Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Free And Fair Elections: Do They Actually Guarantee Credible Leadership? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Free And Fair Elections: Do They Actually Guarantee Credible Leadership? (512 Views)

Wike A Threat To Democracy, Free, Fair Elections – Amaechi / Association For Credible Leadership In Nigeria (ACLN) Conference, NJ, USA / Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Free And Fair Elections: Do They Actually Guarantee Credible Leadership? by Ofuks(m): 12:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
Guys, I have been thinking and also keenly observing this Naija electoral process and I have some fears or maybe I am confused,  embarassed embarassed

Free and fair elections are very wonderful but I don't think they actually guarantee the emergence of credible leadership if there is a disconnect at the party primary level where the flag bearers are nominated.

We all know the horse trading and the Machiavellian Machinations that take place at party conventions before consensus candidates are chosen or elected, and we can only exercise our votes based on the options presented to us by the political parties and if almost or if everything presented to us is questionable then God help us!

Please what is your take on this?

(1) (Reply)

Tension In Anambra As Police Kill 2 …irate Youths Burn Police Vehicle, Vandalize / Govt. Gives N100 Million To Female Politicians / Do U Know That 10 Candidates Quit For Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.