Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52827 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 12:46pm On Dec 20, 2020
they buggle house not because they are hungry, because every citizen, even if you are employed recieved 70 pounds per week and they also pay for your rent. they also give you loan if you want to go to school. but in niger if thiefs break into you house naa hunger ooo. No body in hungry here, except you finish your govt money in a day. They pay taxes here and you get the benefits. but the few taxes they pay in nigeria. govt don chop am.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2020
Modo9 come back home
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kalusam(m): 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ms Omotayo, I really appreciate your opinion...I guess you just realized these things you wrote here, or did you know before and still moved to Canada? Anyways, now you have realized...I hope you are back to Nigeria for permanent stay already and not visit and go back!
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by AntiNigerian: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
teamsynergy:

No wahala ,, Nigeria is the best country in the world
indeed it's the best country in the world! FOR CRIMINALS ONLY! PABLO ESCOBAR MADE A BIG MISTAKE BY NOT COMING TO LIVE IN THE ZOO! angry
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
i disagree with your points but to touch on the healthcare one

the healthcare here is the best and i'm so thankful for it. i went to the ER last week after feeling sick (i rarely get sick, so this was a first). i did an ECG, blood test, urine test, CT scan, was given an injection and medication and didn't pay a dime.

i remember when a relative of mine had a fever some years ago - we called an ambulance, the Paramedics got to our home in 5mins and took him to the ER where he was taken care of. he had been in Nigeria days earlier and i'm so glad he had left before that happened.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 8:42pm On Dec 23, 2020
the samething happened to me in the uk. i had heart failure with this peunomia. my lungs was blocked. in just 10 min the ambalance arrived. i was on oxygen for 2 weeks.In nigeria, if the same happened to me, i would have been in heaven with awolowo, zik and tafawa balewa. And also something happened in my family some years ago, my daughter got missing, we never knew she was next door, and i was living in a block of flats. In 30 mins, the police got sniffing dogs about 8, sniffing everywhere and the hellicopter was in the sky looking eveywhere. in 15 mins we looked next door my daughter was watching TV with her friend next door. living in a country is not just about money as we always think of in nigeria. We all have to think about security and our health. As rich as our president is, he still comes to the uk for health check. i get it for free with all my 5 kids and wife. in nigeria i would have spent millions.

7 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by 79733139(m): 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
A lot of Nigerians can't understand that emigrating out of Nigeria isn't always about making money.

bull67:
the samething happened to me in the uk. i had heart failure with this peunomia. my lungs was blocked. in just 10 min the ambalance arrived. i was on oxygen for 2 weeks.In nigeria, if the same happened to me, i would have been in heaven with awolowo, zik and tafawa balewa. And also something happened in my family some years ago, my daughter got missing, we never knew she was next door, and i was living in a block of flats. In 30 mins, the police got sniffing dogs about 8, sniffing everywhere and the hellicopter was in the sky looking eveywhere. in 15 mins we looked next door my daughter was watching TV with her friend next door. living in a country is not just about money as we always think of in nigeria. We all have to think about security and our health. As rich as our president is, he still comes to the uk for health check. i get it for free with all my 5 kids and wife. in nigeria i would have spent millions.

Nuyokoi:
i disagree with your points but to touch on the healthcare one

the healthcare here is the best and i'm so thankful for it. i went to the ER last week after feeling sick (i rarely get sick, so this was a first). i did an ECG, blood test, urine test, CT scan, was given an injection and medication and didn't pay a dime.

i remember when a relative of mine had a fever some years ago - we called an ambulance, the Paramedics got to our home in 5mins and took him to the ER where he was taken care of. he had been in Nigeria days earlier and i'm so glad he had left before that happened.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kaybex007:

who is doing well in Nigeria aside those who are committing fraudulent act, do you know how many companies have closed down, relocated, do you know how many business owners have died on due to depression, if business owners are doing good, they won't continue to lay-off staff every time. Naija is not a good place to live except our leaders do the needful. 30 years ago, was depression as rampant as this. it is only when the majority are doing well you can say the country is good, you can't justify the well-being of a whole country through the enjoyment of few. peace be unto you.

@bold:

Please stop saying things you do not know about.

Some people earn in Naira and care for their families in UK, US and Canada.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
dbestuncle:
Lie Lie Mohammed

undecided

Pathetic.

You don't know people doing well in Nigeria outside politics and fraud?
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2021
iv2000:
Dear Modo9, this comparison is inconsequential just as it's titled "Opinion". How can you even compare Nigeria educational system with that of Canada? Do Nigeria have a functional school and yet you scramble overseas for degrees?

Do Nigerians really feel comfortable paying for epileptic so called power? And that's what you enjoyed over in Canada uninterrupted!

Where's the Healthcare system in Nigeria? When you travel out for common check up! It's laughable why make those kind of post in the public.

Imagine a family friend who left Nigeria to Canada as a health practioner within a space of less than a year...Feb 2019- Dec 2020 building a twin duplex of 4 and 5 bedroom in Nigeria! A feat he couldn't achieve all his years of working in a country of his own. Please my dear, things are bad in Nigeria, let's not pretend.

You are doing same thing you are accusing the OP of.

Your family friend is earning in CAD and spending in Naira.

A comparable feat would be the family friend earning in CAD and building duplexes in Canada.

CAD is almost 300 times stronger than the Naira. As a result, there is no basis for comparison. Even if the economy of Canada and Nigeria is same, Canada would win on the basis of money.

Other comparison outside financials would be a more intelligent discussion.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2021
Oyinlade336:
As a matter of fact now Banks are not even ready to diapense cash at the atm anymore, they prefer You use Pos and get the daily charges and monthly target from you, and Your there Telling me words as if you are Drunk while typing.. Nonsense

Yes

I heard most of the POS points are owned by bankers.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
pcguru1:

Its not bad, the roads are tiled, good electricity but the main issue is jobs. I have actually sat down and thought about it, if you can work remotely for an organization, your quality of life would be much saner outside lagos.

True.

Especially if one lives in a state capital.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 12:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
pcguru1:

I won't lie you are quite right...........however having left the country what exists out there is way much more lucrative than here. Besides they are not mutually exclusive. You can be there and still acquire. When I was in Atlanta the amount of business opportunities there just by having a foreign passport is something I cannot ignore. Nigeria you will still be subjected to issue regardless of wealth. My life could be cut short , health is not something I can guarantee. I'll be honest there's better value for life outside. I'm not patriotic so anywhere that pays me is where I'll set my head. My only fear is Westernization to my children. I don't want my kids fed with western ideologies like Homosexuality, Gender identity and all that Liberal madness.

@bold:

Hahahahahaha!

Since anywhere is fine, why don't you look for more conservative societies?

Problem is they are likely to be more racist.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kenn55:

Guy, stop lying to buttress your point.

Nobody collects 1300CAD in Canada a month doing a full time job even if it is cleaning toilet. Minimum wage is $14 per hour. If you are working full time (40 hours a week) cleaning toilets, you will earn 2240 CAD a month before taxes. Most people in those low category of work do overtime or 2 jobs. It won't be surprising seeing that person take up a weekend job where they will work for extra 10 hours over the weekend and make extra money.
Now, people in those category have a very low tax bracket. Canada does not have a flat tax for everyone, it depends on your earnings. In Canada, people keep receipts and record of some things they pay out of pocket like rents, church offerings etc. and at the end of the tax year, you can include those expenses when filing your taxes and you will get some money back from the government as refund. In my first year in Canada, the money i and my wife got back in our tax return from government was enough to buy our second car.

You need to understand a system thoroughly before you make good judgement. Don't rely on hear say or what you read on Nairaland. Some of the information peddled on this forum may not be lies but are half-truths. The thing is that Half-truth is worse than lies.

The person you are talking about may just be working part time or a student who is only expected to work 20 hours a week maximum or there is something else they are not telling you. In reality no permanent resident full time worker will earn just 1300CAD every month. Not mathematically possible.

One thing most of you don't understand is that you don't rate a country based on the rich. The rich in any country Canada and the US included is a small percentage of the entire population and will always be so. You rate a country based on what is available to the lower class, the poor. What services are available to them? What social benefits are available to them? How are the poor treated? etc.

For instance, the poor in Nigeria will not even have the opportunity to do 2 jobs even if they want to. Why? Because the system does not support it. By not having an hourly wage in Nigeria, you have systematically prevented the poor from working in 2 places that would have helped them earn more.

@bold:

Nice, fresh perspective.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bukatyne(f): 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2021
Chioma1989:

Loneliness and boredom there could be killing. I don't know how Nigerian singles are managing over there, especially those that were formerly living in Nigeria with all the activities and suddenly found themselves in one or two rooms basement apartments. When I had my first child, I went alone but the boredom and loneliness complicated my frustration.

On my second coming, I insisted my mum joined me and I felt better. My people, abroad is good but I can't live there permanently. Though I am still hustling with my second hand clothing and shoes, praying God's continue blessing on hubby, na Nigeria sure pass for me but I won't hesitate not to help any relative willing to Japa if that's where his destiny lies. I pray that my relative, who is a practicing nurse here succeed with her UK pursuit. At least, I would have someone over there and be visiting. We are investing on her with a hope of success.grin

@bold:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 7:32pm On Jan 07, 2021
let both countries open their borders for 0ne week without no visa. we go see the country that will nearly get empty.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Originalsly: 7:54pm On Jan 07, 2021
Freestainworld:

When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.

Below.... a bargain!

@ topic...... Nigeria..

...can start any business you want anywhere you want to .. even build a house... squat

... not much enforcement of laws or regulations.

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Ustexas: 9:06pm On Jan 07, 2021
I've live in Nigeria, Canada and USA.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by damoceile: 10:10pm On Jan 07, 2021
So you think all these nonsense will dissuade people like us whose mind is made up from leaving and seeking greener pastures outside Nigeria undecided undecided

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bepositive11: 10:05am On Jan 11, 2021
Princewill1:
You definitely can't compare Canada with Nigeria. But what I dislike about Canada and most Western countries is:

Western countries were designed in a way that the 99% masses will for work for the 1% elites.

The rat race! work in the morning, afternoon and night. They're workforce Nations.

Those of us who ain't good with keeping job routines who prefers owning our businesses rather than work for others. Sees Nigeria as the best place to easily own a business.

Working tirelessly paycheck to paycheck in which the system was designed to take away from you is a no no for me. Majority of Americans and Canadians don't even have up to us$10,000 in their bank accounts.

Canada is good, but that will be a holiday destination.

That's interesting. How did you find out about this? Have you lived there? Do you know anyone living there?
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Lucas4903: 12:10pm On May 06, 2021
bezimo:

My friend shut up there..you have never and don't live in Canada so get lost. Who dash you visa sef, do you even know what inside a plane looks like sef..Nonsense. Look at this nonentithy oh.Nigeria is a useless country and I dont owe your useless life an apology for saying that. I have lived abroad for the past 8 years and I am 1000% sure I am doing far far better than your poverty decorated idiotic life or anyone in your generation and If I say Nigeria is a useless country.
Prove that it is not and I will rescind my position if not shut up and get lost. Be guided because I ain't your mate by any standard. Fool.

How come I am just reading this response? But then u must be a fool to assume that I am not living in Canada and a greater fool to say u aren't my mate by all standard. You are still part of the day to day Nigerians I meet in Canada. You all are just glorified paupers because u don dey collect $800 /$1000 per week so u are nobody's mate. Sorry for yourself. Oga living eight years abroad doesn't make u Lord over anybody. Dey calm down. There are countless people doing extremely well in Nigeria and don't plan to relocate save for the security situation in Nigeria. It's funny how your likes come to an online platform where u don't even know people or who they are or where they are writing from and yet u say u are Lord over them. Sorry ooooo Justin Trudeau. Ode oponu
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Cousin9999: 4:13pm On May 06, 2021
Lucas4903:
You all are just glorified paupers because u don dey collect $800 /$1000 per week

lol My guy, why do you choose violence? lol
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 8:47am On May 07, 2021
our people just day do yanga, for nothing. and thats why we having having problems.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Lucas4903: 12:44pm On Aug 29, 2021
bezimo:

My friend shut up there..you have never and don't live in Canada so get lost. Who dash you visa sef, do you even know what inside a plane looks like sef..Nonsense. Look at this nonentithy oh.Nigeria is a useless country and I dont owe your useless life an apology for saying that. I have lived abroad for the past 8 years and I am 1000% sure I am doing far far better than your poverty decorated idiotic life or anyone in your generation and If I say Nigeria is a useless country..
Prove that it is not and I will rescind my position if not shut up and get lost. Be guided because I ain't your mate by any standard. Fool.

This thing pain this one like this. Glorified paupers. I know ur type. E pain am say nonentity like me fit day for Canada. Sorry for your pains. Slavers, Glorified Paupers. Welcome to abroad...oh u don even dey for 8years. Peleee oooo. Oju Ori Ola ri���
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bezimo(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lucas4903:

This thing pain this one like this. Glorified paupers. I know ur type. E pain am say nonentity like me fit day for Canada. Sorry for your pains. Slavers, Glorified Paupers. Welcome to abroad...oh u don even dey for 8years. Peleee oooo. Oju Ori Ola ri���

Are you ok..because you seem like a mentally challenge case...Gerrahia!
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2021
ha ha ha, naa mental sickness day worry am
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Mcdaniels06: 5:26pm On Sep 04, 2021
My Broda. I Tire o.

You cannot compare an economy where your Spendings for Total consumption is Proportionate to your Total Income, to any economy where as your expenditure increases, your Income does not increase proportionally, instead it keeps declining and declining.

Nomatter how expensive whatever things are In Canada, before you pay it, you would have make X5 of that expenses in Income.

demoBaba:
1. You also forget to compare Nigeria minimum wage with Canada minimum wage.

2. You also forget to mention salary paid per hour in Canada, and total package per month.

3. You also forget to compare unemployment rate in Nigeria, guys are ready to work but there's no work in Nigeria.

4. You also forget to mention insecurity in Nigeria, more than twenty number of arms robbers came to our area yesterday night operate freely.

5. Imagine a student in Canada that's building five bedroom duplex in Nigeria.

6. Them plenty....

If I no japa wetin I gain.

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by 1MILLIONLiGHTS(m): 12:57am On Sep 05, 2021
NIGERIANS love to manipulate and lie to one another. THINGS ARE WORKING FOR YOU doesn't mean NIGERIA IS DOING WELL. Even before you make plans to travel out the person whom have never entered an airport would begin to advice you on how people abroad are suffering.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Is It Really Difficult To Find A Life Partner In US Or Canada? / Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / 3 Yahoo Boys & A Trailer Driver Involved In Accident At Ojodu Berger Road, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.