Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,955 members, 7,810,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? (27615 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by hector: 8:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by IamD18: 8:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that you'll marry there.

393 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

I will advise you marry first. Make sure you trust her and make sure you both would be sincere to each other before traveling, after sometimes you can proceed her visa.

If am were you!!

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by doggedfighter(f): 8:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
First thing first

For someone that's sceptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved.

Focus on your abroad, Mr grin

207 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by parkervero(m): 8:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that'll marry there.
Meaning this is what you will do or that you are doing (i.e cheating on your man) that traveled?

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
you have not gotten visa nor do you have a girlfriend you want to marry yet. We know ya type.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Harmored(m): 9:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
my uncle traveled to US at 32, almost married the year he traveled in Nigeria.... a year after he married an American at 33 now he has his green card.... no time cool

140 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by hector: 9:10pm On Dec 08, 2020
Harmored:
my uncle traveled to US at 32, almost married the year he traveled in Nigeria.... a year after he married an American at 33 now he has his green card.... no time cool

Wow

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by babakb: 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
parkervero:

Meaning this is what you will do or that you are doing (i.e cheating on your man) that traveled?

Who is this again, can't a lady express her opinion in peace again? Why all these hate for women here.

She gave the OP a candid advice and you are turning it against her, pull your skirt down Niggga.

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by incogni2o: 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
IamD18:

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that'll marry there.

Story

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Goodman247: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
I rec
Kekereekun123:
you have not gotten visa nor do you have a girlfriend you want to marry yet. We know ya type.
grin
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by YorubaMod(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Oga, better not tie ur future down with these nigerian women, a word is enough.

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Twizzy30(m): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
If you don’t want to use that money meant for traveling out for marriage expenses, better travel out now. Once you tie that knot, it will be harder to travel out.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Fidelismaria: 12:45am On Dec 09, 2020

don't ever marry, just get yourself a baby mama.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by gudia3933: 5:24am On Dec 09, 2020
my uncle traveled to US at 32, almost married the year he traveled in Nigeria.... a year after he married an American at 33 now he has his green card.... no time
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Cousin9999: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2020
That's a tough question. Is there someone you're in love with in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by sweetmelanin(f): 9:00am On Dec 09, 2020
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind to tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.

177 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by hector: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.

Oh...!! thank u so much. For this to come from a woman, I'm sure going to take this advice wholeheartedly.

60 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by hector: 1:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
Cousin9999:
That's a tough question. Is there someone you're in love with in Nigeria?

No.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by osamz007: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
THEM NO DEY TELL PERSON

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Seyzcham91(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Confirm!
IamD18:

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that you'll marry there.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Never!

Don't you ever get married. Never!

Marriage ain't worth it.

The cons far outweigh the pros. Trust me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by BHUHARiE: 2:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Just marry her if you are satisfied with her behavior and you trust her

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Legalcriminal: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Why is everyone fleeing??
Doctors, Teachers,engineers, others and you
Who will fix this shit of a country chaii !!

7 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by atobs4real(m): 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
WHEN YOU TRAVEL
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by slawormiir: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Tell her to take in na

I mean get her pregnant and do some introduction before you discharge atleast with that she will reduce are whoring

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Lexusgs430: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Just remain a bachelor........ cheesy
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by BruncleZuma: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ogbeni go abroad first ooo...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by HeadShot: 2:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
undecided

Marry overseas...
Nigeria is full of olosho and destiny Killers chanting sai barber...

Help your unborn children...

Do All you can to run away from a country ruled by Buhari and supported by Yoruba Muslims...

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Refund After Payment: Peace Mass Transit Loses In Court / 4 Dead As U.S Airplane Crashes In Virginia (Photos) / Police Truck Involved In Fatal Road Accident, Officer Dies In The Process.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.