Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,410 members, 7,822,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! (4134 Views)

In The West Respect For Truth No Longer Exists — Paul Craig Roberts / Nigerian Politicians Urge Government To Withdraw Recognition Of Libyan Rebels / How do you think the current Libyan crisis will end? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by babalawo(m): 8:20am On Mar 25, 2011
texazzpete:

You ARE a 5 year old dolt. There are no foreign troops on ground in Libya.
The United Nations dropped the ball in Rwanda. In Sierra Leone and Liberia the UN provided material support to ECOMOG/Nigeria.

In Ivory Coast, the UN has thrown its full support for any millitary action by ECOMOG to oust Gbagbo.

The UN mission in Libya is supported by a substantive UN resolution. If the African Union and Arab League had the capability and the willigness (the testicles, if you will) to protect the Libyan people from their mad dictator, US and NATO planes would not be flying over Libya.

Instead of whining here, go and ask GEJ why his ECOMOG has been dilly-dallying over Ivory Coast.

iting

or better :explain how Gaddaffi has stopped the west from gaining from libyan oil all these years.?so becos they are bombing libya it means the oil is free?
Nigerians love to think sideways!!!!
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Bawss1(m): 10:13am On Mar 25, 2011
babalawo:

iting

or better :explain how Gaddaffi has stopped the west from gaining from libyan oil all these years.?so becos they are bombing libya it means the oil is free?
Nigerians love to think sideways!!!!

Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Busols757: 11:35am On Mar 25, 2011
I wish you could kill them all and come back alone.
that will make you the greatest muther phucker on earth
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by buJu234: 12:33pm On Mar 25, 2011
I am not a supporter of Gaddafi`s action but I am against the western-dominated UN.

WHY DIDNT THEY IMPOSED A NO-FLY ZONE OVER ISRAEL & GAZA; hypocrites, UN

with this i believe other dictators will start to build their own strong defense system that can shoot down any aircraft that wants to fly across
their airspace all in the name of UN-no fly-zone or NATO.

Gaddaffi shouldn't have destroyed his weapon of mass destruction (biological weapon) because assuming he still had them; no country no even the US;
will have try bombing his country.

why didnt they place a no-fly zone in North-Korea and Iran; next morning u will wake-up and hear of the first nuclear war.

They tricked Gaddaffi; waiting for a moment like this to pull him down,

WICKED WESTERN NATIONS,
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by myk2mic: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2011
buJu-234:

I am not a supporter of Gaddafi`s action but I am against the western-dominated UN.

with this i believe other dictators will start to build their own strong defense system that can shoot down any aircraft that wants to fly across

Gaddaffi shouldn't have destroyed his weapon of mass destruction (biological weapon) because assuming he still had them; no country no even the US;

why didnt they place a no-fly zone in North-Korea and Iran; next morning u will wake-up and hear of the first nuclear war.

WICKED WESTERN NATIONS,
bros , the fact that pple are posting their tots does not mean that u shld do like wise, wat the hell are u ranting about.is the isreali govt at war wit its pple abi north korea.was the no fly zone imposed on libya before or after he turned his guns on his pple.guy get ur facts right before u start spewing trash abt the place. one more thing search for situations where no fly zones have been imposed and u wld see the similarities with the situation in libya.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by emmatok(m): 2:21pm On Mar 25, 2011
buJu-234:

WICKED WESTERN NATIONS,

DO you thing it is easy to deploy those weapon against the WEST?
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by phantom23: 2:44pm On Mar 25, 2011
It would have made more sense if the west had not taken the center stage.
Why didn't they allow AU and Arab league to judge and oversee this matter, and if need be, use the help of the western powers' at least with harriers, c70, X5, End of discussions,typhoons and all their weapon of mass destruction?
The position right now is, if Ghaddafi is out, even Arab league and AU have no say in that country as much as the west do. That is what the Libyans have failed to see. They will come to a point, someday, like you and I, Nigerians, and realize it was their greatest waterloo allowing the west to plunder them.
It would be too late. They serve them their own food on wooden plates, while they eat the best of the land. Their Military is completely disabled, so even the new government will have to suck up to them.
You know the rest of the story.
We will give you our (old) rockets and planes, you give us your oil. An offer any sensible govt cannot refuse.
Slavery!
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by phantom23: 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Babalawo,
the fact that you practice babalawo doesn't mean you can't use common sense. please do not allow us make a no fly zone resolution over your trade,
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by okooyinbo(m): 3:25pm On Mar 25, 2011
phantom23:

@Babalawo,
the fact that you practice babalawo doesn't mean you can't use common sense. please do not allow us make a no fly zone resolution over your trade,

Try it if you can!
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by okooyinbo(m): 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2011
phantom23:

It would have made more sense if the west had not taken the center stage.
Why didn't they allow AU and Arab league to judge and oversee this matter, and if need be, use the help of the western powers' at least with harriers, c70, X5, End of discussions,typhoons and all their weapon of mass destruction?
The position right now is, if Ghaddafi is out, even Arab league and AU have no say in that country as much as the west do. That is what the Libyans have failed to see. They will come to a point, someday, like you and I, Nigerians, and realize it was their greatest waterloo allowing the west to plunder them.
It would be too late. They serve them their own food on wooden plates, while they eat the best of the land. Their Military is completely disabled, so even the new government will have to suck up to them.
You know the rest of the story.
We will give you our (old) rockets and planes, you give us your oil. An offer any sensible govt cannot refuse.
Slavery!

Dear,

dont deceive yourself! The AU has never had a say in any (African) Arab country. The Arabs dont even think they are Africans. Africans should be enlightened about the mentality of an average Arab regarding Africans. Arabs are no better humans as regard Human Rights. They are even more racial than the Oyinbos. Hence, stop giving yourself headache because of the Arabs that dont really think you and them are the same.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by phantom23: 4:58pm On Mar 25, 2011
@okooyinbo
My Point exactly. Why did AU vote?
Since they don't have a say in Arab world, neither are they going to gain a penny from all of these.
I watched David cameron look to the cameras and say this is for the interest of the civilians in Libyan and 'for the interest of the UK'.
How then my brother/sister is this in our interest?
Well, there's an uprising in SYria as well, and another 'madman' has opened fire on protesters, Can someone beg Cameron and Sarkozy to send the jets there too.
(there's nothing of interest there by the way) so lets watch how the masters compare operation 'wipe out ghaddafi the madman to the unfortunate 'incidents in syria, bahrain etc,

The world is watching.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
Can anyone explain why no flyzone in bharain, yemen inspite of the crisis there? Talk of double standard! Oil and more oil like oliver twist.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by myk2mic: 5:35pm On Mar 25, 2011
Timehin:

Can anyone explain why no flyzone in bharain, yemen inspite of the crisis there? Talk of double standard! Oil and more oil like oliver twist.

it's going to be quiet difficult to impose a no flight zone in bahrain especially as america has bahrain as its ally, as for yemen, there is nothin the can do in that country but to watch becos the dont even have a good rapport with the current president and the faction fightin the president are tendin towards al-queda , so there is nothin the can do both to watch. pple seem to forget that part of the reason y the no fly sanction sailed thru is becos it had the backing of the arab league. so the is nothin america /un /eu/nato can do in the arab world witout the vote of the arab league.they dont want to make more enemies as things stand.thats y america is to eager to pull out of the libyian crisis as quickly as possible.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by mamagee3(f): 8:06pm On Mar 26, 2011
Guys, l think I know the problem with Gaddafi. . .He's an uneducated, stubborn lunatic that can't listen to the advice of the wise and his people until he joins his friend Saddam Hussein in hell.

I think he wants to destroy the country before he's finally put out for good but don't worry the american NATO and Navy Airforce would do just that.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by mamagee3(f): 11:12pm On Mar 26, 2011
Busols757:

I wish you could kill them all and come back alone.
that will make you the greatest muther phucker on earth
Calm down!

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by kellybaba(m): 11:34am On Mar 29, 2011
Concept:

The end might have come for Gaddafi but he is a man who knows what he wants. If we have a leader like him; I beg not in the aspect of clinging to power at all cost oh. I mean leader that has relief programme for his people and make the country attractive for outsiders e.g Nigerians to seek to live. Imagine we have one, I believe we will chorus in consensus put 'jara' third term. The alliance is prejudicial, genocide had happened in many African countries but you will never see westerners coming.

It is just a pity, payback time for Gaddafi, reason being that, he is not white's man puppet and he has also committed attrocities against them, remember? Lockerbie plane bombing, and the main reason for the intervention is Oil . The Black Gold itself, our own country's situation in the hands of Black Gold is the least expected, the world powers know its influence on world economy therefore they do not play with it.

Do not blame me but I think this write up is to bid Mr. Gaddafi and his sons farewell. The west that stands as mediator are also a supporter of the rebels. My own interpretation of No fly zone is that no plane should fly over Libya and from the update that has been perfectly effected. The allied now shifted to bombing of the ground forces, meaning what, the rebels will be able to advance. In short Gaddafi is already counting his days.

I have a question. Assumming that during Nigeria Civil war, The allied supported Biafran and started dropping bombs on Lagos and other Nigeria sided states. How will you feel? What will be your reaction?

I think in enforcing a no-fly zone and in view of the military capacity of your enemy,you need to cripple their capacity to take your own enforcing-planes off the skies and thaz what i think led to hitting the ground military assets of libya.call it allied defence strategy
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by member67023: 11:58am On Mar 29, 2011
THE GOOD, THE BAD and THE UGLY GHADAFFI

[b]Gadhafi is a nationalis[/b]t: Gadhafi has conducted an independent foreign policy and, of course, also independent internal policies. I am not able to understand the position of Western countries, which appear to resent independent-minded leaders and seem to prefer puppets. Puppets are not good for any country. Most of the countries that have transitioned from Third World to First World status since 1945 have had independent-minded leaders: South Korea (Park Chung-hee), Singapore (Lee Kuan Yew), China People's Republic (Mao Tse Tung, Chou Enlai, Deng Xiaoping, Marshal Yang Shangkun, Li Peng, Jiang Zemin, Hu Jintao), Malaysia (Dr. Mahthir Mohamad), Brazil (Luis Inacio Lula da Silva), Iran (the Ayatollahs Khomeini and Khamenei), etc. Between World War I and World War II, the Soviet Union transitioned into an industrial country, propelled by the dictatorial but independent-minded Joseph Stalin. In Africa, we have also benefited from a number of independent-minded leaders: Colonel Nasser of Egypt, Mwalimu Nyerere of Tanzania, Samora Machel of Mozambique, and others. That is how southern Africa was liberated. That is how we got rid of Idi Amin. The stopping of genocide in Rwanda and the overthrow of Mobutu Sese-Seko in the Democratic Republic of the Congo were as a result of efforts of independent-minded African leaders.
Gadhafi, whatever his faults, is a true nationalist. I prefer nationalists to puppets of foreign interests. Where have the puppets caused the transformation of countries? I need some assistance with information on this from those who are familiar with puppetry.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by member67023: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2011
He raised the price of oil: Before Gadhafi came to power in 1969, a barrel of oil was 40 American cents. He launched a campaign to withhold Arab oil unless the West paid more for it. I think the price went up to $20 per barrel. When the Arab-Israel war of 1973 broke out, the barrel of oil went up to $40. I am, therefore, surprised to hear that many oil producers in the world, including the Gulf countries, do not appreciate the historical role played by Gadhafi on this issue. The huge wealth many of these oil producers are enjoying was, at least in part, due to Gadhafi's efforts. The Western countries have continued to develop in spite of paying more for oil. It therefore means that the pre-Gadhafi oil situation was characterized by super exploitation of oil producing countries by the Western countries.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by member67023: 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2011
Gadhafi built Libya: I have never taken the time to investigate socio-economic conditions within Libya. From the TV pictures, I could see good roads, you can even see the rebels zooming up and down in pick-up trucks on very good roads accompanied by Western journalists. Who built these good roads? Who built the oil refineries in Brega and those other places where the fighting has been taking place recently? Were these facilities built during the time of the king and his American and British allies, or were they built by Gadhafi?
In Tunisia and Egypt, some youths immolated themselves because they failed to get jobs. Are the Libyans without jobs also? If so, why are there hundreds of thousands of foreign workers? Is Libya's policy of providing so many jobs to Third World workers bad? Are all the children going to school in Libya? Was that the case in the past - before Gadhafi? Is the conflict in Libya economic or purely political? Possibly Libya could have transitioned more if they encouraged the private sector further. However, this is something the Libyans are better placed to judge. As it is, Libya is a middle income country with a GDP of $62 billion.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by member67023: 12:09pm On Mar 29, 2011
He's quite moderate: Gadhafi is one of the few secular leaders in the Arab world. He does not believe in Islamic fundamentalism, which is why Libyan women have been able to go to school, to join the army, and so forth. This is a positive point on Gadhafi's side.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by member67023: 12:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Some important issues:
First,
we must distinguish between demonstrations and insurrections. Peaceful demonstrations should not be fired upon with live bullets. Of course, even peaceful demonstrations should coordinate with the police to ensure that they do not interfere with the rights of other citizens. However, when rioters are attacking police stations and army barracks with the aim of taking power, then they are no longer demonstrators; they are insurrectionists. They will have to be treated as such. A responsible government would have to use reasonable force to neutralize them. Of course, the ideal responsible government should also be one that is elected by the people at periodic intervals. If there is a doubt about the legitimacy of a government, and the people decide to launch an insurrection, that should be the decision of the internal forces. It should not be for external forces to arrogate themselves that role; often, they do not have enough knowledge to decide rightly.
Excessive external involvement always brings terrible distortions. Why should external forces involve themselves? That is a vote of no confidence in the people themselves. A legitimate internal insurrection, if that is the strategy chosen by the leaders of that effort, can succeed. The Shah of Iran was defeated by an internal insurrection; the Russian Revolution in 1917 was an internal insurrection; the Revolution in Zanzibar in 1964 was an internal insurrection; the changes in Ukraine, Georgia, and so forth - all were internal insurrections. It should be for the leaders of the resistance in a given country to decide their strategy, not for foreigners to sponsor insurrection groups in sovereign countries.
I am totally allergic to foreign, political, and military involvement in sovereign countries, especially the African countries. If foreign intervention is good, then, African countries should be the most prosperous countries in the world, because we have had the greatest dosages of that: the slave trade, colonialism, neo-colonialism, imperialism, etc. But all those foreign-imposed phenomena have been disastrous. It is only recently that Africa is beginning to come up, partly because we are rejecting external meddling. External meddling and the acquiescence by Africans into that meddling have been responsible for the stagnation on our continent. The wrong definition of priorities in many African countries is, in many cases, imposed by external groups. Failure to prioritize infrastructure, for instance, especially energy, is, in part, due to some of these pressures. Instead, consumption is promoted. External interests linked up, for instance, with bogus internal groups to oppose energy projects for false reasons. How will an economy develop without energy? Quislings and their external backers do not care about all this.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Remii(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
With so much resistance the rebels are having, even with enormous air raids, obviously the world powers are about to overthrow a legitimate government for few disgruntle elements, so Nigeria should watch out. They can as well overthrow FGN for MEND.
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2011
[size=13pt]And again.  . . . .ADAM starring \m/ Keep fighting for Libya \m/[/size]  grin grin wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUan47eh4gI
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by cdoffx(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2011
For me i'll say its good for Ghadaffi at least he could've left power instead of turning guns to his own people and also a farewell kudos for the good things he did for them earlier. As for the allied full invasion we all know the key reason for that so if i've my way i'll advice the AU to step in somehow so a brother nation will not be exploited maximally in the name of help(modern way of exploiting after the slave trade days).
Re: Libyan Airforce ''No Longer Exists'' - Allied Commander! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2011
[size=13pt]cdoffx dear what are you saying? [/size]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine Attacks Russian Capital Moscow With Drone Strikes / Former Chief Justice Pius Langa Is Dead! / Top 10 Most Dangerous Special-forces Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.