Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V (7223 Views)

APC And PDP Supporters Clash In Abule Egba, Lagos (photos) / Live Coverage Frm The Supreme Court Hearing On Appeals Of ACN/PDP Against Mimiko / Seven Injured In Ekiti ACN, PDP Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by rlcanon: 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
we should be comical with the truth.are we saying pdp is virually made of in responsible elements?decency demands that truth must be told all time.most of the defectee from pdp to mostly acn are the ones fanning the amber indiscipline into nigeria politics.politics is not a do or die affair.the same way acn shall use you and dump.shekena
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
Something is clear:

1. PDP warned CPC not to campaign in Jos ~they clashed

2. PDP says it's unsafe for ACN to campaign in akwa-ibom ~they clashed

There are two things are observed:

1. PDP fears opposition rallies will overwhelm theirs

2. Whenever PDP was to hold rally, no alarm of threat but there's eventually a disaster of either bomb explosion or police 'stampede', but there's a warning of 'no go' for oppositions and a clash.

Okay. This election will be bloody -from all indications!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by reindeer: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2011
drpanaba:

Something is clear:

1. PDP warned CPC not to campaign in Jos ~they clashed

2. PDP says it's unsafe for ACN to campaign in akwa-ibom ~they clashed

There are two things are observed:

1. PDP fears opposition rallies will overwhelm theirs

2. Whenever PDP was to hold rally, no alarm of threat but there's eventually a disaster of either bomb explosion or police 'stampede', but there's a warning of 'no go' for oppositions and a clash.

Okay. This election will be bloody -from all indications!

got that right!PDP is just plain evil angry
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by sleekman(m): 2:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
**singing** they spread sorrow tears & pain, their regular trademark. Everybody run, run, run, everybody scatter, scatter. Oloshi everywhere, Oloshi na PDP & GEJ na dém oga. Their trademarks na public fund embezzlement, rigging & mass murder.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Debroslink: 2:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
I'm a serving corp member in akwa-ibom, nd must confess dat Akpabio is a dictator in his state. No party is allowed to campaign in TV stations like AKBC. Why shd he prevent other parties 4rm campaigning in Ikot Ekpene If he has done a great job in office, his work will speak for him.

We say we want a free nd fair election, but we don't hv a free nd fair campaign.

I laugh in SPARTACUS!!!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by 9ijaMan: 2:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
rlcanon:

we should be comical with the truth.are we saying pdp is virually made of in responsible elements?decency demands that truth must be told all time.most of the defectee from pdp to mostly acn are the ones fanning the amber indiscipline into nigeria politics.politics is not a do or die affair.the same way acn shall use you and dump.shekena
Talking about being "comical" with the truth (you may actually need to look up the meaning if comical in a dictionary) yet you quoted in bold fonts above OBJ the grandfather of PDP. Very comical indeed! If you've nothing to say why not just keep quiet! How many clashes have we had between ACN and CPC or any other party. The clashes have always been between PDP and any other party. Talk of intolerance and witch-hunting of other parties.

I'm just kind of curious to know why all these panic moves by PDP!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Bukittes(f): 2:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
In no attempt to support PDP or violence, when GEJ came to Kano for his campaign, u need to see how the other parties too came out with their thugs and almajiris driving carelessly and dangerously on the roads on bikes and buses, trying to provoke and disrupt the PDP rally. If PDP had taken the bait too, there would have been another case of fracas in the city but they were able to assuage that. I think all Nigerians need is tolerance for one another. Its not a party thing but the fact that we don't have this gift of tolerance and love for our fellow men. Why should we be killing ourselves when somebody is sitting on our loot and is campaigning to win and sit on more loot! E gba mi!!!!! I think the other parties are just scared too of the ruling party cos they can as well have their own rally too the next day ke!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by nvo5(f): 2:58pm On Mar 23, 2011
If they had died for the liberation of Nigeria, posterity
will never forget them. the children of this politicians are
abroad leaving in luxury and some stupid Nigeria are killing
one another over peanut. I don't really no, how do we enlighten
this people, especially in the northern part of the country.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by mooyguy(m): 3:04pm On Mar 23, 2011
I Pity those Corpers that will be at the polling boots during the election period.

nvo5:

abroad leaving in luxury and some silly Nigeria are killing

Many are because of greediness killing and selling their future. keep on telling them thats the only thing you can do.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is just sick. Can these fools stop fighting and killing like THOUGHTLESS, STUP.ID IMBECILES?
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by babyme1(f): 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
Fortune High School in Uyo was burnt yesterday. The school is a boarding school with innocent kids. I learnt b4 the building was torched,the kids were evacuated and distributed amongst the villagers for safe keeps. Parents are retrieving their kids today. Terrible terrible
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2011
Nairaland and their political lies to score a cheap pont. Every hater of GEJ seems to suddenly wake up to have one connection with Akwa-Ibom.Someone says he/she is from Akwa-ibom,another says he/she is a copper in Akwa-Ibom.Still waiting for another lie we know the Dictator and ASIwaju Concensus of Nigeria(ACN) will tell us here.May be someone will tell us he/she is an in-law to the Governor. grin grin grin grin grin grin We know the Dictator and ACN trademarks,lies,lies and more lies!!!

As for the battle concerning the ACN and PDP,it tells those who always call PDP evil to take a look at the mirror and know,CPC,ACN and PDP are all evil.The ACN candidate Senator Akpan Udoehede was a member of PDP for almost 12 years before moving to ACN,he is been backed fully by the former Governor,Obong Victor Attah who ruled for 8 years and now in ACN.The same Victor Attah who is the Godfather of the ACN Candidate is 100% supporting GEJ for president but just need another party to revenge what he has gone through with the current governor.So if any member of ACN assume in his/her wildest imagination that Ribadu will get even 10% of the votes in Akwa-Ibom,that person must be permanently living in a dream world
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Dynamic69: 3:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
Too bad,our people are killing and maiming themselves when the children of the politicians are schooling in the best of schools abroad,THIS IS DEMONSTRATION OF CRAZE!!!Come to think of it,why would an area be a no go for an opposition party in a country where we have democracy?PDP really needs to be cautioned.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by EzeUche2(m): 3:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
Obasi forbid that ACN wins any office in Awka Ibom state. angry
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Clairette(f): 3:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Baby.me
I live in Uyo and i witnessed the crises live yesterday. It's not about GEJ, but Gov. Akpabio. He doesn't want other aspirant to campaign in his hometown and that is so not right. I witnessed the kind of chaos i've never seen yesterday,may God help Akwa Ibom and free us from Akpabio and his evil antics.

You sure prefer darkness. Akpabio has no evil antics. He's got the State at heart otherwise he wouldnt transformed d State within 3yrs. What else do u ask for
.Nt as i9f I'm supporting the uproar-however, what does anyone else(part from Akpabio) desire in Ikot Ekpene that was abandonned for over two decades?
Akpabio came in and in less than two yrs Ik. was transformed for better. Pls dont be biased, act n talk rightly.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by fxtopedia(m): 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
nvo5:

abroad leaving in luxury and some silly Nigeria are killing

Good post mate! May God liberate this nation from abject poverty! angry
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by chiozor: 4:10pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Clairate first you are not a female by a PDP agent
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by JUO(m): 4:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
sad
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by uyakachi(m): 4:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
N I G E R I A

GOD PLEASE HELP US,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by dady2011(m): 4:24pm On Mar 23, 2011
Everyone should be allowed to campagne anywhere is the country. The country does not belong to any one politcian. It looks PDP does not like competition and so desperate to rig their way through and also preventing oppositon from campaning in some part of the country. I am so dissapointed about PDP antics.

I think Nigerians should consider voting for Buhari instead. Buhari seems to be the only candidate that can deal with crime, kidnapping and corruption squarely in nigeria without fear or favour.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by sley4life(m): 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2011
2 bad.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by VIPICO(m): 4:46pm On Mar 23, 2011
'No other party should campaign in Annangland apart from pdp'. Balderdash! That's the silliest rubbish I've heard this year. How can Akpabio be so power hungry? Judgment day dey ooo!
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 23, 2011
The fight in akwa ibom is more than just election campaigns--- it boils down deeply to tribal politics, the annangs which ikot ekpene is traditionally their headquarters feel they have been schemed out of the power game for too long as the ibibios have practically been in charge of government---- then things changed in 2003 and one of their sons Akpabio became governor, they feel that he should be there for 2 tenures as Attah who is an Ibibio ruled for 8 years, that's why the hostility for any other aspirant campaigning in their domain, ACN made a great blunder by fielding an Ibibio man Udoedehe, they should have fielded Ime umanah who is an Annang son to battle it out with Akpabio--- As it is an Annang man would be the last person to vote against PDP.

And for all those thinking GEJ is gonna loose or have a stiff competition in Akwa-Ibom--- that's daydreaming, ACN might have block votes from the Ibibio speaking areas during the guber polls but for the presidency--- its 100% GEJ.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nsiman(m): 5:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
Exactly, but i blame sycophants
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Orikinla(m): 5:41pm On Mar 23, 2011
Thank God my children are not in this primitive and uncivilized country of barbarians.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by Nsiman(m): 5:44pm On Mar 23, 2011
Exactly, but i blame sycophants
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by ifyalways(f): 5:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
Clairette:

@Baby.me
I live in Uyo and i witnessed the crises live yesterday. It's not about GEJ, but Gov. Akpabio. He doesn't want other aspirant to campaign in his hometown and that is so not right. I witnessed the kind of chaos i've never seen yesterday,may God help Akwa Ibom and free us from Akpabio and his evil antics.

You sure prefer darkness. Akpabio has no evil antics. He's got the State at heart otherwise he wouldnt transformed d State within 3yrs. What else do u ask for
.Nt as i9f I'm supporting the uproar-however, what does anyone else(part from Akpabio) desire in Ikot Ekpene that was abandonned for over two decades?
Akpabio came in and in less than two yrs Ik. was transformed for better. Pls dont be biased, act n talk rightly.
Sorry,but If he really stopped anyone from campaigning in any part of the state then he is a bully. .
If he actually transformed the state as you claimed then why is he scared of competition?
Sad,5 souls just wasted their lives for some selfish politicians.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by ncpat(m): 7:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
let for me, stay at home or go to your place of work and live politician to themselves, if they did not see anybody to hang around them they will not be violence, ask yourself this question, is their children there? so as long as their children is not with them during campaign, you too have no business being their. just wait for the D day then you can go and cast your vote if you wish.
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by MeGaStReEt: 8:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
Me I go come chop belle full say na politicians I wan go fight for. God forbid
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by udohjaphet: 8:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
why can't the rulling party give a level playing field for all the candidate . 4rm what i head that ACN hard a campaign in UYO the PDP denighed entrance to the stadium and they force their self in by cutting the key now again the ACN went to campaign at Ikot ekpene and they were denighed entranced also b4 it leads to the killing. NOW THE BIG  QUESTION IS? AKPABIO (PDP) DEFITTED ABOUT 60 CANDIDATE IN 2007 ELECTION WITH NO BLOOD SHED, WHY IS IT THAT IN 2010 WE HAVE LESS THAN 7 CANDIDATE LOOKING FOR THE GOVERNORSHIP SEAT AND MEANWHILE HE HAS AN ADVANTAGE THAT HE IS THE PRESENT GOVERNOR SITTING BUT IT SOUND TO ME LIKE HE IS AFRAID OF THE OPPONENT WHEN I HERE THAT IT IS HIS SUPPORTERS THAT ARE STARTING THE PROBLEM. He should not be afraid because all what he has done can even campaign 4 him well I THANK GOD AM NOT A POLITICIAN .
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by hope2007(f): 9:37pm On Mar 23, 2011
I don't see what right  Godswill Akpabio has in stopping other parties from campaining in any part of the state they so desire. When he was vieing for the Governors office in 2007 did he not campaign  in Ibibio communities? Why is he now, becos he's in power stopping others from using state owned facilities to campaign. If he's so confident of the outcome of the election let him stop the bullying. He's had 4 years to convince the Akwa Ibomites on why he deserves to go for a 2nd term, let his stewardship speak for him. I live in PH and I love what Ameachi is doing. He deserves a 2nd term. If he wasn't going back for a 2nd term  Celestine Omeiha will have been the next best choice. These are men of vision. SO GODSWILL AKPABIO LET YOUR STEWARDSHIP SPEAK FOR YOU. THIS IS A FREE AND FAIR COUNTRY. LET PEACE REIGN IN AKWA IBOM STATE. 5 people dead. How many more will die before our political class call themselves to order. sad sad sad
Re: War In A’ibom • 5 Killed, Many Injured As Acn, Pdp Supporters Clash • Fuel Station, Houses, V by fzmorris: 10:10pm On Mar 23, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lack Of Funds Won’t Stop Ogoni Clean-up - Amina Mohammed / 4 Reasons Nigerians Cannot Afford To Have Atiku In Aso Rock By TonyeBarcanista / AAC Will Win 2019 Elections – Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.