Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? - Gaming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? (26079 Views)

FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer(pes),which Is Better? / Registration Code For Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 / Fifa Vs Pro Evolution Soccer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2009
tboy1:

This thru pass is annoyin most times. . . i was striking from the left and i made a thru pass to the striker close the post only for the ball to be passed back to the player running into the box . . . luckily my shot from iniesta was too hot for Reina  cool

you are right. it sucks like 95% of the time. it seems to only work for me in 2009 when there is a lot of space behind the back 4 and i have Messi runing from the flanks. I can make a through pass deep from midfield. but when u have someone marking the player u are passing to its very difficult
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Dauchman(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2009
Guys you have to remember that these are just demos, there would be major adjustments before the final release of both games.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2009
Its unfortunate PES hasnt improved much over the last 5 years.
Though it still remains superior to fifa, which despite its improvement, is still predominantly crap.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2009
yea PES need to improve in presentation. gameplay is still the best
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by omega25red(m): 7:08pm On Sep 23, 2009
i bought that fifa 2009 yesterday and so far i hate it cause the controls are hard
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 8:36pm On Sep 23, 2009
yea they are useless undecided
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by darznets(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2009
Hello,
Please can anybody help me with information on where i can buy original PES 2009 or FIFA 2009 for PC here in Lagos. I need the original, Plssssssss
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Fuup(m): 1:14pm On Oct 01, 2009
hahahha, @ you guys clowning Fifa 09
THe game play hard?YEs!
and thats what makes it a better game of football,you have to learn and earn your skills.
Have been going with Fifa for the past 3 years and i was at a friends place couple of months back,we started playing Pro on PS3 and i couldnt believe how easy and fast it was.
They keep running like am playing Need for Speed,i scored the average of 6 goal in each game!
and that was a competitive game!
FIFA M8S!
PRO was good back in the days not anymore!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 9:24pm On Oct 01, 2009
anyone who says fifa is "harder" to play than pes obviously doesnt know how to play pes but feels otherwise.
like many reviewers and the developers(konami) have said, pes takes YEARS to truly master. this is in sharp contrast to fifa, where the gameplay feels so "scripted" u can be a pro in a couple weeks.
comparing fifa's gameplay to pes' is like comparing "x's & o's" to chess. . . ridiculous!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 9:45am On Oct 02, 2009
i think he was right. PES is much easier to play. I have always played PES and i did try the demo of FIFA and the game play was very very HARD.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2009
PES gameplay is better than FIFA and its easier to score goals in FIFA than PES
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 10:28am On Oct 02, 2009
how. i score goals freely in PES but i just couldn't score a single goal in FIFA. i don't know maybe its because i ama FIFA rookie
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by moonraker(m): 2:52pm On Oct 02, 2009
Mr tboy

I was wondering how and why u missed raining insults

and accusations on the peeps that stated clearly, my earlier stated point.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 02, 2009
The gameplay of pes is much more dynamic than fifa. So of course, it takes a longer time to FULLY grasp.
The A.I in both games dont provide a good enough challenge so dont start saying crazy shit like "i average 6 goals" until u play against a human being who actually knows what he's doing. . . not ur kid sister.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by debosky(m): 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
Initially PES might have been better than FIFA, but since about 08 FIFA has seriously stepped up it's game.

FIFA 09 won so many awards it was incredible. . . FIFA 10 was released today and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Fuup(m): 11:34am On Oct 03, 2009
debosky:

Initially PES might have been better than FIFA, but since about 08 FIFA has seriously stepped up it's game.

FIFA 09 won so many awards it was incredible. . . FIFA 10 was released today and I can't wait to get my hands on it!!

For some reqason its going out cheap for now, most stores is selling for £25.
Tesco is doing the deal for a week but its sold out now,You can get it from Amazon and Games for the same price too
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2009
F u up:

For some reqason its going out cheap for now, most stores is selling for £25.
Tesco is doing the deal for a week but its sold out now,You can get it from Amazon and Games for the same price too
Got it from GAME at 39.99 and I'm very impressed with this game.

Pros:
> Its a lot harder to score- Its one of the changes you quickly notice, its a lot harder to dribble or pass a defender and also the keeper aint slackin so u have to practice moving pass defenders and scoring your goals.
> With the new 360 movement game feels really smooth, but when u try to throw the ball your movement is limited to just two angles (dont know why, im guessing this will be fixed once they release the first patch)
> No lags when playing online but got disconnected a couple of times so im not sure if this is from EA server or my opponent was disconnecting because he was losing

Cons:
> No improvement in the graphic area e.g Alex song look so much like adebayor
> Gameplay still not so good e.g Carragher outran Walcott

This is what i remember so far cool
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 10:54pm On Oct 05, 2009
ritchboy:

The gameplay of pes is much more dynamic than fifa. So of course, it takes a longer time to FULLY grasp.
The A.I in both games dont provide a good enough challenge so dont start saying crazy shit like "i average 6 goals" until u play against a human being who actually knows what he's doing. . . not your kid sister.

Stop arguing.
FIFA whups PES on PS3 platform. I dunno if there's any major difference on the PS2 platform.
I just got ma hands on FIFA10. Jesus Christ. . . . .It's like playing on the pitch.
The AI, movement, 360 degrees dribbling and the pound for pound ball jostling are top drawer.

There's no way in HELL PES 2010 can match this FIFA 10.
Once again, FIFA whups PES with a landslide victory.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by lalaboi(m): 1:32am On Oct 06, 2009
I have to admit! Fifa 10 killed it!. . .

Cant wait for PES tho. . . .there has been a lot of talk about it. . .
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 10:54am On Oct 06, 2009
from the demos i played i still prefer PES
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 11:49am On Oct 06, 2009
candylips:

from the demos i played i still prefer PES
Go get FIFA, change ur wireless controller to PES settings and play the game - Fifa is better for now
I really hope PES comes out with something better because if they dont i'll just stick to FIFA this year
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 12:29pm On Oct 06, 2009
tboy1:

Go get FIFA, change your wireless controller to PES settings and play the game - Fifa is better for now
I really hope PES comes out with something better because if they dont i'll just stick to FIFA this year

Finally, tboy1 has seen the LIGHT. grin grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
@tboy1

ok i will try that
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2009
Sauron,
hahahaha, u have this uncanny ability to make me laugh, are u a comedian?
I dont buy multiplatform games for my ps3. . . Only exclusives. In comes my 360. Unless ur saying theres a major difference btw the ps3 & 360 version of fifa(which pales in comparison to pes), i dont get u grin

from the little i've seen, fifa10 is a slightly improved version of fifa09, which was, more or less, crap grin
u'll get my final verdict in two weeks.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 06, 2009
~Sauron~:

Finally, tboy1 has seen the LIGHT. grin grin grin grin
Just for a while [size=5pt]i hope [/size]. . . grin grin grin
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2009
Saw this piece somewhere:

The biggest showdown of the new footie season is nearly upon us. Not the Premier League, but FIFA v Pro Evo.

Anyone who has ever pressed the "on" button on a video game console knows what I'm talking about.

You know how it goes. For years Pro Evo was the nuts, Fifa was the big money licensed game but paled in significance against its Japanese rival.

Then Konami got lazy.

Pro Evo slackened off, made some schoolboy errors and, bang, Fifa performed a nutmeg here and a stepover there and before you know it they were 2-0 up.

Getting a Pro Evo lover and a Fifa football devotee in the same room isn't dissimilar to getting a Rangers and Celtic fan together, or in some more severe cases, an Israeli cabinet member and a Hamas honcho.

They disagree on how a footie game should be played. And it's not a trivial thing because football games are big business.
Last year Fifa 09 sold ten million copies around the world.

To put some perspective on that, Coldplay, probably the biggest band in the world, have sold eight million copies of their last album.

Pro Evo notched up millions - it was a way behind but not bad going.

This is a big year for both . . . so SFTW took a good look at them ahead of their October release.

FIFA10

How do you improve on such a majestic experience as FIFA 09? It's a tough call.

EA has gone about as far as they can with licenses, graphics and commentary, so this year they are overhauling the controls.

Football games have always let you run in eight directions, up, down, left, right and the diagonals. Not this year.

EA have created a system where you can now run in 360 different directions.

Every possible angle has been mapped so you can make any run and play any ball.

It's disconcerting to start with but the more you play the more natural it becomes.

Very talented players will thrive, duffers will be punished.

Players also accelerate to their most effective speed and position themselves properly for headers and volleys to optimise shooting.

As long as EA maintain their adequate servers, the advantage is with them.

PES 2010

Pro Evo's biggest problem for the last four years has been their horrendous online problems.

Anyone who has tried to play a friend over the net since Thierry Henry graced the cover of Pro Evo 4 back in 2004 may as well have been using a Spectrum 48k. It has been terribly laggy.

But this year they have promised to assemble a dedicated team in Japan to look after making sure games run smoothly. And the best news is they are dumping Konami servers and handing over power to Sony & Microsoft. A wise choice.

Elsewhere, Pro Evo is looking tasty - graphics are amazing and almost photo-quality.

The pace has been slowed considerably, a good thing, to make the game more realistic.

New additions to the Master League mean a deeper, longer-lasting experience and new power gauges in game let you set out exactly your attacking and defensive stances.

Offline, it still plays a cracking game, arguably better than Fifa. But Konami's big challenge is online. It's simple, get it sorted and you can win back your crown.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by ritchboy(m): 10:52pm On Oct 06, 2009
arguably better than fifa? Pes is MILES ahead of fifa. The only snag was the online play which has been taken care of.
PES>>>>>>>>>FIFA
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by Sauron1: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2009
FROM A SELF-CONFESSED PRO-EVO FANATIC.

Both the Pro Evolution and FIFA series have new versions due for release in October: which one should get your Euro?
A little background: I have been an ISS/Pro Evo fan from day one, have owned around half the versions released to date and played all of them. And I’ve gotten rather good at it too. For me (and most people) ISS Pro Evolution 6 - the one with Adriano on the front - was about as close to the perfect football game as seemed humanly possible at the time.

Like many Pro Evolution fans, I have also been feeling for some time that this once all conquering title is on the decline. I found the most recent version (Pro Evolution Soccer 2009) emphasised defence too much and tended to favour formulaic play; a samey ‘move the defence from side to side until there is space, and then shoot’ approach.
Far too similar to basketball without the jumping up and down for my liking.
In my opinion, this trend has not been reversed by the upcoming Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, which previewed at Gamescon,

In fact, in the new version the attacking play seems harder than ever. Even if you do manage to get the ball into the box – no mean feat - you will more than likely be surrounded by up five or six defenders. Mickey Harte would be proud - every team defends with the intensity of Tyrone c.2003-2005. But it doesn’t make for good football.

Are there any lazy or incompetent defenders out there? Not really in Pro Evo land,
The lack of space - both teams compress themselves into their half of the pitch in defence - and the overlarge player sprites add up to a defensive snooze.
Seasoned Pro Evolution players will be disappointed to learn that the predictability issue the game has not been dealt with.
It is far too easy to know what will happen next.

I played against a German chap who had also clearly spent many years nurturing his ISS/Pro Evo skills and the net result was that neither of us could score over three five minute halves (I had to go, but I reckon I woulda had the beating of him if I’d stayed on).
Pretty much straight after trying Pro Evolution, I went onto FIFA and it was impossible to not feel instantly that it is the superior game.

It’s enjoyable, engaging and varied. A thrill instead of an over-congested borefest. In both attack and defence it feels fair but not too predictable and there is enough space for creativity. Passing is superior and, as in the real game you see on the TV, the midfield battle is the decisive area.
A further step in the right direction in FIFA 10 is that it does away with the idea of the player having ‘control’ of the ball at any stage - the ball is never ‘stuck’ to your player as such - making it much more realistic and exciting.
The 360 degree ball control - meaning your player can dribble in any direction rather than just go in eight - is another major change from the last version.

Tactically, it is streets ahead with holding midfielders genuinely contributing to running the game. Contrast that to Pro Evo, in which any backwards pass is ‘frowned upon’ and any pass from midfield to defence is almost guaranteed to be punished with an interception.
Maybe Pro Evolution ennui has set in for me and newcomers to the game will still find it enjoyable. . . . but my recommendation for anyone buying from the latest round of football games is to take a chance on FIFA.
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by candylips(m): 9:10am On Oct 07, 2009
wow a lot of votes for FIFA
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by No2Atheism(m): 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2009
FIFA 10 rocks . . .

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/pcBFpdYSO3Y&feature=player_profilepage#[/flash]

PES 2010 is still the same robotic nonsense . . . its like the ball is glued to the feet of the players . . .
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by tboy1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 07, 2009
FIFA10 . . . Anyone online?
Re: FIFA Vs Pro Evolution Soccer: Which Soccer Franchise Is Better? by No2Atheism(m): 9:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
tboy1 wat is ur gamertag

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Hack and Install Games On Your PS4 Console, for as Low as 1K each. / Dox Ose, Guinness World Record Attempt: Longest FIFA Live Stream Marathon / *************funny Gaming Pictures **************

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.