Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? (27685 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tohsynetita1: 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
I read a thread of a woman that had a child for another married man here today on NL, all because her husband traveled abroad.
Think before carrying out your plans, not all women are hoe, there are still God fearing ones, if one thinks there's no God fearing ones, that will be the same thought those women will have towards men.
Pray about it and seek God's face.

Marriage itself is a School or let me say a course that we human being didn't always study very well and be complaining ''all ladies or men are Useless''

Then I don't advice marrying because of green card, am not disputing marrying outside Nigeria but not because of Visa.
But marry because of love, companionship,behavioural tolerance, e.t.c.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
We4all:

I told you, it's high blood pressure that will bring you down. I am here cruising in my Condo; while vacationing, and you're over there about to freeze your brains from extreme cold.

You're just too unrefined to be in the West. I wonder how you got your Visa if truly you're where they say you're.
i am working from home. I work for one of the biggest consulting firms in the world. No be everybody be your mate on nl. To show u how irrelevant u are. I did not remember commenting on your foolish previous post. Mr vacation
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
TRAVEL OUT FIRST!!!
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by joelison(m): 7:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Tohsynetita1:
I read a thread of a woman that had a child for another married man here today on NL, all because her husband traveled abroad.
Think before carrying out your plans, not all women are hoe, there are still God fearing ones, if one thinks there's no God fearing ones, that will be the same thought those women will have towards men.
Pray about it and seek God's face.

Marriage itself is a School or let me say a course that we human being didn't always study very well and be complaining ''all ladies or men are Useless''

Then I don't advice marrying because of green card, am not disputing marrying outside Nigeria but not because of Visa.
But marry because of love, companionship,behavioural tolerance, e.t.c.

What if avoiding poverty is the reason of travelling?
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by frozen70(f): 7:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..

If you already have a lady you want to marry here, go ahead and marry her, get her pregnant before leaving so that she will be busy with her pregnancy

You can't keep her here waiting whereas you know that you are not coming home so soon

But if you wish to go there and marry, be ready to marry and accept a woman that the laws protects over seas
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nuttella:
Marry here before you leave and take her with you, in turn you are helping someone's future and doing a humanitarian work, God could use you to change the life of a lady.

Worst advise
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by We4all: 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i am working from home. I work for one of the biggest consulting firms in the world. No be everybody be your mate on nl. To show u how irrelevant u are. I did not remember commenting on your foolish previous post. Mr vacation

Keep hyping yourself. Why should I give a damn about where you work? Try to nurture your brain to be at par with your so called "achievements"?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by speedchariot(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Travel!
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
Marriage no be achievement to much stress
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by LagBae(f): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
Except you find someone who has the same plans to travel out and is also working towards it. Better for you if you both like each other.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by sayisayi(m): 8:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
[ be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage. [/quote]

Not sure about happy...lol. They are aware of the pump and dump naija scheme.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Angy55(f): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
What a question!

Travel first to secure your future before you talk of marriage.

Marriage can wait, after all you are a man.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by tatax(m): 8:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dear brother, I will sincerely give my opinion on this. First, at 32 I believe you must have defined what you wanted for yourself so I earnestly believe that deep down, you know what you want to do.

People who are advising you to travel may be doing so innocently based on their own perspectives and what they may feel is right by their standards but I must say at 32, you should be making decisions like a man and be ready to dare the consequences.

My opinion to this is if you have a good lady already who met your standard of what a good lady should be; and you are financially stable, please dont hesitate to marry her now.. Marry the lady, build your home.. Most importantly communicate your goals or this vision you have about travelling out to the lady. For example; you can say "babe in 2 years I would want us or one of us to relocate"..You guys can run with same goal and plan on moving together... open an account together and call it 'abroad move funds', do your maths and start putting money in there.. My emphasis on a "nice lady" who has something to offer in marriage.

If you have a job here, focus on the job for the next two years max while she does same too if she has a job or you enrol her to get a skill which are marketable there.. She can learn another language or just any selling skills.

Few years from now with the right woman, you will be happy you made that decision.. Forget people who negates and try to talk down on marriage, it shows the level of moral decadence in the society today. Take this quote to the bank and I want you to believe it with all your heart.. the quote is "With the right partner, there is nothing you can't achieve in this world"... with the right support system.

Abroad is not easy, all the fantasies you read about it most of the times are wrong so I suggest you develop yourself here and have a plan before you move. Don't go and be looking for girls to marry so you can get a green card, most of the time it's a disaster.

Whatever we do in life, let's try not to waste our time. In the end, I still believe at 32, you know what's best for you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by alexola20(m): 8:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by At10tion: 9:16pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..
travel out and forget about marrying. When you get to wer you are going you'll find better women! If you marry at 35, you may still have grand children before 60 sef since it's abroad dey no dey delay for their!
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind to tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.

This is the best answer. Travel first and then marry. As long as you are going to an English-speaking country, you will find many Nigerians there. And you can also marry other nationalities. It's not by force to marry a Nigerian

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by rafcrown(m): 9:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Don't marry and leave your wife behind, they will help you service her beyond repair. MARRY ABROAD, If you don't want hbp.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Beolly(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that you'll marry there.

Shocking so a lady can actually write something like this. Incredible.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Obedinho130: 9:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright...
Tell her to take in na

I mean get her pregnant and do some introduction before you discharge atleast with that she will reduce are whoring
this guy self, everygal is a LovePeddler to yougrin
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
first of all do u already have a serious girl friend u already in a serious relationship with?
i am not taking about friend of benefit or a girl u just hang out with
if yes then i suggest u sit her down and talk about ur intention of traveling
if possible then u can get married to her then travel
but it depends on what u two agree on and how much u trust her
on the other hand if u have no serious girlfriend and u feel u must marry b4 u travel then bros u are on ur own oo cheesy
dat kine marriage the girl will just be nacking left and center and u will be wasting precious funds that u would use on urself and be sending to her cheesy
but if i was u or u were my close friend i would just advice u to travel and then u can marry a foreign girl but i am neither ur friend nor am i u cheesy
just do what u wish anyway cheesy
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind to tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.
haha are u really a female? grin
it would be very rare to see a nigerian lady giving this type of advice grin
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
pansophist:
Go abroad first, then decide to marry later. Its easier getting visa as a young man, also, you're mobile, independent and can rough things alone without considering another mouth to cater for.

Also, most of the guys that later became citizens here are guys that were single and their single status was the luck they need to get their documents through relationship with a native, so do not block that route. Many folks I know here also wished they were single, as they can just become citizens in few years when married to a native. Besides, if worse, you can always go back to nigeria and pick a wife, but don't block that option. Be mobile, and flexible, thats your superpower as a potential migrant.
not all who got their citizenship were single.some dumped their wives here and traveled overseas to marry a second time.but yes i would agree with u its easier traveling as a single dude
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by berrystunn(m): 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

If you don't have visa yet ...

Bro go and marry
You might wait for visa and get old
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by ojimma: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
The kind of hopeless I envisage on this topic is a matter of urgent national concern. Please and please, don't always believe on those advice of I must travel before I make it in life. Some people have stayed in the cities for some years without any achievement while some make it right in their villages. Travelling should be to add value to yourself not an escape route from poverty. It looks greener from a distance. Have you rethink why the politician always send their wards abroad for study and they return and marry here in Nigeria and settle as well. There is a lot of opportunities in this country but your eyes will open when your outside the shore. Marrying for green card for survival is just a temporal remedy because you will still face life squarely at old age when you realize that you don't have a family.
Marriage is not what you come out one day and find a rightful person. Have the courage to marry your wife at any stage you meet her you might miss it and regret eternally. Many have missed their life partners through procrastination and end up with wrong choice when they are ready. Be wise, and may the thought of your hearts be gentle upon you. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Happy2020: 12:11am On Dec 10, 2020
You’ll find a much better selection of women abroad. Nigerian women are trash and they don’t even know it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Captaincee(m): 12:17am On Dec 10, 2020
hector:

Oh...!! thank u so much. For this to come from a woman, I'm sure going to take this advice wholeheartedly.
my brother, one advice they have failed to tell you... You see those 'akatas' marry them at your own peril...
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Chris2863(m): 12:24am On Dec 10, 2020
parkervero:

Meaning this is what you will do or that you are doing (i.e cheating on your man) that traveled?
You sound very stupid with this

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Chris2863(m): 12:26am On Dec 10, 2020
Goodman247:
I rec grin
grin grin grin I swear. His type disturbs everybody, seeking for advice but end up not doing anything
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by calcal: 2:30am On Dec 10, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Must he marry to a black?
Only do not marry African, never, never.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by MadeMan01(m): 5:56am On Dec 10, 2020
tit:
You are 32 and you never marry.?
Papa!
Allah help you.

The options to pick from is pathetic
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by babakb: 7:23am On Dec 10, 2020
ojimma:
The kind of hopeless I envisage on this topic is a matter of urgent national concern. Please and please, don't always believe on those advice of I must travel before I make it in life. Some people have stayed in the cities for some years without any achievement while some make it right in their villages. Travelling should be to add value to yourself not an escape route from poverty. It looks greener from a distance. Have you rethink why the politician always send their wards abroad for study and they return and marry here in Nigeria and settle as well. There is a lot of opportunities in this country but your eyes will open when your outside the shore. Marrying for green card for survival is just a temporal remedy because you will still face life squarely at old age when you realize that you don't have a family.
Marriage is not what you come out one day and find a rightful person. Have the courage to marry your wife at any stage you meet her you might miss it and regret eternally. Many have missed their life partners through procrastination and end up with wrong choice when they are ready. Be wise, and may the thought of your hearts be gentle upon you. Shalom!

This is what you Patriots always say until some of your relatives travel abroad and you will start begging them to send you dollars.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Mcslize: 7:30am On Dec 10, 2020
hector

Don't marry here in Nigeria and leave your wife behind. There is high possibility of her cheating on you. Majority of ladies cheat these days especially for those operating long distance relationship.

If you must marry here in Nigeria, make sure you marry her and apply together as couple and travel out together. Your visa will be granted for two of you as husband and wife.

Don't make the mistake of leaving her behind for 1 to 2 yrs before coming to take her over. She will definitely cheat within that period.

Imagine you sending your wife money and sharing it with her Bleep Tom boy here in Nigeria. I believe you can't bear the thought of another man servicing your wife here in Nigeria while you are there abroad.

Marry and move with your wife. But if you feel like leaving her behind, it will just be better not to marry before traveling. Just go as a single guy and marry over there to your choice of woman.

The other option of you coming back to Nigeria to marry after you leave for abroad is another big mistake you should avoid because she can't go with you instantly after the marriage. You will marry her and still leave her behind due to the duration of time her spousal visa application will take to be granted. This means, even if you return back to Nigeria to marry after moving abroad, your wife can't go with you instantly. She must first stay behind for her own visa to be granted. During that period, she might still cheat on you due to the distance between two of you.

But if you don't mind your wife cheating on you when abroad, you can first marry and leave her behind then come back to take her over after her visa application has been granted.

I am in the same dilemma just like you. But I have told myself, if I can't see a good girl to marry between now and when I will move so as to apply together with her as couples, then it will just be better for me to go alone as a single guy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Evacuation Of Trailers And Trucks Off Lagos Roads And Bridges In Pictures / Ojuelegba Tragedy: Unlatched Containers Must Leave Our Roads / White Man's Tweet About Nigeria's Aviation Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.