Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback (7915 Views)

Buhari Got N260k Loan To Build His House In 1984 (Throwback Photo) / What Is Bishop Oyedepo's Problem With Buhari? See This / Sani Abacha Trying His Hand On A Pistol In 1984 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by film3four: 5:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
This documentary was done in 1984 by an NTA staff-Onyeka Onwenu. This video commentary by the journalist shows that what we are seeing today in Nigeria equally happened in 1984, just a repeat of history.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CI-88UcB_yP/?igshid=7k04srb5d9xo

Lalasticlala

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BnB-uDvAZw

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by dollytino4real(f): 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2020
yes na! dat is wat my mum told me too,,dat hunger finish dem dat time

8 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 5:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
Majority of buhari supporters were born after 1985.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Mayng01(m): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:
History is needed back in classrooms

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Mayng01(m): 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
So unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by kutashi: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:

What is really your message? And I hope you listened to the introductory message of the clip?
Hate for Buhari has really destroyed the best of your brain.

Also buy data to watch the whole clip before displaying your stupidity online!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 6:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mayng01:

History is need back in classrooms
Very necessary

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by BUSINESSARENAA(m): 6:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
Okpp
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:
No we were not! Like in 84 when Buhari took over from the incompetent Shagari who squandered the revenue from oil and is known as one of the more corrupt eras in our history, so did we elect Buhari to clean up the kleptocracy of the Jonathan era.

The pity is that Buhari seems to get power when Nigeria's revenue from oil goes down. Then ignorant people claim he is underperforming as if not listening to Joseph and saving in times of plenty has no consequence when the time if plenty ends and famine begins. Have you all so quickly forgotten the billions of dollars and pounds and euros in ghanamustgoes and tucked away in soakaways? The whole of Europe and USA and Dubai is missing your billions of petrodollars now, or don't you know?

We have not learned, it seems. One day in the future, someone will drag up this post written today, 19 December 2021, and be reminded that I am saying this is not as bad as you think it will get. You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you

Time, as they say, will tell.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Racoon(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2020
Buhari-the same tyrant 1983-85 and 2015-date.My dad served under him when he was the GOC-3 division.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by psucc(m): 6:32pm On Dec 19, 2020
It is only surprising to the innocent you g ones who did not have that experience but to the champions of "change", they are only after their pockets and will not mind what happens to even their siblings, provided it does bring them money.

Buhari cannot do otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by psucc(m): 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

No we were not! Like in 84 when Buhari took over from the incompetent Shagari who squandered the revenue from oil and is known as one of the more corrupt eras in our history, so did we elect Buhari to clean up the kleptocracy of the Jonathan era.

The pity is that Buhari seems to get power when Nigeria's revenue from oil goes down. Then ignorant people claim he is underperforming as if not listening to Joseph and saving in times of plenty has no consequence when the time if plenty ends and famine begins. Have you all so quickly forgotten the billions of dollars and pounds and euros in ghanamustgoes and tucked away in soakaways? The whole of Europe and USA and Dubai is missing your billions of petrodollars now, or don't you know?

We have not learned, it seems. One day in the future, someone will drag up this post written today, 19 December 2021, and be reminded that I am saying this is not as bad as you think it will get. You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you

Truly, the truth is very scarce. I am telling you that it is a pity you can do this to posterity.

Sir, as you claimed, in 1983, Buhari overthrown President Shagari because his government was kleptomaniac, how best did his government fair, afterwards?

Same claim that you voted Buhari in 2015 because GEJ'S administration was corrupt, what difference has this Government faired in terms of transparency?

It is great sometimes to keep mum than to say half truth.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 6:57pm On Dec 19, 2020
psucc:
Truly, the truth is very scarce. I am telling you that it is a pity you can do this to posterity.

Sir, as you claimed, in 1983, Buhari overthrown President Shagari because his government was kleptomaniac, how best did his government fair, afterwards?
He really was not there long enough, but when he began throwing corrupt politicians in jail for like 200 years and we all began cleaning our neighbourhoods and yelling WAI at any one who didn't queuing at busstops and banks, we all believed Nigeria go finally better, and then that supercorrupt Babangida overthrew him and the rest is history.

psucc:
Same claim that you voted Buhari in 2015 because GEJ'S administration was corrupt, what difference has this Government faired in terms of transparency?
A lot, I'd say. After all, there was absolutely no transparency whatsoever when Deziani et all were buying up Great Britain and USA and Dubai, though some might claim no evidence of such today is evidence of a lack of transparency. I myself cannot agree that Nigerians are blinder than we used to be though. But perhaps you have evidence I don't have?

psucc:
It is great sometimes to keep mum than to say half truth.
True. It is better still to keep mum than to talk ignorantly about what one knows nothing about.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by celwonder(m): 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

Keep deceiving yourself by fashioning a write up that gives an able bodied personality to a handicap.

Sai Baba, we move!

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:05pm On Dec 19, 2020
celwonder:

Keep deceiving yourself by fashioning a write up that gives an able bodied personality to a handicap.

Sai Baba, we move!
I expect no less from your sort. You forgot to add that Buhari is just a clone.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you because national debts will impoverish nearly all Nigerians. There will be more crimes and insecurity will be worst. Nobody can fix Nigeria. Government keeps solving few problems to create more problems

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Flexherbal(m): 7:11pm On Dec 19, 2020
dollytino4real:
yes na! dat is wat my mum told me too,,dat hunger finish dem dat time

What of now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:

You are living in heaven today compared to the hell you'll be living in the future, then will you know that fire is truly burning you because national debts will impoverish nearly all Nigerians. There will be more crimes and insecurity will be worst.
Thank you for repeating precisely what I said. Perhaps your version would be better understood than mine.

capitalzero:
Nobody can fix Nigeria. Government keeps solving few problems to create more problems
This though, I disagree with, because gradually more and more people are being made to realise that we are the government, that we are responsible for whatever state our nation is in and that it is us who will make our nation be whatever we desire it to be.

It will take time and progress will be slow, and even might not happen in our lifetime. But someday will be someday when we Nigerians will fulfil our potential and destiny of greatness.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10959328_notable01411_jpeg1c1c9acf42efa3328b3348b29c401fc2

1 Like

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 7:29pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

Thank you for repeating precisely what I said. Perhaps your version would be better understood than mine.

This though, I disagree with, because gradually more and more people are being made to realise that we are the government, that we are responsible for whatever state our nation is in and that it is us who will make our nation be whatever we desire it to be.

It will take time and progress will be slow, and even might not happen in our lifetime. But someday will be someday when we Nigerians will fulfil our potential and destiny of greatness.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10959328_notable01411_jpeg1c1c9acf42efa3328b3348b29c401fc2

There are basic duties of government -security , road and enabling environment for businesses to thrive . Citizens can provide others.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by budaatum: 7:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:

There are basic duties of government -security , road and enabling environment for businesses to thrive . Citizens can provide others.
Government is we the people! We do not go to get our leaders from Mars, we choose them from amongst ourselves.

It's a simple concept, but our education system unfortunately teaches us to look to the heavens instead of seeking from within ourselves. It will change though, especially when we realise it is we who suffer from our own inability to be responsible.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by SenatorJChris: 7:45pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:
[s][/s]

Time, as they say, will tell.[s][/s]

Trash

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 7:46pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

Government is we the people! We do not go to get our leaders from Mars, we choose them from amongst ourselves.

It's a simple concept, but our education system unfortunately teaches us to look to the heavens instead of seeking from within ourselves. It will change though, especially when we realise it is we who suffer from our own inability to be responsible.

It is not educational system. It is slow civilisation.
Majority of people are either idiots or tribesmen. Few are civilised.

According to Ancient Greek idiots are not mentally deficient, but they are those who are totally self-centered. The ‘idiots’ always run for the private gains and personal interest. They have no public philosophy, no knowledge, no skill, no character and no virtue to contribute to the society. Such people always look out for personal pleasure and treasure. They are supported by like minded politicians, foreign powers and elites of the society for their vested interest.
Tribal people follow tribalistic philosophy but they do not necessarily belong to that specific tribe or society. Such people are not able to think beyond the interest of their small tribe or group. For them, their primary religion is their tribe and tribalism is their god. They generally view everything from their own prism and interpret it in their own way. They are always suspicious and fearful of others. They tend to respond to rest of the people with intimidation, force and violence. The ideal persons for the tribal people are the warriors. For ancient Greeks, citizens are those who have the skills and knowledge to live respectable public lives, who know the value of common wealth as well as their rights and responsibilities towards the society. In other words, they help to form a civilized society.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by capitalzero: 7:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
SenatorJChris:

Trash

Why is it trash?
I just want to know
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by udemzyudex(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
budaatum:

He really was not there long enough, but when he began throwing corrupt politicians in jail for like 200 years and we all began cleaning our neighbourhoods and yelling WAI at any one who didn't queuing at busstops and banks, we all believed Nigeria go finally better, and then that supercorrupt Babangida overthrew him and the rest is history.

A lot, I'd say. After all, there was absolutely no transparency whatsoever when Deziani et all were buying up Great Britain and USA and Dubai, though some might claim no evidence of such today is evidence of a lack of transparency. I myself cannot agree that Nigerians are blinder than we used to be though. But perhaps you have evidence I don't have?

True. It is better still to keep mum than to talk ignorantly about what one knows nothing about.

Continue defending nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by oguns222: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mayng01:

The likes of mannabbgrills, seunmsg, rossniti, okoroawusa, Simplyleo, sirjamo, et al are zombified.

Even if Buhari used hunger to wipe out their entire family members in their presence, they will still shout Sai Baba.

It is not about lack of history. It is about lack of reasoning.

I mean, only a daft man devoid of reasoning will praise a government that has failed in virtually every aspect of its promises.

Even if they pay you 30k to make stupid comments, you should consult the useful part of your brain before you make such comments

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by careytommy37(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2020
capitalzero:

The ones born before 1985 are irredeemable f00ls

1 Like

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by dollytino4real(f): 8:31pm On Dec 19, 2020
Flexherbal:

What of now?
i dey see am now
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by dollytino4real(f): 8:37pm On Dec 19, 2020
Flexherbal:

What of now?
i dey see am now
Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2020
Wow. Onyeka Onwenu was gorgeous as a young lady. Can't help but admire her. She sounded strong and courageous. I wonder what changed her to a pro Government person.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
Never knew Onyeka was a journalist.

Never got tired of hearing one love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNHsJR8HKKY

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: See What NTA Staff Said About Him In 1984: Throwback by Nicepoker(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2020
Mayng01:

The useless leaders knew what history will do. So they struck it off the curriculum.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ondo Speaker, Others Invited By EFCC’s Net Over Fraud / More Than 20 States Experience Inter and Intra State Border Clashes / Breakingnews: WAEC Says It Has No Records On Buhari [letter Included]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.