Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,870 members, 7,828,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival (13931 Views)

Best Way To Congratulate A Muslim On The Day Of Eid / Ruling On A Muslim Man Marrying A Non-muslim Woman And Vice Versa / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Lukgaf(m): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
Pymetrics:
Jazakallahu khayra @Scholar Lukgaf. The Part that says not accepting with love..... Is the area I want clarify.
To those who misunderstood this portion, the part was saying that don't accept by showing love for the non Islamic festivals they are celebrating. That's all.

We attend your wedding, house warming, naming ceremony and we eat and no problem in that. So not celebrating and accepting gifts related to your festival does not turn us to be enemy. It's simple understanding.
Meanwhile, some Christians too would say it point blank that they don't accept sallah gifts and we don't fight them. We live normal. So what's now the fuss?

I wonder o, yah Sheikh. Wa antum fajazakumLahu khaeran
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Oesophagus99(m): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
ChimuchiYola:
I totally disagree with this post.... I am a Muslim and I can eat and celebrate Christmas with my christian sisters and christian boyfriend...

If care is not taken he will still fvck my puna today sef

It is not a sin

..would you pls GET your Filthy coochie off the track!
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ahiboilandgas: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2020
Szkpytqgdcvx925:

shut up muslims invented many many things and u used them to day is that not hypocrisy
like ?cos the internet u are using to spread hate .was invented by ...clown....other human wish us happy sallah ....but u are here spreading hate in human race .....if God want want ever soul to be Muslim u has the power .....

4 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by omokab: 1:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
Chiprince007:
Don't accept the gift because of friendship,but do it so you can soften the heart for conversion

Islam is trash

Stay away from Islam
both of you are equal. God has bever said in the Quaran that you should accept their meat to soften their mind for conversion. I don't know where he got his own version.

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by FantasticJ: 1:22pm On Dec 25, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

And if the person after converting decide to leave
But the other religion promise paradise and hell fire also. Christianity was there before Islam.

You will be happy if you convert someone child to Islam, how will you feel if someone converts your child?

Christianity doesn't exist before Islam, there was nothing like Christian before until when the English want to conquer Europe and try to reform the Jews.
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by anigbajumo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 25, 2020
Jimmyubah2:

Sorry you are a bigot.
I repeat, you are a fanatic.
Can't you questions some wrong religious doctrines?

You can only say an bigot or fanatic if u bring in any verse just any single verse from Quran in Hadith that support celebrating another festival apart from the two the prophet said....

Islam is a total different religion, u can't do it as u like, u av to follow the laydown procedures and the teachings of the prophet... kindly prove me wrong by bring in any Hadith that supports Muslim celebrating Christmas.
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by aminusodiq(m): 1:32pm On Dec 25, 2020
Lukgaf:

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/85108/accepting-a-gift-from-a-kaafir-on-the-day-of-his-festival
I'm a Muslim and coincidentally, I'm presently eating a Christmas food brought by a neighbor grin I'm not celebrating Christmas my intentions is pure. I'm just eating the food brought by a celebrant... I'm a Yoruba Muslim and I beliving in loving and respecting ones neighbors irrespective of their belives

8 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by walkingshadow911: 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
Abdulhakeem78:

May the peace of Allah be with you. If truly you are a Muslim, the situations of every matter begin and end with Allah and His noble Prophet ( peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The festival is heavily based on the celebrations of the birth of God's son or Lord. These two things, as far as Islam is concerned, are very much serious. Based on the my above statement, I would mention few of the reasons why you cannot eat nor celebrate Christian festivals. They include the following:
1. That Allah has begotten son. Which contradicts what Allah says in Qur'an that: He begets not, nor was He begotten. (Surat Al-Ikhlas)
2. If it were to be that of the term of Lord, it means the celebration of the birth of the owner of the worlds. This is totally out of the ways of Islam because the ownership of the Worlds is with Almighty Allah alone. This claim can take someone out of the fold of Islam.
3. The festivals in Islam have been stipulated, so no Muslims should celebrate any other festivals other than the ones recognized by Islam. Celebration is part of what a Muslim should learn like Solat.
4. Celebrating with them in this period of the year has negated one's belief in the shahadah which says "there is no deity worthy of being worshipped other than Allah. If you will be sincere with yourself, judge the statement in regard to Christianity and Christians.
5. The origin of the festival is palpably unclean, even among the Christians many of them didn't recognise it nor celebrate it. You can read further on this.
Just to mention but a few, Christmas, New year and other festivals of the people of the books are unislamic that a responsible, responsive and reasonable Muslim should distant his /her from.
Note: other than their festivals of any kind, Islam makes their food permissible such as it has been mentioned in Suratul Al-Maidah. You can celebrate with them also in things that are permissible within Islamic injunctions such as naming ceremony, wedding, house warming, convocation etc. The issues in Islam are meant for Allah and His messenger to dictate not by your thinking or your whims and caprices. May Allah bless you Ma.

why laying so much emphasis on ordinary foods. How does taking from another change your faith in your own religion.
while love is uniting us, religion keep dividing us

your prophet already open up to you before he died that your salvation is personal and that he himself did not know is own fate after dealth. surah 46:9
But you guys refused to wake up.
I'm so sorry for your loss

3 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
FantasticJ:

Christianity doesn't exist before Islam, there was nothing like Christian before until when the English want to conquer Europe and try to reform the Jews.

Which Christians was the Qur'an talking about then? Which Christians did Muhammad meet during his time?

4 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 25, 2020
Chiprince007:
Don't accept the gift because of friendship,but do it so you can soften the heart for conversion

Islam is trash

Stay away from Islam
it's called Taqiya
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Jimmyubah2: 2:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
anigbajumo:

You can only say an bigot or fanatic if u bring in any verse just any single verse from Quran in Hadith that support celebrating another festival apart from the two the prophet said....

Islam is a total different religion, u can't do it as u like, u av to follow the laydown procedures and the teachings of the prophet... kindly prove me wrong by bring in any Hadith that supports Muslim celebrating Christmas.
Rubbish..... Keep living your life on those wicked doctrines. You are the real problems of this world.

2 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 25, 2020
Canberra55:
Lukgaf, why must everything in Islam be done with deceit? So while your neighbor is busy planning to bless you with chicken, you and allah are busy scheming to deceive your neighbors to believe you actually received the gift out of love and sincerity. INDEED ALLAH AND MUSLIMS ARE THE BEST OF DECEIVERS .

Why can't anything in Islam be 100% plain and open without anythin hidden? Does your religion thrive on anything but DECEPTION. If you know your only reason for accepting the chicken is because you're trying to convert, let them know so they can go and give d rice to somebody that'll accept it for the sake of open love .

you just quoted a passage of Quran Allah is the best deceiver.

It's called Taqiya

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by sugeJ: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2020
You know this is shii is crap
It's just food
During Salah Christians also eat ram

2 Likes

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ChimuchiYola(f): 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
mad people boku for this forum Sha embarassed

Its just the bitter truth... I love him so much and he loves me too

He promised to convert to Islam because of me
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ChimuchiYola(f): 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
Oesophagus99:

..would you pls GET your Filthy coochie off the track!

I don't have any business with you.... Stay the hell away from my mention
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:23pm On Dec 25, 2020
nnamdico82:
Honourable mad man sighted. How is your fellow mad colleagues? Ndiara, onufefe.

Buhahaha grin don't tell you're pained because we are celebrating a living King of Kings, Lord of Lords and Messiah

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by walkingshadow911: 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2020
IdisuleOurOwn:

Which Christians was the Qur'an talking about then? Which Christians did Muhammad meet during his time?

does punks don't have brain of their own, they believe virtually everything their imam tells them like a zombie. even their prophet didn't know if he would make heaven or hell after he finished with them. surah 46:9
imagine!

am done with those fvckstard abeg...

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by oloyedewaris(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2020
ifko:

That doesn't mean his birth is not recognize by them. They just choose not to.
really
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by TerrorSquad147: 7:47pm On Dec 25, 2020
sunshineV:
people wey dey mard. i'm muslim and we kill chicken. fvck ur prison mental religion
don't mind them ass.holes
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by TerrorSquad147: 7:51pm On Dec 25, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
mad people boku for this forum Sha embarassed
hahahaha grin grin
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by TerrorSquad147: 8:01pm On Dec 25, 2020
aminusodiq:
I'm a Muslim and coincidentally, I'm presently eating a Christmas food brought by a neighbor grin I'm not celebrating Christmas my intentions is pure. I'm just eating the food brought by a celebrant... I'm a Yoruba Muslim and I beliving in loving and respecting ones neighbors irrespective of their belives
sodiq werey grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by aminusodiq(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
sodiq werey grin grin cheesy cheesy
lol... How u dey

1 Like

Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by Bimpe29: 8:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
May we rightly guided by Allah.
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by TerrorSquad147: 8:35pm On Dec 25, 2020
aminusodiq:
lol... How u dey
I'm doing good bro, and you?
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by LordReed(m): 9:48pm On Dec 25, 2020
This is a baffling response. Muslim offer others meat that was slaughtered during their festivals, why would you do that and claim taking meat from someone else during their own religious festival is wrong? Sounds hypocritical.
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by LordReed(m): 9:50pm On Dec 25, 2020
FantasticJ:

Don't try to rewrite history. Christianity was well established hundreds of years before Muhammed arrived on the scene.
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by aminusodiq(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2020
TerrorSquad147:
I'm doing good bro, and you?
great... Trying to decide boss..
Re: Accepting A Gift From A Non-muslim On His Day Of Festival by hardeytarhyour(m): 8:49pm On Jan 09, 2021
ahiboilandgas:
but covid 19 vaccine and other drugs developed by non Muslim are good for Muslim consumption ? ....u are fly plane build by non Muslim to perform hajj that o.k .....hear urself and think deep ....
Yes, it is permissible for Muslim to make use of all those thing Okay! in as far as Shariah is concern, Islam permit Transaction to happen between Muslims and Non Muslims (on permissible transaction).
Muslims produce and sell to Non Muslim and vice versa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid Mubarak To All Muslims / Eid Ul Adha (ileya) 2022 Is On The 9th Of July / Islam In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.