Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation (34081 Views)

NNPC Backs Tinubu On Fuel Subsidy Removal, Says No Need For Panic Buying (Video) / Hanan Buhari Denies Ordering DSS To Arrest, Detain Okolie Over SIM / Anthony Okolie Sues Hanan Buhari, DSS, Over SIM Card, Demands N500 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by SamuelOamen: 11:48am On Dec 17, 2020
The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Thursday said that there is no cause for panic regarding the two weeks deadline for deactivation of Subscribers Identity Module (SIM) cards that are not linked with users' National Identity Number (NIN).

The Commission explained that adequate arrangements have been made to capture the data of 200 million Nigerians within the next five years.

It added that the steps taken so far to ensure that all subscribers have NIN in their SIM cards are meant to address the security challenges facing the country.

The commission also said the telecommunication operators would be involved in the exercise .

The spokesman of NIMC, Mr. Kayode Adegoke told The Nation that government has approved licensing of over 200 institutions to carry out enrolment " of Nigerians and legal residents into the National Identity Database (NIDB) on behalf of the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC)."

Adegoke said the initiative was aimed at addressing the bottlenecks associated with the capturing of citizens data by NIMC.

He added that the method would increase the enrolment centres from the current 1000 to 10000 across the country.

He said the NIMC is desirous of scaling up its assignment to regulatory functions after the completion of the exercise.

Adegoke however explained in a statement that the licensed agents were approved after successfully fulfilling all the conditions in the advertised Expression of Interest (EOI) which was done in 2019 as a first step towards the take off the National Digital Identity Ecosystem project.

He said the breakdown of the successful licensees shows that 16 state governments were licensed, including Abia, Akwa Ibom, Gombe, Lagos, Kaduna, Katsina, Kano, Oyo, Ogun, Sokoto and Zamfara states.

"The public sector institutions licensed are the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), National Pension Commission, Central Bank of Nigeria (through the Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement Systems Plc), National Population Commission, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Joint Tax Board and Nigeria Postal Services," he added.
https://thenationonlineng.net/nimc-no-cause-for-panic-over-sim-card-deactivation/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Fahdiga(m): 11:50am On Dec 17, 2020
Useless and redundant agency. I'm yet to get my permanent identification card since 2014 and you are here yapping just to make it look like you are working.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by doggedfighter(f): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2020
Talk is cheap

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Fvckhypocrite(f): 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
Pantami or patalhaja

U wan make we swear for you?

Cho cho cho cho cho everytime no result ahn ahn

30 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by RedPanthar: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
K

FORUM THAT HATES CHRISTIANS AND EVERYTHING THAT'S ASSOCIATED WITH CHRISTIANITY

FELLOW CHRISTIANS PLEASE HELP US ASK THE MODS WHAT THE JUSTIFICATION IS BEHIND BANNING RIGHTEOUSNESS89 FOR 10 YEARS

TOMORROW THE GOVERNMENT WILL BE ATTACKED WHEN THE CITIZENS ARE DEVILS THEMSELVES.

IF IT'S PUSHING TEN MILLION THREADS ON ISLAM TO FRONT PAGE ON FRIDAYS EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF MORE IMPORTANT INFORMATION THEY WON'T HESITATE

I DARE THE MODS TO PROVIDE LEGITIMATE REASONS

108 Likes 12 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by EyezofGod120: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
grin Ogun kee una

3 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Nobody: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
thanks.. but didn't see any tangible information here now... but I would like this kinda security improvement continues , this will somehow decrease crime rate but never eradicate it completely because some evil people can also use others identity through sim to cause nuisance in the society

3 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Eriggs: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thank you!
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by islamicpenis: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
smileyU
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
The Commission explained that adequate arrangements have been made to capture the data of 200 million Nigerians within the next five years.

It added that the steps taken so far to ensure that all subscribers have NIN in their SIM cards are meant to address the security challenges facing the country.

Way to a great nation.
This is how the sane countries we want to emulate as a nation start to build their countries to a sane society they are today

This should have been in force since 2001 when GSM came into the country and around the time when democracy returned to our darling country.

Anyways, o ba ni, ko baje!
Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great again.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by sylve11: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
If dogs are governing a country, what can you hear every day other than horrible barking noises? embarassed cool

1 Like

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Odobaone: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
Their relevance will end in 2023 with this bad government.

You register Sim, National ID, BVN still Herdsmen no dey stop

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by BHUHARiE: 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
WHAT ARE THEY SAYING
MTCWWWWWW

EVERY ONE THEY TALK HIN RUBBISH

3 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by MosayA: 12:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Yeye government. If kidnapping and banditry no give us panic again, na this one go give us Panic?

1 Like

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Awoo88: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
The most useless government agency in Nigeria. What is delaying the production of the card??

3 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Rikidony(m): 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
nonsense, NIMC is one of the most corrupt institution in this country, i went to do mine last year in other to settle some bank issues, all i got was bvn error, after daily visits one of the employee ask me to bring 2k or else they wont settle my issue, as a patriotic Nigerian i refuse to bribe them, went straight to INEC office and get my PVC, in which i use to settle my issues, sadly i later lost the PVC, and after lots of pressure from me, i finally gat my NIN printout last month.

Although them say make i come collect the coloured printout next year. angry angry

7 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Ratedgang: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
[s][/s]
post=97158202:

Way to a great nation.
This should have been in force since 2001 when GSM came into the country and around the time when democracy returned to our darling country.
Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great again.
This is how the sane countries we want to emulate started.

1 Like

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Tangiblehandwork: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
That's good
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Whoknowsme: 12:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
Abi them wan use am dey checkmate wetin people they yarn for social media?
Useless govt that pretends to work when actually they're not doing anything

4 Likes

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
post=97158202:
[s]

Way to a great nation.
This is how the sane countries we want to emulate as a nation start to build their countries to a sane society they are today

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great again.[/s]
Go back to that hole you crawled out from.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by robosky02(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Daft.....

1 Like

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Eriggs: 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
Chii59:
Go back to that hole you crawled out from.
U neva hear?
Dem MANNA talk say d anointing wey dem carry no be una Papa mate... and u still get mouth to yarn. U no get shame o. Make hatred no kill u b4 d year end sha. Na prayer i pray for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by nelxxy(m): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
smh
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by candidbabe(f): 12:37pm On Dec 17, 2020
nonsense
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by sheDD(m): 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
Who takes any talk from Nigerian agencies serious these days??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
news
Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by MaziIgwe007: 12:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
This government dey very funny, make them block am, I no dey do anything

1 Like

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by chuzzyofficiall: 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
but why can't we automate things in this country and save citizens unnecessary queuing and all the stress involved with analogue approaches?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC: No Cause For Panic Over SIM Card Deactivation by visijo(m): 12:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nigerians don't eat breakfast on Christmas day, we starve until the main food is ready�

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport / Supreme Court Adjourns Hearing Of Ihedioha’s Case To March 2, 2020 / APC Warns Against Insulting Buhari, Government Officials - Premiumtimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.