Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari (20572 Views)

Respect Your Age, Northern Elders Forum Tells Adebanjo / Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari To Stop Blame Game On Boko Haram / Revolution Now: Northern Group Pulls Out, Says Action Sponsored By Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 03, 2020
The Northern Elders Forum on Wednesday asked the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), to resign.

According to the group, the President has failed in the two critical areas of security and economy and as such has ‘nothing new to offer’ Nigerians.

NEF Spokesman, Dr Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, stated this tonight on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme monitored by The PUNCH.

He said it is disappointing that after over five years of being in office, Buhari still hasn’t delivered on the promises he made to Nigerians when he was first elected in 2015.

Baba-Ahmed noted that Buhari had asked his predecessor, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, to resign in 2013 over growing insecurity in the country and so, it is not out of place to demand that he resigns over the same security challenge.

He said, “We will continue to ask that he (Buhari) resigns. He is a democratically elected president. We wish he is doing better but he is not. Ordinarily, under a democratic system, a leader is supposed to deliver, he is supposed to do two things – he is supposed to secure citizens and he is supposed to facilitate their economic welfare. He (Buhari) hasn’t done the first and he is not doing the second. So, explain to me on what basis President Buhari should continue to be our president?

“However, it is his right to continue to be the president even if Nigerians are unhappy and unsatisfied with what he is doing, that is his right but we will not keep quiet; we will continue to speak up that he has failed Nigerians, he is failing Nigerians and under a democratic setting, we have to raise our voices and say, ‘Mr President, you are just not good enough for this country’. That is just the simple truth.

“We have respected the President, we understand the difficulty he is facing and we understand how difficult it is to tell him to resign but we also have the democratic right to tell him, ‘Sorry sir, you cannot run this country, you have been given five, six years to do so and the situation is just getting worse and we believe that you have nothing new to offer and the only way is for you to resign’. We believe we are speaking for millions of Nigerians.”

Earlier, the northern elders said life has lost its value under the Buhari regime while condemning Saturday killing of at least 43 rice farmers by Boko Haram insurgents in Borno State.

https://punchng.com/insecurity-resign-now-northern-elders-tell-buhari/

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by yarimo(m): 12:24am On Dec 03, 2020
Mr Baba Hakeem all your points is noted

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by kenzysmith: 12:25am On Dec 03, 2020
Baba abeg touch buhari to listen to this guys 2023 too far. we don tire

227 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Legalcriminal: 12:26am On Dec 03, 2020
I doubt if Buhari don hear about the dead farmers cuz dem say na deaf he be

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 03, 2020
Time for Buhari to go we need someone fresh and new. Hope osinbajo can complete his term

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by JaneYave(f): 12:32am On Dec 03, 2020
When the ant that bites us on the neck reaches the bosom, their cry is the loudest.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Praxis758: 12:39am On Dec 03, 2020
This is blasphemous.

Anyone who comes up with this agitation should be seen as an enemy of the north.

Buhari has favoured the north with juicy appointments and concentrated key national projects. These has since brought a desired transformational effects on the region.

The key and juicy appointments being held by the northerners is a testament that all the reports of insecurity in the norther is to defame Buhari's government.

No one can convince me that the stable peace in Katsina is not a product of Buhari's indigenship of that state. Likewise, the utter decimation of Boko Haram in the NE is a witness that Buratai is an indigen of Borno state.

So, calling for Buhari's resignation should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians.

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by OfficialAwol(m): 12:53am On Dec 03, 2020
They called us wailers, guess who is wailing now?

The fools in the North instead of attacking Buhari chose rather to attack Davido.

Shebi North wanted power, they have power.

Let them continue to slaughter themselves.

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by OfficialAwol(m): 12:55am On Dec 03, 2020
Praxis758:
This is blasphemous.

Anyone who comes up with this agitation should be seen as an enemy of the north.

Buhari has favoured the north with juicy appointments and concentrated key national projects. These has since brought a desired transformational effects on the region.

The key and juicy appointments being held by the northerners is a testament that all the reports of insecurity in the norther is to defame Buhari's government.

No one can convince me that the stable peace in Katsina is not a product of Buhari's indigenship of that state. Likewise, the utter decimation of Boko Haram in the NE is a witness that Buratai is an indigen of Borno state.

So, calling for Buhari's resignation should be condemned by all well meaning Nigerians.

I condemn the call too.

Buhari is God sent grin grin grin

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by EMMY76: 1:03am On Dec 03, 2020
I watched the program I never knew the fulani north have such a very brilliant reasonable men like baba ahmed amongst them.

34 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 4:55am On Dec 03, 2020
Sometimes, I just sit on a chair, put my legs on a table and pretend I have the answer to the question on how on earth human beings with functional brains would vote for an entity like Buhari to be President. embarassed embarassed embarassed

157 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by DMerciful(m): 5:20am On Dec 03, 2020
Bubu's failure is extraordinary everyday like zeeworld

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Web2020: 5:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Praxis758:
This is blasphemous.

May God Almighty rule your life the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria. Say Amen loud

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Web2020: 5:41am On Dec 03, 2020
faceURfront:
Sometimes I just sit on a chair, put my legs on a table and pretend I have the answer to the question on how on earth human beings with functional brains would vote for an entity like Buhari to be President. embarassed embarassed embarassed
It is a misery. The likes of Tinubu, AMECHI, Saraki, Tabuwa will not go unpunished. They brought us here.

52 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:41am On Dec 03, 2020
Skynet45:

He said, “We will continue to ask that he (Buhari) resigns. He is a democratically elected president. We wish he is doing better but he is not.

https://punchng.com/insecurity-resign-now-northern-elders-tell-buhari/

, Helinues, simplyleo, come and see these Igbos oooooo grin grin grin grin grin

They are insulting your darling daddy grin grin grin

102 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2020
Lalasticlala come and see something

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Mayng01(m): 7:55am On Dec 03, 2020
Now you know

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by BlackfireX: 7:56am On Dec 03, 2020
We the youth are solidly behind our Darling president, the man of integrity.

From the North down to the south believes in him that was why we voted for him in 2015 and reaffirmed it in 2019...

As for this paid PDP, IpOb , Amotekun miscreants, go and look for something good to do.

Click 20 like for baba buhari

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by slivertongue: 8:14am On Dec 03, 2020
Academic exercise.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by uptimum123(m): 8:23am On Dec 03, 2020
Yeye elders

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Moferere: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2020
Everybody don dey feel the change

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Officialhorlah(m): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2020
If he resign I go turn to Z grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by NaijaFutbol: 8:44am On Dec 03, 2020
na today?

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 03, 2020
Web2020:
May God Almighty rule your life the way Buhari is ruling Nigeria. Say Amen loud

When will some of you ever get sarcasm?

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by XXLMANDIGO: 9:42am On Dec 03, 2020
What Zonebs like Helinues and Co have failed to do. Truly the South are their own problem. angry

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 03, 2020
DMerciful:
Bubu's failure is extraordinary everyday like zeeworld
What if Buhari never cared?
It's not just about being able.
It's also about being willing.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by slawormiir: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by Olawumi1032(f): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
hmmmm, the problem Is, he won't answer you. that's just the painful part of it.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by money121(m): 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Ok
Re: Insecurity: Resign Now - Northern Elders Forum Tells Buhari by MozB: 10:53am On Dec 03, 2020
Lets hear word abeg... This set of elders are probably the ones that have not benefitted anything from Buhari's government. If them don follow collect money for big ghana-must-go sacs, them for no even write this

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Taiwo Oluomo: I Am Suspecting Lawan, I Don't Think He Supports Restructuring / 23 Repentant Militants Graduate As Engineers, Given Automatic Employment (Pics) / Buhari Meets With Yakubu Gowon In Statehouse Today (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.