACOMORAN with Federal Government’s subsidy for its ATCS Micro Insurance scheme,” he stressed.

Mr. Shehu promised that the group will deliver the largest group vote come April 2011. In his response Mr. Jonathan thanked the bike riders for their services, noting that, since not all Nigerian roads have been fixed, it is easier to access where cars cannot go with the motorcycles as they constitute almost 50 percent of transportation.

The president observed that,bike raiders have better chance of controlling crime rather than abetting it . The president noted that armed robbers can buy motorcycles and use it to rob, but this doesn’t mean it is the bike riders that are robbers.

He directed that some members of the association meet with the Economic Adviser to the President and see how they can work out modalities to start assembling or manufacturing the motorcycles in Nigeria.

The president promised to work with the group to sort out their challenges, especially those in the states.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5684629-146/story.csp
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by b0dnel: 8:20am On Mar 22, 2011
hahaha. I laugh in Hindu
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 22, 2011
Nothing new, if MEND can endorse him why not OKADA Riders,
Birds of feathers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by kasiem(m): 8:27am On Mar 22, 2011
Fresh air, feel it,
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Pharoh: 8:29am On Mar 22, 2011
baba-bosun:

Nothing new, if MEND can endorse him why not OKADA Riders,
Birds of feathers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Okada riders are Nigerians just like you with a choice who their endorsement goes to.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Genbuhari3: 8:34am On Mar 22, 2011
Okada riders including the massive Achaba riders in the North?

We dey laugh ooo. Massive support indeed. when i saw the topic, I thought the endorsement came from Pastor Enoch Adeboye grin
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Ess: 8:35am On Mar 22, 2011
Mtsww these GEJ supporters have lost it, so desperate!
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by http(m): 8:39am On Mar 22, 2011
how does this get to the front page?
Bunch of retards, i laugh in Ijebu!
President Olokada indeed, gej no get shame at all, imagine him saying okada riders should help curb crime as if that is there job, clueless fisherman,
Youth dont need okada as a good source of leaving afterall according to thier Oga, 30% are graduate, this alone should make gej cried loud, Wasted generation of retards who does not know their enemy again, poverty of mind as really beclowed nigeria,
Its is left for the people to make change or leave in thier missery,
God is laughing at us cos we are inept people who religion as beclowed, make we dey wait for God to removed pdp, God self dey laugh at us, God as giving us the power of reasoning to make choices, so dont call him to this subject.
Gej aka mr fantasy promising evry body, pls i never get my own biscuit,
Awon were,
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 22, 2011
http said:

President Olokada indeed, gej no get shame at all, imagine him saying okada riders should help curb crime as if that is there job, clueless fisherman,
Youth dont need okada as a good source of leaving afterall according to thier Oga, 30% are graduate, this alone should make gej cried loud,  Wasted generation of retards who does not know their enemy again, poverty of mind as really beclowed nigeria

My friend please shut up. You're in Columbus Ohio. Do you know how many graduates are driving taxi in America? Including PhD holders? And working in bars, in security, as waiters, waitresses etc? Have you lambasted Obama for the situation or you're just chopping hamburger and fries there regardless, while insulting Nigeria? Nonsense.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Pataki: 8:50am On Mar 22, 2011
Egbe olokada abi? grin

How much has Goatluck given to them? N200million? Afterall, the guy na free donor these days.

The frustrated desperation of this GEJ sef.

Mschewwww.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Gbenge77(m): 8:52am On Mar 22, 2011
this is the final straw for gej
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by BabaEleko(m): 8:53am On Mar 22, 2011
30% of riders are graduates from universities. Hahahaha Okada riding is now a conventional career under president Elemele Jonathan!? Only for naija. Hehehe
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 22, 2011
ROSSIKE:

http said:

My friend please shut up. You're in Columbus Ohio. Do you know how many graduates are driving taxi in America? Including PhD holders? And working in bars, in security, as waiters, waitresses etc? Have you lambasted Obama for the situation or you're just chopping hamburger and fries there regardless, while insulting Nigeria? Nonsense.
lol, I thought I was the only one reasoning in this direction
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by wazobiann: 9:02am On Mar 22, 2011
Them wan tell us anoda lie again oooooo!(2 face). Was it not this same okada riders that rejected PDP and burnt PDP flags across the northern cities after the PDP primaries? Some okada boys were given money to deceive some fools. simple!
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Mojibola(m): 9:07am On Mar 22, 2011
ROSSIKE:

http said:

kai!!, my brother don vex ooo
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 22, 2011
wazobiann:

Them wan tell us anoda lie again oooooo!(2 face). Was it not this same okada riders that rejected PDP and burnt PDP flags across the northern cities after the PDP primaries? Some okada boys were given money to deceive some fools. simple!
Na today?
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Ayoobscom(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2011
These motocyclists are graduates who have given up on employment---and Mr president instead of promising jobs oppertunities is about to ship in more bikes to cause more untimely death

Immagine how dim
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by wise(m): 9:16am On Mar 22, 2011
Ok oooo, others are sleeping while the President and Dame Patience are on the Road. Okada riders are many all over Nigeria and if he can identify with them successfully, it means at least 70% of their vote is certain.

News: Dame Patience has visited almost all the Igbo Kinsmen in Lagos(Underground campaign that is bound to bring effective result) .

IT IS TIME TO START MAKING SOUND AND NOT NOISE, HIT THE STREET AND CAMPAIGN FOR WHO YOU BELIEVED IN.   My Vote is for Goodluck, chi ke na(in hausa)
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2011
Money don change hands grin

Anyway, wetin concern aboki okada riders with endorsement. In fact, I have interacted with many of them and they not only root for Buhari, they have his stickers on their motor cycles. And they dominate okada business in Lagos. Endorsement my foot! grin
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by blapo(m): 9:27am On Mar 22, 2011
The okada group wants their own share of the national cake shikenah
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Wadeoye(m): 9:28am On Mar 22, 2011
This GEJ people will not stop amusing us. Of all group of Nigerians, it is the endorsement of Okada riders that Jonathan supporters are making noise about. Yes, they are Nigerians but any corrupt polician can buy them with just N100,000.00. If those poor guys that endorsed Jonathan are based in Lagos, I can tell you that Tinubu (Ojuyobo) will double the money given to them on the eve of the election and they will vote for ACN. These people are looking for what to eat - whoever brings money will have his way. The endorsement does not have to do with principle and the fact that they belief GEJ can better their life.

Don't come here to tell us Olokada, NURTW, and their likes endorsed a candidate - that is petty polictics that we want to stamp out of Nigeria.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by baslone: 9:31am On Mar 22, 2011
O boi!! This okada bizness don dey boom o! Okada riders layin back at EKO HOTEL!!

Why dem no go endorse?
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Wadeoye(m): 9:33am On Mar 22, 2011
Also, people are under estimating the population of hausas in Lagos and South in general. Go to "sabo" and markets like mile 12 and you will be taken aback by the level of awareness among them as to who to vote. They know the slogan of CPC more than the CPC members. They will even turn out to vote more than we southerners - all these votes are 100% for Buhari.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 22, 2011
birds of the same feathers flock together,endorsers and endorsees are all semi literate.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by http(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2011
@Bassike n blink182
guy pls be objective enough, waiter, cab driver are job ehoch u cant compare to okada in naija, for an Okada chairman or what to say 30% of its members are graduate is shameful for our president wanting to invest more inform of bike assembly in naija, so more of us will enter into the poverty lead suicide job abi?
Is that the kind of job a graduate should be doing, waiter and cab drivers purchasing power n standard of living can never be compare to someone working in a bank in naija let alone okada rider, n ur president is campaigning for more tenure.

You also said i should shut up, if my post is against ur   thinking, belive, candidate, sorry u cant change that, i have the right to express my opinion likewise yours, so u dont have the right shut me up, naija mentality in action.

I still dey laugh at the Commander in cheif of Olokada.

Awon were,
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by debest1(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2011
That 30% of okada riders are graduates is a sad indictment of Nigeria as a whole and not just GEJ
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by ebealways: 9:57am On Mar 22, 2011
what do u expect from  them, they are doing this so okada will not be bound, u know okada is not allowed in Abuja.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by ebealways: 10:01am On Mar 22, 2011
debest1:

That 30% of okada riders are graduates is a sad indictment of Nigeria as a whole and not just GEJ

they are senseless the government that made graduate an okada rider where they have to be in the office, that's the people they are endorsing, maybe the helmet has dampen their brains. lolz
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by md4real(m): 10:02am On Mar 22, 2011
where is the MASSIVE?
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by debest1(m): 10:07am On Mar 22, 2011
ebealways:

they are senseless the government that made graduate an okada rider where they have to be in the office, that's the people they are endorsing, maybe the helmet has dampen their brains. lolz
How did the GEJ govt make a graduate an okada man? The situation of nigeria is so dire that over the past 25 years people have resorted to all sorts to secure their daily bread. Some lucky ones have had to go abroad, a few others resorted to crime while some are okada drivers.
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by Tunsbobo(m): 10:11am On Mar 22, 2011
This is good news for Gej and his supporters! At least, this endorsement has raised their hopes! By the way, I have noticed that buhari supporters on nairaland are getting aggressive nowadays and are putting up that win at all cost attitude! I'm an objective Ribadu supporter, and buhari supporters are becoming unbecoming!
Re: Another Massive Endorsement For Jonathan by 9ijaMan: 10:16am On Mar 22, 2011
Don't worry guys, the association of shoe makers would soon endorse GEJ. Thi is probably GEJ's response to NANS endorsement of the BB ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Failure To Pay Market Fee Is A Criminal Offence In Lagos / See Namibian Women Honoured Their Gods By Showing Off Their B0 0bs Public / PHOTOS: Image Of 'prophet' That Appeared On A Toilet Wall In Mali This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.