Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

The Safest Presidential Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Safest Presidential Aspirant (1774 Views)

Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2011
[size=15pt]Supposing the four main presidential aspirants were Banks, where will you keep your money? - CHUDE JIDEONWO[/size]
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Coolabbie: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2011
Dis is a no-brainer. I will place mine in BOB, bank of buhari. Knowing dat if i go away 4 10yrs, i wuld still meet everything intact on my arrival.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 1:36pm On Mar 27, 2011
Honestly, that Chude's question got me thinking. If Pat Utomi was in the first four, maybe i would have chosen him lol
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by EzeUche2(m): 1:37pm On Mar 27, 2011
The bank of Jonathan would be better. Since you always get interest with PDP. I would worry about Buhari, because my money would be confiscated.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by efisher(m): 1:49pm On Mar 27, 2011
You said four main!!! It is difficult to say, but:

That will be Ribadu. (I also considered the VP). I believe I will make reasonable interest and it will be sustained.

The bank of GEJ would have been a nice try but I do not want a Sanusi to suddenly come and close down my bank!
If I put my money in BB bank, the value of the money will keep depreciating till there is nothing left!

If you had said ANY, then I would have gone for Bank Utomi.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by olawalebabs(m): 2:53pm On Mar 27, 2011
As for me. Bank of Buhari will be the best. There am sure of the trust. As for GEJ he may deny me the same way be deny zoning cheesy
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by PapaBrowne(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2011
If you are an investor, you would bank with GEJ, because you are certain of a huge return on your investment!!!

Buhari would help you protect your income but he wouldn't improve on it!!

Ribadu would give your money to Tinubu!!
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by henry101(m): 3:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

The bank of Jonathan would be better. Since you always get interest with PDP. I would worry about Buhari, because my money would be confiscated.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by mankevo(m): 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

No wonder bross!!!  That interest in GEJ is the reason people are 'relatively' suporting him, and that fear of Buhari is the reason HONEST PEOPLE are overwhelmingly suporting him.

olawalebab:

As for me. Bank of Buhari will be the best. There am sure of the trust. As for GEJ he may deny me the same way be deny zoning cheesy
This is real security concern.
I think i'll adopt local banking then.(hiding my money in a sack and keeping under Banana tree behind the house) lol
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Kobojunkie: 3:26pm On Mar 27, 2011
naijangel7:

Honestly, that Chude's question got me thinking. If Pat Utomi was in the first four, maybe i would have chosen him lol

Pat Utomi Bank would be high risk since it does not have an established record of performance in handling of public funds(no public records) and it's past business record only show it is conservative in it'd dealings -- not too much exposure to real risks, and like many other businesses, not without mistakes.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Afam4eva(m): 3:29pm On Mar 27, 2011
The way things are going i'd rather not put my money in any national bank. I prefer community banks. So my money willl be safe with Fashola Community bank PLC.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Kobojunkie: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2011
Ribadu Bank has similar issues that the Pat Utomi investor is likely to run into. In addition the Bank's recent Partnership with Tinubu PLC, makes it even higher risk as it is going to be a problem making sure the records stay clean for long.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2011
Ha thanks for the financial advice, kobojunkie cheesy cheesy cheesy What's your take on Bank Shekarau? smiley Is he number 4, by the way?
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Afam4eva(m): 4:03pm On Mar 27, 2011
naijangel7:

Ha thanks for the financial advice, kobojunkie cheesy cheesy cheesy What's your take on Bank Shekarau? smiley Is he number 4, by the way?

Bank Shekarau is one of those banks with nice looking adverts. However they fall short of expectations.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Nicklee(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
Oh I love nairaland. In the midst of our differences, sometimes we still come together to make ourselves laugh. This is the Nigerian spirit that I hope continues to thrive.

I will bank with Buhari International Bank with regional offices in London, New York and Hong Kong (LoL). In this current investment clime, it is best to go with the safest investment. Although the interest rate may not be off the roof, I am rest assured that my deposits are safe and the interest rate is comfortably above inflation rate. I don't want to put my money in a wonder bank ala Ponzi politicians with so much promise and talk talk but little to show for it.

Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 4:32pm On Mar 27, 2011
afam4eva:

Bank Shekarau is one of those banks with nice looking adverts. However they fall short of expectations.

Bank PHB lipsrsealed
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by seal777(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27, 2011
Even GEJ will nt put his money wit his own bank cos he doesnt trust them(u know this DOG EAT DOG STORY?). He will surely be a customer wit BANK OF BUHARI.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Nicklee(m): 4:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
seal777:

Even GEJ will nt put his money wit his own bank cos he doesnt trust them(u know this DOG EAT DOG STORY?). He will surely be a customer wit BANK OF BUHARI.

LOL!!! True talk - I have a friend who works with Oceanic bank but banks with GTB!!!

Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by apoti(m): 4:45pm On Mar 27, 2011
naijangel7:

Bank PHB lipsrsealed

na u talk am o  shocked  cheesy

Anyway because I want high yield on my investment I give GEJ Bank. But if I want to save for future, I will give Bank of Buhari  grin
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2011
I will bank with an old relaible tested and trusted bank. I remember when we all ran to new bling bling money doubling banks ha after they dealt with us with fake promises of tripple return on investment, money doubling and most of them close shop and ran with our trust and funds leaving us broken ans hurt some died from heartbreak, some permenently sick. Money we could have used for food, security and health was used by the bank chiefs and trustees used our savings to live in flamboyance. we all ran back to the old generation banks, so I will be Banking with a bank that I can go to sleep with my eyes closed and be sure that my funds and trust is safe, I will put my life savings in bank buhari bakare without blinking
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Coolabbie: 4:57pm On Mar 27, 2011
seal777:

Wen u consider d fact dat madame umblera wuld be among d managers, u no go blame d guy.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Afam4eva(m): 5:01pm On Mar 27, 2011
aisha2:

I will bank with an old relaible tested and trusted bank. I remember when we all ran to new bling bling money doubling banks ha after they dealt with us with fake promises of tripple return on investment, money doubling and most of them close shop and ran with our trust and funds leaving us broken ans hurt some died from heartbreak, some permenently sick. Money we could have used for food, security and health was used by the bank chiefs and trustees used our savings to live in flamboyance. we all ran back to the old generation banks, so I will be Banking with a bank that I can go to sleep with my eyes closed and be sure that my funds and trust is safe, I will put my life savings in bank buhari bakare without blinking

Makes sense. Even though i don't like first bank. It is one of the most reliable banks in Nigeria. Forget all this flashy names people are using to name their banks eg bank PHP(Shekarau), First City Monument Bank(Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan), Oceanic bank(ocean ko river niger ni). There's nothing as good as banking with a tested and trusted bank like First Bank(Buhari).
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Eziachi: 5:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
A BANK who doesn't engage in dubious business with your money.
A BANK whose associates will not cost you much sleep at night.
A BANK that cannot be pushed or seemed to be around by others.
A BANK that is independently minded, not consulting days unend before making a decision.
A BANK whose Yes is a Yes and their No is a No.
A BANK that talk and promise very little but huge on delivery.
A BANK that is austere and not very ostentatious in their action or activities with your money in their trust.
A BANK that believed that they merit to keep your money not that they deserved it or its their turn.
A BANK that takes responsibility for its loses not shifting the blame to competitiors
A BANK that is not afraid of intimidated by competition.
A BANK that will not or kept repeating or using the same method that never yield any dividend.
A BANK that will not be awarding its non officials hefty salaries, bonuses and pecks when the shareholders are losing their life saving on daily basis.
A BANK that doesn't promote or celebrate incompetence with promotion and honours.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 27, 2011
Ezaichi to add to your list; a bank whose trustees are not known criminals with a history of massive fraud and embezzelment. A bank that will not host and its board members give thanksgiving for one of their board members who gets released from jail after serving two years for corrupt enrichment. A bank that does not reward costumers patience with lies and mmore lies
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 5:35pm On Mar 27, 2011
ON APRIL 9TH, 2011: “If the elections are much improved - if Jonathan is not rigged in on the first ballot - then the chances of a runoff are good.” - Former U.S. Ambassador, JOHN CAMPBELL, said yesterday.
“My reading continues to be that Buhari has substantial support around the country - but not among the elites - or the Governors, And the Governors are at the center of rigging.” - Former U.S. Ambassador, JOHN CAMPBELL, now a fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations also added yesterday.

courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/nigeriansfornigeria

Please o, people in Naija, how correct are this man's assessments? Is BB a sure bet for so many people?
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by efisher(m): 5:46pm On Mar 27, 2011
naijangel7:
Please o, people in Naija, how correct are this man's assessments?

He makes some sense. This election will be won and lost in the North. Not even the south west any more. PDP has infilterated the ranks of the elite and are using a top-down approach to achieve their victory. Buhari is using a bottom - up approach. Buhari has most of masses but not the spread. The only thing wrong with the statement is that PDP doesn't need to rig to make this happen! Buhari's own camp has been infilterated by these veteran politicians. Just the way Atiku lost the PDP primaries.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by naijangel7(f): 8:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
efisher:

He makes some sense. This election will be won and lost in the North. Not even the south west any more. PDP has infilterated the ranks of the elite and are using a top-down approach to achieve their victory. Buhari is using a bottom - up approach. Buhari has most of masses but not the spread. The only thing wrong with the statement is that PDP doesn't need to rig to make this happen! Buhari's own camp has been infilterated by these veteran politicians. Just the way Atiku lost the PDP primaries.

Bolded is contradictory. If he has most of the masses then victory is sure as their number far exceeds that of the elite.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by efisher(m): 8:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
naijangel7:

Bolded is contradictory. If he has most of the masses then victory is sure as their number far exceeds that of the elite.

Let me try to explain clearly. Northern voters far out-number southern voters. However, you need at least 25% in at least 2/3 of all the states. The masses following Buhari are concentrated in certain parts of the North. The elite factor is important because unfortunately, the masses are easily swayed and can be made to do as the elites please! That is the top-down approach of the PDP. There are so many other things happening on ground and it is not as simple as it seems on the news and on the internet. It is a fierce battle but PDP has "certain" advantages against the opposition. Just watch out for news from now till the elections and you will see why they say politics is a dirty game.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by fatherab1: 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2011
EzeUche_:

EzeUche, EzeUche, how many times did I call you?
Don't like interest to d detriment of the interest of your future and children

[size=20pt]I will put mine in Central Buhari of Nigeria CBN[/size]
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by MaiSuya(m): 9:17pm On Mar 27, 2011
At Bank Buhari Bakare you may have to provide proof that the money being deposited was obtained through legitimate means, whether personal or for business. For this reason I can understand why many folks would want to avoid the bank.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by efisher(m): 9:20pm On Mar 27, 2011
Branch Manager: Mohammed Abacha! NO WAY! Some of us know his history. I can't open my eyes and put money in such a bank. What a joke.
Re: The Safest Presidential Aspirant by OAM4J: 9:22pm On Mar 27, 2011
My future investments is too important to me to risk my savings in Bank of lucks or in a bank with incompetent/untested managers. It got to be Bank Buhari/Bakare. cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simplified Arguments RE: SUBSIDY / Will Ferguson Wins Canada’s Highest Literary Prize For Novel On Nigerian Scams. / Pic Former President Obj With US President, Jimmy Carter In 1978

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.