Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria (2199 Views)

‘aisha Will Unite Waring Groups In Taraba’ / Nda-isaiah: I Will Unite Nigeria, Fight Crime If Elected President / If Africa Will Unite,we Will Become The Best Continent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 12:28am On Mar 28, 2011
‘Jonathan will unite Nigeria’

Nigerians have been urged to elect President Goodluck Jonathan, as he will unite the nation.

A former publisher, Dr Moshood Fayemiwo, said this at the weekend.

Fayemiwo, who was incarcerated by the late Gen. Sani Abacha for two years before he was released by the Gen Abdulsalami Abubarkar regime, said: "Coming from the Niger Delta, Jonathan is better positioned to refocus the country and restore its image in the international community. We need a leader with good ideas, not a man who is seething for vengeance or one who would draw us back.

"Jonathan is a bridge between the old and the new. The only way we can perfect our union is to look beyond ethnic politics and allow the person with the best credentials occupy the highest seat in the country, no matter where he comes from.

"Every Nigerian has the right to aspire to become anything in the country. Nothing stops an Ijaw man from ruling.

"What we need is a consolidation of our democracy, which can best be done by a gentleman and not a soldier. We do not need the services of a soldier right now, but that of a leader with the healing balm. A nation is not run like a garrison."

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=y54AQxPCBVVJa3VVy1iJJi6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSxIa1rb4xKoAG98zYWyYxpnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:43am On Mar 28, 2011
A nation is not run like a garrison.

Nigeria is blessed with abundance of wise men. If only these men raised their kids well, nairaland would not be awash with confused kids calling for a return of garrison leadership for Nigeria in the 21st century. cry
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by EzeUche(m): 12:45am On Mar 28, 2011
There is hope for Nigeria. With optimism, we can move this nation in the right direction.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 12:46am On Mar 28, 2011
EzeUche:

There is hope for Nigeria. With optimism, we can move this nation in the right direction.

this is not ezeuche this is an imposer

who are u angry
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by ektbear: 12:49am On Mar 28, 2011
What evidence is there that he will unite Nigeria? Seems more like hopeful thinking.

Objectively speaking, he stands a good chance of destroying Nigeria too.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:50am On Mar 28, 2011
^^

Actually, if Jonathan loses this election, Nigeria may not survive it. If Buhari loses, nothing will happen.  cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 12:52am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

What evidence is there that he will unite Nigeria? Seems more like hopeful thinking.

Objectively speaking, he stands a good chance of destroying Nigeria too.

to me this man is disuniting nigeria

from lagos figures to kano and etc

dislike for the igbo population has already started on the internet not to talk of cities like kano

he need to tone down his big mouth and think before he talks

he is an agent of disunity. imo
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 12:54am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

Actually, if Jonathan loses this election, Nigeria may not survive it. If Buhari loses, nothing will happen.  cool

wrong brother

if jonathan loses nigerians will be happy thus survive of this unity is grantee
if buhari loses and jonathan continues with he ethnic bigoted statements about lagos and kano then nigeria will not survive
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 12:56am On Mar 28, 2011
The guy can't even unite the thieving PDP,how can he Unite Nigeria
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 12:57am On Mar 28, 2011
Alj Uche

Can you help me understand why Nigeria's unity is threatened simply because the north has not tested presidency for a few years out of the 50 years of Nigeria's independence?

What about the East that has only tasted it now for just one year?

Who do you think would leave Nigeria in such scenario?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 12:59am On Mar 28, 2011
Gayigaskia:

The guy can't even unite the thieving PDP,how can he Unite Nigeria

thank you

he was the state governor when MEND was shouting and now the president

what has he done to this terrorise group called MEND

can u imagine MEND threatening Nigerian to vote jonathan if we do not want a civil war
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:01am On Mar 28, 2011
^^

Do you think that Buhari can handle MEND? Do you think he is skilled enough to handle MEND?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:05am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

Alj Uche

Can you help me understand why Nigeria's unity is threatened simply because the north has not tested presidency for a few years out of the 50 years of Nigeria's independence?

What about the East that has only tasted it now for just one year?

Who do you think would leave Nigeria in such scenario?

Onlytruth, before jonathan i had supported an igbo president

i really do not care if he is north or south, so long as he does well for the country whether south or north.

I was part of the people that was telling people in my home state to not answer Ciroma because he sounded like a bigot

I clearly understand that the world of nigeria does not revolve around the north.

But jonathan has been there for 11 months now and yet is promises

he dines with IBB , Ciroma ,OBJ and others while people like duke, and other progressives are there

if the east produces a good candidate like ameche, why not !

i believe in Nigeria and i do not see north or south but nigeria

i travel a lot infact i am in port harcount right now. soon i would be going to lagos

so it was never about the north or east but about nigeria cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:07am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

Do you think that Buhari can handle MEND? Do you think he is skilled enough to handle MEND?

yes i strongly believe so and that is why bigoted people like edwin clark do not want buhari but instead jonathan.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 1:09am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

Yes, he will work out a comprehensive plan with them to put the arms down. If they refuse then civilians and their wealth will be secure and preserve by the Nigerian Army, Airforce,and Navy cool cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:14am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Alj Uche

Onlytruth, before jonathan i had supported an igbo president

i really do not care if he is north or south, so long as he does well for the country whether south or north.

I was part of the people that was telling people in my home state to not answer Ciroma because he sounded like a bigot

I clearly understand that the world of nigeria does not revolve around the north.

But jonathan has been there for 11 months now [/b]and yet is promises

he dines with IBB , Ciroma ,OBJ and others while people like duke, and other progressives are there

if the east produces a good candidate like ameche, why not !

[b]i believe in Nigeria and i do not see north or south but nigeria

i travel a lot infact i am in port harcount right now. soon i would be going to lagos

so it was never about the north or east but about nigeria

What do you expect a Nigerian president to achieve in 11 months? Frankly!  shocked shocked
Look, most of you northerners are fond of saying that you love Nigeria, but you refuse to make the necessary sacrifice to see the country stay one.
You have only been out of presidency for a few years, and you are threatening fire and brimestone and conducting endless meetings and conspiring against a man from a minority tribe in Eastern Nigeria whose only "crime" is to want to serve his country as president. And you don't see how his people feel about that?

Believe me, a lot of folks supporting Buhari are those want want Nigeria to break up -some do it knowingly, while some do it unknowingly.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:19am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

What do you expect a Nigerian president to achieve in 11 months? Frankly!  shocked shocked
Look, most of you northerners are fond of saying that you love Nigeria, but you refuse to make the necessary sacrifice to see the country stay one.
You have only been out of presidency for a few years, and you are threatening fire and brimestone and conducting endless meetings and conspiring against a man from a minority tribe in Eastern Nigeria whose only "crime" is to want to serve his country as president. And you don't see how his people feel about that?

Believe me, a lot of folks supporting Buhari are those want want Nigeria to break up -some do it knowingly, while some do it unknowingly.

Nigeria will not break up!!! Its all noise, no action. WHO WANTs BIAFRA part 2 What is the point of going to a war where you will lose EVERYTHING,EVEN THE LITTLE THEY HAVE? People should learn how to fight with their head!! Trust me[b], NOTHING WILL HAPPEN!!![/b]
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:20am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted by: Gayigaskia
Yes, he will work out a comprehensive plan with them to put the arms down. If they refuse then civilians and their wealth will be secure and preserve by the Nigerian Army, Airforce,and Navy

My friend you missed the gist of the question: Is Buhari skilled enough to handle MEND?
Garrison thinking will only internationalize that problem. I know you northerners don't get it yet.

Your Army, Airforce and Navy is archaic compared to the ones that would actually resolve the problem.  cool cool cool
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Kobojunkie: 1:22am On Mar 28, 2011
Nigeria is today more divided than it has been in the last 30 years. Every which way you turn, the division is further outlined, even in the media more than during the years of military rule.
I am not certain how a man who aided in dividing this country in the first place will, after a whole year of himself benefiting from this division, suddenly be seen as the one to turn this around.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:24am On Mar 28, 2011
I am only looking at it from Ijaw (and to some extent Eastern) perspective.
If a sitting president loses an election because he is from Ijawland, what I am still doing in such country.

For me as an Igbo man, we say that " a slave that witnesses the unceremonious burial of his fellow slave, should be advised that the same fate awaits him". cool That's all.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:26am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

If a sitting president loses an election because he is from Ijawland, what I am still doing in such country.

For me as an Igbo man, we say that " a slave that witnesses the unceremonious burial of his fellow slave, should be advised that the same fate awaits him". cool That's all.  

If anything, you will be surprised that it is the Igbo man that will fight to keep the Ijaw in this ONE NIGERIA!!! Forget this internet talk.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by ektbear: 1:26am On Mar 28, 2011
*shrug*

If he loses, no big deal. It isn't by force that he must be president. In theory we are a democracy. . . so if he doesn't get enough votes, he shouldn't be president.

Especially given all his incumbent advantages. . .

Playing the minority card and crying marginalization is a bit silly.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:27am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

[]Look, most of you northerners are fond of saying that you love Nigeria, but you refuse to make the necessary sacrifice to see the country stay one. [/b]

[]You have only been out of presidency for a few years, and you are threatening fire and brimestone and conducting endless meetings and conspiring against a man from a minority tribe in Eastern Nigeria whose only "crime" is to want to serve his country as president. And you don't see how his people feel about that?[/b]

@ bolded
shocked shocked onlytruth u surprised me u know

so how many months does it take benin-ore road to be repair

how many months does it take more turbines to be brought and replace the 2 that were destroyed during the war

how many months does it take a president to repair the refineries
remember he is not building it from scratch but repairing it

take a look at lagos and fashola, it took he just 2 weeks to transform oshodi market

@ 2nd paragraph

we are not fond of saying we love nigeria, WE ACTUALLY LOVE NIGERIA. Remember we voted for OBJ a yoruba man to be the president even though his people did not, and we can do the same for an igbo or ijaw man anytime.

@3rd

all that is ciroma's headache not us the masses, we never supported ciroma

moreover his crime is not being a minority, remember i am also a minority in the north (kanuri) so it is not about minority or majority. that is the fact

@4

break the county up because we support a man we belive would end corruption
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 1:28am On Mar 28, 2011
Yeah before Jonathan came to the helm of power YarAdua was making good progress with MEND and all Militants. But you can see now how backward we are with your GEJ in 11 months, only God knows how far back we will be if he wins Godforid.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by jason123: 1:28am On Mar 28, 2011
ekt_bear:

*shrug*

If he loses, no big deal. It isn't by force that he must be president. In theory we are a democracy. . . so if he doesn't get enough votes, he shouldn't be president.

Especially given all his incumbent advantages. . .

Playing the minority card and crying marginalization is a bit silly.

well said!!!!
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AljUche: 1:31am On Mar 28, 2011
Gayigaskia:

Yeah before Jonathan came to the helm of power YarAdua was making good progress with MEND and all Militants. But you can see now how backward we are with your GEJ in 11 months, only God knows how far back we will be if he wins Godforid.

very good point

jonathan has even started given this people free money and yet they still wanted to blow up abuja and lagos
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:34am On Mar 28, 2011
@Alj Uche

What did your brother Yar adua achieve in 3 years?
What did Shehu Shagari achieve in almost 5 years?

You think we don't remember these.

Jonathan is not even the president now, he is only serving out Yar adua's term, and inherited a lot of mess.
He has been reshaping policy and actually did some work.

Obasanjo was complaining that 8 years wasn't enough for him.  shocked

You guys should speak the truth for once.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:36am On Mar 28, 2011
I really want to debate you northerners, I'm tired of debating Yoruba's and their loud mouths.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Abagworo(m): 1:36am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

People like you are part of our problem in Nigeria.Who told you that Jonathan's loss is because of being an Ijaw.He has failed to address the Ijaw issue and Nigerian issue as a whole.I lost faith in him on October 1st 2010 after he assembled retired criminals and called them MEND.

I want Nigeria to work and that is what every right thinking Nigerian should want.Let the refineries really work,let the teachers really teach,let the police really secure,let everything be by merit,let's say no to bribery and corruption,no more sorting in schools,no more indiscriminate dumping of refuse,let us join the queue and wait our turn.All these are achievable only under one man.This is our chance to right all the wrongs of the past.

Let's help Nigeria WORK

Let's vote BB.
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Onlytruth(m): 1:39am On Mar 28, 2011

What do you mean by that Yar adua was making progress. Did they (MEND) abandon "resource control"?
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by AbuMaryam1(m): 1:41am On Mar 28, 2011
In either way GEJ is a victim of been PDP member, in the past twelve years pdp have not offer anything good to Nigerians, now is a time Nigerians are looking for better hand that has more relevance unlike PDP, I bet you if GEJ will quit PDP things would have been another way. No matter how Good is GEJ as long as he is under thAt umblela i pity him, oh you didnt see Fashola he shun the umblela while its raining. Nobody is polarizing choosing of Buhari within the content of ethnicity and bigotry. BB ticket is most will happen if we are to reach our dreamland, P D P is failure, shike nan
Re: Jonathan Will Unite Nigeria by Gayigaskia(m): 1:42am On Mar 28, 2011
Onlytruth:

What do you mean by that MEND was making progress. Did they abandon "resource control"?

Don't distord what i said, i said yarAdua was making progress in the Niger Delta. Even the US and the UN have said so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I FULFILLED MY PROMISE>>>>>>>GEJ / Watch Imo State Youths Destroying Ohakim Billboard Of Fake 10,000 Jobs In Owerri / Don't Be Deceived, There Is No Oil Subsidy - Sam Aluko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.