Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners (4671 Views)

We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan / RCCG Did Not Endorse Osinbajo As Buhari’s Running Mate – Pastor Adeboye / 2015 Elections: North May Not Endorse Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by LagosBoy1: 2:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
We do not endorse Jonathan –Okada owners

Thursday, 24 March 2011 00:00 Auwalu Umar, Kano

Commercial motorcycle owners popularly known as Okada riders under the aegis of Amalgamated Commercial Motorcycle Owners and Riders Association of Nigeria (ACOMORAN) have dissociated themselves from the endorsement of President Goodluck Jonathan for the April presidential election by a splinter group of the association.
The Okada riders, who spoke in Kano yesterday through their national president Alhaji Muhammadu Sani Hassan, said nobody was endorsed by the association as every member of the association has the right to vote for any candidate of his choice. “We only advise members to vote for credible and God-fearing people from councillorship to the office of the President”, he said.

They also said President Jonathan has been “deceived and misinformed by one dubious group” that claimed to be leaders of the association; saying the culprits will be brought to book accordingly.

He said his leadership was officially confered on him on August 2, 2009 by the National Board of Trustees as contained in the ACOMORAN‘s constitution articles 17, 18, 22 and 23 respectively. Later on August 9, 2009, according to him, one Chief Alfred W. Opara created a faction for his personal interest which brought a duplication of leadership.

This, he said, informed the resolve of the national board of trustees to take Opara along with two others to a federal high court which restrained Opara, Oladapo Egunjobi and their purported caretaker committee, led by one Babangida Maihula from parading themselves as leaders of the association.

He described the recent endorsement of Jonathan by the splinter group as contempt of court, saying “the President was misled and deceived” and therefore urged the president, security agencies and government officials to stop dealing with them in any transaction concerning the association.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14687:we-do-not-endorse-jonathan-okada-owners&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by jason123: 2:36pm On Mar 24, 2011
This is funny!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by lionness(f): 2:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
GEJ will soon get endorsed by a small fraction from the NUB: Nigerian Union of Beggars.

Dame already got the endorsement of the NUW for GEJ.

Mind you, NUW represents the Nigerian Union of "Fellow" Widows grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by AljUche: 2:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Governor Raji Fashola as a good manager of men and resources is a successful brand. Lagos residents can easily weigh his four years performance in the area of roads and provision of other infrastructures with PDP 12 years of corruption that have reduced Apapa-Oshodi; Lagos –Ibadan and Shagamu-Benin, federal highways to death traps while Murtala Mohammed International airport road remains a shame of a nation. This perhaps explains why many groups and associations have been falling over each other to endorse Raji Fashola for a second term.

Ironically, it is the deceit of PDP and President Goodluck Jonathan that has suddenly opened the flood gate of Fashola’s endorsement by highly sophisticated Lagos voters. President Jonathan had on three different occasions publicly appealed to non Yoruba in Lagos to vote against Governor Fashola. His last desperate effort was an address in Igbo language when he was in Lagos to receive a special award from an Igbo cultural group. It is amazing that the president and his handlers believe an appeal to base ethnic sentiments that failed to yield political dividends in the old West in 1965 can enhance PDP fortune in 2011 in a place as culturally diffused as Lagos .But then every one knows PDP has maintained a strangle hold on Nigeria for 12 years through deceit.

However, the difference now is that even the Igbo in Lagos have since distanced themselves from Jonathan’s ill advised PDP strategy. Last week, they gathered in their thousands at the Trade Fair Complex, along Badagry express way to publicly identify with Fashola who was conferred with an Igbo chieftaincy title. Fashola told the crowd that the strength of his administration lies in the ethnic diversity of his state, perhaps as an indirect message to a president intent on capitalising on this factor to capture Lagos. He reminded the Igbo that a vote for a PDP government that spent 155 billion naira on importation of rice that can be cultivated in Abakaliki is a waste.

Other groups have since followed the Igbo example. On Sunday March 21, the Arewa community in Lagos state at a special rally in Kosofe, Lagos District also endorsed Fashola for a second term. Their spokesman Ishak Suleiman assured that their association ’Arewa Political United Forum’ (APUF) would deliver the votes of close to a million registered northerners in Lagos .

Similarly, last Saturday, a coalition of the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW), Road Transport Employers’ Association (RTEAN) and the organised Labour organised a carnival-like solidarity walk from Tafawa Balewa Square Lagos, to the Lagos State Secretariat, Alausa Ikeja. The 250 thousand chieftains and members of the party have assured the governor of the support of their over a million registered voters.

But one group that governor should treat with disdain is the Association of Commercial Motorcyclists. The association joined the train last week by endorsing Fashola as their governorship candidate for the April election. But this is one endorsement too many. This is one association that has striven very hard to put a blot on Fashola’s good work in Lagos in the last four years. Members of the association have done this by making driving on Lagos roads a nightmare. This is an association mostly made up of rude, lawless and aggressive, young men, often acting more like an association of suicide riders .They place value neither over their own lives nor on those of their passengers. When they are not struggling with motorists to commit suicide, maim their passengers, they openly assault motorists that stand between them and their suicide mission. It has been claimed that over 50 percent of Igbobi hospital inmates are Okada riders or victims of their recklessness.

There is hardly any Lagos road user that has no terrible tale about an encounter with Okada riders. They have no respect for traffic rules. They drive against traffic and openly intimidate motorists. Okada riders on Lagos roads are always right. It is just as well Nigerians are not allowed to carry arms. A few years ago, a naval officer shot an okada rider when a number of them descended on him on Agidingbi area of Ikeja. Government and its officials are also sometimes victims of Okada riders’ aggression. Early this year, an okada rider trying to escape an arrest was killed on a BRT lane by a BRT bus. His colleagues responded by burning three busses bought through the tax payers money.

The fear of these operators on Ikorodu road for instance, in spite of laws criminalising their operations on the highway is the beginning of wisdom. In addition to the Ikorodu road two lanes, Okada riders have created three additional lanes of their own, one at the middle and one each at the right and left of the two legal lanes. Motorists are at once at the danger of incurring the wrath of the suicide riders if they fail to maintain a delicate balance between the two illegally created lanes. When any of their self created lanes become too narrow either as a result of broken down vehicle or traffic jam, the motorist becomes an object of abuse and intimidation.

Some of the ruinous effects of Okada subculture are beyond Fashola. It is beyond Fashola to force obese young men and women maintain a healthy living by walking distances less than a kilometre instead of hoping on Okada. Fashola can similarly do very little about the other fall outs of Okada subculture such as a dearth of artisans like carpenters, bricklayers, plumbers and electricians. Nigerian contractors have since overcome that problem by moving across to our neighbouring nations like Republic of Benin and Togo for competent artisans.

But as governor for all Lagos residents, he cannot leave Lagos road users at the mercy of Okada riders. The state assembly laws criminalising the operation on some roads should be enforced. Fashola can also prevent unskilled young Yoruba, Ibo and largely illiterate northern youths from enlisting in the suicide squad. He can do this by setting up standards that will require training and education of would be operators. Such training will enable them value their own lives and that of other road users.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web3/editorial/31591.html
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by lionness(f): 2:49pm On Mar 24, 2011
[b]
Lagos Boy:

He described the recent endorsement of Jonathan by the splinter group as contempt of court, saying “the President was misled and deceived” and therefore urged the president, security agencies and government officials to stop dealing with them in any transaction concerning the association.

http://dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=14687:we-do-not-endorse-jonathan-okada-owners&catid=1:news&Itemid=2

Its all buying and selling. Its never been this catastrophic! Anyways sha, they visiting every organization out there. I think beaf can tell GEJ about these extras:
NUS : Nigerian Union of Shoemakers
NPL: National Prostitutes League
FOYB: Federal Organization of Yahoo Boys
NSof419: National Society of 419ers
AOBDN: Association of Bomb Detonators of Nigeria
NDBBG: Niger Delta Bad Boys Group

If gej writes me a check for $1 I will email him those guys list, [/b]
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

bump

calling team gej

we must thank wole soyinka for his rebuttals - now everyone is refuting gej's claims of endoresment

i see plenty more sacking in the offing cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by lionness(f): 3:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
If I can do it - the  #500 supporter too said: we can do it!

Then he later changes his mind and say: oh boy, wetin i fit do! grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Beaf: 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
lionness:

Its all buying and selling. Its never been this catastrophic! Anyways sha, they visiting every organization out there. I think beaf can tell GEJ about these extras:
NPL: National love-peddlers League

If gej writes me a check for $1 I will email him those guys list,

Poor you! Going from thread to thread singing, "Beaf." Give it up, girl!
Sorry, I'm married and beyond reach, and even if I was; k leg, scattered teeth, big belly, hairy chest and lean yansh don't tickle my fancy. LOL!!!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Dreamchaser1(f): 3:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
Na wa o! GEJ haters, would love to see how the tears flow after april 9th. I've been saying this and wouldn't get tired of saying it, slander and negative propaganda, won't help anybod. Leave GEJ alone o!
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by lionness(f): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

Sorry, I'm married and beyond reach, and even if I was; k leg, scattered teeth, big belly, hairy chest and lean yansh don't tickle my fancy. LOL!!!!!

Why u come break my@ publicly like this. You heartless cold pro-gej c0ck-s0cker!
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by MaiSuya(m): 3:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
KAI!!! this is becoming just too embarrassing!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

Poor GEJ
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Beaf: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
lionness:

Why u come break my@ [b]pubic[/b]ly like this. You heartless cold pro-gej c0ck-s0cker!

What do you mean "pubic?" shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chineke me e! Beaf is in trouble!

Chai! . . .The unwanted attentions of a love struck, muscle headed, hairy arsed gorilla with yellow teeth! Na wa! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!!
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

What do you mean "pubic?" shocked shocked shocked shocked
Chineke me e! Beaf is in trouble!

Chai! . . .The unwanted attentions of a love struck, muscle headed, hairy arsed gorilla with yellow teeth! Na wa! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!! Holy Ghost Fire!!!

are we sure beaf is not a policeman in bayelsa? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by FabulousE1: 3:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ Lioness! u are so Funny but Down-to-Earth Politician, Playing Games! Huh!! i would soon declare u missing in Ikorodu and AWOL for Niaja. Take it Easy cos ur Mouth is Wide.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by GenPOV(m): 3:26pm On Mar 24, 2011
Who cares
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by 9ijaMan: 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2011
So what happened to the largesse that was supposed to be given to these Okada boys? Na who chop the money wey Jona dole out for the association.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Bawss1(m): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

are we sure beaf is not a policeman in bayelsa? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

OK you guys have killed me now. cheesy cheesy
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by OAM4J: 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
lionness:

lol grin grin grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by blacksta(m): 4:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf - how market  - lol
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by slap1(m): 4:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
and therefore urged the president, security agencies and government officials to stop dealing with them in any transaction concerning the association.
Now this is the bone of contention. It is not that GEJ is not good enough to be president, the okada riders want a piece of the national cake before they can endorse him, just like when the witches and wizards endorsed Atiku. Shame on them!
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
Nigeria always at it, @ Slap1, u need one slap now? grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by otukpo(f): 4:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
The winner of this Pres. election is not going to be detremined by this internet talk and propaganda.

Unfortunately, most of these internet campaigners won't even vote for one reason or the other.

It is the physical voting that will determine, and we that are on ground are not talking much.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Chaflyje(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2011
@ lionness GIRL AM FEELING U LIKE CRAZE, TIS gej MUST COME DOWN. WIDOWER LIKE HIM
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by desholah(m): 4:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Topic,
So the Elected President has to be ENDORSED byOkada Owner?? . . . .ROTFL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
lionness:

LWKMD grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by monkeyleg: 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2011
Beaf:

Beaf, since when? You didnt tell me you were married, when you were asking me to introduce you to Mercy Johnson. You see yourself, typical cheat like your Oga. Both of you never to be trusted
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by otukpo(f): 4:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
The okadaman talking is definitely talking for himself.

Period.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by ektbear: 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
[quote="lionness"]

[/quote]
Lmao grin grin grin
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by kasiem(m): 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2011
April is near, when our song will change 4rm tyranny to democracy, 4rm mortification to trammel, 4rm old torpid brain to young active, 4rm fallacies to reallities, 4rm stone throwing to fresh air. Goodluck to u, a redefinition of leadership.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Eziachi: 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Dream chaser:

Na wa o! GEJ haters, would love to see how the tears flow after april 9th. I've been saying this and wouldn't get tired of saying it, slander and negative propaganda, won't help anybod. Leave GEJ alone o!
When outsiders like you worry so much with a wasted passion for the business of the elite for money making called politics/election it makes one wonder.
No matter who claimed the winner or the loser of this coming charade it will not jolt your life and that of your family by an inche, then unless you are part of the system.  If not, I don't see why you are looking forward to a so-called victory or a celebration of someone so-called defeat.
Look at Akwa Ibom today, as people were burning, maiming and killing each other, for what? they are supporters of crooked group of people who did not recognise  or care a jolt about their existence. After this election, they will all unite again by one common goal- greed. while you start moaning and complaining again for another 4 years.
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by chakula: 5:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Singing in flamenco in celebrations of PDP malfunction and Jonathan in April poll
Re: We Do Not Endorse Jonathan – Okada Owners by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 24, 2011
[size=99pt]HAHAHAHAHA[/size] grin grin grin grin bEAF TAKE HEART

(1) (2) (Reply)

Henry Okah's Full Affidavit To South African Court / Patrick Sawyer's Cousin Speaks Out [exclusive Pics] / Bag Of Rice 2013 Vs 2014. Dividends Of Agric Transformation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.