Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume (19541 Views)

Ebonyi South Senatorial Bye-Election Shouldn’t Be Do Or Die - Chima Nkama / Katsina, Gombe Divided Over Tinubu, Osinbajo As Anyim Pledges Security, Jobs / Joe Igbokwe Responds After His Nnewi Family Disowns Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by ijustdey: 10:08am On Dec 04, 2020
Ekumankama Nkama has written to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on his decision to withdraw as the surety of Anyim Pius Anyim, former secretary to the government of the federation (SGF).

Nkama, commissioner of investment & Abuja liaison, Ebonyi state government, disclosed this in a letter dated November 30 and addressed to the anti-graft agency.

Anyim, former senate president, is under investigation by the EFCC for reportedly using firms in which he had interest to award contracts to the tune of N13 billion from the Ecological Fund Account domiciled in his office.

The commission is also investigating how Anyim spent the sum of N520 million he allegedly collected from the office of the national security adviser under Sambo Dasuki on the eve of the 2015 presidential election.

He was arrested in November 2017 and later granted bail, with Nkama standing as his surety.

But the commissioner said recent events have compelled him to withdraw as surety to Anyim, citing the case of Ali Ndume, senator representing Borno south, and Abdulrasheed Maina, former chairman of the Pension Reform Task Team (PRTT).

Maina is being prosecuted by the EFCC for alleged money laundering to the tune of N2 billion.

Ndume had agreed to stand as surety for Maina who is facing trial on 12 counts of alleged money laundering, a decision he would later regret.

One of the terms of the bail is for the senator to accompany the defendant to court on every date fixed for trial.

But Maina, who was released on July 28 after spending nine months in Kuje prison, went into hiding and refused to appear in court since his trial resumed on September 29.

In November, a federal high court in Abuja ordered that Ndume be remanded over the disappearance of Maina.

Maina was eventually arrested in Niger Republic on Monday and extradited to Nigeria.

Nkama said his decision to withdraw as surety for Anyim would avail him the peace of mind he needs to discharge his duties.

He also cited “recent events” in his state as reason for his decision.

David Umahi, governor of Ebonyi, and Anyim have been at loggerheads since Umahi defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Last Wednesday, Umahi sacked his political appointees from Ivo local government area of the state where Anyim hails from.

“I, Ekumankama, Joseph Nkama, commissioner of investment & Abuja liaison, Ebonyi state government, wish to formally withdraw as surety for his excellency, senator Anyim Pius Anyim,” Nkama wrote.

“You may recall, sir, that senator Anyim Pius Anyim was detained while under investigation and when granted bail conditions by commission, I availed myself as his surety knowing fully well the adverse effect his action and inaction could impose on my constitutional rights should he decide to act in a manner devoid of the expectations of him by the commission.

“Sir, I regret to inform you that recent events in the last two weeks in my state has given me food for thought and my conscience could no longer allow me to continue to stand as a surety for senator Pius Anyim.

“I have also considered the recent event involving Senator Ali Ndume and Mr Abdulrasheed Maina, former chairman of the defunct pension reform task team, I am most particularly convinced that my decision to withdraw as surety will best grant me the needed peace to function effectively in all responsibilities demanded of me.”

https://www.thecable.ng/ebonyi-commissioner-who-stands-as-anyims-surety-disowns-him-citing-maina-ndume-case

2 Likes

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Pierocash(m): 10:20am On Dec 04, 2020
Umahi at work.

In politics, don't divulge your secrets to a friend ,it can go sour between you both and that secret you divulged will be used to hunt you.

In southern Nigeria, no true political friends. Amaechi and wike, Akpabio and udom, Aregbesola and oyetola, Oshiomoleh and Obaseki. The list are endless

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by ERockson: 10:24am On Dec 04, 2020
Anyim oversaw Centinary lotary where I won some amount but never given. This man is one of the reasons I lost hope in Nigeria. One of the cabal that recked GEJ government.This corrupt pig should go to jail already if Buhari is serious about fighting corruption

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by bazzyblings: 10:32am On Dec 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by classicfrank4u(m): 10:32am On Dec 04, 2020
The man no one take chances, b4 anyim go do am watin maina do ndume grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by joinpreneur(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2020
We're going into 2021. Everyone should brace up in this country. Government no get citizen's time again. They're busy strategizing next election they believe fools to vote.

Meanwhile, Urgent! I Need An Active Twitter Account To Buy
If you have an active Twitter account for up for sale, please, WhatsApp me: 0-9-0-3-7-8-5-6-8-0-6

Kindly note that I said active Twitter account. Don't message me if you're a bot seller because I'll analyze and audit the account to see the strength before buying. Also, don't beep me if you're a scam because procedure I've put in place to checkmate that. You'll only be frustrated and waste your time if you're a scam and get tempted to beep me up.
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Officialhorlah(m): 10:33am On Dec 04, 2020
Lolgrin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Currentlygrown: 10:33am On Dec 04, 2020
This is my personal opinion and I’m not speaking with facts.
It is open knowledge that Nigeria’s Economic Financial Crimes Commision is the government’s lap dog. It’s perhaps one of the distinct agents of manipulation and frustration of the Federal Government.

The idea of cherrypicking who to investigate and prosecute is a Nigerian opposition government tradition.

Yes, this Senator in question may be guilty, but you begin to wonder, why exactly him? Is he the only corrupt senator. I would never support stealing, or corruption, but why one for all?

We’ve seen several cases that I don’t even need to mention here. Where were the EFCC then?

Then you realize and simply make a quick google search of “What party is Pius Anyim?”

In the article, it is said that .. But the commissioner said recent events have compelled him to withdraw as surety to Anyim, citing the case of Ali Ndume

We all know what these recent events are—or don’t we?

One thing is, when the government wants to come for their perceived enemy, God save you because they surely know a way to go around it.
Even your mother would sell you.

8 Likes

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Enudapan: 10:33am On Dec 04, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
Ebonyi being trending nowadays
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by medicinestone: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2020
Hahahahaha.. this is getting Interesting
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by singeronion: 10:34am On Dec 04, 2020
So we shld fry stone?
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by crossfm: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2020
Shameless politicians everywhere.

They are only United in looting,no integrity at all.

2 Likes

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by AMvanquish: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2020
What is went into hiding, Say he jumped bail. These journalist selectively choose nice words for these criminals, maybe because of brown envelope syndrome.
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by proceedtacos: 10:35am On Dec 04, 2020
Eyah
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by LandMann: 10:36am On Dec 04, 2020
Before you withdraw, please provide Ayim so he can be returned to prison till he provides another surety

3 Likes

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by BIGGESThead6: 10:38am On Dec 04, 2020
IGBO PEOPLE no TRUST themselves at all. grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Saao(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2020
So many others will replace him as surety.
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Nbote(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2020
Baba wants to secure his position in the govt but denouncing the governor's new enemy especially with the governor firing and relieving anyone linked to Anyim of their jobs in his govt
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by money121(m): 10:38am On Dec 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2020
Umahi is desperate

1 Like

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by EdCure: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2020
ERockson:
Anyim oversaw Centinary lotary where I won some amount but never given. This man is one of the reasons I lost hope in Nigeria. One of the cabal that recked GEJ government.This corrupt pig should go to jail already if Buhari is serious about fighting corruption
Indeed. This bail practice is a fraud. Most of them never get convicted after a protracted trial.

The only time these pigs get some semblance of punishment is the short time they spend in EFCC detention before they get bailed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by fasho01(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2020
Wahala dey
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Etinosa12345: 10:46am On Dec 04, 2020
See as Igbos dey fight dem selves... Yet they'll tell u that the South West and north is their problem

2 Likes

Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Nyanabo(m): 10:56am On Dec 04, 2020
Oin grin
owashi ! this is the handiwork of the decampee. Dave umahi has scored one over you senator pius let us see your legwork.
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by Lexusgs430: 11:02am On Dec 04, 2020
Wàhálà be like kèké...... grin
Re: Ekumankama Nkama Who Stands As Anyim’s Surety Disowns Him Citing Maina-Ndume by guy222: 11:19am On Dec 04, 2020
[quote author=Currentlygrown post=96719096]This is my personal opinion and I’m not speaking with facts.
It is open knowledge that Nigeria’s Economic Financial Crimes Commision is the government’s lap dog. It’s perhaps one of the distinct agents of manipulation and frustration of the Federal Government.

The idea of cherrypicking who to investigate and prosecute is a Nigerian opposition government tradition.

Yes, this Senator in question may be guilty, but you begin to wonder, why exactly him? Is he the only corrupt senator. I would never support stealing, or corruption, but why one for all?

We’ve seen several cases that I don’t even need to mention here. Where were the EFCC then?

Then you realize and simply make a quick google search of “What party is Pius Anyim?”

In the article, it is said that [b].. When you know your hands are not clean, never never ever fight someone that knows your secret, always select your fight else you might just be digging your own grave,

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Group Asks INEC, Army For Information On Buhari's Qualification / Peter Obi Donates Buses To Agulu Youths, N20m To 20 Agulu Villages / I’m Ready To Testify Against Ibori Over $15m Bribe - Former EFCC Boss, Ribadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.