Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) (68126 Views)

SWAT: Six Things To Know About New Police Unit / Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly Under Siege By SARS (Photos) / Reformed SARS... New Rules Of Engagement- Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by jeruba: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2020

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by baggioni: 10:57am On Dec 28, 2020
Ezyp:

This is not bully. I no mean to insult you but your write up itself is an insult to innocent people been harassed by these men. Why will they search someone phone. I was once arrested because I no carry the receipt to my laptop I had to bail myself with lots of money. Tell me how is that a crime. A friend of mine came back from the US after 8 years there and was arrested because they saw foreign contact numbers on his phone list. In a sane country the police has no right to go through your gadgets without court order.
Then one politician will pay you little amount of money for you to come online to show case how stupid your brain has been washed so easily making it seems like the citizens like what these crazy police men do.
LOL
You are a little bit civil this time around, but for the sake of correction I am not a politician and even not interested in being one,therefore no one is paying anyone here. It is a matter of perception, we address issue differently. Policing anywhere in the world is not perfect, but calling for the total annihilation of our security apparatus is as if we are handling the reigns of our society over to ritualists, kidnappers, armed robbers etc
The police devils are better than the mentioned above

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by pacespot(m): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2020
capitalzero:

You see all these security agents are not interested in their work. They have targets to meet through bribery and corruption. To get this done, they just have to pick young guys randomly, search their phones , look for incriminating evidences , intimidate them and collect bribes.
Drug business accounts for 10% of international trade. Politicians, celebrities and businessmen are into it.
Drug war is a waste of human and financial resources. I agree with Kofi Annan who said governments should stop fighting drug war but instead they should regulate it. Drug, arm deals and human trafficking are social issues that cannot be solved by waging wars.

Exactly, so far there is demand for drugs, no body can stop it. If they want to stop drug traficking, they should first of all stop people from consuming it or provide alternative that is better for drug users. That is the only way to stop drugs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by udomma1005(m): 11:31am On Dec 28, 2020
DoubleEngine007:
Police normally na thieves na. They can't change,be it SWAT or WART undecided
NDLEA is now Police, abi?
Stewpid & ingredients, you are! undecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Isokoboy101(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2020
This country don tire me I swear, I can't wait to escape from this zoo
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by HopeSpencer: 12:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). Special Weapons And Tactical Unit (SWAT)

Is not related to

Nigerian Police Force (NPF)
Special Anti Roberry Squad (SARS)

Do you expect NDLEA to catch interstates Drug dealers and couriers without stop and search?! Can they just seat in their office and the dealers would present themselves to NDLEA

Don't decieve yourself. I was riding my personal Bajaj bike 5 days ago without carrying any load. I put on helmet too and they tried to stop me. I didn't wait for them. I looked decent and law-abiding... that was why they tried to stop me. They didn't stop ruggedlooking okada riders. Nonsense
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). Special Weapons And Tactical Unit (SWAT)

Is not related to

Do you expect NDLEA to catch interstates Drug dealers and couriers without stop and search?! Can they just seat in their office and the dealers would present themselves to NDLEA

They should go to point of entry and exit, they should stop harassing Nigerians.
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Athemisia: 1:02pm On Dec 28, 2020
xProfx:

You assume you know everything about security... Go ahead, take up a law enforcement job and see how easy it us to catch criminals cos they write it on their fore heads...
Place it first on your Mofo dumb � skull...
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by grandstar(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2020
Golan007:

That is your interpretation.

SWAT as the name goes means special weapons and tactics.

Drug syndicates are often dangerous and armed.
They are often mean and vindictive.

It only makes sense for the Drug Law Enforcement Agency to protect its officers with weapons to mitigate against violent attacks.

What you wish and the reality of things are to be kept separate when you reason.

I very much doubt USA SWAT will be on the street searching your phones

I am not against SWAT but worry the Nigerian type will simply become an extortion force as SARS degenerated to.
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by LogoDesigner01: 4:19pm On Dec 28, 2020
God will help us
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by dheilaw1(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2020
Golan007:

What is wrong with stopping and searching?

so nothing is wrong with checking people privacy/phone? you have obviously gone madt
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 28, 2020
Timipriye Sylva is a well-known drug user while he was Governor and now that he is Minister, So is Sawnwo-Olu.. but you bastards never stop and search these peeps
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Deepthoughts: 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2020
Ebonyitvnews:
This picture has been trending for quite a long time.

The NDLEA SWAT perform similar operations like SARS.

They engage in "STOP AND SEARCH' and also checkmate passengers phone.

Is this the rebranded SARS??
The police need to get the NDLEA guys to drop the SWAT acronym,ndlea can form their special ops unit n give them any name they wish, this is how SPECIAL FORCE has been bastardized in Nigeria, imagine vigilante with special force!.
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Thazard(m): 11:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
unity004:
cheesy there is nothing like reform it's just the name they change. for example military regime Buhari and civilian regime Buhari is still the wicked Buhari we all know

grin
Re: NDLEA SWAT: Is This The Reformed SARS? (Photos) by Mrscarter(f): 3:42am On Dec 29, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA). Special Weapons And Tactical Team (SWAT)

Is not related to

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Abuja Buying Suya (Photo) / Presidential Pardon: Ambrose Alli's Family Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.