Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,391 members, 7,830,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians (242 Views)

Tinubu To Lagosians: Be Calm, Maintain The Peace / Governor Jide Sanwo-Olu Apologises To Lagosians / Rivers Lockdown: Gov Wike Inside Helicopter Monitoring Compliance (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by TMSMedia: 7:08am On Dec 20, 2020
COVID-19: "We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown" - Gov. Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State has appealed to residents of the state to observe all COVID19 protocols, as the state cannot afford another lockdown, IgbereTV reports.

Taking to his Instagram handle, Governor Sanwo-Olu thanked Lagosians for showing concern about his health and wellbeing since he contracted the novel Coronavirus. He seized the opportunity to appeal to residents to observe the protocols as the numbers of confirmed cases in the state are beginning to rise.

His post reads;

"Dear Lagosians, I am overwhelmed by your show of love and concern about my health and wellbeing. I must admit that the gesture touched me deeply and reaffirms our connection to one another as humans.

I acknowledge and thank you very sincerely for being there for me, and pray that none of us will lose our lives to COVID-19, and in any other preventable circumstance.

To families that have lost loved ones to the dreaded virus, I pray that God will grant you the fortitude to bear the loss and visit you with His kindness.

Yesterday, we issued new guidelines to help us in the next phase of our battle with the virus. Lagosians have relaxed and the effects are evident with increasing cases and unfortunate deaths

These guidelines will affect us all but we need to be strong so we can end this together.

We cannot afford another total lockdown, so I enjoin us to keep observing the prescribed protocols and the required lifestyle adjustments that will help us enter 2021 stronger, healthier and safer.

Let's do this for our families and friends. Let's by our actions, demonstrate that we truly love our neighbours.

Let us demonstrare awareness about the existence of COVID-19 in our communities and live right to deliberately reduce and eliminate its spread.

I wish you the best of this season and pray that God Almighty will continue to protect us.
#noloseguard"
https://www.instagram.com/p/CI-2efblh88/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://igberetvnews.com/1376006/covid-19-afford-another-total-lockdown-gov-sanwo-olu-appeals-lagosians/

Lalasticlala

Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by midehi2(f): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2020
shoki shoki shoki
Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by alawiiyeyoruba1: 7:12am On Dec 20, 2020
This covid thing make e just go with 2020, we can't afford to start a new year like this.

Aso-Oke also called Ofi is a type of hand-made fabric usually done by weaving and this art of weaving and styling of this particular fabric material originated from the Yorubas ........ read more on https://alawiiyeyoruba.com/aso-ofi/
Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by Nobody: 7:13am On Dec 20, 2020
scam covid

we don't have any way of producing our own vaccine

I'm not even sure if any research has been made so far by Nigerian scientists just lockdown nah him.we know for here

nawa oo
Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by BigSarah(f): 7:18am On Dec 20, 2020
That's true awawa boys will try their luck again
Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by Flexherbal(m): 7:27am On Dec 20, 2020
In a country where leaders will keep palliatives meant to be used during lockdown till after lockdown, nobody should talk about lockdown again ooo
Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by osamz007: 7:33am On Dec 20, 2020
midehi2:
shoki shoki shoki

Lil kesh

Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by osamz007: 7:34am On Dec 20, 2020
PopSmoke:
scam covid

we don't have any way of producing our own vaccine

I'm not even sure if any research has been made so far by Nigerian scientists just lockdown nah him.we know for here

nawa oo

Shey we get scientist ni

Re: COVID-19: We Cannot Afford Another Total Lockdown - Gov. Sanwo-Olu To Lagosians by Mynd44: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2020

(1)

Second Wave : Buhari To Meet With PTF On COVID-19 Today / Understanding Bishop Kukah’s Frustration! / 2023: Kogi Dep Gov Explains How Yahaya Bello Will Become President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.