Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,406 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone (12270 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Have Arrived Near The Russian-Ukrainian War Zone, As Promised / Soyinka Reacts To COVID-19 Lockdown: 'We Are Not In War Emergency' / Nigerian Soldiers Pushing Faulty Armoured Truck In War Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Yello1(m): 6:48am On Dec 08, 2020
Story for d unknown. We are in it togeda now sir
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Whoube99(f): 6:48am On Dec 08, 2020
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/News/Nigerians-at-war-in-war-zone-says-Soyinka

This old fool should go and die
Sorrowyinka lost my respect the day he team up with BAT to give Nigeria this disaster in Aso Rock.
Sorrowyinka has lost his voice unlike during GEJ's administration.
Sorrowyinka can't even traced his way again to millennium Park and Gani'square
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by EagleNest(m): 6:49am On Dec 08, 2020
It took Prof Soyinka such a long time to realise that Nigeria is on a path to disintegration if nothing is done. Well, good morning and welcome to the land of the happiest people on earth. Bewarned, for this government you don't call woman-in-power shepopotamus. What a nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Facidio: 6:50am On Dec 08, 2020
Enjoy the war Mr soyinka... You lost your professorship title the day you decided to support a dullard illiterate gworo chewing bastard to be a president of a highly intellectual country. You are not welcome in the wailers club. So pls continue being a progressive

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by adenigga(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2020
Whoube99:

This old fool should go and die
Sorrowyinka lost my respect the day he team up with BAT to give Nigeria this disaster in Aso Rock.
Sorrowyinka has lost his voice unlike during GEJ's administration.
Sorrowyinka can't even traced his way again to millennium Park and Gani'square

Ah!!!!!!!!

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by toye440: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2020
greymiles:
When the whole Igboland is telling you someone is not right... u suppose to agree
What a kid can not see on a tree, an elder will see while sitting
But this Yoruba people will never hear... they prefer to bow to Hausas than igbos
What have u been smoking lately, a yoruba man bow to an igbo man. Pls dont get me started abeg.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by kenic(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2020
Mumu talk grin
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by israelmao(m): 7:11am On Dec 08, 2020
Soyinka was one of those who gave support to Buhari in 2015
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by joefelin2345: 7:15am On Dec 08, 2020
ULOPVQ:
Soyinka has never failed to impress me with the way, he describes situations. The country needs a revolution or it dies a slow, and painful death. Maybe years from now, we may have no Nigeria to turn to.
Take a look at Ghana, that "Nigeria once prided itself over" holding elections like they were the ones who coined the term "Democracy" while we still practice "Democrazy" 60 years after independence.
Was he not part of the problems? Let him help solve the problems that he & others created for the country and stop lamenting.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Skmoda360(m): 7:17am On Dec 08, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Who told him religion is a business...
Always saying what u don't know....
Read what you typed again and answer yourself....
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Skmoda360(m): 7:19am On Dec 08, 2020
greymiles:
When the whole Igboland is telling you someone is not right... u suppose to agree
But this Yoruba people will never hear... they prefer to bow to Hausas than igbos
Did you just use the word "bow" ? Trash talk......

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by ULOPVQ: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2020
joefelin2345:
Was he not part of the problems? Let him help solve the problems that he & others created for the country and stop lamenting.

He made a mistake just like many others, they all thought a new leadership will save the nation but I think they have all realised their mistakes, and they have retraced their footsteps.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Grandmeister(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2020
captainamiedi1:

with GEJ performance, its logically reasonable that anybody will support Buhari. we thought he was the solution because he was so hype by the propaganda APC little do we know he is worse.
That’s the point. I was barely a foetus when Buhari ruled but that is why we have the internet to know history at the tip of our fingernails...if you don’t know about something research it! It is not really hard to get information in the 21st century.. I asked myself 3 things:
1. How did Buhari come to power? Through a coup which removed a democratically elected government forcefully!
2. How did his regime go? Naija entered recession for the first time. Bread and common groceries became prized goods
3. What has he done for the country post regime? None, nada, zilch! He didn’t write any books nor did he involve directly in nation building...he didn’t even deem it fit to improve his knowledge like his peers did(eg obasanjo)...

Tell me why any sane and knowledgeable person could get deceived after having these info on a candidate? Even if we believed Jonathan’s government was lacking in certain areas does that mean we should cut off our nose because we don’t like how it looked? How can you reward someone with an election after the person rubbished our young democracy and put us back decades into the hands of military recklessness and unaccountability? Imagine how much our democracy would have grown if Buhari didn’t destroy it in 83....education is meant to make people aware, enlightened and even wise but in Nigeria it only churns out robots who can only read and write and nothing else.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by imagrg(m): 7:46am On Dec 08, 2020
STOP BLAMING BUHARI, THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIA ARE NIGERIANS THEMSELVES. WE ARE ALL PART OF THE GOVERNMENT. WE NEED TO REFORM OUR MINDSET.

LOOK AT THE WAY NIGERIANS ARE REGARDED ALL OVER THE WORLD!
SEE HOW OUR SOUTH AFRICAN BROTHERS REGARD US!

THE PROBLEM IS NOT IN OUR STARS BUT IN OURSELVES!

UNTIL WE CHANGE OUR MINDSET ABOUT THE COUNTRY, NIGERIA WOULD REMAIN WHERE IT IS!

LET US REFORM THIS NEGATIVE MENTALITY ABOUT ASKING WHAT THE COUNTRY CAN DO FOR US AND DO POSITIVE THINGS FOR THE COUNTRY'S GROWTH. PROFESSORS AND TECHNOLOGISTS SHOULD BRING ABOUT NEW INNOVATIONS THAT CAN CHANGE THE COUNTRY POSITIVELY RATHER THAN ASK FOR PAY RISE TOO OFTEN.

THE NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE VERY CREATIVE AND RESOURCEFUL; LET THEM USE THEIR TALENTS TO BRING ABOUT GROWTH IN THE COUNTRY INSTEAD OF PROMOTING HATE. WE NEED PEACE MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE NOW. THIS WAY NIGERIA WOULD BE A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE IN.

THE MAJOR PROBLEM I THINK WE ARE FACING NOW IN NIGERIA IS TRIBALISM. LET'S SEE OURSELVES AS ONE UNITED ENTITY AND MOVE AHEAD.

THE WESTERN COUNTRIES WANT TO CASH-IN ON PROTESTS IN NIGERIA TO MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THEMSELVES VIA FALL IN OUR OIL PRODUCTION. WE MUST NOT ALLOW THIS.
mubzynani:
Nigeria isn't working. Buhari must resign. He's a failure
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 08, 2020
why can't Nigerians especially the south westerners endorse this man for president 2023, why tinubu ?? tufiakwa
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by cosmos1440: 8:25am On Dec 08, 2020
I voted against GEJ in 2015 and I will vote against him and his party over and over again.
What is wrong in asking GEJ to call his wife to order ? I know these GEJ psychophants will see nothing wrong in madam Pepe's overbearing attitude. Neither did they remember that Nigeria's heritage from PDP's 16 years of misrule are
1) Boko Haram
2) Militancy in the Niger Delta
3) Outrageous remuneration for politicians
4) Do or die and bloody elections
5) Religion/Ethnic politics
5) Gradual collapse of the economy.
6) As for electricity, how much did Obasanjo spend on power and who are the people that bought PHCN from Jonathan ?

After spoiling the country beyond redemption, you want someone else to fix it in a year.
Una no serious.

The list goes on and on but I will stop here for now, I ve got a job to do.

Meanwhile, e no go better for PDP and PDP supporters.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by cosmos1440: 8:39am On Dec 08, 2020
Grgton:
why can't Nigerians especially the south westerners endorse this man for president 2023, why tinubu ?? tufiakwa

So you want an 86 year old man that will be almost 90 years old in 2023 to be president, abi ?
By the way, who told you that Southwesterners have endorsed Tinubu for president ?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by OlaDavid2012: 8:51am On Dec 08, 2020
What a good assertion from the HONOURABLE himself.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by abalog: 9:30am On Dec 08, 2020
greymiles:
A case study of 1959 pre-independent alliance.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by ablejesus26(m): 9:35am On Dec 08, 2020
farem:

You are right. The whole Igboland can see far than others.
The only problem is that....

...they are ALWAYS blind to their own sad reality! BTW, they supported and are still dying for Atiku who is an Anglican from Arochukwu while the likes of Futa jalon descendants like Moghalu and Oby were insanely rejected in the whole Igboland because they always see nonsense.

They are talking about something sensitive you and dat scallywag dey do mumu yoruba vs igbo

shameless lazy minds

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by abalog: 9:44am On Dec 08, 2020
I'm waiting to see the best technocrat taking over presidency to perform magic with these system and constitution.
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2020
cosmos1440:

So you want an 86 year old man that will be almost 90 years old in 2023 to be president, abi ?
By the way, who told you that Southwesterners have endorsed Tinubu for president ?
still at his age, he has the capacity... how old is buhari? what is the difference?
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Barbilius: 10:16am On Dec 08, 2020
greymiles:
OH, so Yoruba should bow to igbo? Because you people are what??
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by farem: 10:20am On Dec 08, 2020
ablejesus26:

They are talking about something sensitive you and dat scallywag dey do mumu yoruba vs igbo

shameless lazy minds
It's undoubtedly clear that you have been hit badly. I didn't mean to crush your fake ego.

Let me repeat what you are and what you have been called repeatedly; an Idiöt!
I know what I responded to but the genetic blindness will not allow you to see that. You are too blind to acknowledge it.
Stay off my track

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by PDJT: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2020
-The only Professor that doesn’t value education. cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by MrGerald(m): 11:04am On Dec 08, 2020
farem:

You are right. The whole Igboland can see far than others.
The only problem is that....

...they are ALWAYS blind to their own sad reality! BTW, they supported and are still dying for Atiku who is an Anglican from Arochukwu while the likes of Futa jalon descendants like Moghalu and Oby were insanely rejected in the whole Igboland because they always see nonsense.

So what's the meaning of these pictures you uploaded here? like your dirty and rusty cities are better
Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Gerrard59(m): 11:05am On Dec 08, 2020
cosmos1440:
I voted against GEJ in 2015 and I will vote against him and his party over and over again.
What is wrong in asking GEJ to call his wife to order
? I know these GEJ psychophants will see nothing wrong in madam Pepe's overbearing attitude.

Have you done same against Buhari? You people are funny. Anyway, two more years left after which El-Rufai continues.

@Topic: Coming from someone who was 50 years old when Buhari first became a military president.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by misterniyi: 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
captainamiedi1:

with GEJ performance, its logically reasonable that anybody will support Buhari. we thought he was the solution because he was so hype by the propaganda APC little do we know he is worse.

Little?

The same problem that has been plaguing Nigeria for long was what struck you.

You forget too quickly.

The same Buhari that ran your economy aground in the 80s. You voted him in again. What did you expect?

More of the same thing of course. And it was not as if people did not speak out. People screamed to the high heavens. But your gullibility was of an epic proportion.
?
Now we are saying 2023. Like seriously. We all intend to wait till 2023. Then what? Vote another slowpoke in again....then what?

Or who is on the plate now for 2023. Who are you touting for 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Ugonna62: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Then i expect you and ur group of save nigerians hypocrits to hit the street and protest the inability of the govt.to prevent and stop the war,as you did during goodluck joanatan regimr,instead of coming here to writ0 rubish. ng

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by Obyino: 12:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
I always say this, Nigeria is a low-key war zone sad

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka: Nigerians At War, In War Zone by ablejesus26(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
farem:

It's undoubtedly clear that you have been hit badly. I didn't mean to crush your fake ego.

Let me repeat what you are and what you have been called repeatedly; an Idiöt!
I know what I responded to but the genetic blindness will not allow you to see that. You are too blind to acknowledge it.
Stay off my track

Words of a deranged mind your mental illness seems quite critically hopeless

you and dat useless animal you quoted are just a waste to the human existence a simple discuss he resolved to throwing tribal jabs and bcus you have been destined to be unfortunate and useless for eternity instead of you to direct your frustrated hate and bitterness to him you join him in his foolery as a hopeless fool wey you be

continue to look for who you will engage in cheap tribal bigotry upandan as nah your destiny be dat

stupid animal

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Major Pipeline Back On Track, Fuel Scarcity Ending – Minister / Joseph Nyumah Boaka Visits Osinbajo / Diezani In Trouble Again Over Withdrawal Of $1.3b From NNPC Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.