Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,224 members, 7,860,437 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:00 AM

NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants (27628 Views)

Gunshots Fired As SSS Alleged Siege On EFCC Lagos Office Continues / CVR: INEC Deletes 2.7 Million Double Registrants, PVCs Ready November / Mahmood Yakubu: INEC Deleting Double Registrants From Voter Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2020
Too bad
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by godumes: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
Bleep all the old school leaders who keeps on surpressing and making life difficult for these digital generation.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Mikepenny5(m): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2020
We don’t have leader
God will judge Nigeria politician special
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Akinola2543(m): 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
Las Las them go block my Sim.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by GreatrAnalyst: 5:32pm On Dec 21, 2020
How do you describe a failed country?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by 1OLAD(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
I no even disturb myself.....if dem.block my SIM we go knw way forward....yeye government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Tenshades(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
Poor system

undecided
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Pharaoh4rin(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Go to the who whole north and you'll not find a queue anywhere. The NIMC centres are evenly distributed there but the minister of comm. pantani Isah, Director General NIMC Abdul Aziz made sure things are ok in d north BUT decides to frustrate d south. The north's local intelligence is always befitting to them.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Willie2015: 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:
Fools in power!!

The biggest fools in the universe are in Nigeria occupying political offices.

BVN
Voters card
International passport
Driving license

Common sense can't tell them to share database so it can easy for one to generate NIN online without going to the office.

I did my NIN reg...
under 10min after lockdown...
Collect the soft copy and hard copy...
For my records...
D inevitable thruth is dat...
Nigerians only respond to deadline...
Give them 2 years extension...
They wont still register!

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by MyGeneration(m): 5:36pm On Dec 21, 2020
Nigerian government say they are fighting covid so they shutdown all form of economic activities in the state without offering any form of palliative then crowd people into cramped space in the name of NIN.

5 steps forward 10steps backwards
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Tonyblessed(m): 5:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
I blame the ones who wasted transport and time to go to these NIN offices to register. Common sense would tell anyone that it is not possible for the December deadline until mid or end of next year. The telecom would lose as more than 30 million lines would be blocked and resulting in lost revenue, also the government would lose cause of their fear of corona virus surge of people wanting to register and which many also don't believe in.
None of them would want that. The government were only trying to flex their muscle for something they know was not possible at this time and some Nigerians fell for it.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Mccall88(m): 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Demm mehn....

Political chaos n brain nuteology dey worri baba .
Common Sense we tell u that this short notice can't work. What d Bleep!!
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by melodyogonna(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

Make me rest and my stalkers too undecided undecided

Lalasticlala, compliment of the season joor
Come inbox, do Christmas for your girl grin
grin grin
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
This is what happens when you try to start something that you are not so good at.

The NIMC has always been badly run. Simple. Scrap that commission already.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Kharol1234: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:
Lass lass, i go follow for people wey dem go block their lines as i don commot mind from am...

We follow they the same group because I cannot kill myself
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by powerkey: 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
What of the lines used by Fulani h.e.a.d.s.men?

They don't even care about the nin in the north, why force it down the throat of southerners?

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by jmoore(m): 5:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
OceanEye:
What I don't understand is that after checking my sim card, I found out it has been linked to NIN even though I have never registered for NIN. Is something wrong somewhere?
You should find a way to know the details of the NIN.
If your names, and other bio details are yours, then nothing is wrong.

What will be wrong is if the details are that of someone else.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Heineken(m): 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:

I'm not even sure they go block anything sef.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by UNCL3(m): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Nigeria is a country where all federal ministries have an informal rivalry to ascertain which can make life most hellish for Nigerians.

One ministry will just wake up one day and decide that because it has been long its voice has been heard, it will formulate one yeye policy.

I was never perturbed about the two weeks ultimatum because I know the telecoms who have the most to lose will lobby the government with billions of naira to look the other way and let business go on as usual.

Wait for it, another ministry will shake the polity before year end to try and outdo the ministry of communication.

Your comment is very apt
The telecom companies would not allow the govt block those lines because it would be bad business for them, and indirectly bad for the govt too.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
All of you that like posting anything on Social media, with the Governments NIN harmonization tracking you will be very soft. My advice is for you to get a VPN. The Nigerian government will not use this to get Criminals but to ensure nobody can soro soke in their lives again. The affair of people sending messages to Tinubu during End SARS etc really made them come up with this. After this you are no longer safe online without a VPN. Get a free vpn today if you want to use internet safely

3 Likes

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by naijadrivablog: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2020
Wahala for who no get NIN.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Flier: 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
OceanEye:
What I don't understand is that after checking my sim card, I found out it has been linked to NIN even though I have never registered for NIN. Is something wrong somewhere?
Its not your NIN,probably the person that used the sim before you
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by angelfallz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
starbuck:

Me and my whole family too. It's just rubbish. This is Christmas period, everywhere is hot and now add Corona. And they want to do everything in 2weeks. They're not well.

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Flier: 5:43pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:

Its certainly someone else NIN since he doesn’t register for it
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by jmoore(m): 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2020
Willie2015:

I did my NIN reg...
under 10min after lockdown...
Collect the soft copy and hard copy...
For my records...
D inevitable thruth is dat...
Nigerians only respond to deadline...
Give them 2 years extension...
They wont still register!
Your experience can't be used as a case study. Majority of Nigerians didn't get theirs under 10 mins.

2019, when I went to collect my permanent voters card. I saw many Nigerians registering for their NIN.

Do you know some NIMC staff demand for money before registration?

BTW, I have never heard of government ordering us to have our numbers linked with NIN until this month. It's ridiculous to come up with a new policy and demand it should be implemented within 2 weeks.

1 Like

Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Judolisco(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
To avoid all dis future wahala... Nimc should be going house to house, schs, hospitals, offices to enrol people from now on....
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Neoteny(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
Blockchain is great for identity management. They ought to develop a system for doing the process online and having every registration entered on a distributed ledger to prevent fraud and multiple registration.
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by OceanEye: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2020
jmoore:

Does it mean it's possible to get NIN without personally registering for it? Assuming I checked the details of the NIN to my sim and happen to be mine?
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
IbadanJohnWick:
This shouldn't be clumsy at all considering the level of technology that could be deployed to register people even in the comfort of their homes.

A system of registration that involves virtual registration that can't be negatively manipulated can be designed and executed with the help voters card and BVN.

ALL these fire brigade approach the goverment is putting people through is unnecessary

Someone said the number of people with bvn is higher than nin.

They should have used the bvn for nin registration and then simply allow you to update your number .

Essentially only people without bvn should be doing any sort non virtual registration
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by IbadanJohnWick(f): 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2020
jajeri3216:

Someone said the number of people with bvn is higher than nin.

They should have used the bvn for nin registration and then simply allow you to update your number .

Essentially only people without bvn should be doing any sort non virtual registration
Exactly sir
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by samdunzo: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Why couldnt the registration for NIN be done online? Or better yet, why not give a CENSUS and generate NIN from there? I swear Nigerians just like to overdo everything
Re: NIMC Shuts Lagos Office To NiN Registrants by marsman: 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2020
Will buafrau.d people do this thing now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

David Mark Celebrates Christmas With His Otukpo People (Photos) / Atiku's Speech At The PDP 84th NEC Meeting, Refers Buhari as General / Sunday Abegunde: Akeredolu Didn’t Win The Election In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.