Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? (20141 Views)

One Game Is Always Designed To Spoil Your Ticket. I QUIT!! / Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea / I Quit Betting For Good!!!(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by jumper524(m): 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed
I sold my car, used the money to gamble, won 400k, d nxt day I loss 600k.

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

Bash and insult me, no p. I need advice(s) please.
ur lucky you ain't into virtual gambling.
but mehn your first mistake is staking money you can't afford to loose.
can't advice you on how to stop though but just incase your unsuccessful in trying to quit, try regulating it
don't gamble to make money gamble to satisfy that craving urge to gamble and stake much lesser.
if your networth is 1m staking 1k ain't risky for you.

Good luck though.
prevention is best in the case of gambling.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
[color=#000099][/color] Go For A Therapy Section Or U Just Bet A Big One just To Take Your Mind Off it Hope My Advice Works
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by spencekat(m): 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Betting sucks

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by sonofElElyon: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Your profile has your location as heaven... Is that the heavenly advice to give

Kestolove:
I can get you a sniper for free, dats d best I can do for u
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ipobarethieves: 5:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Barka00:

What of those who have made a lot of fortune through gambling?
Go back and check dem.They are either miserable/suffering depression.Dat wealth won't last.It doesn't start today.I have seen it all

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by danvault: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
updatechange:
Maybe you need to travel to a rural or remote area where such things don't exist undecided

No he can also bet online.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by spencekat(m): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Muhylonaire007:
Lwkmd.... Bet9ja wan finish this one grin grin grin grin
No be only him,but plenty people
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
awesome99:
find time to watch this YouTube video I'll drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXgLwphEDM0

I was once in your shoes, i lost my relationship, i almost dropped out of higher institution. I exhausted my money In gambling and used my elder brothers 2.2M. That was when my eyes began to clear. I was almost taken for psychiatric evaluation. Long story short. It's been barely a year i stopped gambling, i have a car now, I've almost completed my house, and by God's grace I'll be getting married soon
Run from Gambling. Its like a plague
Thanks bruv
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Praktikals(m): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
ipobarethieves:
cool Tell urself like a prodigal son, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

GAMBLING in whatever form isn't a pathway to WEALTH.Whatever money U acquired from GAMBLING Will DISAPPEAR same way U can't invest it.Even if U buy house from the proceed,U'll sell it last and stake it on same lifestyle.I have seen landlord become a tenant because of that lust.
Not true.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Dollanaira: 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lose a fortune
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by opeano(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
updatechange:
Maybe you need to travel to a rural or remote area where such things don't exist undecided
i stopped involuntarily wen i lost my android phone and had no acess 2 d internet 4 some months. Start by selling al ur gadgets dat has acces 2 d internet

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by spencekat(m): 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Muhylonaire007:
Lwkmd.... Bet9ja wan finish this one grin grin grin grin
No be only him o
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
jumper524:
ur lucky you ain't into virtual gambling.
but mehn your first mistake is staking money you can't afford to loose.
can't advice you on how to stop though but just incase your unsuccessful in trying to quit, try regulating it
don't gamble to make money gamble to satisfy that craving urge to gamble and stake much lesser.
if your networth is 1m staking 1k ain't risky for you.

Good luck though.
prevention is best in the case of gambling.
Thanks bruv
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Innobee99(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
Barka00:

What of those who have made a lot of fortune through gambling?
U can also be one by starting today
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ipobarethieves: 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
Praktikals:

Not true.
Truth is bitter
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Praktikals(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Spirit behind Gambling is a Wicked one ! So it's advisable not to start at all!

For you who has become a casualty!
1. Seek God's Face in Repentance. Confess your Sins and Surrender to JESUS.

2. Look for Bible believing Church where the raw undiluted Word of God is preached and Prayers made Constantly.
I attend the Lord Chosen. I recommend that for you.

3. Delete the app From your Phone! Delete whatever has to do with Gambling on your Phone. If the app refuses to delete! throw the phone away! Delete friends who are Gamblers!

4. If you can change your Environment, change !

5. Get the Word of God. Let it become your Best friend and Hobby.

Lol. I like how you use every opportunity to spread the gospel of Jesus christ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Emeka71(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Tony142:

Quitting is very easy, it is either u

1. Continue playing bet until u lost all u have and become a poor man or

2. U invest all you have in other businesses and become a rich man with time

Those are the 2 options , it is left for u to choose one

Since, I was born I have. ever see anyone that see anyone that got rich through sport betting

To start with, go and delete that betting App on your phone
That was exactly the same way I stopped gambling.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by PS712: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:

Let me be human and tell you sorry over your losses, else I'd have laughed at your foolishness!
Betting is not a career and shouldn't be, reason they say bet what you can afford to and comfortably lose. You went staking too high, and this in itself says few things about you that you need to fix-
1. Don't be so much in a rush to make plenty money at a very high expense such that you throw caution to the wind, it is called 'greed' and it makes you vulnerable to losses and regrets afterwards. This differs from taking calculated risks in normal day to day businesses.
2. That a friend of yours introduced/lured you into betting tells that you also have to work on your decision making. Be independent. Anyone can bring up suggestions, but it's left to you to analyze and arrive at a conclusion on what to do, so accept responsibility.
Finally, I'll say you are fortunate because you are alive to tell your story and can recover and be better at not betting but doing what you did earlier that brought what you lost via betting, except if it was inherited, which I'll say move on with what you got out of it - experience. Most importantly, don't over flog yourself because you made those mistakes, they form part of life, what matters is how you dust yourself up and forge ahead!
There's no success without a story.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Neddstark: 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Only bet with money that you can afford to lose.
I remember one guy who used money given for to start a barbershop for betting. Exactly 300k. He betted on 2.5 odds. He was ready to tell his benefactor that he got robbed. His games were winning untill the last game which he betted on a win but the match was a draw even up till the 90th minute. This guy was already in a depressive fit as in looking suicidal. Only for the last minute injury time his team got a penalty and won. The heart rollercoaster he went through that day made him realize that no game is sure and never to take that kind of risk again. His was one of the success stories. Many people are licking their wounds as we speak. Betting is not for the fragile heart.

6 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Mrbenny001: 5:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
If you want to know how terrible is to be addicted to gambling, try online/ live roulette
I'm stock right now

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by jaxxy(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

If u must bet do it for fun or atleast stake only money u can play around with. If u stake money very valuable to u whether u win or lose u are becoming addicted.

That’s how it starts, it’s a gradual process bt u get stuck b4 u realize it. The desire to recover after a lose of Smtn valuable creates The addiction which only leads to more losses most times then Ure on an endless journey to of loses and wins.

The betting game itself was designed to be against u that’s why u bet on the odds. It’s meant to make more people lose than win. So u can only be successful by luck or by stealing the game.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

A gambler that still has access to cash or to raise cash, would continually gamble.......

When the gambler virtually exhausts all source of funds, and ruined their life.......

It would be a time for somber reflection......... Keep going, you would soon reach that point of no return........

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by spencekat(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
You make a fortune and lose all within a blink of an eyelid. Been there, done that. Ain't worth it.
Betting sucks
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
I don't knw how you will have car of your own and a 1m business then you will still be gambling
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by alyarmouk(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Quitters don't win bro...and winners don't quit.
Change the pattern of your games. I'm a big stakers too...win some loose some...but never let the loose margin be equal to ur win margin. It's possible and I'm a living proof.

KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by sambo1993: 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
GOD OF MERCY... NEXT TIME PLS TRY MY FORMULA. IF YOU WILL STAKE 200K. JOIN THIS OPTIONS TOGETHER U WILL NEVER LOSS. IMAGING THAT MATCHES IF U HAVE STAKE BOTH WIN FOR HOME AND AWAY THEN MARK DRAW FOR ALL THE MATCHES FOR WIN LIKE 3MILLION.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by kelvinunilag: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Buy sniper, one cover morning one cover night, thank me latter........
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by danvault: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bro you dey f up oh, which kind foolish greed be this one na? It is better to have a functional business with steady profit as income than to settle for something unpredictable such as gambling, you even sold your car which means you have given up your means of convenient transportation because of gambling. Brother shun that thing and focus on your business oh, or learn to stake little like 1k max. Imagine if you had re-invested 700k plus on your business... You for know deep down within you say you dey make good progress.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by weslay: 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
There is nothing like sure 5odds. It's a game, anything can happen.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Sheriman(m): 5:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
See as this guy dey waste Naira that is very hard to gather in this tough country.. Oh my God!! If I see this kind money that this guy is just dashing out to betting company I will instantly buy my Acer Predator Helio 300 and IClone 3D software that I needed for my 3D Animation Work.. Chaeeeeeee this guy need serious beating oooo!! Lost about a Million Naira!! shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chelsea Targets Osimhen As Replacement For Lukaku / NNFF Awards, Committee. / 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.