Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules (22592 Views)

Ondo: Fulani Flout Anti-open Grazing Law As Cow Attacks, Injures Motorcyclist, / Oyo State Beggars Flout Government's Order, Return To Street Begging / Malami: FG Not After Twitter Users, But Those Aiding Twitter To Flout Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by iamJ(m): 9:58pm On Dec 15, 2020
It's not automatic, it takes time
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by niyidenrele: 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
Because the Nigerian government has failed to realize the age old law , fear doesn't work neither does oppression.

Force only works for a short time

Reorientation is best and Democratic practices

[img]https://media1./images/c1bbaf1dd4705bd3dd448f20d2ba056e/tenor.gif?itemid=5105574[/img]
have you taken your time to read, 48 laws of power?.. where it is clearly stated that, between love and fear, fear works better, but for your information, Brainwashing is the best out of all
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by afroxyz: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
When the auction cars from a politicians convoy then we would take them serious
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by soojar(m): 12:18am On Dec 16, 2020
Nazgul:
They have to survive. Most of them are just hussling to make ends meet. It's very bad to punish them that way.

Hustling is what is making you to drive against traffic? seriously??
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by shoprite: 1:05am On Dec 16, 2020
Dozis:
Lagos is on huge mental asylum.
Na only me normal for Lagos like this

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by vioment: 1:53am On Dec 16, 2020
Auctioning peoples cars without waiting for some time, I would say like 3 years. Is kind of inhumane.

The goal of penalizing people is not to cause immediate and long term hardship. It is to give immediate and short term lesson and not long term hardship, even though it can lead to it.

The penalizing process has to be planned. I don't want to start giving ideas, but this idea that oga sanwo is implementing is done in many developed world, only in a more organized and less chaotic fashion.

Our leaders like to act out of excitement at the moment the idea is revealed to them, most times, without any think through, and how it can be adapted to the society they are living in. This attitude shows immaturity in leadership. Many of our leaders are in this category. There is room to grow though.

By now, the process from seizure to payment to release or further withholding, should be constantly explained for three weeks or more by the PR people; and also, by the online people.

We can implement things and make it orderly. It is not rocket science, even though it is social engineering.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Openbusiness: 2:11am On Dec 16, 2020
afadi2410:
. T. Twice I have seen cars plying one way kill pedestrians in Sangotedo area of Ibeju lekki.If they were people close to you,will you still be singing same tune?

You drive one way, you kill someone = felony
you drive normal way, you kill someone = felony

So whether you drive one way or normal way, if you kill someone while driving, that's a criminal offense or violent crime. BUT

you drive one way = misdemeanor

You should get a FINE, or TICKET. Auctioning someone's car because of this = ABUSE OF POWER = ILLEGALITY = MADNESS = Govt Dictatorship

1 Like

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Openbusiness: 2:14am On Dec 16, 2020
This rubbish LASG is doing, if you sue them to a Federal Court, they will LOSE and the Court will uphold Citizen's Right, all things being equal.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Openbusiness: 4:57am On Dec 16, 2020
King44:
why would you deldelibrately break law, if na me be sanwo Olu once you have been warned severally and you keep breaking traffic laws if I gbab you car na junk yard e dey go, it would be dismantled and sold as scrap.

But sanwo don lost my respect as the man no get mind of hin own, he is a muppet
https://www.nairaland.com/6316407/open-letter-lasg-opinion-how#97111465
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Pablo47(m): 6:38am On Dec 16, 2020
As long as traffic enforcement officers in Lagos collect money from vehicles instead of controlling traffic, only few will always be punished but the problem will still persists. Places meant for vehicles to pass are turned to market under the watch of policemen, lastma officials and neighbourhood Watch corps.
Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by PqsMike: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2020
Openbusiness:
Why would you AUCTION people's cars, is that not MADNESS and abuse of power? The outrageous fines for Lagos traffic laws violations are they not enough, yet you start auctioning people's cars that you did not buy or contribute for them to buy it. This is another Sanwo Olu policy I will never ever support. It is wrong, completely wrong. You can't just be usurping people's properties for a NON - CRIMINAL OFFENSE. Traffic violations or crimes like one way, no seat belt, over speeding etc is a misdemeanor offense or infraction. It is a traffic offense like Hit and Run, hit and kill murder etc that is CLASSIFIED as a felony. In the abroad that he mentioned, do they arbitrarily seize and auction people's cars for traffic misdemeanors? No way! It's only in NIGERIA that these useless govts turn everything upside down. In Canada, no single traffic violation code even falls under the criminal offenses. Nawa for this useless country oh. The Judiciary is practically dead, otherwise they should be defending the public from this type of terrible abuse of power.

You have spoken well

1 Like

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by Offpoint1: 8:08am On Dec 16, 2020
Dozis:
Lagos is on huge mental asylum. Na only me normal for Lagos like this
You sure?

Re: Despite Auctioning Vehicles, Lagosians Still Deliberately Flout Traffic Rules by femijay8271(m): 9:45am On Dec 16, 2020
vicdon:

Abeg send me your phone number, full name and house address, i wan send delivery man make him bring bag of rice for you

boss dis ur offer sweet me for Belle grin but
I dey fear our Hong konga dss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHCN (NEPA) Service Charge On Prepaid Meter / Peter Obi: I Will Change Northern Nigeria Through Agric / 'Temper Justice With Mercy': House Of Reps Write UK Govt Over The Ekweremadus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.