Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) (66341 Views)

DAYS TO INAUGURATION: Service Chiefs, Personal Security Top Tinubu’s Priorities / Danjuma Shiddi Usman Cultural Regalia To Inauguration Of House Of Representative / Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq Drove Himself To Inauguration Venue In Hilux (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by vioment: 4:47pm On Dec 23, 2020
Too much.

Correct person.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by 9gerian: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2020
Exactly! Been try to remember the description of that childhood slang wink

streetsoldier1:
make the guy change him name nah, jawando na person wey we dey dribble for football easily
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by DexterousOne(m): 5:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Dagz007:

Okay sir, does that mean Africa does not have a formal dressing code if not suit that was brought after the westernization?

The suit and tie is the GLOBALLY ADOPTED formal dress code
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by rachytenny2(f): 5:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
Lol...make sense.
Its a beautiful colour too.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by xeeco: 5:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ooni:
Rubbish. You are elected as American not Nigerian.

You need koboko to plum your brains with courtesy
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2020
olisaEze:
Rubbish reason. Oga you were elected to serve the American public as an American and not as an African representative. The agbada just makes you look stupid in a country with a civilized democracy, a far cry from what Africa has exhibited since the colonialists left them to themselves.

You're probably a looser in life
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nice. The Yoruba man moves forward and onwards, while the children of hate can sleep with the fishes or dance with the python.

1 Like

Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Coinbased: 5:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
Really
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by orisa37: 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
That's a Foreign DEMOCRATS with good IDEAS, WISDOM KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING. He isn't like the cooked Politicians we have here at home. That one is BORN FREE ALREADY.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by mohlanforex: 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
yeah the guy is Yoruba but correct spelling is JAWONDO, not JAWANDO.

there is Family House in Ilorin called JAWONDO FAMILY.

1 Like

Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
Complete sense you made bro.

I'm sorry but wearing that was absolutely unnecessary. You are there to work for the US not Nigeria.

There is a time for everything.

Ooni:
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Nobody forced them to wear suit. They are free to wear traditional as they always do!

hakeemhakeem:

Those that wore suit in Nigeria assemblies rep usa
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by aerologistics: 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2020
omoluabi..............................i feel you brooooaderrr....
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by kelly72: 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2020
uptimum123:
Yoruba Amaka

Hahaha....that's right
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 5:56pm On Dec 23, 2020
Cyberterror:
Even the accomplished diaspora are proud of Nigeria but worthless haters will keep hating.
who said they are proud? They feel sorry for the country .
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by johnmartus(m): 5:57pm On Dec 23, 2020
Is that not a big shame to you even despite that the guy stated why he showcased his culture through Africa attire you still find means to change the narration.

Only God really knows what come over to you guys
Draslo:
Not a very smart move considering even black people in America disdain actual Africans. Just wear their suit instead of rubbing your culture all over their faces. Just imagine it was an Indian wearing the Dhoti. Or a Chinese or Kenyan wearing their traditional clothing to an inaguration for a public office outside their borders, wouldn't he seem very ridiculous to you?

Unless it is an international body such as IMF, WHO, FIFA etc, it makes absolutely no sense
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Dollanaira: 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ok
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
hakeemhakeem:

There are jawandos in Ilorin
Now those Jawandos in Ilorin will contact this guy to beg and to look for favours claiming he is their brother.
If he was hustling he will be called Akata, they will say things like " who send you go america"
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Yodexy:
He is simply expressing himself. What you wear isn't a true measure of solidarity. If he truly reps Nigeria, let him join our political landscape and help wash some of our dirty linen.
You think one person can change your political landscape? Over 200million of you cannot change the lanscape its one man from US that will come and change the landscape.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Sufisunni:
He is proud of his root. Unlike that fugitive called Kanu hiding in the UK
He is probably doing it to buy more support. In this day when liberal views and multiculturalism is the new fad, he will do this to boost his political career. It has nothing to root
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omezif:
He's proud of nigeria and his culture, so no need to blame him. I know he will not be dressing in such way but once in a while.
Funny how you guys speak for him. Did he co e out to say he is proud? Oyinbos that wear agbada to marry your daughters do they wear it because they are proud or they do it to curry favours from their in -laws
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2020
ChiefSosa:
I find him to be the most good looking there, not just because I'm also a Nigerian. He looks Royal. That's Drip right there!
Because he is light skinned. SMH
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Jaqenhghar: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2020
ajl:

Jawando family are native of Lagos Island from the Epetedo/Oshodi area of Lagos Island. Jawandos is a popular family name on the Island. It's typical to call them by their last name. I have personal friends I grew up with on the Island who bear that name.

Oya. Una don come. Someone said the name is Ilorin, now it is Lagos, small time Adamawa people too will come and say jawando is native to their state.

Actually jawando in Hausa means "pull up trousers " grin
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by ChiefSosa(m): 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Because he is light skinned. SMH
Not because of that. I didn't even take note of that at first, I had to review the pictures now. Don't make assumptions when you don't know my thoughts. Cheers!
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Yodexy: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

You think one person can change your political landscape? Over 200million of you cannot change the lanscape its one man from US that will come and change the landscape.

I wasn't advocating change. He just need to play a part, no matter how little.

I honest head is better than 200 million corrupt heads.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by harmony75: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2020
Congratssssss man wish you a successful tenure Nigerian cultural dress so fresh ���
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by Eaglesence: 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ooni:

angry angry
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by fidtopade: 6:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
What could be more formal than this. Nigerian university authority will tell you that you must wear suit when coming to defend your project. Even when the project is about agricultural development in the rural area.
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by BENEAMATA: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2020
streetsoldier1:
make the guy change him name nah, jawando na person wey we dey dribble for football easily
Doubt the guy go understand grin
do you know i got to know this is actually someone's name from radiolagos some 15 years ago ? all these while . . . . . .
Re: Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) by BigBrother9ja: 7:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
Ooni:
Rope or gun, which one you need?
Frustration no go kill you fast o...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Father Mbaka: 'President Buhari Will Suffer, Was Abba Kyari Not Treated Abroad?' / Lagos APC Governorship Primaries: Nigerians React (photos) / Jubilation In Rivers As Lost Aircraft Finally Returns (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.