Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State (33947 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by delpee(f): 5:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Interesting! Travelling truly enlightens and frees the mind of blind bias and wrong assumptions.

Lol @ the Micra. grin Very annoying the way they weave in and out of traffic like the Marwas/kekes in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by femi4: 5:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
FuckThaMod:

What is alejo?
visitor
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by FuckThaMod: 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
visitor
Thanks
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Not size per say, but development. I didn’t see anything to even warrant that thought. lipsrsealed

I like the serenity of both states though.
What I was trying to saying is you visited a portion of ibadan that isn't necessarily developed because that part existed long before the British came to Nigeria.

Oje, Oja oba etc.

If you have visited places like Mobile, Dugbe, Onireke, Oluyole( Olubadan Estate), Elebu, Iyakanku gra, Alalubosa Gra, Old and new bodija estate etc.

You will have seen a different part of ibadan

Those places I mentioned have 7 shopping malls between them including two that houses two different shoprite malls.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by lagonovo: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Ijebu subs group. Ijebus are the most travelled in SW. That's why they settled and dominated different towns like Epe, Ikorodu and some parts of ijesha, Ife
How did you arrive at this conclusion? Half of Ogbomosos are travellers (go to the North), Ejigbos stretched up to Ghana and Ivory Coast, Oyos are everywhere (Ghana/Togo/Benin/North) same with Ondos. Yorubas are generally well traveled though not as extensively as the SE people.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
What I was trying to saying is you visited a portion of ibadan that isn't necessarily developed because that part existed long before the British came to Nigeria.

Oje, Oja oba etc.

If you have visited places like Mobile, Dugbe, Onireke, Oluyole( Olubadan Estate), Elebu, Iyakanku gra, Alalubosa Gra, Old and new bodija estate etc.

You will have seen a different part of ibadan

Those places I mentioned have 7 shopping mall between them

It is not about shopping mall. There is simply no comparison Grey. smiley

delpee:
Interesting! Travelling truly enlightens and frees the mind of blind bias and wrong assumptions.

Lol @ the Micra. grin Very annoying the way they weave in and out of traffic like the Marwas/kekes in Lagos.

Gosh!! Must they squeeze themselves into every available space?!
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by femi4: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
lagonovo:

How did you arrive at this conclusion? Half of Ogbomosos are travellers (go to the North), Ejigbos stretched up to Ghana and Ivory Coast, Oyos are everywhere same with Ondos. Yorubas are generally well traveled.
Use google. Ijebus are everywhere
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by BigDawsNet: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
3— Pictures from the event

Glad you had a great visit

In the great city of Ijebu-jesa

Next time visiting

Visit

Erin -jesa water fall

Ijebu-jesa Only private institution (interlink Polytechnic)

Timsed hotel..

Monkey island in ilesha

You can even hike the hills in Ijebu-jesa
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by lagonovo: 5:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
femi4:
Use google. Ijebus are everywhere
Feel free to post your citations. Ijebus are everywhere, what I dispute is your claim that they are the most traveled in the SW. Prove it!
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by crafteck(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:
You didn't show us olashore international School and their Mini stadium

Which year
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

It is not about shopping mall. There is simply no comparison Grey. smiley

Gosh!! Must they squeeze themselves into every available space?!
Which areas did you visit in ibadan, it will inform your judgment cheesy

It will take you two to three weeks to travel the entire length of ibadan.

I am an ibadan boy proper with the knowledge of almost everywhere in ibadan

Comparing Ijebu Ijesha to Ibadan is what caught my attention.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by delpee(f): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ibadan is a very large city. As a traveller, you're not likely to pass through the modern, beautiful layouts.

When next you visit, let someone who knows the city well take you round. Most residents don't even know all areas.

Olashore International School at Iloko is close to Ijebu Jesa too. A very good school indeed.

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

What did I influence abeg? shocked

Well this is what influencers do, they travel and post nice pictures with a detailed explanation on how the trip was on blogs. Nice content tho.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Which areas did you visit in ibadan, it will inform your judgment cheesy

It will take you two to three weeks to travel the entire length of ibadan.

I am an ibadan boy proper with the knowledge of almost everywhere in ibadan

Comparing Ijebu Ijesha to Ibadan is what caught my attention.

I didn’t compare Ijebu Ijesha to Ibadan. I wouldn’t know where you read that. However, I maintain there is no comparison between Lagos and Ibadan. That comparison should end before it starts. lipsrsealed

BigDawsNet:

Glad you had a great visit

In the great city of Ijebu-jesa

Next time visiting

Visit

Erin -jesa water fall

Ijebu-jesa Only private institution (interlink Polytechnic)

Timsed hotel..

Monkey island in ilesha

You can even hike the hills in Ijebu-jesa

Thanks. I’ll keep this in mind for next time.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by obembet(f): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
4— Some pictures from the hotel I stayed

How much did u rent that room
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Emaxwell(m): 6:01pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
Random pictures:

That powerbank how much did you get it

Mine looks same as yours 4500 10kmAh from Jumia oraimo
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Jilux: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nice one @ OP. I would love to go on one of these trips someday when I'm less busy. Between, i would love to know how much u paid for that Hotel room. Just curious
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by RealLordZeus(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
My Take On The Trip

P.S, This contraption should be banned. lipsrsealed

This, I concur grin
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
obembet:

How much did u rent that room

18k/night

TheLionofLasigi:

Well this is what influencers do, they travel and post nice pictures with a detailed explanation on how the trip was on blogs. Nice content tho.

Not an influencer, I just took random pictures and decided to share some. Thanks for the nice words. smiley

Emaxwell:

That powerbank how much did you get it
Mine looks same as yours 4500 10kmAh from Jumia oraimo

I was gifted the powerbank. The little things that count. It is 10000mAh. Works well (for now). cheesy

Jilux:
Nice one @ OP. I would love to go on one of these trips someday when I'm less busy. Between, i would love to know how much u paid for that Hotel room. Just curious

Which of them? The one in Ilesa was 18k. The one in Ibadan is about 30k+ a night.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by obembet(f): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:
6— In search of food:

I was enjoying the thread untill I saw Chelsea beside ur food. U supposed to reject that food or get another table....na joke o grin
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by obembet(f): 6:07pm On Dec 23, 2020
izzou:
You couldn't even call me to join you, you empty, coconut-headed evening newspaper angry

Anyways, I don show cool
grin

Pocohantas abeg don't mind him o. He's a Father of 4. And he go worry u for night

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by obembet(f): 6:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
Shellsploit:
Pls dont forget to post pictures of the shrine.

Na wetin concern u be that grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

I didn’t compare Ijebu Ijesha to Ibadan. I wouldn’t know where you read that. However, I maintain there is no comparison between Lagos and Ibadan. That comparison should end before it starts. lipsrsealed

Thanks. I’ll keep this in mind for next time.
Comparisons started by those that work in Lagos and live in ibadan

Ibadan is almost three times cheaper than Lagos with almost everything you can get in Lagos.

Good Schools (Liteforte, Marela, Concord, IsI, Oritamefa Baptist schools etc) University of Ibadan, Lead city etc.

Recreation facilities Shopping malls, Ibadan university zoo etc

Good estates much better than water logged Ajah/Sangotedo in Lagos.

Easy access roads.

So they understand what they are talking about.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by obembet(f): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

14k/night

Not an influencer, I just took random pictures and decided to share some. Thanks for the nice words. smiley

I was gifted the powerbank. The little things that count. It is 10000mAh. Works well (for now). cheesy

Which of them? The one in Ilesa was 14k. The one in Ibadan is about 25k a night.

Please let me know when next u want to go for another trip. Make we go together.. don't worry about money matter o
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Emaxwell(m): 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Mine charge my phone for two days no outage grin

Quite a good powerbank

You were lucky thou
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Jilux: 6:12pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Which of them? The one in Ilesa was 14k. The one in Ibadan is about 25k a night.

Okay, thanks
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Comparisons started by those that work in Lagos and live in ibadan

Ibadan is almost three times cheaper than Lagos with almost everything you can get in Lagos.

Good Schools (Liteforte, Marela, Concord, IsI, Oritamefa Baptist schools etc) University of Ibadan, Lead city etc.

Recreation facilities Shopping malls, Ibadan university zoo etc

Good estates much better than water logged Ajah/Sangotedo in Lagos.

Easy access roads.

So they understand what they are talking about.

They don’t...

Comparisons started by people who were born and brought up in Ibadan. I can agree that it is cheaper and easier to live in. But to say they are at par in development, technology, social life...etc? Na original weed fit bring that kind talk.

grin grin

Emaxwell:

Mine charge my phone for two days no outage grin

Quite a good powerbank

You were lucky thou

I’ve used it for over 24hrs before, charging two phones and my modem. Very lucky. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 6:18pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

They don’t...

Comparisons started by people who were born and brought up in Ibadan. I can agree that it is cheaper and easier to live in. But to say they are at par in development, technology, social life...etc? Na original weed fit bring that kind talk.

grin grin
I have spent more time in Lagos than ibadan in my entire life.

What do you mean by technology and development?

I understand social life because Lagos is the entertainment industry capital in Nigeria, no place can compete with Lagos social life in Nigeria maybe even in West Africa.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by paking(m): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:

Olashore International School is in Iloko Ijesha not Ijebu-jesa
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by pocohantas(f): 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I have spent more time in Lagos than ibadan in my entire life.

What do you mean by technology and development?

I understand social life because Lagos is the entertainment industry capital in Nigeria, no place can compete with Lagos social life in Nigeria maybe even in West Africa.

Thank you. That is all...
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Iamgrey5(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
pocohantas:

Thank you. That is all...
of course on social life Lagos is number one in Africa

That's why anyone that wants to succeed in the entertainment industry in Nigeria always makes Lagos his or her home or second home.

Ibadan is not really a city for those that enjoys a robust social life.
Re: Pictures And Observations From My Trip To Ijebu-jesa, A Town In Osun State by Teaser4(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:
Olashore is situated in Iloko Ilesa, it's a nearby town, about 10 minutes drive from Ijebu ijesa. The poster no waka wella, he didn't show you guys the biggest hotel in Ijebu Timsed Hotels and the Timsed broadcasting service. There's a privately owned polytechnic in Ijebu ijesa named "Interlink". Ijebu ijesa is a relatively peaceful town with stable electricity. I spent about a year there, while I was waiting for nysc call up later back in the days. #memories...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rehabilitation Work Commences At Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport In Abuja. See Photos / Bus Catches Fire On Niger Bridge / Passenger That Caused The Dana Air Emergency Door Incident Has Been Identified.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.