Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,013 members, 7,828,562 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC (19682 Views)

Prepare For State Police, Lagos Assembly Tells Safety Corps / Thug Shot Dead At Ago Palace Lagos As Voters Beat, Chase Another Thug With Dogs / "End F-SARS, Protect Protesters" - Lagos Assembly Tells FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by 9gerian: 7:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Who else is not surprised at this kind of thoughts cheesy
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Ekaka1(m): 7:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Not surprised. They didn't even EDE to tell inec...this has been on in the north for many, many years.
It's all a northern Agenda to swell votes as usual.
Again I say:
We need to review our unity as a nation immediately and we should be considering in no particular order:
1. A referendum to go our separate ways
2. Restructuring
3. Review of our current political structure and amendment of constitution

There could be more but we are going to implode into another full blown civil war and this time it's going to be across religion, tribe, class etc....it will be bloody... shocked

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Farki: 7:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Omezif:
Instead of fighting to reduce the number of illitrates in the country this government is now trying to gather more votes from under age girls in the north.

They need to keep people illiterate so they don't vote or know their rights. This is why they suppress any protest bringing about positive change in the country because the know they will be next.

I really pity the dogs here who must defend politicians by any means.

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by felixnkubi: 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
my God, this has to be a new tactics for the north considering the fact that there are many underage girls married over there.
God please protect the girl child, it's not their fault they were born in Nigeria
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by adekS1(m): 7:57pm On Dec 20, 2020
When wrong go uncheck this kind of thing definitely is what comes up.

Since no arrest is being made over marriage of underage girls,now they can av effrontery to demand what shd be from 18yrs+.

Being married is nt a sign the person is matured and can be responsible for his or her action especially at such young age and its also like A WAY OF NOW JUSTIFYING UNDERAGE MARRIAGE WHICH SHOULDN'T BE IN THE FIRST PLACE

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Camelot65: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2020
adedayourt:
So what y'all saying is if she's old enough to collect prick then she's old enough to vote.

Interesting, did y'all consider thF she might not have been married of her own free will
If only she's 18...

Stop supporting what's not right.
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by owoshuyi(m): 8:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
You don't need a prophet to tell you the region where the people that proposed this are from.

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by King44(m): 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2020
The north is a plague to this country unfortunately there seem to be no cure.

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by ostarlink: 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Upon all the problems facing Nigeria today this is what matters to these ones; as if the north has not been registering even underaged cows since 1960. Next matter please
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Yankee101: 8:40pm On Dec 20, 2020
It can only be hausa fulani

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by menix(m): 8:42pm On Dec 20, 2020
Then the southern lawmakers should come out with any girl below 18 who is not a virgin is old enough to vote..

I have never seen such backward set of ethnic group...

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by atonement12: 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

orisiri something shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You gat to be kidding me undecided

Consider underaged married girls as voters or jail those who married them

Come, are you encouraging crime or what

You have seen the kind of leaders that claims that they value the lives of the girl child undecided

They say something and does another!!!

Kids that should be in school

What kind of lawmakers do we have in Nigeria

eeeeh eeeeh
They are Book Haram lawmakers!

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by nograv: 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Northerners have no shame...

By hook or by crook they will do anything to rig 2023
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by AFONJACOW(m): 8:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Nothing Surprises me these days about Northerners, but do we even suppose to have underage marriage in this modern era I will never question the Creator why he put me in the same geographical location with this kind of people , this common sense wey common dey hard them
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by eyinjuege: 9:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
The real question is why are underage girls married in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by goodheart02(m): 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

orisiri something shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You gat to be kidding me undecided

Consider underaged married girls as voters or jail those who married them

Come, are you encouraging crime or what

You have seen the kind of leaders that claims that they value the lives of the girl child undecided

They say something and does another!!!

Kids that should be in school

What kind of lawmakers do we have in Nigeria

eeeeh eeeeh

This country is being run by fools. The earlier u accept that fact the better for your Blood Pressure

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by amarachi06(f): 9:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
goshen26:

No need to weep, just find a way of getting ur self out of Nigeria before they (ur children) arrive

They are arriving by next year, and we are making plans.
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by nemynely(m): 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2020
Peadophiles everywhere
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
Look at what a senator and his cohorts ae proposing.
No wonder Jubril refuse to honour their invitation. He knew they ain't better than him.
Tufiakwa ndi Senate

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Beey(f): 9:53pm On Dec 20, 2020
Ohhhh what a shame? Who bewitched Africans with the charm of electing clowns for leaders? From my native Kenya & now Nigeria? You’d think we are charmed.Kai! Did my eyes read right. They are already okay with child marriages. Are you Nigerians sure that they’ll not soon turn your country into a sharia state? Nawa ohh. There’s nothing we won’t hear from these gluttons looking for votes by all means. Just know their daughters are not in that category of underage brides. Greedy idiots!

2 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by obicmag(m): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
so a ten years old girl married to one alfa is qualified to vote? Are you lawmakers or law breaker?
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Nobody: 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please God restructure and reset this country.

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by PortableToDynam(m): 10:28pm On Dec 20, 2020
Na that foolish Lugard I blame Sha
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by biafranrealson: 10:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
why should a girl less than 18 be married in the first instance?

this is one of the reasons why we must have our own country.
enough of these rubbish
the ones married that bore many children in the past are the bandits and boko haram recruits of today and you still want to consider under age girl to marry

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by sutewise82(m): 10:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
I pledge to nigeria my corn tree ... to defend her unity ... so help me God. Dis our pledge was deliberate by d northern army that ruled nigeria to force unity on us. From inec chairman to commitee chairman on inec in both senate n house of reps north, so what do u expect?
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 20, 2020
Why? They should not be married because they are still children and so should not be voters. These people don’t have work? This is what is disturbing them? How to force votes by putting children in rape relationships? This country is finished

1 Like

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by nurain150(m): 11:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by apatheticme(f): 12:06am On Dec 21, 2020
Esseite:
This goes to show, the region has the record of paedophiles in its domain, but would come out to scream "no to child bride"..

The lack of thinking lawmakers indirectly approved:

- Child bride
- Illiteracy of the girl child
- Underage mothers
- Poverty (no skill)
- Underage voting
- Mass breeding of un-cathered children etc..

To think that a woman is part of the lead is so disgusting!!

3 Likes

Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by redsun(m): 1:44am On Dec 21, 2020
Gang of paedophiles that are trying their bleeping best to legitimise paedophilia and keep the country perpetually on a reverse mode.
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by Kaiser20: 2:16am On Dec 21, 2020
Tomorrow Mr.Tinubu will congratulate the NASS members for a job well done.
Re: Consider Underage Married Girls As Voters, National Assembly Tells INEC by ikenna44: 2:38am On Dec 21, 2020
Why are they giving the girls preference?!
If you want underage voting... Just say so... Which one be "girls" again?!
In this age of "no to gender discrimination"
Abeg oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Denies Reports That He Has Joined APC / Police Arrests Kogi Blogger on Natasha Akpoti's Request, Hold in Him Detention / Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.