Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? (20081 Views)

One Game Is Always Designed To Spoil Your Ticket. I QUIT!! / Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea / I Quit Betting For Good!!!(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by LeeSantos(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Spirit behind Gambling is a Wicked one ! So it's advisable not to start at all!

For you who has become a casualty!
1. Seek God's Face in Repentance. Confess your Sins and Surrender to JESUS.

2. Look for Bible believing Church where the raw undiluted Word of God is preached and Prayers made Constantly.
I attend the Lord Chosen. I recommend that for you.

3. Delete the app From your Phone! Delete whatever has to do with Gambling on your Phone. Delete friends who are Gamblers!

4. If you can change your Environment, change !

5. Get the Word of God. Let it become your Best friend and Hobby.

forex trading is also gambling. gambling is staking money to something that either bring an outcome of win or loss. and in forex it either loss or win, same also to football bets. they both based on prediction of outcome.

and we have many Christians that have made fortunes from gambling.

only advice is to gamble wisely.

9 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by shadelek(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed
I sold my car, used the money to gamble, won 400k, d nxt day I loss 600k.

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

Bash and insult me, no p. I need advice(s) please.
Bro I'm in your shoe. At times, the only thing I can think of committing suicide but then I realized that's not the end of life. I think I need deliverance.
Gambling is the worst thing that have ever happened to me. If you don't mind, we can roll together maybe we can conquer this calamity called gambling together.
My Gmail tryingharder1992@gmail.com

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by jayaim: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Baba, ur own na small. U better stop gambling, this is what happened to me last month, but even with a higher stake. From now on u will stop gambling cuz I did since last month. It has made to loose investing a bitcoin & forex trading platform that is more safe & pays well then betting.

3 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ednut1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
grin ozour
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Yellowtree:

Maybe if you stop trolling me life might be better for you. Just maybe
But i don't remember trolling you
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by jericco1(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Wahala for person wey dey bet
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Praktikals(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

Brother, sorry about your loss.
Gambling is not bad altogether. But for now, you have to suspend it. Stop trying to chase your loss. Pray to God to give you a strategy. study the strategy for sometimes, then if its worth it, you stake. This is what I do.
In the last 2 years, gambling is what God has been using to sustain me, my wives ( grin) and children.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by denjjy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
You're so lucky bro, you're yet to discover the real deal; I mean the virtual bet (Baby, dog race etc.). I'm sure by now you would have sold all your belongings.....I'm a victim of sport bet, badly affected and still struggling to quit. may God Almighty rescue us bro

12 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ipobarethieves: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
cool Tell urself like a prodigal son, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.O TO GEEEEEE

GAMBLING in whatever form isn't a pathway to WEALTH.Whatever money U acquired from GAMBLING Will DISAPPEAR same way .U can't invest it.Even if U buy house from the proceed,U'll sell it last and stake it on same lifestyle.I have seen landlord become a tenant because of that lust.of quick wealth

3 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Starkid3010(m): 5:17pm On Nov 29, 2020
Stop working for a while
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Sheuns(m): 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bro. Just remove your mind from it completely. Face your business. Gambling is not worth the stress and time at all. I’ve been there. I stopped gambling since the last World Cup. Just remove your mind from it. See it as money loosing venture.

And one more thing. Bro, never ever think you can make it via gambling o. It’s almost not possible. Remove that thought of I’ll win tomorrow. That’s a gambler’s way of consoling themselves. Just quit it and face your business. The little profits you make you’ll appreciate it more than waiting for one big fast money to drop.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Op,me and you dey for the same boat.......
but one thing that's really helping me right now is the fact that I'm currently broke.....
and the good thing about being broke for me is that I won't have the money let alone think of gambling.....so long i get foodstuffs for house,I'll be doing just fine for the now..

I Don't really see gambling as an addiction, because secondly,the moment I get my mind busy, probably by working,I hardly have time to think of gambling
Truth be told, I ain't d idle type, I'm always busy, but this shit always pops up at odd times and i fund my acct then "boom" everything loss!

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
I dnt knw wat to tell you n i feel 4u...there are some 'easier' odds to stake such huge funds than straight wins...

the watchword here should hv been responsive betting

I hv been betting since Sept 2, 2011....I never broke n not dat i dnt lose but i do it for fun..i hv huge responsibilites n knw wen to slow down n jump in again...

betting have help most of us especially me but info it as part time

d.m me to show you how to recover....0.9.0.6.2.1.5.2.3.2.7

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by BigBizzy(m): 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

Ntoooorrrrr now na morning.

If you never learn tp quit by now then you no ever fit quit again

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
denjjy:
You're so lucky bro, you're yet to discover the real deal; I mean the virtual bet (Baby, dog race etc.). I'm sure by now you would have sold all your belongings.....I'm a victim of sport bet, badly affected and still struggling to quit. may God Almighty rescue us bro
I have always hate virtual....but live match z kinda worst.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
Barka00:

What of those who have made a lot of fortune through gambling?
don't deceive yourself. No one has ever mad it through gambling

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Lastmankc(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

Guy,let me tell you the truth ,there is nothing like sure game again. My guy tried so much to initiate me into this gambling stuff but I thank God I don't heed to his advice.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Justbright(m): 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

U have a very bad method of staking....200k on 5 odd?...nust laidat?...learn d hustle well be venturing into it....try learn from d best and ur mistakes....life itself is a risk.....if u like quit,u don lose totally be dat.....atlot are making cool fortune from sport betting....dnt mind all dis folks here preaching to u..even their pasyor dey do ROLLOVER
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by pickatyou2: 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
A lot have asked this question.
What makes you strong is the ability to control your emotions. When the desire to gamble comes in promise your self a greater reward if you can scale through the desire
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by FreQ: 5:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
INVEST IN MY FARM SETUP

Agricultural Project

Phase One - Cultivation of 30,000 Plantain trees across 30 acres

Phase Two - Cultivation of 30,000 Plantain trees across 30 acres

Phase One starts December with clearing of land and digging of holes.

Cultivation of 30,000 Seedlings will take place January 2021

Phase Two starts January with clearing of land and digging of holes.

Cultivation of 30,000 Seedlings will take place January 2021

Expected to yield for harvest December 2021

Estimated Financial Projection

: Phase One and Two to yield 30 Million Naira by December 2021/ January 2022

I am seeking for financial investors to round up the financial resources i have to push the project to it's full form.

You can invest as low as 100,000 Naira

We can setup physical meetings and discuss in person. There will be regular meeting throughout the entire duration of the project

Please invest in this project so it will see the FULL light of the day.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gambling has only true rule.

1. ONLY GAMBLE WITH AN AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD TO DASH OUT WITHOUT FEELING HEAT

2. REFER TO NUMBER ONE!

8 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by PlainSight(m): 5:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
Barka00:

What of those who have made a lot of fortune through gambling?
help me ask.so long as govt says it's legal then it's ok.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by lawrenzooo: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Open up to your family!
Either an elder brother or an elder sister.
Let them know you have a gambling addiction.

Give up your finance. From the way you sound it's seems you are and online gambler. Let a trusted person handle your finance for you.

Lastly accept reality!
The Money is gone forget about it and start over again. I repeat forget about the money. You can't recover it if you chase your loss you would end up losing more

3 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by sonofElElyon: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Why don't you just zip it if you have nothing helpful to say?

p.s. you seem not to know that your comment could be considered criminal.. encouraging the commission of a crime to wit: suicide

NegroAcheiver:
Collect billygilmour's remaining sniper and do the needful.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by money121(m): 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

Call/Whatsapp 08085310359
Let discuss how i quite 14yrs Ago

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

find time to watch this YouTube video I'll drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgLwphEDM0

I was once in your shoes, i lost my relationship, i almost dropped out of higher institution. I exhausted my money In gambling and used my elder brothers 2.2M. That was when my eyes began to clear. I was almost taken for psychiatric evaluation. Long story short. It's been barely a year i stopped gambling, i have a car now, I've almost completed my house, and by God's grace I'll be getting married soon
Run from Gambling. Its like a plague

11 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Escobar98(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Just develop a different perspective for making money. Explore other possible options and assume that you can not make it via gambling. Of course there exist several reasons as motivation for gambling, but financial breakthrough is the most common.
I exit gambling easily when I changed my perspective on how to make money.

I can tell you I had real suicidal thoughts whenever I ran into debts and once contemplated jumping onto a moving vehicle. It happened to me.

You can quit easily buy assuming you can’t make it via gambling

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by denjjy(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
denjjy:
I can see you're still new in the game and quitting will be easy for you. All you really need to quit for now are; strong determination, change of environment and deliverance.
The introduction of betting has brought great problem upon youths, the U18 age restriction is no longer adhere to by many shops, our society is growing a generation of gamblers, the culture of saving that we inherited from our forefathers is fast degrading. May God help Us

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Sheuns(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
I dnt knw wat to tell you n i feel 4u...there are some 'easier' odds to stake such huge funds than straight wins...

the watchword here should hv been responsive betting

I hv been betting since Sept 2, 2011....I never broke n not dat i dnt lose but i do it for fun..i hv huge responsibilites n knw wen to slow down n jump in again...

betting have help most of us especially me but info it as part time

d.m me to show you how to recover....0.9.0.6.2.1.5.2.3.2.7

cheesy cheesy grin

Person wan quit u Dey encourage am to do more. OP be wise o. There’s no gambling expert anywhere. It’s 50/50.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by causewahala: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
First time I gambled was in university. I felt a shudder in my body more like tremors and I knew immediately this wasn't for me. I just laugh anytime anyone offers me all this sure bet info.

@ OP: Any time you feel the urge to bet: locate the nearest, genuinely distressed human being (finance-wise) and assist with whatever money you intend to gamble with. This should go a long way in kicking the habit.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World Cup 2018: Referees For Quarter-Final Matches Revealed! / Liverpool VS Mancity: 3 Key Battles Featuring Mane, De Bruyne, Vandijk, Sterling / Accident Involving Kwara United Football Club Bus (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.