Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Should We Elope? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should We Elope? (651 Views)

Can U Elope Wit Ur Lover? / Why Do Reasonable People Elope? / Can You Elope With Your Lover At The Expense Of Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Elope? by mbatuku1: 11:38am On Mar 26, 2011
I happen to fall in love with a girl that my mother doesn't want me to marry due to tribal differences. I've tried convincing my mum that she's a good girl and that all will be fine, but mum still stands her ground, citing many personal issues like our kids likely not being able to speak our language and not identifying with our culture in the future(she even cries as if I'm about to commit suicide).

I feel touched at times, but still believe mum is old school. So last week, my girlfriend and I were considering eloping to another city to start a new life.

Please, am I making a mistake and will there be any consequences if I decide to go along with this idea.
Re: Should We Elope? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 26, 2011
There's no need to elope you'll only cause her more grief. If you truly love this girl you both don't need to elope , if you are persistent enough in time your mum will have no other choice than to accept her.

But em , what are your siblings and dads view ?
Re: Should We Elope? by Dyt(f): 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2011
i tot dis happens only in d movie o
Re: Should We Elope? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 26, 2011
RUN FOREST RUN!!!
Re: Should We Elope? by megletters: 9:49pm On Mar 26, 2011
@topic
no.

(1) (Reply)

True Story! / A Lil Help Plz! / Help Its About My Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.