Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,026 members, 7,825,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Terror Plot In London - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Terror Plot In London (4520 Views)

Frank Onyeachonam, Yahoo Boy Jailed In London / 'mumbai-style Terror Plot' Against Uk Uncovered / Al-Qaeda Terror Plot: Plan To Bomb Easter Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terror Plot In London by proverbial: 7:24am On Jun 30, 2007
LONDON - Police thwarted a devastating terrorist plot on Friday, discovering two Mercedes loaded with nails packed around canisters of propane and gasoline set to detonate and kill possibly hundreds in London's crowded theater and nightclub district.

"With the change in prime minister this could be the work of al-Qaida," he said. "They have a track record of trying to influence political change through violent means such as in the Madrid train attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070630/ap_on_re_eu/britain_bomb_defused

I hope these situations don't arise in America because I'm not very happy with the nation's security base.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Jakumo(m): 7:33am On Jun 30, 2007
No doubt the culprits will be identified by London's video surveillance footage, and will then be rounded up and sent into the slammer for the rest of their worthless lives.

Hate to say this, but odds are the terrorists are almost bound to be of Pakistani ethnic origin. Just what the phuck is it with them folks ?    Their parents come to the UK to enjoy the freedom and economic opportunities there, and yet they breed these cretins who turn around and try to commit mass murder in the country that has educated them for free and provided medical and social benefits unheard of in their parent's backward homeland.
Re: Terror Plot In London by proverbial: 7:40am On Jun 30, 2007
It's dirty man. I too never understood the reasoning behind suicide-bombing until I read up on it. I was like woooow shocked.
Re: Terror Plot In London by desgiezd(m): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2007
The "dogs of war" are at it again
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2007
It's all just political. This is just to align Gordon Brown's mind with an anti-terror program that Tony Blair has always pursued.

Gordon Brown's first speech was about change and those people who benefit from keeping Britain in various bogus wars against terror did not want to see change so they just scared him to keep him unchanged.

This whole war on terror is just one bogus story.

Or you guys have forgotten that when OBJ condemned the war on Iraq at it's inception, that was when a nuclear device was stolen in Nigeria which according to US sources, could be used to make a nuclear bomb. OBJ had to stand down, then next thing, the Nigerian potential nuclear bomb story died away.

So any leader that is suspected of no aligning with this war against terror should expect something soon too.

Don't be suprised when they find out that this has something to do with Iran. Because right now, Iran is only nail still sticking out.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Iman3(m): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2007
What a surprise Denex is in denial.It is all a conspiracy according to him.Untill the culprits are identified,we can't be certain.However,in the recent attack on Glasgow Airport,the culprits were South Asian(probably Pakistan).

I doubt very much those behind the attempts in London were Southern Baptists or Jehova Witnesses
Re: Terror Plot In London by initiator(m): 1:33am On Jul 01, 2007
I wonder when denex would stop smoking garri
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 2:06am On Jul 01, 2007
I say they must be Iranians or connected to Iran. Just watch and we'll see.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Jakumo(m): 6:45am On Jul 01, 2007
denex:

It's all just political. This is just to align Gordon Brown's mind with an anti-terror program that Tony Blair has always pursued.

Gordon Brown's first speech was about change and those people who benefit from keeping Britain in various bogus wars against terror did not want to see change so they just scared him to keep him unchanged.

This whole war on terror is just one bogus story.

Whew ! Denex I gotta hand it to you man.  I have heard some wild conspiracy theories but your claim that all of London's terror attacks exist only in Tony Blair's mind is a real show-stopper.   You brought down the curtain, dude.   Why not go clear over the top by announcing that reality is a crutch for cowards who can't face recreational drugs ?

Or maybe you would like to share your theory that the 911 attacks in New York actually never took place, but were in fact an elaborately staged hoax created on a big-budget Hollywood film set which included an entire full-scale replica of Lower Manhattan, replete with the pyrotechnic demolition of card-board World Trade Center Twin Towers ?

Way to go Denex, you dream weaver, you have raised our expectations with your visionary imagination, so it just stands to reason that you lead us even deeper into your hallucinatory wonderland.  I never did have the balls to try LSD, but with writers like you boldly leading us in the exploration of inner space, I can get to sample the wildest mind trips ever from the safety of my computer desk.   You are DE MAN, bro.   What yarns do you have in store today ?
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2007
I didn't realise I had so many ardent followers. Don't worry. I won't disappoint you. There's more where that came from.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Jakumo(m): 12:48pm On Jul 01, 2007
Are you kidding ?  I am much more than just an ardent follower, guru.     I want to be you when I grow up.  I want to be able to create my own alternate universe just like you, and be able to say hey, phuck the boredom of reality, my mind can produce far more interesting and worthwile landscapes with or without chemical assistance.
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2007
@Jakumo

by the way, I forgot to tell you that I'm a Unit Production Manager in the video industry and also a Movie Scriptwriter. So don't fret. If I spin a conspiracy theory about NAIRALAND, you'll be shocked to learn that Seun is an alien sent from Mars to prepare Nigerians for the invasion. Even he does not deny it.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Jakumo(m): 1:45pm On Jul 01, 2007
There. It had to be. I just knew it. Other than with the use of extra-terrestrial technology, there simply could be no other explanation for Seun's ability to keep a website running around the clock in a land known to be without usable electricity.

But, Denex, now that Seun has been unmasked as an alien, how can you be sure of your own safety as the whistle blower ?
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2007
I'm very safe. In fact, I'm one of those chosen as a member of the welcoming committee for the alien invasion.

The aim of Seun is to gradually educate us about the harmlessness of the aliens. I just do it more directly.

In fact the aliens are right now, among us in Nigeria. Seun should I tell the the true identity of the already terrestialised aliens that have been able to come in a live among us in peace?
Re: Terror Plot In London by YangaRat: 7:33am On Jul 03, 2007
Wonder no dey finish for this world, o country people.

Now we dey hear say na so-so MEDICAL DOCTOR dem dey try to take bomb kill innocent people for London.

Abi this world don run mad ? How manage person go attend medical school for good 7 years, take oath say na only to save human life na him dem go dey take dem training do, come dey work for hospital dey treat people, and then after all that positive thing, come begin dey plan to kill themself and many innocent people with bomb ?

If na only one doctor run mad come turn to terrorist, I go fit understand say na case of education-miss-road, but we come dey hear for news say London police don arrest 3 mad terrorist doctor for this bomb matter. Abi na dream I dey so, or this kind thing really fit happen as dem dey talk am for news ?

Country people, I beg o, make una explain am for me wettin dey run all this doctor mad like this. Una think say maybe somebody fit dey hypnotise or drug all this doctor dem for inside hospital where dem dey work ?
Re: Terror Plot In London by JustGood(m): 9:04am On Jul 03, 2007
I live in Glasgow and, while denex's theory sounds conspiratorial, a lot of people here believe that same line of thought. Most of these people are of course white. They believe that there is something strongly fishy about it. let's face it: how many terrorists will just ram a jeep into the entrance of an airport terminal?

It all doesn't add up. they are also arresting doctors all over the place. Isn't it normal that foreign doctors working in UK will be friends? If you live in Glasgow, you'll understand that you're better off associating with non-white people wherever you find them; that is of course unless you're a congolese who does not even know when white people are insulting you.

Let's wait till the end of the investigations before jumping to conclusions but something is definitely amiss. If you suddenly stop hearing about what happened with some of these guys, I wont be too suprised.
Re: Terror Plot In London by angel101(f): 9:17am On Jul 03, 2007
JustGood:

how many terrorists will just ram a jeep into the entrance of an airport terminal?

would u have imagined b4 9/11 that terrorists in God's own country will take control of 3 aircrafts simultaneously and crash them?

JustGood:

Isn't it normal that foreign doctors working in UK will be friends?
Maybe so but how do u explain the doc and his wifes phones ringing the phones linked/meant to trigger the 2 london car bombs?

I personally do not think anything is amiss. but thats only my opinion.
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 10:45am On Jul 03, 2007
@Yanga Rat

UK Doctors have gone beserk O! Maybe it's the stress of the job that's getting to them. You are even complaining when you did not follow the case of Harold Shipman who killed more than 215 of his patients by injecting them with morphine. Please ensure to read the two links:

www.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1431104.stm

www.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/1101480.stm

@JustGood

I've told them O! This farcical terrorist attack is just a scheme employed to ensure that Gordon Brown joins the anti-terror bandwagon.

From the first moment he took over from Blair, he's been talking about change. They don't want the kind of change that cost them the war in Vietnam so they arranged this whole thing to keep him from "CHANGING".

The problem now is that these so-called terrorist forgot to remember that there were CCTVs everywhere. So let's see how they'll blame this on Iran.

As you all know, Iran is now the new prominent enemy; The last man standing in the "axis of evil". So lets see how they'll pin this on Iran.

By the way, JustGood, I know most times I lace the truth with a bit of humour or theorising, but that's the only way you can break this kind of news to the lay masses without causing them trauma or putting them through cognitive dissonance.

Also, it's my field of work. I write scripts and draw storyboards for music videos. So sometimes its good practice. Putting together full Visual Stories from shreds of information. Did I also tell you that I was the only one who predicted that Abacha would die of semi-natural causes between 1998 and 2000?

So what am doing here is spinning conspiracy theories, but not before thoroughly considering the intelligence available.

So lets see, the presence of surveillance cameras has most probably foiled this "false flag" attack so the options are:

a) Gradually kill the case. Water down the news coverage on the story and secretly hand the agents back to the intelligence agency that sent them and accept their apologies. Afterall, no lives were lost.

b) Use this opportunity to twist the tale and implicate one or two of those belligerent Imams that won't just shut up. Associate them with Iran, and continue to carry the UK in this blind war against terror in which the true enemy is your ally.

Why is it that people are so blind to see? Was is not when the Spanish people started protesting that their government should withdraw from Iraq that the Madrid bombings occurred? So that they will see the reality of terror and continue to support the war against terror. Well, thank God they are Spanish. They didn't fall for that trick.

Even bin Laden himself is part of this war on terror. He started it, but where is he today? Enjoying the dividends of the high price of crude oil and oil lifting from Iraq. Why was Saddam easily caught and killed for admiring a crime while the criminal is still at large, living large.
Re: Terror Plot In London by angel101(f): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2007
very amusing to say the least
Re: Terror Plot In London by ono(m): 1:14pm On Jul 12, 2007
Jakumo:

Or maybe you would like to share your theory that the 911 attacks in New York actually never took place, but were in fact an elaborately staged hoax created on a big-budget Hollywood film set which included an entire full-scale replica of Lower Manhattan, replete with the pyrotechnic demolition of card-board World Trade Center Twin Towers ?

Jakumo,
Someone, who lives close to where the US build their nukes, and is close to their intelligence network, actually told me that 911 was planned by the US government, using Arabs militants whom they have trained to carry out the acts. And when I asked her why her government did that, killing innocent people, she said, it had to be done to save several others who need the cheap energy from the middle east, to continue living in the US. I was tempeted to believe her.

Man, was I shocked to my bones!
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 1:24pm On Jul 12, 2007
Well, there is nothing JUDGE Bush is incapable of.
Re: Terror Plot In London by angel101(f): 2:48pm On Jul 12, 2007
na wa 4 una o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Terror Plot In London by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 12, 2007
The glasgow bombers were actually Americans in Muslim clothing
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 4:59pm On Jul 12, 2007
Their plan was to use the bombing to initiate Gordon Brown into the ANTI-TERROR War. Especially carried out to point a finger at Iran.

Well, thank God for CCTVs.
Now just watch how the case will gradually die down. WAR AGAINST TERROR my black butt!
Re: Terror Plot In London by ono(m): 5:04pm On Jul 12, 2007
babyosisi:

The glasgow bombers were actually Americans in Muslim clothing

I don't think you're very far from the truth. After all, we have Arab-Americans, African-American, Euro-American, Jewish-American. And remember, Osama Bin Laden was trained by Americans. So.
Re: Terror Plot In London by ono(m): 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2007
And for the first time, I'm beginning to believe denex.

So, far, all of the bombings and terror scare in the UK has not resulted to anything catastrophic. I think they want to initiate GB into their fold. And if he proves stubborn, or develop thick skin for this, they might go gaga!

The depraved world we're living in now.
Re: Terror Plot In London by TayoD(m): 6:03pm On Jul 12, 2007
@Ono,

So, far, all of the bombings and terror scare in the UK has not resulted to anything catastrophic.
What is your definition of catastrophe? So the lives lost on 7/7 are irrelevant? Until a member of your family is killed before you declare terrorism a catastrophe? Do you realise a Nigerian was killed during the 7/7 bombing, and his mother was seen weeping and wailing on CNN! I just can't believe the writings coming forth from fellow Nigerians here.

We don't even need to look far to see terrorism at work. The same muslims driven by same ideology have killed thousands of Christians here in Nigeria. Thank God I escaped their clutches during the mayhem they brought on Abuja by reason of the beauty contest.

You guys remind me of the toad who kept accustomed to the gradual rising temperature of the water it was placed in. Eventually, the hot water killed it becuase it kept accomodating the "not-so-bad" rise in temperature. No wonder Naija is still the way it is today. We are suffering and smiling in the hope that tomorrow will be better. How insane! Doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting a different outcome. Una do o!
Re: Terror Plot In London by denex: 6:50pm On Jul 12, 2007
Abeg they should keep us updated about this latest terrorist attack and the fate of the terrorists because I'm beginning to see a rapid decline in interest combined with a calculated attempt to sweep the matter under the rug.

Please MI6, BBC, CNN, should keep us posted on daily events regarding this issue and stop trying to divert our attention to other old stories and Harry Potter.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 13, 2007
ono:

Jakumo,
Someone, who lives close to where the US build their nukes, and is close to their intelligence network, actually told me that 911 was planned by the US government, using Arabs militants whom they have trained to carry out the acts. And when I asked her why her government did that, killing innocent people, she said, it had to be done to save several others who need the cheap energy from the middle east, to continue living in the US. I was tempeted to believe her.

Man, was I shocked to my bones!

Even after al qaeda released video tapes showing the 19 terrorists involved in the 9-11 bombings planning and talking about the attack? Even after al qaeda took full responsibility for the attacks? Even after muslims groups continue to praise these bombers as martyrs?

Even after these picture below people are still stuck in their conspiracy theories? When are we going to stop living in denial and face the catastrophe that islam has unleashed on the world head on?

Perhaps the Red Mosque extremists in Islamabad were americans pretending to be mullahs!

Re: Terror Plot In London by Nobody: 1:58am On Jul 13, 2007
And the same air I breathe is available to these animals.
God is indeed merciful
Re: Terror Plot In London by ono(m): 8:09am On Jul 13, 2007
ono:

And for the first time, I'm beginning to believe denex.

So, far, all of the bombings and terror scare in the UK has not resulted to anything catastrophic. I think they want to initiate GB into their fold.  And if he proves stubborn, or develop thick skin for this, they might go gaga!

The depraved world we're living in now.

TayoD:

@Ono,
What is your definition of catastrophe? So the lives lost on 7/7 are irrelevant? Until a member of your family is killed before you declare terrorism a catastrophe? Do you realise a Nigerian was killed during the 7/7 bombing, and his mother was seen weeping and wailing on CNN! I just can't believe the writings coming forth from fellow Nigerians here.

We don't even need to look far to see terrorism at work. The same muslims driven by same ideology have killed thousands of Christians here in Nigeria. Thank God I escaped their clutches during the mayhem they brought on Abuja by reason of the beauty contest.

You guys remind me of the toad who kept accustomed to the gradual rising temperature of the water it was placed in. Eventually, the hot water killed it becuase it kept accomodating the "not-so-bad" rise in temperature. No wonder Naija is still the way it is today. We are suffering and smiling in the hope that tomorrow will be better. How insane! Doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting a different outcome. Una do o!

My intention, actually was to add to denex's explanation on what's on ground in the UK. True, I may not be able to grasp in totality, the gravity of what the folks up there are facing. Since I'm in far away N'Djamena. No harm intended, and I really sympathise with the families of people who have lost their dear ones to attacks, which were attributed to terrorists networks and muslim insurgents.

I find it rather hard to believe that just a few days after the ''swearing'' in of G.Brown, terrorsists will spring up from nowhere to make ''their presence felt''!. And to think these are UK trained medical doctors. Much as this is not impossible, and I know there are quite a lot of muslim die-hards out there,  I think the timimg is rather suspect. Some questions are begging for answers.

* We know terrorists are still on the prowl everywhere, why would they want to get GB's attention so early into his premiership?

* What effect, or impression are they trying to make that we do not know already?

* GB has always been one that's against the war in Baghdad, and he has often voiced out his rejection on the way things were handled since it became clear to the world that the so-called WMD, claimed by US military intelligence to be in Baghdad, were non existent.

* Discerning minds would quickly reason out, the way denex has done, that there must be a link between these stage-managed attacks and the initiation of G.Brown into the Anti-terrorists Group, made up of a few[b] but powerful oil-thirsty countries[/b]. 

* There are quite a lot of die-hard muslim fanatics out there but, that's not a licence for any one or group to scheme out a plot geared towards giving all the muslim folks a bad name.

Don't get me wrong, I do not like the muslim religion. And I will never encourage anyone to be a muslim. But we must imbibe the culture of religious tolerance across the world for peace to reign.
Re: Terror Plot In London by Afam(m): 9:48am On Jul 13, 2007
Still on 911, is it true that none out of the over 30,000.00 Jews working at the WTC died on that day? Maybe they were all on vacation or something assuming the answer to the question is in the affirmative.

Rather than dismiss claims that may appear as outrageous I guess the best line of action will be to try to find out if statements we may not like are actually true because the world will be a better place if we know for sure what is happening.

For example, the world is better off today since we knew Bush lied to the whole world just to illegally invade Iraq. Now, many people are not ready to swallow his lies any more as he has become the most ineffective US president one can remember.

At least the world understands that both John Major and George Bush Snr were board members of a company owned by the Bin ladens.

At least the world understands that Israel used cluster bombs against civilian populations when they were bombing Lebanon because Hezbollah kidnapped some soldiers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gaddafi: Black Africans Are Ignorant Barbarians. / Stunning Photos Show Queen Elizabeth II In EVERY Year Of Her Reign / BREAKING NEWS: President Mugabe Dies At 93daily Buzz SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.