Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Ctl Rocks For Now - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Ctl Rocks For Now (36839 Views)

Canal Sat, Ctl, Metro And Other Cheap Paytv To Dstv For Watching Sports. / How Much Is Ctl Cable ? / Prices For Various Satellite Technologies Eg Dstv, Startimes, Ctl, Hitv, Fta Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2013
@mecussey are u guys in lagos or plan to come to lagos?

CTl and disc engineèring used to rock lagos years back............... just hop3 u guys will prepare fir and çope with the upsurge in subsçriber§

We need una abeg.

1 Like

Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 11:43am On Oct 08, 2013
pofolo: i went hunting for ctl in ibadan today, and these are my findings...

I started with startime decoder, no show.
Then my old dvt\dtd box for ctl on yagi antenna and discover their signal is active on my old TREND box but didnt get any station,
BUT on adding the DOWN CONVERTER, i was able to get the ctl stations which include 7 jsc sport channels, mbc action, mbc max, cine afr, hitz tv, cnn etc.
However only cnn was showing as all other were all transferred and visible only on AUDIO, just exactly how an mpeg2 decoder will treat an mpeg4 channels.
and thus concluded the dtd i have isnt "up to date" to pick the stations.
i also tried it on strong 4653x ( without down converter)......no way !!.
but with the converter i was able to get just one tp...11842 v 4991 , which yielded no channel after scanning.

plan geting a gotv decoder to test when i return from work today....

update later....

Still on CTL ibadan

Eureka !!!,
Got home 30mins ago, and as promised, I tried geting ctl on Gotv decoder.
Without DOWN CONVERTER, I got just the gotv channels + 4 startimes channels.
However, when I connected the DOWN CONVERTER, I noticed that while scanning, it was picking some channels but was writing "LOCKED" and after scanning I got 8 channels.
TBN, Smile, joytv , cine afrik , hitz tv, 4kids, emmanuel tv and peace tv , some of the local channels on CTL ibadan.

Tired now, will try with 4669x before I sleep.
Pics will be later.
Viva fta !!!

See, this is why I like Lagos, guys try out everything. When I was in Lagos, I try all things but in the east. You have tried alot of things here mehn but let me give you some clue. Your old TrendTv is actually MPEG 2, and Ibadan is running on MPEG 4. You can send it to me with a balance of 7k and I will send you an MPEG 4 or better still go to the office.. gotv and star are all Dvb-t2 and they should be able to get dvb-t if the yaggi is powered with the normal voltage. However, the CA will not allow you to view all the channels.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2013
4llerbuntu: @mecussey are u guys in lagos or plan to come to lagos?

CTl and disc engineèring used to rock lagos years back............... just hop3 u guys will prepare fir and çope with the upsurge in subsçriber§

We need una abeg.

Well, I will let you know soon...
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by judypeng: 10:38am On Oct 12, 2013
DSB-T, DVB-S , DVB-T, gprs dongle, decoder gprs , Decoder satellite

SS7Ni, SS5Ni, SS1, ChO, SS4, SS6, UniCh, NaGeo, AMag, MAct+, SS3Ni, SS3, MPrem, MNetW, HAUSA, YORUB, SS10, MSer, NGwld, AMEnt, AMM1, M D&R, BBC L, CRIME, SCITY, M Fam, MShow, SSHD1, SSHD2, SSHD3, MPrem, MNetW, DisHD, Chann, Style, E !, Al Jazeera Engl, Nick, M Com, Disc, OneG, AMWld, BLITZ, BBC E, CBS R, MStar, BBC K,

* Internet Key Sharing(IKS)through Cell Phone * Insert SIM card.

AZSKY G1+ GPRS adapter

Specification * Open MYTV * Satellite receiver MYTV GPRS dongle G1+ ADAPTER * Internet Key Sharing(IKS)through Cell Phone network * Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system * Used for Pay TV (Multichoice PSAT, CanalSAT, MyTV, HiTV, AI Jazeera Sport,etc.) * Plug and play SIM card support, phone@datatime,TV@nighttime * Fast Key update and channel change speed * Easy tool for APN(Access Point Name) setting and server setting through RS-232 port
* Stronger service compare with SKS dongle ( No risk of signal block)
* Insert your SIM card (which your sim card have GPS/ADSL internet),dongle can start work. * Need work with another normal decoder * Lower cost compare with Ethernet IKS service (No need ADSL, monthly data flew<25MB) Dish

karen
Email: karen.peng@samfong.net

Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by NEROSKY(m): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Please can anyone give me clues about CTL, its functioning in lagos
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:15pm On Oct 23, 2013
NEROSKY: Please can anyone give me clues about CTL, its functioning in lagos

try reading the thread. lipsrsealed
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by NEROSKY(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2013
4llerbuntu:

try reading the thread. lipsrsealed
If you can't give me a direct answer, why don't you directly shun my post You're asking me to read a thread that was opened since 2011
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:12am On Oct 25, 2013
NEROSKY:
If you can't give me a direct answer, why don't you directly shun my post You're asking me to read a thread that was opened since 2011

right on this same page you are asking this question its been asked and answered

pple like u just make life hard for everybody else who really needs help
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by Piyke: 4:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oga mecussey and all the Gurus, I currently have CTL with the usual antenna but it freezes a lot lately. Adjusting the antenna position only relieves the cracking temporarily.
I also happen to have a 60cm multiTV dish. Can I use this dish to track CTL (in combination with my CTL (trend) decoder). Will this reduce the freezing?
I am in Owerri. Thanks in advance
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2013
piyke...in Owerri, the signal was recently boosted a whole lot. Incase if you stay at ikenegbu or World bank area, you may have to remove the gain to limit interference and strong signal.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by Piyke: 9:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
mecussey: piyke...in Owerri, the signal was recently boosted a whole lot. Incase if you stay at ikenegbu or World bank area, you may have to remove the gain to limit interference and strong signal.

How do I do this?
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 12:46pm On Nov 05, 2013
Turn the almunium pointer anti clockwise and it will detach from the head.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mclechelle: 7:39am On Nov 23, 2014
Na wa oo
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mario55(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please how can I get the CI PIN for my CTL decoder?

I just switched on my TV only to find the instruction "ENTER YOUR CI PIN" on my screen.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mario55(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2015
How can I get CA PIN to unlock my decoder?
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mario55(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2015
Please how can I get the CA PIN for my CTL decoder?

I just switched on my TV only to find the instruction "ENTER YOUR CA PIN" on my screen.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by tonididdy(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2015
mario55:
Please how can I get the CA PIN for my CTL decoder?

I just switched on my TV only to find the instruction "ENTER YOUR CA PIN" on my screen.
check yor card
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mclechelle: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
Piyke:
Oga mecussey and all the Gurus, I currently have CTL with the usual antenna but it freezes a lot lately. Adjusting the antenna position only relieves the cracking temporarily.
I also happen to have a 60cm multiTV dish. Can I use this dish to track CTL (in combination with my CTL (trend) decoder). Will this reduce the freezing?
I am in Owerri. Thanks in advance
impossible in Uyo but yes in Aba
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 12:13am On Sep 08, 2015
mclechelle:
impossible in Uyo but yes in Aba

Yes you can use a dish to track ctl if you can locate the focal lenght with the downconverter. The freezing you are experiencing could be reduced to zero with a very good down converter anyway.
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by LADEMINUS: 12:05am On Jan 14, 2016
I got a ctl 5 days ago and till now I have no channels and no viewing despite getting assurances from d dealer plus all d calls to thier customer care to activate it. I must say sometimes I dnt blame d dstv diehards. But pls can someone help with how to configure d decoder and set it up?
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by SlyCharlie(m): 12:12pm On Jan 19, 2016
LADEMINUS:
I got a ctl 5 days ago and till now I have no channels and no viewing despite getting assurances from d dealer plus all d calls to thier customer care to activate it. I must say sometimes I dnt blame d dstv diehards. But pls can someone help with how to configure d decoder and set it up?
Location please??
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by aham316: 4:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
Bros I have been trying to scan CTL channels wit qsat28g. but no show. though i got it with my startimes decoder. with same california antenna and downconverter. Is seems there is something am not doing right on the qsat. though each time i scan, i get gotv and startimes channels without the downconverter, but once i plug it, the strtimes go off signal but the govt channels remain though with no signal.Please assist me bro. i know you always have something.. wink
I started with startime decoder, no show.
Then my old dvt\dtd box for ctl on yagi antenna and discover their signal is active on my old TREND box but didnt get any station,
BUT on adding the DOWN CONVERTER, i was able to get the ctl stations which include 7 jsc sport channels, mbc action, mbc max, cine afr, hitz tv, cnn etc.
However only cnn was showing as all other were all transferred and visible only on AUDIO, just exactly how an mpeg2 decoder will treat an mpeg4 channels.
and thus concluded the dtd i have isnt "up to date" to pick the stations.
i also tried it on strong 4653x ( without down converter)......no way !!.
but with the converter i was able to get just one tp...11842 v 4991 , which yielded no channel after scanning.

plan geting a gotv decoder to test when i return from work today....

update later....

Still on CTL ibadan

Eureka !!!,
Got home 30mins ago, and as promised, I tried geting ctl on Gotv decoder.
Without DOWN CONVERTER, I got just the gotv channels + 4 startimes channels.
However, when I connected the DOWN CONVERTER, I noticed that while scanning, it was picking some channels but was writing "LOCKED" and after scanning I got 8 channels.
TBN, Smile, joytv , cine afrik , hitz tv, 4kids, emmanuel tv and peace tv , some of the local channels on CTL ibadan.

Tired now, will try with 4669x before I sleep.
Pics will be later.
Viva fta !!![/quote]
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by aham316: 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
@Pfolo and Meccussy,

Guys i need your help to scan CTL channels on qsat28g. Kindly assist. @ meccussy am in owerri you can send me a mail at ahamefulea@gmail.com or better stil drop ur number lets have a chat.

See, this is why I like Lagos, guys try out everything. When I was in Lagos, I try all things but in the east. You have tried alot of things here mehn but let me give you some clue. Your old TrendTv is actually MPEG 2, and Ibadan is running on MPEG 4. You can send it to me with a balance of 7k and I will send you an MPEG 4 or better still go to the office.. gotv and star are all Dvb-t2 and they should be able to get dvb-t if the yaggi is powered with the normal voltage. However, the CA will not allow you to view all the channels. [/quote]
Re: Ctl Rocks For Now by mecussey(m): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
aham316:
@Pfolo and Meccussy,

Guys i need your help to scan CTL channels on qsat28g. Kindly assist. @ meccussy am in owerri you can send me a mail at ahamefulea@gmail.com or better stil drop ur number lets have a chat.

See, this is why I like Lagos, guys try out everything. When I was in Lagos, I try all things but in the east. You have tried alot of things here mehn but let me give you some clue. Your old TrendTv is actually MPEG 2, and Ibadan is running on MPEG 4. You can send it to me with a balance of 7k and I will send you an MPEG 4 or better still go to the office.. gotv and star are all Dvb-t2 and they should be able to get dvb-t if the yaggi is powered with the normal voltage. However, the CA will not allow you to view all the channels.

Qsat is a satellite decoder, but if its DTT Combo, then scan with a downconverter, purchase a ctl smartcard and start viewing. Locate the terrestrial RF input and use a downconverter on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Redline Satellite Receivers / 68.5 Degree East Or Pass 7/10 / How To Unlock All Dstv Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.