Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,541 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi (13398 Views)

Segun Showunmi: Lose Akeredolu If You Will, But Do Not Push Ondo To 1983 / Atiku’s Spokesman, Segun Showunmi Concedes Defeat / Buhari At Campaign Rally For Bauchi South Senatorial Bye Election (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by AnonPoet: 2:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Segun Showunmi

Happy Birthday Mr. President.

As I reflected on what to write,
my heart became enveloped by empathy towards you, and all anger dissolved for I am reminded of how difficult the times are, and the challenges we face as a nation, especially you our President at this time.

I want to, on your behalf, thank Almighty Allah. Indeed, we cannot despise any of Allah’s favours, especially given how he has kept you alive and put you in charge of Africa’s most populous country.

Mr President, I give you credit for the effort at infrastructural development in the country, the ongoing rail modernisation projects, the second Niger bridge, the Mambila hydroelectric project, and the Siemens power project to mention a few.

I commend you for this, for I am not unmindful of how difficult it is to get anything done in our country because of the attitude of our people towards corrupt personal enrichment. One who does not recognise effort can not see faults. To pretend to see challenges is to run the risk of coming across as hateful, insincere and naive. May the projects all come together for the benefit of our people.

Mr President, please note that you are not doing as well as I would have liked with communicating and connecting with our people. I want you to work on this for a misunderstood leader can cause grave consequences, especially in a multi-ethnic country like ours with attendant implications on national cohesion, peace, forbearance and stability, all of which are needed when the global outlook is dire.

Mr President, it is time to plan succession, and by this, I do not mean power transfer within your party. I mean looking at the country and determining who and those that must take the reign for the work to be done is serious. Nigeria can not sustain its future on the supposed generosity of other countries in the West, China or the Arab world.

We must become reasonably self-sufficient people. To do this, we need far more honest leaders whose hearts beat for our country and its progress. I dare say it will be most unfortunate to narrow your searchlight only to those around you. Look broader, farther and more deliberately. National Unity and Cohesion are critical, for we must have a country at peace with itself for us to have meaningful development.

I am a little worried about your legacy. Often, I find that deep in my heart, I get a sense that those around are not as mindful of their actions as they ought to be. Given the huge sacrifice I suspect you are making, it is way too difficult to find a positive narrative about our country these days that one is bound to ask: is the president not bothered about how things are?

On the anti-terrorism war, dear President, our military can do with new inspiration, which can only come from the top. I do not pretend to know why you are unwilling to get new hands in charge of our Armed Forces, but you may need to consider this: are any of our officers indispensable to the extent that no one within the system can do their jobs? You are the Commander in Chief; do think about this.

Mr President, it is time for you to expand the dragnet of where you get inspiration by reaching out to other critical stakeholders in the country, especially Atiku Abubakar. For whatever it is worth, he contested the last election with you. I believe the greater good of the country will be served if you both work together to get our country out of the financial mess we are in.

Sometimes, ideological differences need not be elevated to enmity within brothers.
It is time to look at your cabinet and rejig it to energise your process towards a wrap-up and a passing of the baton.

Happy Birthday once again. May God bless Nigeria.
https://www.facebook.com/715462527/posts/10158776531067528/?d=n

4 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by donbachi(m): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Ordinary giveaway him no fit do youths on his birthday.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Samsimple(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
only one word "RESIGN"

check my signature

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by dredd12: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
donbachi:
Ordinary giveaway him no fit do youths on his birthday.
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
the man that send message to the president is an he-goat
whether he should have reminded the Oldman the crisis we facing nowadays as he didn't heed to the youth protest (ENDSARS)... he can't experience hunger cus his children are cruising in millions monthly.... it's only God that will judge sha

7 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Danisaint112(m): 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is he saying? Stop wasting his time advising him, he never listens.

I WILL GIVE YOU PAYPAL WORTH 10,000 PLUS OTHER BONUSES WORTH 183,000 FOR 5,000 NAIRA ONLY (AS CHRISTMAS GIFT)

Click on the link to send me a message on Facebook ==> https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?refid=8&ref=opera_speed_dial_freefb&refsrc&_rdr

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
angry
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Gwagone: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Happy birthday bubu

Did you order the killings of the #ENDSARS protesters?

I wish you all that happened in 2020

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by bigdammyj: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Noted
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Olarewaju89: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
What a day!

Rubbish undecided

Empty barrel, nothing dey this bubu head undecided

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by ipobarethieves: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
sad
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by inoki247: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
Oga President du Birthday Giveaway now...

Even if na some of your Cow we no mind...
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Duru9(m): 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
The day I carried this man from Madugu hotel jabi to transcorp Hilton it wasn't funny oh

I missed one particular turn because I was still new then

He nearly swallow me

5 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Dominion202: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Failed president in the history of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Matheusmartin: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Just carry pen and paper,start writing.

Smh

Happy birthday to Nigerian President. Smh

I wish him alive so he can see someone more knowledgeable take over the throne after him.
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Lagosianswag: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
I absolutely have nothing to wish undecided
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by gambia(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Buhari is a FAILURE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by osuofia2(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
We love you mai gaskiya, the South West can hate you but smiling in front of you, especially that pretender the drug Baron come Bullion van thief(his case file will be dusted soon) the South East can do same but you still remain the only man of integrity.
God bless you baba, may your reigns be long.
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Jammy2012(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
grin Babangida is the height of preaching for them all... By now " constituted authority" would have known what authority is like. If you like do good, if you like do otherwise. Karma knows everyone's addresses, even if you are homeless. cool peace grin Happy Birthday Baba... The hour Glass of life is half empty, make it count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Namodahydar: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
‪What really Happened to #EndSARS Protesters in Lagos Nigeria �� ‬
‪ ���‬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syo3EtP0u-I

1 Like

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Randy100: 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Nothing to celebrate about Buhari's birthday. I am always happy that Buhari ruled Nigeria and we all can attest that he is a failure.
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by umoslink(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
So Buhari and Joe Biden are mate hmmm
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Dididrumz(m): 3:10pm On Dec 17, 2020
Them still dey wish this useless man Happy Birthday?
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by visijo(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
is he even aware today na his birthday?
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Goldenkrezi: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
No wonder today get as e be seff..
Boring President.
Boring day grin
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by Racoon(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Mr President care about nothing except himself and cronies in government.Nothing else.
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
Happy birthday baba but on a serious note, u deserve not to be wish happy birthday ooo
Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by MondayOsunbor(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
umoslink:
So Buhari and Joe Biden are mate hmmm

Buhari own na Football age ooo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari At 78: Birthday Message To The President From Segun Showunmi by davidodiba(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
Same bla bla bla blabbish!

Everybody at fault in Bunari's government except the Buhari himself...

By the way, where is Aisha Buhari? She has quietened a lot these days!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again, Court Summons Emefiele Over $53m Judgment Debt / Will You Vote For GEJ If He Goes For Second Term? / 7000 People Displaced In Benue And Other Emerging Facts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.