Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! (13575 Views)

Worst Food You Have Ever Eaten? / What Is The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten When Hungry / Best Nigerian Food You've Ever Seen,eaten, Or Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by maree7(f): 9:06pm On Aug 15, 2007
@ iice

yes i think we dislike the same thing
i think its called ikokore
dat stuff is just plain nasty lipsrsealed
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by ikamefa(f): 1:00am On Aug 17, 2007
sushi ! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! angry
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by Glorya(f): 1:58pm On Aug 17, 2007
hahaha, am almost rolling on d floor with laughter. We sure have eaten some nasty things. i think d worst food i have eaten is 'gwote' a meal prepared with acha and vegetables and some concoctions. real nasty.

On the other hand, my neigbours love to eat some kind of funny foods that when it is being cooked, u had better remin in your house and lock your doors and windows cos the smell of the food is dangerous to health. I think there is a soup prepared with pawpaw and garden eggs. I met my neigbours eating beans and moi-moi and fried eggs with kunu to wash it down and he told me it was balanced diet, i nearly laughed my eyes out.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by iice(f): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2007
Glorya. . .for some reason my mom loves gwote. . .i tend to just pick out the meat and eat that mostly.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by viee(f): 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2007
Glorya:

hahaha, am almost rolling on d floor with laughter. We sure have eaten some nasty things. i think d worst food i have eaten is 'gwote' a meal prepared with acha and vegetables and some concoctions. real nasty.

On the other hand, my neigbours love to eat some kind of funny foods that when it is being cooked, u had better remin in your house and lock your doors and windows because the smell of the food is dangerous to health. I think there is a soup prepared with pawpaw and garden eggs. I met my neigbours eating beans and moi-moi and fried eggs with kunu to wash it down and he told me it was balanced diet, i nearly laughed my eyes out.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by omoge(f): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2007
The Tivs eat Pawpaw soup, it is the vegetable they add to their egusi (the long whitish shell egusi) with bushmeat. The soup taste nice o.

PS: green pawpaw not the ripe ones.

so one man's meat is another man's poison.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by sweeti14(f): 6:33pm On Sep 15, 2007
scous scous or cous cous whatever its called i shaa know i hate it. angry
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by omoge25(f): 12:49am On Sep 17, 2007
lentils i cant stand them.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by Mustay(m): 5:22am On Sep 17, 2007
SWEETI14
IS IT THAT SHIT THE NORTH AFRICANS USUALLY EAT?
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by BABEELOVE(f): 2:16pm On Sep 17, 2007
Indomie Noodle---------------------Poor man food!  Fake noodles or fake spaghetti from Gwanzheou---------China!!!! God forbid bad thing oh!!!! cry

Gosh! A hate that thing----10 for $1----------------spits!

Only God knows what is inside! Cheaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap stuff!!!! angry
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by ayeesha: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2007
eww
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Mar 07, 2008
Acha, my mother's friend cooked it, total disaster!!!!! Another total disaster was Ukpa egede, overriped plantain and maize grinded together, geez mega disaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by falgor1: 2:53pm On Mar 23, 2008
LOL. I saw this forum and had to post. Check out this site: www.worstfoodever.com There you will find your answers.

Good thread.

Falgor
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by dominique(f): 6:45pm On Mar 23, 2008
i have tasted acha before, not so bad but i'm sure not gong to eat it anytime soon. the worst food i've eaten is indian jollof rice. i tried it in my friends place (she married an indian), it was soooo horrible, too much weird spices i almost threw up tongue tongue
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by bignero: 8:24pm On Mar 24, 2008
some thing the south south people call ekpankukwo and yorubas call ikokore or ifokore its all the same
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by dominique(f): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2008
don't know why most peeps hate it (ikokore), i enjoy it (and i'm not ijebu).

sweeti14:

scous scous or cous cous whatever its called i shaa know i hate it. angry

true talk, iyama.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by WAVixen: 8:26am On Mar 27, 2008
Mine has got to be octupus, they had stones.

Imagine grinding stones at your guests dinner table?! It wasn't pleasant at all,at all.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by lami4life(f): 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2008
i have this aunt who's very, very adventurous when it comes to culinary skills. She can come up with a wide variety of food combinations that can actually expedite ones journey to the grave! But because she's a very nice individual and has the best of intentions, some of us who are dear to her have had to endure the minutes of gulping down these poison sorry, food, with plastic smiles and complimentary remarks God help you if you leave out the complimentary remarks

Now one of most amazing combinations I'v encountered with her is Akamu (pap) with cooked rice now wait for this mixed together shocked.

On learning about our menu for the day, virtually every family member came up with reasons to abscond or abstain (e.g 'Sorry I'v got to leave, something just came up'; 'I'm on a special diet, won't be able to join you"; I'll eat mine later. Just leave it in the pot"wink . Muggins (now that's me) was feeling so considerate and decided to make her happy by eating.

In retrospect, that was the singular most suicidal action I'v ever taken angry. I still live with the regret. cry

1 Like

Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 08, 2008
FuFu lipsrsealed
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by FELORE(f): 5:57pm On Apr 08, 2008
ONE OF DA MOST DISGUSTING FOOD ever was dis gross, nasty irish soup , i think i puked after i took like 2 sips, nasty meh, even the irish girls spat it out, grin cheesy :Domo it wasn't funny, it was NASTY.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by lucabrasi(m): 9:49pm On Apr 10, 2008
snails and boiled pig(pork)
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by crisp: 2:20pm On Apr 18, 2008
lami4life:

i have this aunt who's very, very adventurous when it comes to culinary skills. She can come up with a wide variety of food combinations that can actually expedite ones journey to the grave! But because she's a very nice individual and has the best of intentions, some of us who are dear to her have had to endure the minutes of gulping down these poison sorry, food, with plastic smiles and complimentary remarks God help you if you leave out the complimentary remarks

Now one of most amazing combinations I'v encountered with her is Akamu (pap) with cooked rice now wait for this mixed together shocked.

On learning about our menu for the day, virtually every family member came up with reasons to abscond or abstain (e.g 'Sorry I'v got to leave, something just came up'; 'I'm on a special diet, won't be able to join you"; I'll eat mine later. Just leave it in the pot"wink . Muggins (now that's me) was feeling so considerate and decided to make her happy by eating.

In retrospect, that was the singular most suicidal action I'v ever taken angry. I still live with the regret. cry

You're mean : grin grin grin

Worst I've eaten is Wara that whitish thing dat is actually not fit for consumption
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by ceasyc(f): 3:41pm On Oct 18, 2008
am very fussy wen it cums to food
d only time i remember was in
sweden wen i went out wit
some friends to a mexican or spanish restaurant

didnt no wat to order on d menu
cos dey all looked new n strange 2 me
so i told 1 of my friends to order 4 me
i think it was pasta

big mistake
it tasted so horrible
i didnt take more than two fork/spoons of d food
i left d food like that oh
felt like throwing up
so i try hard not to taste new things/foreign food
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by lucabrasi(m): 10:58pm On Oct 18, 2008
not food as such but cooked pig,had heart burn for like the whole day
went to a fam friends where i was offered spaghetti mixed with some herbs and tomatoe sauce n stuffs,culdnt say no and had t sit there and smile while forcing the thing down my throat meen it was bad
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 18, 2008
FUFU!! angry
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by TOYOSI20(f): 11:53pm On Oct 18, 2008
Filipino food. . . . . . . lipsrsealed
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by omoge(f): 12:45am On Oct 19, 2008
oyinbo frozen food shocked
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by lake1(f): 6:16pm On Apr 29, 2009
There's is food called Ebiripo in ijebu, its made of cocoayam (maybe its called Cocoayam Pudding) i hate it, then Beans, the sight of beans makes me Vo, t
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by TOYOSI20(f): 5:52am On Apr 30, 2009
Duck meat. . . .it was boiled!! shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Goat milk!!. . . .i thought it was milk of Magnesia!! lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed

Liver in Fried Rice. . . .i had to condemn the whole dish for real!! angry angry angry undecided

Brussel sprouts. . . . tongue tongue

Anchovies. . . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by yicob(m): 12:44pm On Apr 30, 2009
Duck meat, Goat milk and Liver in fried rice ? Heck ! These are my favorite dish.
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by touchmeder: 2:37pm On Apr 30, 2009
mushroom, cocoyam plus any sort of soup cooked with cocoyam
Re: The Worst Food You've Ever Eaten !! by BenHundred(m): 3:21am On May 03, 2009
The food on the klm flights lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Quick Steps To Start A Profitable Wine Retail Business In Nigeria / Your Take On The Increase In The Price Of Beans / Become Certified In PUBLIC RELATIONS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.