Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF (29450 Views)

Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many / El-Rufai Meets With Babachir David-Lawal, SGF In His Office At The Villa (photo) / Tinubu, Akande Shun APC NEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by gwales: 7:33am On Oct 18, 2015
SECRETARY to the Government of the Federation, SGF, Babachir David Lawal, yesterday, said the National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and Chief Bisi Akande made it possible for him to emerge as a member of President Muhammadu Buhari’s cabinet.

Speaking at a thanksgiving service in his honour, the SGF said the two leaders of the APC played a prominent in his emergence, saying it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party.

“My wife has not met Bisi Akande, she has not met Asiwaju, she has not met Buhari, yet we have been with him. But, it is fundamentally important for Nigerians to know that goodness is not restricted to tribe, religion or political party”, he said.

“My opinion is that if you have no investment in human beings and you just invest in yourself, like most politicians present in this church do, you will end up as nothing. If you look at just your community for friendship, or you look at your religion or in the same church with you for friendship, I doubt if you will go any where.

“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.

“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.
“But these friends know me, they know that I am not ambitious. I just want to eat today and tomorrow I will find my way. By the grace of God, I am today the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, something I did not look for, people say it is hard work and dedication. It is not true, it is just by the grace of God that the President will just pick you and say this is your position”.

“I never looked for it and I never expected it. I started getting hints to this job just about two to three days to it, and I thought it was a very big joke. Then I used to call it Timipre Silva project or Baba Akande project, when they mentioned that they heard story about it”.

“Last year, if I was told that I will have an occasion where one single governor will attend, I will not believe it, but here we are today, it is the grace of God that has put all of us where we are today. Governors should know that”.

Tinubu lauds appointment

In his speeach at the occasion, Tinubu described the SGF’s appointment as a step in the right direction, expressing optimism that he would bring his wealth of experience to bear in the office.
Tinubu extolled Lawal’s qualities, saying that while some of his contemporaries have succumbed to the temptation of illicit wealth and the abuses of power and privilege, he (Lawal) has remained faithful to the course of the nation.

Alluding to the fact that his appointment was a reward for hard work and selfless service, he said Lawal’s eye for detail and due process makes him the best man for the job.

Tinubu, represented at the event by Lagos State governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, said, “If you are looking for a man who is diligent in his work with a keen eye for details and correct process, there is none better than Babachir Lawal”.

“He knows this nation and understands its complexities, from the intricacies of our federal bureaucracy to the diversity of our social fabric to the, multiple dimensions of our political dynamics.
“He is a man well-tailored to fit his position in today’s Nigeria where we find ourselves in a situation not meant for the faint hearted. A situation that requires grit, guts and wisdom. These attributes, Lawal has in abundance”.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/tinubu-akande-made-my-appointment-possible-lawal-sgf/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by oluwadare26(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2015
Like Tinubu or hate him, he's the Jagaban of Nigeria politics. The only man not holding any public office presently yet represented at occasions by different governors, not gonna be surprise if our V.P join the list of your representatives. I bow my hat for you Sir, wanna reach your peak in politics and surpass by God grace.

I can't imagine how wailers are going to deal with this news..please, anyone have an idea?

191 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Folashadeh(f): 7:41am On Oct 18, 2015
Okay
Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by bigerboy200: 7:47am On Oct 18, 2015
Thot d wailers said " Jagaban(their nightmare) has been banned from seeing PMB" ..The wailers will collapse on reading this news ohh...

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by oluwafemi113(m): 7:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Good

All thanks to Baba God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by aare07(m): 7:54am On Oct 18, 2015
God made me.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by PassingShot(m): 7:55am On Oct 18, 2015
I still find it absurd that Amode, a governor continues to represent Tinubu, a party leader.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Tinubu commands huge respect within APC and that he also made Ambode the governor, BUT it sounds so weird that the Lagos state governor has to represent him at any occasion. The govnr should be above this kind of errands which make him appear like a puppet.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Meritbaba(m): 7:57am On Oct 18, 2015
So, who is telling me Tinubu was scammed by Buhari.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by gwales: 8:07am On Oct 18, 2015
Another rookie in the school of jagaban of Nigeria politics

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by yetunsbay(m): 8:10am On Oct 18, 2015
Comment preserved. YEAH preserved!
Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2015
Tinubu promoting his interest @ the expense of his followers. Who cares about all these bullcrap

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by IamPatriotic(m): 8:20am On Oct 18, 2015
Wailers can call the Jagadan names, but the people that matter know how important and near indispensable Asiwaju is.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by abu12: 8:21am On Oct 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Tinubu promoting his interest @ the expense of his followers. Who cares about all these bullcrap

[size=16pt]now u knw why south east failed 2 get post of SGF[/size]

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2015
PassingShot:
I still find it absurd that Amode, a governor continues to represent Tinubu, a party leader.

Don't get me wrong, I know that Tinubu commands huge respect within APC and that he also made Ambode the governor, BUT it sounds so weird that the Lagos state governor has to represent him at any occasion. The govnr should be above this kind of errands which make him appear like a puppet.

There is a HUGE difference between Fashola and Ambode. Fash is smart while Amb is a sluggish fellow(you can tell from his size). Ever since he emerged the flag-bearer of the APC in Lagos State, i have never for once have faith in him.

I dont see him performing as the Governor..

He doesnt look smart at all. He is over-weight. Tinubu can easily get him because of his unsmartness, unlike Fashola.

Once again, I dont see Ambode performingangry

23 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by alaoeri: 8:23am On Oct 18, 2015
Wailers underestimating Jagaban, most of his haters are from a section of the country simply because they don't have someone like him, anybody that know SLS should ask him the role Jagaban played for him to emerge as the emir of Kano.
Long live Jagaban.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by IAMTHEHERO: 8:24am On Oct 18, 2015
So Buhari truly belongs to somebody. I think God's major step in delivering Nigeria will start with Nigeria's deliverance from APC lies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by ZeezaRapture(m): 8:25am On Oct 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by MyMouth(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2015
Many of those appointees that bacanista and his group are happy about thinking tinubu has be disappointed by pmb are actually tinubus candidate! This is politics! Tinubu pretends to be against a particular candidate so that tandriods would support that candidate. Tinubu playing politics with tandriods since 1914!

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by IamPatriotic(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I thought Tinubu is finished , how can an irrelevant Tinubu have followers? yeye wailer like you.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by anigbajumo(m): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2015
Ah dust my hat nd throway salute for who deserve it..........The political strategist of the present decade,wen PMB looks back nd see jagaban "am still the president of Nigeria"....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:40am On Oct 18, 2015
“I am Secretary to the Government today, because those people that I mentioned were the very first to put the idea in the mind of the President. They were the ones that made it possible.
“Because if it has been left to northerners, it is doubtful if they will take a Christian man to make Secretary to the Government of the Federation”.
“But these friends know me, they know that I am not ambitious. I just want to eat today and tomorrow I will find my way. By the grace of God
Statements like the emboldened is a clear sign that the SGF isn't fit for the job. What was he trying to achieve by inserting religious sentiment? I'm highly disappointed in these APC people.

Tinubu, represented at the event by Lagos State governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode, said, “If you are looking for a man who is diligent in his work with a keen eye for details and correct process, there is none better than Babachir Lawal”.
I don't understand Ambode of a guy. He was supposed to be Governor of Lagos state and not Governor of Tinubu state. He should show respect for the office he occupies. I don't see why a Governor of a state will be representing an unelected official in events. Tinubu can as well send a party Chieftain or one of government's appointees to represent him.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by modath(f): 8:42am On Oct 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:

Babe, nor let me see you post tommorrow that Jagaban has been used & dumped oooo...

The narrative must never change, Jagban is bawse, now respect that!!!

happy sunday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Badgers14: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2015
Who no know.... The power of jagaban grin
jagaban get mouth ponto ponto grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by DIVINE78: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Tannoidos and wailers. How market?

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Mumu

Equivalent tu Tinubu boy boy
Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by Jaideyone(m): 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
I thought the wailers told us tinubu lost out completely? I thought they wanted us to believe tinubu was rendered powerless?

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by DIVINE78: 8:49am On Oct 18, 2015
Tanoids and wailers. Where are thou?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by mrlaw93(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Ok! we af hear

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by januzaj(m): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2015
Chukwudi44 after reading this.....he will commit 2 in 1 suicide.....otapiapia and rope

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by modath(f): 8:50am On Oct 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Statements like the emboldened is a clear sign that the SGF isn't fit for the job. What was he trying to achieve by inserting religious sentiment? I'm highly disappointed in these APC people.

You talk like you don't know how religion is a big factor in the north, why? ??

Yesterday you dodged the question on NOI abi

You know there is no way to "analyse" how it will be possible in this lifetime for the muslims in the north to vote a CHRISTIAN IGBO WOMAN

I have lived in NC for close to two decades, served in the far north & been to all the northern states, save 2 & have interacted with both sides, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

As for Orobo baby, i don't expect better, he doesn't come across as a bright person.... otherwise he'd know what not to do..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by omusiliyu(m): 8:51am On Oct 18, 2015
Yorubas dont trust Igbo.... That was why they sidelined Onu.

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu, Akande Made My Appointment Possible – Lawal, SGF by patimore: 8:52am On Oct 18, 2015
Jagaban

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Female Suicide Bombers Killed In Maiduguri This Morning (Graphic Photos) / President Jonathan At Oronto Douglas' Burial In Yenagoa,Bayelsa Today(photos) / Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.