Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

What Should I Do? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Should I Do? (1183 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Should I Do? by sallysexy(f): 9:58am On Jun 29, 2007
There's this nigerian guy i met online, we chat everyday, he took my number and calls me mostly and sends me sms too. from the begining he told me he's going out a nigerian lady too but later on he told me he's in love with me but i brushed him off cus of his niger lady but as time went on he persisted and gradually i fell in love with him too. we exchange pictures, view our webcams and so on. for now he's proposing marriage. he's been to ghana to visit me twice and i've been to 9ja to visit him once. my problem is, am scared of the 9ja lady cuz marrying him will demand that i move permanently to nigeria and without any relation, friends except him and his family, am scared the ex (niger lady) may attack me with her friends or family. Please dnt chastise me cus i asked the guy to marry her but he claims he loves me more.
PLEASE ADVICE ME CUS AM SCARED!
Re: What Should I Do? by luxoire(f): 10:17am On Jun 29, 2007
@sally

HAS HE LEFT HER?

if he says he has, and u truly believe he has, then u should be together. NIGERIA is one hell of a big country, both of u, do not have to stay in same state/area as his ex, u can move to the other end of naija and start a life together, and she doesn't have to know!

If he can guarantee that its over btwn then and u believe him, then go for it!, if not, steer clear, otherwise she will see u as a 'husband snatcher'
Re: What Should I Do? by Aproko(f): 11:32am On Jun 29, 2007
@ poster,

you would be shocked that the 'niger ladyand her family' have better things to do than chase you and your future husband around nigeria with over 140m people!!!

your problem shouldn't be whether some girl will chase you around, your problem should be whether that is the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. you've spoken to him on phone and have seen him only 3 times, you didn't even say if you have met any of his friends or family member, what does he really does for a living, what is in that closet of his e.t.c.!!

i may be old fashioned but i dare say, 3 visits and numerous phone calls is not enough reason to believe he is the person for you. good luck pal.
Re: What Should I Do? by ryu11(m): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2007
NIGERIA is one hell of a big country

Don't be too sure. If the Man has many friends and family that she (d ex) knows, Nigeria won't be big enuf to hide in. unless they (d new) couple move to a rural area.
Re: What Should I Do? by luxoire(f): 3:01pm On Jun 29, 2007
@ryu, bottom line is, there is d possiblity of living somewhere un noticed!!, no matter how far the founding fathers decided to spread their genes
Re: What Should I Do? by GLORY20071(f): 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2007
are you an African with a British or American passport,
if you are then think well before you leap.
but if there is nothing to your name it may be love.
am sorry this whole issue of love esp on line can be twisted.
so think pray and tell him to wait, expect if you are desperate to be hooked. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Should I Do? by sallysexy(f): 10:26am On Jun 30, 2007
@ Aproko
it's not like i have seen him just 3 times, ant time he visits, he spends not less than a week
and the last time i visited him, i stayed with his parents for a month and some days. during that period
we were going out most often with his friends. am in love with him and i feel like av known him all my life.
and about the work he does, he's an engineer and av been to his office thrice.
Re: What Should I Do? by ghengis(m): 10:44am On Jun 30, 2007
@poster
Your signature sounds like you're a serious person and thats the only reason i'm replying.

GLORY 2007:

are you an African with a British or American passport,
if you are then think well before you leap.
but if there is nothing to your name it may be love.
am sorry this whole issue of love esp on line can be twisted.
so think pray and tell him to wait, expect if you are desperate to be hooked. grin grin grin grin

I have to totally go wit Glory, i 4 one don't believe in all these online things but i know i might be wrong. Just do your homework very well, even he has to agree with you that you have a right to preserve yourself.
Has he left the former girl? why? if it was because of you, then be sure that your turn is coming even if its after marriage.
Re: What Should I Do? by Aproko(f): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2007
@ sallysexy,

think long and hard before you take that leap. give your relationship some time to grow and be certain he feels the same way. dont forget you dont live in nigeria so he can put up his best behaviour for the period you are around. my point is be objective, be absolutely sure before you take that giant step. good luck
Re: What Should I Do? by PTBNaija(f): 7:18pm On Jul 02, 2007
Are you kidding me, ? What should you do? I can't marry him!!! He was in a relationship with another woman, and you guys fell in love with each other? How are you so sure that he won't start running around with other women when you are married to him? You need to run o! Forget about him and find another, better man!
Re: What Should I Do? by topgirl: 4:09pm On Mar 11, 2008
JUST FOLLOW UR HEART & HAVE FUN, TAKE THE RISK AND DONT LOOK BACK DATS WHY LUV IS RISKY.U MAY NEVER KNOW WAT IS REAL BUT KEEP UR HEAD ON.
Re: What Should I Do? by babygirlfl: 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2008
Are you kidding me, ? What should you do? I can't marry him!!! He was in a relationship with another woman, and you guys fell in love with each other? How are you so sure that he won't start running around with other women when you are married to him? You need to run o! Forget about him and find another, better man!

I totally agree with PTB NAIJA he did it with u to another.He will definitely do it with another to you.
Re: What Should I Do? by tommyex(m): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2008
that was 2007
I am sure they are married now
Thank You
Re: What Should I Do? by almondjoy(f): 12:30am On Mar 12, 2008
tommyex:

that was 2007
I am sure they are married now
Thank You

he he he he he he he he! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: What Should I Do? by tommyex(m): 1:21am On Mar 12, 2008
he he he he he he he he!
at least i made u laugh.
Tryin 2 be like you.
But at times its better 2 bury d hatchet!
Re: What Should I Do? by pahtahkee: 11:47am On Mar 12, 2008
People fabricate stories, members waste their time to reply them.

Na wa o! embarassed
Re: What Should I Do? by almondjoy(f): 1:02pm On Mar 12, 2008
pahtahkee:

People fabricate stories, members waste their time to reply them.

Na wa o! embarassed

We all know they are fabricated. . . . .it gives us a reason to "co-mingle" and see how different posters react and deal with issues. . . . so you know the ones to stay away from in real life----definitely! grin I have learne a lot from these fake stories believe it or not.

tommyex:

at least i made u laugh.
Tryin 2 be like you.
But at times its better 2 bury d hatchet!

and. . . . .you are always so coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!  I hear you! cheesy My hachet will be very rusty if I bury it.  I like to keep it at close range in case it has to be used. . . .sharp and ready always!  Like they say. . . . they come like "a thief in the night"! he he he he he he he! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Your Role Model / Is It Official Even Without Verbal Commitment / What Causes I Don't Love You Any More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.