Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,106 members, 7,849,449 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:46 PM

Matthew 10 V 34 - 36 What Does Jesus Mean To Say? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Matthew 10 V 34 - 36 What Does Jesus Mean To Say? (165 Views)

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said, "Today You Will Be With Me In Paradise"? / Lord Of The Sabbath-what Did Jesus Mean Here? / What Did Jesus Mean By "The Poor Will Always Be Among You"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Matthew 10 V 34 - 36 What Does Jesus Mean To Say? by HazardAwka(m): 11:17am On Dec 13, 2020
Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s foes will be those of his own household.

What's the best explanation you can give as a Christian from this passage. Why does Jesus sound like he was speaking about manipulating people so as to bring trouble and misunderstanding for us and those close to us?
Re: Matthew 10 V 34 - 36 What Does Jesus Mean To Say? by jmoore(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2020
A man born in Muslim family decided to follow Jesus Christ. After embracing Christianity, his family decided to chase him away for abandoning Islam.

The above scenario is what Jesus was talking about. Not everyone will embrace the PEACE of Jesus Christ, many will fight against Christians.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Did God Disappoint You? How Do You Feel? Share With Us Your Experience / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:tuesday, December 29, 2020 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/01/2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.