Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" (29446 Views)

Tinubu Breaks Silence On Amotekun , Says Amotekun Not Threat To National Unity / Amotekun Not Unconstitutional, Falana Tackles Malami / Ibrahim Babangida Says Amotekun Not Viable, Advises South-west Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by lalasticlala(m): 7:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
AMOTEKUN has released a statement addressing the comment made by Amitolu Shittu, the Osun State commandant of Amotekun on indecent dressing and abuse of Yoruba Language.

Shittu had earlier said that Amotekun will not tolerate inde­cent dressing and bas­tardising of Yoruba lan­guage by the youths.

Read the statement below:

#UPDATE: AMOTEKUN Operations in Southwest Nigeria

Press Statement

This is to formally inform the general public that the Western Nigeria Security Network codenamed “AMOTEKUN” was not set up to address trivial issues outside the law establishing it.

The function and responsibility of AMOTEKUN Corps in the States of Southwest Nigeria has been properly codified and enshrined in the legal framework setting up the Security Outfit.

The security outfit is expected to work within the limit of the law and any violation of the fundamental human rights of citizens is frowned upon.

The creative expression, culture and language of people living in Southwest Nigeria are beyond the scope of the security functions of AMOTEKUN.

The outfit was setup as a complimentary structure to the Statutory Security Agencies to guarantee freedom of expression, protection of lives and property, and by extension, the prosperity of Southwest Nigeria.

Any abuse or violation of any citizen living within the Region by any member of the AMOTEKUN Corps will not be tolerated by the relevant authorities in the States. #Amotekun

https://twitter.com/Amotekun_WNSN/status/1334859678833123331

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Racoon(m): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2020
They should not derail the noble ideas that led to the formation of this regional security outfit.

142 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Sammy07: 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Truth! Amotekun shouldn't tolerate violence.
They're meant to protect our region against external forces.

and by the way, Yoruba language should be guilded, some ignorant people are writing Ponmo as Kpomo, Pele as Kpele, Patapata as kpatakpata, whereas two consonants don't meet in Yoruba language.

I think Yoruba language should be made a compulsory subject in Jamb (just like English) as a mode of admission into southwest university.

else, IFA religion should be a compulsory course just like GNS in the universities and polytechnics. Maybe IFA 101 grin

159 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by NaijaMutant(f): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2020
Na from clap e dey enter dance grin

Hisbah militants is that you grin grin grin

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by ngadaAwo: 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
God bless real Omoluabis that stood their ground

yeroba Muslims want to use style and bring Hisbah into yeroba land but the great sons of ododuwa stood their ground

God bless real Omoluabis
God bless yeroba land

thunder fire Tinubu's urchins especially the ones on Nairaland

125 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by NaijaMutant(f): 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2020
Racoon:
They should not derail the noble ideas that led to the formation of this regional security outfit.

They are also habouring other intentions which are gradually being exposed undecided

7 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by helinues: 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
Better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by helinues: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2020
NaijaMutant:

They are also habouring other intentions which are gradually being exposed undecided

As you can see we are one of the stake holders....

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Sammy07: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
[s]
ngadaAwo:

yeroba Muslims want to use style and bring Hisbah into yeroba land but the great sons of ododuwa stood their ground

God bless real Omoluabis
God bless yeroba land
[/s]

My daddy bears Muslim surname
my mummy is a Christian
I myself bears Christian name, I have a Muslim surname and I worship traditional religion.

what's my religion?
IRANU

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by helinues: 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2020
ngadaAwo:

God bless real Omoluabis
God bless yeroba land

thunder fire Tinubu's urchins especially the ones on Nairaland

We are looking for new NL cancellers as the current one has abandoned his job.. grin

7 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:39pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ogbeni Shittu, give yourself brain

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by NaijaMutant(f): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:

As you can see we are one of the stake holders....

Who's the we?

Nairaland Amotekun grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by iamyemiakins(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2020
Amotekun just dey fume like mess wey get high beans concentration

4 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by helinues: 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2020
NaijaMutant:

Who's the we?

Nairaland Amotekun grin grin grin

Hope you can read the press statement...

2 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Marine54(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sammy07:

my mummy is a Christian
I myself bears Christian name, I have a Muslim surname and I worship traditional religion.

what's my religion?
IRANU
Hell is your name ! JESUS is the only way .....

9 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by NaijaMutant(f): 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:

Hope you can read the press statement...

You're inconsequential in the scheme of things young man.

4 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by ngadaAwo: 7:44pm On Dec 04, 2020
helinues:

We are looking for new NL cancellers as the current one has abandoned his job.. grin
accumulate - gbegile grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Sammy07: 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
Marine54:
Hell is your name ! JESUS is the only way .....

Where is hell located?, which state?
have you been there before?
who and who lives there.
can you describe how it looks like?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Marine54(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
NaijaMutant:
Na from clap e dey enter dance grin

Hisbah militants is that you grin grin grin
Na common man go suffer in thier hand !
Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Marine54(m): 7:52pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Where is hell located?, which state?
have you been there before?
who and who lives there.
can you describe how it looks like?
Choose CHRISTIANITY and separate yourself from others. Pls let Righteousness89 continue from here ...

12 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by helinues: 7:53pm On Dec 04, 2020
NaijaMutant:

You're inconsequential in the scheme of things young man.

Achieves no dey lie.. Go and check our past and current predictions/opinions about issues...

Real Omoluwabi's stakeholders
Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by Sammy07: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
Marine54:
Choose CHRISTIANITY and separate yourself from others. Pls let Righteousness continue from here ...

Righteousness89, what do you have to say?
Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by ngadaAwo: 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2020
Sammy07:

my mummy is a Christian

what's my religion?
IRANU
oga you're a Yeroba Muslim but if don't ass lick Tinubu then you're a real Omoluabi

1 Like

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by johnmartus(m): 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
This nonsense should be discourage

10 Likes

Re: Indecent Dressing: "Amotekun Not Established To Address Trivial Issues" by IamWonderful: 7:57pm On Dec 04, 2020
NIGERIANS are indeed funny people especially the baby factory people, the same set of people with leaders that cannot secure their people, greedy, timid, coward leaders that are under Buhari's table begging for crumbs and still waiting for Buhari, the oppressor to give them the nod to establish security outfit are over the thread blabbering and venting their bitterness over people that are above them. bunch of myopic unscrupulous elements

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reuters: Baba Go-fast? Nigeria's Tinubu Stuns Wary Investors With Quick Reforms / Charles Soludo Verified On Facebook (Photo) / Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.