Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules (22587 Views)

Ondo: Fulani Flout Anti-open Grazing Law As Cow Attacks, Injures Motorcyclist, / Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging / Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Bobbyfreshh(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
BigBrother9ja:

This that one can use app to do for free is what i should pay 1k for

1k kee u diar

grin grin grin

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by sukieboy(f): 8:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
The deputy gov did one way on my street today and almost 8 private cars joined them. Is the Gov or government officials above the law? A few Sundays ago Baba GO did one way too around Ebutte Meta, have they auctioned the Range Rover SUV he used?

One law for the people and another for the elites ?

2 Likes

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Originalsly: 8:08pm On Dec 15, 2020
Most people comply with traffic laws abroad because of consistent enforcement. Laws are made... amended when necessary... but always enforced. The consequences are clear... some people take the risks. Traffic violators bring in millions each year to city coffers. I support the seizure and sale of these vehicles.... in time they will all obey the laws just like other cities. On beating traffic guys.... they simply need to make it a felony.... hit a traffic guy... mandatory imprisonment. More violators more money for Lagos... hopefully more jobs better services... a better city.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by BabaIbo: 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
Story story, they should apply a reasonable method, instead of the scandalous auctioning if vehicles.

Fine them heavily iand sieze the car until they pay the fine, it will be more effective than auctioning of people's cars.

Some will still go behind and pay little money to get their cars during the auction.

1 Like

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by jaxxy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
A government that has lost its credibility. Before u demand people obey laws u must be seen as responsible to the people and then a keeper of the law urself. This is not a dictatorship. undecided

U have horrible roads and a lawless government and then demand people be law abiding Leadership is by example.

Lagos state is currently a highly disorganized state.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by SEGLIZ: 8:20pm On Dec 15, 2020
southniyikaye:
Traffic in 7 states combined no reach Lagos traffic..
With the amount of money generated yearly in Lagos, putting intersection bridges at strategic location would have been the best option but instead, some people prefer to loot and reloot the resources and put them in bullion vans and keep repairing the bridge(third mainland) they didn't construct yearly..
If some people don't have the foresight to construct such bridges, where will they see what they are repairing today...
Na to dey jump up and down like frog dem Sabi, putting their ambitions over people's welfare and well-being

@southniyikaye, you really spoke well but those confusion bridge is another thing o. with the load of confusion betiding lagosians to come give them confusion bridge join might be wicked.
that last one tried a bit but the rest is adding to lagosians wahala o.gringringrin
those idiots would rather waste funds from our resources and tax payers funds traveling oversea to use these nice facilities than put it here for all to use. very gullible, greedy and stingy set of things.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
185five:
[s][/s]
how he dey do you? Tell me maybe I can help u
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by King44(m): 8:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Why would you AUCTION people's cars, is that not MADNESS and abuse of power? The outrageous fines for Lagos traffic laws violations are they not enough, yet you start auctioning people's cars that you did not buy or contribute for them to buy it. This is another Sanwo Olu policy I will never ever support. It is wrong, completely wrong. You can't just be usurping people's properties for a NON - CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Traffic violations or crimes like one way, no seat belt, over speeding etc is a misdemeanor offense or infraction. It is a traffic offense like Hit and Run, hit and kill murder etc that is CLASSIFIED as a felony. In the abroad that he mentioned, do they arbitrarily seize and auction people's cars for traffic misdemeanors? No way! It's only in NIGERIA that these useless govts turn everything upside down. In Canada, no single traffic violation code even falls under the criminal offenses. Nawa for this useless country oh. The Judiciary is practically dead, otherwise they should be defending the public from this type of terrible abuse of power.
why would you deldelibrately break law, if na me be sanwo Olu once you have been warned severally and you keep breaking traffic laws if I gbab you car na junk yard e dey go, it would be dismantled and sold as scrap.

But sanwo don lost my respect as the man no get mind of hin own, he is a muppet
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Gabbriell: 8:28pm On Dec 15, 2020
Tools4sale:
Most All lagosians no dey hear word!!!
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by calberian: 8:30pm On Dec 15, 2020
Government officials and so-called law enforcement agents also flout these same laws and NOTHING happens to them so please let’s just be enjoying this democracy the way it is and not ruffle any feathers unnecessarily by trying to make folks look worse than they really are.

In the picture, taken in the evening on Monday, December 14, 2020, Lagos state government marked vehicles and a Police Van can be seen clearly driving on one-way traffic, obstructing oncoming right-of-way traffic at Iponri bustop, Surulere.

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Excuzeme: 8:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
Because the Nigerian government has failed to realize the age old law , fear doesn't work neither does oppression.

Force only works for a short time

Reorientation is best and Democratic practices

In all these, the Govt itself, must live by example!
When Govt Officials put MOPOL in front or when Security Officers themselves drive against Traffic, with siren blaring, why should the citizens not emulate them?

Lagos Governor does not understand that people driving one-way (I dont support it in anyway though) is not just because they stubborn but at times, it is out of frustration, after standing in traffic for hours.
Some people spend more of their life in Lagos traffic, than they spend in their house of place of work.

Instead of the Govt to sit down and think of how to eliminate these traffic bottle-necks, expand the road network (especially by repairing street roads so that people have alternative route to negotiate to their houses, instead of everyone being on that major road!), lining road-lanes to improve driving and reduce collisions, etc, the Govt just keeps increasing its harshness and threats on the people.
One day, the people will say "Enough is enough, how many you go kill"? That is when the real trouble and anarchy sets-in.

The 4th Mainland Bridge which should have taken at least 40% of traffic off the Lagos Central/mainland/Island axis, has been on the drawing board for decades, all you would hear is that they are signing MOU, after MOU and the next MOU, looting money at each stage, since when Tinubu has been Governor in 1999!. angry angry
Build the damn 4M Bridge, toll it an affordable amount and dont give the tolling to Tinubu or any of his sons/companies. undecided
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
Dozis:
Lagos is on huge mental asylum.
Na only me normal for Lagos like this

Werey
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by King44(m): 8:32pm On Dec 15, 2020
jaxxy:
A government that has lost its credibility. Before u demand people obey laws u must be seen as responsible to the people and then a keeper of the law urself. This is not a dictatorship. undecided

U have horrible roads and a lawless government and then demand people be law abiding Leadership is by example.

Lagos state is currently a highly disorganized state.
extremely disorganized, it was bearable and manageable when fashola was there though.

I wonder if there is no gvt with brains who construct innovative road above the ground level that would ease traffic, the ground level is congested already
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by COMPAQ(m): 8:33pm On Dec 15, 2020
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/despite-auctioning-vehicles-many-lagosians-still-deliberately-flout-traffic-regulations-commissioner/

I’m sure the deputy governor forgave him and let him go. That’s one of our problems. Even as leaders we are not disciplined enough to enforce the laws and regulations we put up. If na me as the guy is begging I just walk away and tell the officers to arrest him and impound the car. No time for begging.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by King44(m): 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
calberian:
Government officials and so-called law enforcement agents also flout these same laws and NOTHING happens to them so please let’s just be enjoying this democracy the way it is and not ruffle any feathers unnecessarily by trying to make folks look worse than they really are.
no good examples
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by olatuns2017: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:

Everyone gather here
Read what someone's son wrote
Son of a man
Kai
[img]https://media1./images/17fb59b59b74ca8437d4f850c2dfe02f/tenor.gif?itemid=5027623[/img]

Yea U bitch
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by tete7000(m): 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
Is there a law that backs auctioning of people's vehicles? You cannot use lawlessness to cure lawlessness. A govt that recourse to taking illegitimate action is not better than the people who refuse to obey his laws.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
When will they auction off the danfo buses?
Jokers
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by KingUg(m): 8:37pm On Dec 15, 2020
texazzpete:
Why won’t it continue, when this is an insincere effort from the state government?

Is the aim truly to stop one way driving? Or just to make more revenue from fines and punishment?

Have we determined that all One-way roads are properly marked? Has the government done enough to sensitize the public when existing roads are converted to one-way roads? Are signs in plain sight? Have we started punishing Lastma officials that deliberately funnel people into driving one way so their colleagues in front can seize them?
Has the lagos state Government reached out to Google to ensure Google maps properly captures new One way roads? Or roads where their designation has been recently changed?

Check well, you’ll find that most of these things haven’t been done. And hapless drivers keep falling into these ‘traps’ everyday.
bro you know Lagos very well some of those lastma guys are crooks they purposely mislead you so as to fall into the trap of the other ones waiting at the other end of the road
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by descartes400: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Why would you AUCTION people's cars, is that not MADNESS and abuse of power? The outrageous fines for Lagos traffic laws violations are they not enough, yet you start auctioning people's cars that you did not buy or contribute for them to buy it. This is another Sanwo Olu policy I will never ever support. It is wrong, completely wrong. You can't just be usurping people's properties for a NON - CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Traffic violations or crimes like one way, no seat belt, over speeding etc is a misdemeanor offense or infraction. It is a traffic offense like Hit and Run, hit and kill murder etc that is CLASSIFIED as a felony. In the abroad that he mentioned, do they arbitrarily seize and auction people's cars for traffic misdemeanors? No way! It's only in NIGERIA that these useless govts turn everything upside down. In Canada, no single traffic violation code even falls under the criminal offenses. Nawa for this useless country oh. The Judiciary is practically dead, otherwise they should be defending the public from this type of terrible abuse of power.

I tire. And no lawyer is challenging this ooh. Where are the falz, 2face, the nollywood yeyebrities and Co.?

When you auction people's vehicles over flimsy traffic regulations, tell me why the people will not destroy government properties when the opportunity presents itself eg, the present Endsars protest.

1 Like

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by onoja12: 8:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
you never see fear, Nigeria have gotten use to lawlessness, in Abacha time you line up for bus without anybody telling you.

EdoFirstBorn:
Because the Nigerian government has failed to realize the age old law , fear doesn't work neither does oppression.

Force only works for a short time

Reorientation is best and Democratic practices

[img]https://media1./images/c1bbaf1dd4705bd3dd448f20d2ba056e/tenor.gif?itemid=5105574[/img]
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Excuzeme: 8:49pm On Dec 15, 2020
Hotzone:
I prefer Abuja and Enugu compared to Lagos

Aside terrorism, I prefer a northerner to a westerner, the latter sucks with their gbatigbati accent!?!

Another dolt on the loose. angry
Product of Potopoto Republic. grin grin

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Excuzeme: 8:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
onoja12:
you never see fear, Nigeria have gotten use to lawlessness, in Abacha time you line up for bus without anybody telling you.

Naah, that was during Buhari/Idiagbon regime (1983-1985).
Abacha nor send, Baba is always h-i-g-h on Drugs from 11am till 7pm grin

2 Likes

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by onoja12: 8:55pm On Dec 15, 2020
which Abacha are you talking, drugs?? Nigerians and fabrications

Excuzeme:

Naah, that was during Buhari/Idiagbon regime (1983-1985).
Abacha nor send, Baba is always h-i-g-h on Drugs from 11am till 7pm grin
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by MiQui: 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by vicdon(m): 9:00pm On Dec 15, 2020
femijay8271:
Shey u no-no say na werey pipu dey stay for Lagos? even the present gov was once a .... lipsrsealed

Abeg send me your phone number, full name and house address, i wan send delivery man make him bring bag of rice for you
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Charly68: 9:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Eko and disorderliness are like 5 ,and 6
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by afadi2410: 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
Openbusiness:
Why would you AUCTION people's cars, is that not MADNESS and abuse of power? The outrageous fines for Lagos traffic laws violations are they not enough, yet you start auctioning people's cars that you did not buy or contribute for them to buy it. This is another Sanwo Olu policy I will never ever support. It is wrong, completely wrong. You can't just be usurping people's properties for a NON - CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Traffic violations or crimes like one way, no seat belt, over speeding etc is a misdemeanor offense or infraction. It is a traffic offense like Hit and Run, hit and kill murder etc that is CLASSIFIED as a felony. In the abroad that he mentioned, do they arbitrarily seize and auction people's cars for traffic misdemeanors? No way! It's only in NIGERIA that these useless govts turn everything upside down. In Canada, no single traffic violation code even falls under the criminal offenses. Nawa for this useless country oh. The Judiciary is practically dead, . they should be defending the public from this type of terrible abuse of power.
. T. Twice I have seen cars plying one way kill pedestrians in Sangotedo area of Ibeju lekki.If they were people close to you,will you still be singing same tune?
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by hisexcellency34: 9:14pm On Dec 15, 2020
Lagos needs a no nonsense man like Fashola

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Dozis: 9:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
Pharaoh4rin:

Werey
Same to you

1 Like

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by pocohantas(f): 9:41pm On Dec 15, 2020
afadi2410:
. T. Twice I have seen cars plying one way kill pedestrians in Sangotedo area of Ibeju lekki.If they were people close to you,will you still be singing same tune?

People don’t understand the danger of one way driving. I never did until a car almost knocked me down where he was driving one way.

Of course I didn’t expect a car to be coming from the opposite direction on a dualized road. Next thing I heard was someone blasting a horn, I turned and saw this big SUV coming towards me. I was shocked and didn’t even know if I should go forward or backwards. I got away with a sprained ankle. Some others were not that lucky.

It is very wrong. If I am in your car and you drive one way, I immediately lose respect for you. Only a mad person does that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun Government Splashes N260M On Cars For Lawmakers, Despite Owing Pensioners / Bandits Attack Fulani In Anka, Zamfara State / Wike And I Will Work For Pdp’s Victory – Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.