Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,553 members, 7,865,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State (33945 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Ishilove: 3:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
It is Everyman's destiny to be a sojourner.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2020
Nice thread.

But wait! Royal tomb? Seriously? See the way they decorated the place self. In my hometown,each reigning King has his own palace, no general one. So when they die, they are buried separately (in their homes). It's nice to know some people bury their Kings in a place. I used to think it's a foreign thing grin (thanks to Movies and Bible )

Those praise singers ehn ... If you are not careful you will enter debt because of them. You are lucky they don't know your predigree, maybe you would have opened "stranded! I need URGENT 2k to go back home" on Nl grin grin . I dey fear them .grin

Wait self Poco, them use coke swear for you? Ogini?

In all, great trip.God bless you for helping people. And I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while at it. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
Klass99:

You're a very silly girl grin but this thread reminds me of why I like your persona, especially that part where you listed your take on the trip.

There's something about older men that trips me as well and it's not far from your description of the Oba. They are usually well spoken, well comported and distinguished in their carriage/manner.
@ bolded .....

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by illicit(m): 6:31pm On Dec 22, 2020
Ilesha eats pounded yam not Amala.... just like Ekitis

6 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2020
Klass99:

You're a very silly girl grin but this thread reminds me of why I like your persona, especially that part where you listed your take on the trip.

There's something about older men that trips me as well and it's not far from your description of the Oba. They are usually well spoken, well comported and distinguished in their carriage/manner.

Hahaha. Thanks a lot babe. *blushing*

It is their carriage like you said. Their alphaness is not forced. They are soft, but still in control.

Look at Regina, drawing tattoo upandan and flexing. Young guys would think Ned is weak. If it were them, they’ll probably be nagging everyday- but Ned just dey look her. Allowing her enjoy her youthful stage, he knows where and when to be strict. Older men choose their battles. Young guys whine unnecessarily like hungry babies looking for breastmilk.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 8:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Petyprincess:
You visited my hometown.
Make sure you taste dodo ikire b4 leaving, if you don't like it I'm not princess grin

I saw them selling it, I remembered I have seen it on NL. Mariangeles created a thread on it sometime ago. I didn’t buy though. tongue

Palema007:
Nice thread.

But wait! Royal tomb? Seriously? See the way they decorated the place self. In my hometown,each reigning King has his own palace, no general one. So when they die, they are buried separately (in their homes). It's nice to know some people bury their Kings in a place. I used to think it's a foreign thing grin (thanks to Movies and Bible )

Those praise singers ehn ... If you are not careful you will enter debt because of them. You are lucky they don't know your predigree, maybe you would have opened "strained! I need URGENT 2k to go back home on Nl" grin grin . I dey fear them .grin

Wait self Poco, them use coke swear for you? Ogini?

In all, great trip.God bless you for helping people. And I'm glad you enjoyed yourself while at it. smiley

These ones have a general palace and they are all buried in that royal tomb. I didn’t see inside sha, it was locked.

Omo! I couldn’t hear all what they were saying, but their flow was something else. I stumbled on them, not like I was expecting to see them. Na you for send me the 2k na. What are sisters for?

Leave me and my coke biko. Thanks, I actually did enjoy myself. If their Oba had agreed to marry me, I would have stayed back and added Olori to my name. Nothing spoil sha. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Klass99(f): 8:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Klass99(f): 8:21pm On Dec 22, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2020
Klass99:

Another silly girl grin, what is it about the bolded part of my comment that has you thinking? Your yeye don dey boom again abi?

grin grin grin What did I do now? grin grin is it a crime to think again?
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2020
Klass99:

wink You're welcome.

Oh chop knuckle abeg, that whole masculinity shrouded in depth, substance and gentleman behaviour dey bust my head.

I'm friends with a few of them and the fact that, they never text me in short hand trips me to pieces. I cannot stand people texting or chatting with me in short hand.

Their old school-ness just rocks!
Hmmmmmmm

I hope say na Ned Nwoko type Sha, not Mr IBU. If it is the latter, the bashing you will soon get from Nl Alfas won't worth it oooo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 22, 2020
pocohantas:

I saw them selling it, I remembered I have seen it on NL. Marian created a thread on it sometime ago. I didn’t buy though. tongue

These ones have a general palace and they are all buried in that royal tomb. I didn’t see inside sha, it was locked.

Omo! I couldn’t hear all what they were saying, but their flow was something else. I stumbled on them, not like I was expecting to see them. Na you for send me the 2k na. What are sisters for?

Leave me and my coke biko. Thanks, I actually did enjoy myself. If their Oba had agreed to marry me, I would have stayed back and added Olori to my name. Nothing spoil sha. cheesy cheesy
Wao! I've learnt something new today. See inside ke? That will be some kind of a sacred place, not open to everybody. Which kin see be that? grin . I think that's like saying you want to enter "forbidden forest" grin grin .

Lol... No worry one of the Alfas wey wan show off go send you fast fast! grin

Olori no dey come easy oooo. Just pray baba live long else once he die, no man must ever go near you again oooo. Crazy tradition! grin Them no dey sleep with who oba don do oooo. lipsrsealed especially all these traditional Obas. Thank God oba's finesse no hold you down.grin
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by izzou(m): 8:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Klass99:

wink You're welcome.

Oh chop knuckle abeg, that whole masculinity shrouded in depth, substance and gentleman behaviour dey bust my head.

I'm friends with a few of them and the fact that, they never text me in short hand trips me to pieces. I cannot stand people texting or chatting with me in short hand.

Their old school-ness just rocks!

I dnt undastd undecided

U r jst bin arsh wt us. Ders nfn wrng wt typn in sht hnd

I hp u cn stnd me afta redn dis

Thks

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by alexie4real(m): 9:36am On Dec 23, 2020
poco your thread is nice quite entertaining smiley

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by cococandy(f): 10:12am On Dec 23, 2020
cool cool cool
pocohantas:

Hahaha. Thanks a lot babe. *blushing*

It is their carriage like you said. Their alphaness is not forced. Young guys whine unnecessarily like hungry babies looking for breastmilk.
insecurity no dey worry them

8 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas the mama. Merry Christmas in Advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:40pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
6— In search of food:

lol i think it's ogunfe.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kokoboss:
pocohantas the mama. Merry Christmas in Advance.

Lol. Merry Christmas in advance to you too. How is the season warming up there?

Kokoboss:
lol i think it's ogunfe.

Oh? Not ogufe? But it means goat meat right?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
Random pictures:

yoruba pepper soup. Atimes sef you go see iru inside.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

lol yes mama. Goat meat. You try small na grin
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

fine fine o mama. I'm waiting for my neighbors to arrange better rice. Thank God one buy plenty meats this morning. I don use eyes select one wey I go choose sef as dem dey wash am. Ogadinma jare
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
My Take On The Trip

lol alejo pocohantas. They actually entertain "alejo" with pounded yam instead of amala most times sha.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
Kokoboss:
lol alejo pocohantas. They actually entertain "alejo" with pounded yam instead of amala most times sha.

Never knew. I always thought once I enter the house of a Yoruba person, amala would be everywhere cheesy. Now I know better.

Kokoboss:
fine fine o mama. I'm waiting for my neighbors to arrange better rice. Thank God one buy plenty meats this morning. I don use eyes select one wey I go choose sef as dem dey wash am. Ogadinma jare

Lucky you. I wish I have neighbours like that. It is not yet over until it is over sha.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 1:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Never knew. I always thought once I enter the house of a Yoruba person, amala would be everywhere cheesy. Now I know better.

Lucky you. I wish I has neighbours like that. It is not yet over until it is over sha.
hahahahaha don't make me laugh mbok. You ehn
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Kokoboss: 1:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Lucky you. I wish I has neighbours like that. It is not yet over until it is over sha.
lol see you. Not always amala o. Most even prefer pounded yam to shey alejo lol
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Praxis758: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ijebu-Jesa Omo Awure Fase Banu
Omo Atoba Tele K'oye To De

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Fidelismaria: 2:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
'They are contented with little things'

This is why Nigerians keep on languishing in poverty after all they're contented being poor.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2020
Fidelismaria:
'They are contented with little things'

This is why Nigerians keep on languishing in poverty after all they're contented being poor.

embarassed

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by jawalis(m): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pocohantas herself is about to turn the nice thread to a men-bashing Avenue now. You can describe the elders without insulting and bashing younger men.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
jawalis:
Pocohantas herself is about to turn the nice thread to a men-bashing Avenue now. You can describe the elders without insulting and bashing younger men.

I said what I said, younger guys whine like babies looking for breastmilk. It is not men-bashing, it is not an insult- IT IS THE TRUTH.

A quick walk through the Nairaland Romance section would prove me right. They can whine oooo! Na only them waka come? ?

7 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by jawalis(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

I said what I said, younger guys whine like babies looking for breastmilk. It is not men-bashing, it is not an insult- IT IS THE TRUTH.

A quick walk through the Nairaland Romance section would prove me right. They can whine oooo! Na only them waka come? ?
You can spare that lecture and truth for other day/thread ma’am. It’s unnecessary now.
Y’ll Yell at N’land men/guys at every single opportunity and you expect they keep it cool. What an irony

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 2:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
jawalis:

You can spare that lecture and truth for other day/thread ma’am. It’s unnecessary now.
You don’t tell me what is necessary. Oh please. If the shoe fits, by all means wear it. wink

Y’ll Yell at N’land men/guys at every single opportunity and you expect they keep it cool. What an irony

Here comes the whining. grin

5 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by jawalis(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

You don’t tell me what is necessary. Oh please. If the shoe fits, by all means wear it. wink
You can’t always be right. You know it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Bus Catches Fire On Niger Bridge / Where To Get Birth Certificate Or Age Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.