Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! (41856 Views)

My NYSC Experience In Jigawa State. / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / "My NYSC Camp Experience" – Owolabi Ajasa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Owologbo(m): 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
MyGeneration:
Support Nigeria Niger republic unity now.

We need to Marge into one country for a better Nigeria and Africa
Who be this one please? Merge in what way na? Kill that merging dream. I use God beg you.
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Richdee1(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
JayromWrites:
The first struggle I had in AKS was how to pronounce the camp name

Like how dafuq do they expect an"aboki" to pronounce that?

How will u even have four names for just one place.. E tayah me

Then came the meals... Every time na Garri.. I don't eat eba so na Mami market finish mAh small money

I Sha didn't really have much fun... Joined Red Cross early so I didn't mingle with my platoon mates... Was just that lone wolf

But I really enjoyed Uyo

i rep 19A

wats the Benefit of being a red cross member
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Richdee1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
Bonchila:
12A, ppa Ministry of health. During Akpabio tenure, when Mish - Akwa ibom ayaya song was reigning. Camp was fun, uyo was something else. Enjoyed my sevice year in uyo..

Did you work your posting to ministry of health??
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 6:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
Haunty pls come and finish dis ur script bukonu
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by JayromWrites: 7:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Richdee1:

wats the Benefit of being a red cross member

loads Bro

I learnt a lot of safety tips, we were even awarded certificate sef

then If you are the lazy type like me.. You won't have to participate in match pass and all those camp activities

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by saintuspapa(m): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2020
Reminds me of my own days in that same camp. Op, is it still the same Nsit Atai camp. I was there 2007 Batch A.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Fuckhypocrite: 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:

Lol, sorry...... I'll update later in the evening grin grin
we are waiting o
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Fuckhypocrite: 7:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
lebron7:
Sounds like dog shit, find something else to do
jeeez
WTF
Lmfao, guy take it easy na
U want to kill his moral?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Karac: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
Manage the pictures, I'm not a good photographer cheesy grin

Nsit Atai!

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by valETA1(m): 9:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
Call for your accommodation/house needs in Uyo.

To let:
Single room, Self contain, 1 bedroom flat etc. All at affordable prices, nice locations with good power supply.

Reach out/chat me on 08163870537
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Richdee1(m): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
JayromWrites:

loads Bro

I learnt a lot of safety tips, we were even awarded certificate sef

then If you are the lazy type like me.. You won't have to participate in match pass and all those camp activities

Would they influence your posting for you??
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by UnimkeAk(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Esyy:
I was seated for over 30mins waiting for these guys to call me (covid19 officials), during this wait period other pcms that were just coming into camp joined me in the wait! After about ten more minutes we were called and queued for the test.

That test is one hell of a test I will never wish to my enemy. They usually insert one long stick-like thing into one's nostril and then rotate it as if they were trying to scoop something out of your nose!

The damn thing touched my brain and sent signals to my eyes to release tears! Omo, I cried........ lipsrsealed embarassed

Once done with my test, I found my way to the next stand where my documents would be verified! You see this part of the story, I swear I do not like it but I'll still share should incase someone finds themselves in such a mess.

At the verification stand, I greeted the fair man who seem to be in his late 60s. Old man didn't even look at me but was busy playing his Zuma game.

I quietly and humbly greeted again and chipped in the reason why I was there but man didn't even shake, talk more blink his eyes. He was deeply into this Zuma game. I hard no option but to wait for him to finish his game.

After a while, he ended his game and with joy in his heart, looked at me and asked if I wanted he to loss his game just because i wanted to verify my documents, I replied him No and forced a smile just so I don't look too serious. You see this country eeh, normal people are not up to 10

The old man proceeded to ask for my name and other documents. One of the documents he requested for was my statement of result which I showed to him.

He took it and tried confirming the signature it was bearing on NYSC portal but couldn't find it. He searched again but still yet, he couldn't find the signature, that was were my problem started...... cry

Boring as heaven ....
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Microwhy: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
SimplyFacts:
To most CMs, camping becomes fun after the orientation grin. I nearly regretted going to camp while I was there; as if we were held hostage grin Freedom is bae.

Not a friendly place for introverts angry

Prospective Corps Member (PCM)
Absolutely Not a friendly place for introverts
I almost go mad. I need my loneliness to refresh my brain but but unfortunately, that can never happen in camp..

3 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Karac: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2020
NOC1:
That’s where I served Nsit Attai, whatever happened in camp I don’t know, parades we don’t go, I and my friends were the last set of corp members to sign that book of life, walk for life only me among my friends did it because of a girl Ella and our miss NYSC who was my family friend.
We don’t miss volleyball because of our Camp girlfriends who are athletes, they invite us to come watch them play, we only collect hot water from Refectory to make our tea, I only ate swallow in camp the day my platoon made food, I was in the kitchen with my NYSC babe, we had special meal.

I had a girlfriend in Mami where I eat from, Ikwo is her name, her elder sis happen to be schooling in my school then we became friends.

That three weeks was something else, the weed my guys went to camp with finished, we have to go outside camp to buy weed. The back of the camp is not fenced it leads to a community if you follow the track road in the farm.

Never had a picture of me in NYSC uniform.

Spent my 80% in uyo but attended CDS 3times just to stop an election of excos, never had CDS excos all through my service year, so nobody was checking who is attending or not.
I and some guys planned for us not to have a leader who will checkmate us in CDs unless one of us is ready to lead, thanks be to God no leader emerged every time election was scheduled we scattered it, we made the excos we met when we joined look bad that made our set to buy our ideas.

NYSC outside camp was fun, I enjoyed uyo from my friends who are big spenders to my miss NYSC who is always in my house, with her friends because she was not posted in Uyo, so my house is like where she and her friends come to be picked up by those commissioners and SA’s money was not a problem because those men where paying.

Batch A 2017?
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by kennias(m): 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Reminds me of my own days in that same camp. Op, is it still the same Nsit Atai camp. I was there 2007 Batch A.

Whaoo, I was there too 2007 Batch A
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by NOC1(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
Karac:

Batch A 2017?

Nooo,
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by barajo1(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
Aks 14B Nsit Atai . I will tell my story some day. From being the first corp member in camp (0001) to winning the overall best corp member and finally the prestigious Presidential NYSC Honours Award.

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2020
Akwa Ibom state is a nice beautiful state in Nigeria that is friendly, conducive for business and secured for residency. I have a landed property of about 980sqm for sale in uyo close to shelter afrique. all papers are available. price is 5.5m negotiable...call 0.8.0.2.3.3.3.7.0.3.4
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by JayromWrites: 1:29am On Dec 24, 2020
Richdee1:

Would they influence your posting for you??
certainly
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Nobody: 4:03am On Dec 24, 2020
lebron7:

Sounds like dog shit, find something else to do

Lol u are funny
Besides am not the singer am the rapper there , and its not my song i was featured , dont worry by next year you would feel my hot vocals(debut singles)

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 24, 2020
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by FrustratedMonk(f): 4:34am On Dec 24, 2020
No sexscapade angry?

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Frankcallys(m): 5:53am On Dec 24, 2020
Esyy:
SUNDAY

Late into the night, we took our dinner and retired to bed, lights went out! cool

Mhmmm... Please quote or mention me on your updates. I'm so much interested in your camp experience. I'm going somewhere *waiting patiently to hear from you* wink wink

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Esyy(f): 2:06pm On Dec 24, 2020
MONDAY - WEDNESDAY

Literally, once it's 5am and light comes on you need no one to tell you to start moving down to the parade ground.

My roommates were all dressed in their white white attire, everyone of us having our pouch tightly fitted to our waists.

First to always wake in my room was Chy, an Anambra girl who is one of those quarter guards!

Once it's 6am on the dot, she gives an official order for mounting of the Nigerian flag!
During that moment of mounting the flag, everyone stands still, irrespective of where or what they're doing in camp. This same event happens also every 6pm daily, Mondays to Sundays.

Back to parade ground.......we first start with prayers, worship and praise. Then camp coordinator comes in later on to read out the schedules for the day's activities and then a brief lecture on CDS ( community development service). After the early morning lectures, every platoon continues with their match past till 7:30am before we disperse for breakfast.

Done with breakfast, we return to the pavilion to continue with more lectures. This one is called marathon because you'll sit in that pavilion listening to sensible but boring lectures till 2pm...... that's over 6hours! Six good hours!

Omo, come and see the way the spirit of sleep was baptizing and anointing people, left and right!

.....2pm we left for the hostel to take our lunch, that reminds me......where is Ogo? Yemisi asked! Damn! That's true. I just remembered I saw that babe only once in the morning when we left for parade, till now we have not yet set eyes on her!

Let me deviate a little, amongst the three of us, Ogo is the youngest in terms of age, not just that she also has one of the prettiest smiles I've ever seen. God blessed her with good dentition, fine coloured hair and skin like silk!

She has a way of blinking her eyes when she wants to gossip that makes her look like a cartoon, funny but mehn.......that babe is fine!

Okay........as of 2pm that day, we still have not seen Ogo. We hurriedly picked our food from the kitchen and made way to our rooms, ate and decided to take a quick nap before going out for evening parade.

Evening parades are a no no to me. This parades last for over 5hours, from 3pm to 6pm....... that's if you will leave by six!

The way these army guys are hard on us, is really something else. According to them, we need to perfect our matchpast cause we would be expecting top government personnels soon.

I even heard the state governor, his excellency Mr Udom might be coming too for the swearing in ceremony!

Me in my head.......shebi because government people are coming, we should come and match out our legs? we should break them baa?

The match past continued till late in the night before we retired for the day!

2 Likes

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by solalal36(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Zeedarh:
I camped at Nsit Atai and fortunately/unfortunately i was posted to the same local government.

Fantastic place if you ask me
Home base undecided
Zeedarh:
I camped at Nsit Atai and fortunately/unfortunately i was posted to the same local government.

Fantastic place if you ask me
Home base
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by solalal36(m): 2:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
Esyy:
MONDAY - WEDNESDAY

Literally, once it's 5am and light comes on you need no one to tell you to start moving down to the parade ground.

My roommates were all dressed in their white white attire, everyone of us having our pouch tightly fitted to our waists.

First to always wake in my room was Chy, an Anambra girl who is one of those quarter guards!

Seems PCM,s are not much during your batch...
OP, if you get posted to Oruk Anam, reject oo, if not carry your generator when coming.. That's the only place in Nigeria where u will see good electricity network with light one day in six months..lol....
Camp is cool... Have u come across those soldiers that will insult you and your mama when you miss one step during parade...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Esyy(f): 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
SWEARING IN CEREMONY

Since the first day I stepped into camp, NYSC officials have always called us PCMs ( prospective corp members) , reason being that we have not yet been sworn in.

Today, we have gathered to take our oath and move from PCMs to gentlemen corp members.
We were all dressed in our 6/7, and within minutes, the top government officials arrived, we sang the national anthem and NYSC anthem.....

The state governor was unavoidable absent and represented by an associate of the chief justice......he proceeded to do the normal rituals before swearing in us as Corpers.

For over 4hours, we were still standing! I couldn't understand why we had to stand that long just because of swearing in ceremony

I was already exhausted and waiting patiently for my weak knees to bend before I hit the ground........my body couldn't take the pains any longer!

Due to how scorching the sun was, I lost control of my sight and was struggling to see, that was when my knees gave way and reduced to the lowest height.

The Soldier guy behind shouted at me and instructed that I stand erect but hell no, I was far gone!

By the time it dawned on him what was happening, the guys in platoon have already started shouting for red cross to come save a soul before someone dies!

Before they could say jack, I was in the clinic grasping for breathe and receiving artificial air from the red cross team!

Later in the day when Ogo came to pick me up, we also got to know that Yemisi was right there in the clinic too as a casualty. Heard hers was way too serious that ambulance had to convey her to the clinic.

That was where our swearing in ceremony ended........ how do you expect not-so well-fed youths to stand for long hours? Anyways, we were not the only ones that collapsed on parade ground, there were tons of other guys too, but finally we all became gentlemen Corp members!

NEXT DAY

Today was still going to take the usually route, just that we've been assigned different things to do in preparation of the forthcoming competitions.

It's been over three days now since Ogo stopped following us to kitchen for food. E be like say that babe don find her way so.

Today, she came back to the room early, I was even surprised to meet me at such an hour.
Carrying my plate of food, I moved slowly to my bunk and then flashed my eyes towards her direction. She just giggled and asked what they cooked, I frowned and retorted back at her with "what do you care for".....I can't remember the last time you ate from the kitchen, so why do you ask?

She smiled and started raining insults on me, next minute gist started.....

She told me of how the guy she was conversing with the other night wanted to hang out with her, his name Stan.....an ibo guy with good abs.

According to her the guy was cool and had money to spend, so they were literally having three square meal at mami. Couple goals grin

Ah! Now now this babe don hammer......I was happy for her and at the same time sad that she wasn't spending much time with us but it's all good! smiley

Later in the evening, we went out for our normal parades and rehearsals. Volleyball competition was fast approaching and my platoon girls were really bracing up for the D day. Guys were training for football too.

During the rehearsals, I got to mingle more with my platoon people. Collins a graduate from UNN seems to always have numerous questions for me. From being shocked that I could speak igbo to asking why I was usually quite.......lol, who gets to talk when they don't have anything to say? Only a mad person does and I'm not one, reason I barely talked with anyone!

My initial plan before coming to camp was to join a group, red cross or OBS inorder to stay away from crowd but then I heard that the fastest way to making it in life is by building networks and having strong connection...... that's why I have made up my mind to go for all parades and social activities, let me not leave this camp the way I came ! grin grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by SamuelLoch: 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
Merry Christmas, Esyy! Such a vibe! Still following!

1 Like

Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Esyy(f): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2020
SamuelLoch:
Merry Christmas, Esyy!
Such a vibe!
Still following!

Best wishes to you SamuelLoch wink
Re: My NYSC Camp Experience In Akwa Ibom State! by Sinachi100: 8:44pm On Dec 25, 2020
Esyy:

Best wishes to you SamuelLoch wink
Merry Christmas dear
still following

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Brigadier-General Fada Appointed NYSC DG, Resumes Wednesday / Ebonyi Corper Dies 10 Days After A Friend Dreamt About His Death / Cynthia Amarachi Nwawuike: Corper Missing After Boarding Bus From Osun To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.