|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1,350,101 members, 2,015,462 topics. Date: Monday, 27 April 2015 at 10:09 AM
|Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by JomoGbomo2(m): 1:26pm On Mar 23, 2011|
Worth sharing i guess,
WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI? I wrote this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population. This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1983-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.
Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha. Please consider the following unassailable facts:
· He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
· There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
· in his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).
· JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
· Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP.
· Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.
· Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
· He could have retired into nauseating opulence like an IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ but didn't.
· Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values. People who know him have said of him, "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".
· He is the only politician in the North today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
· He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.
· He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .
· Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him! The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
· He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State !
· His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.
If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria ,now is the time to choose right. When you cast your vote for the BUHARI/BAKARE ticket, you would have cast one vote for two honest men.
Now that you know better, will you please educate another person BY FORWARDING THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN??
Source is Unknown.
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by Sunofgod(m): 1:35pm On Mar 23, 2011|
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by egift(m): 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2011|
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by egift(m): 4:52pm On Mar 23, 2011|
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by Beaf: 4:56pm On Mar 23, 2011|
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by egift(m): 5:23pm On Mar 23, 2011|
The difference is clear
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2011|
I was actually expecting you to debunk those points raised, in "your opinion" what do you say to that. You are far better than putting up such pix, at least i take you to be better.
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by egift(m): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2011|
Don't mind him. He never response to reasoning. But any picture he post here I promise him a smack-down.
Here is the definition on Jonathan's free and fair election. But it won't work
|Re: Who Is Afraid Of Buhari by TNUBU4LIFE: 4:04am On Mar 24, 2011|
DREAM ON,DREAM ON.
A MAN THAT BUILDS HIS POLITICAL PLAN ON ONLY THE NW,BUILT NO SERIOUS POLITICAL STRUCTURE IN THE WHOLE SOUTHERN NIGERIA WHILE HIS OPPONENT(GEJ/RIBADU) HAVE SUCCESSFULLY BUILT POLITICAL STRUCTURES ALL OVER NIGERIA AND PENETRATED BB'S STRONGHOLD OF NW IS EXPECTED TO WIN THIS ELECTION?
ENU OSE(na Durella say so)
VOTE A MORE SERIOUS AND MORE ENLIGHTENED PROGRESSIVE NUHU RIBADU FOR PRESIDENT AND STOP ALL THE CHILDISHNESS.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2015 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 235