Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,032 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved (931 Views)

Adams Oshiomhole And His Wife To Be, Lala Fortez (photos) / Guess What I Just Watched On CNN Now? / Is This Nigeria? I Was Moved To Tears By These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by Donmeca(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2011
In the almost ten minutes documentary/campaign jingle, the comrade governor started by comparing PDP ten year Edo state with his two year old state. . .in terms of major infrastructures (roads, schools, hospitals markets, street lights and urban transport system), all with pictures. He said that the PDP made Edo people believe that street lights were an impossibility but he and ACN have proven that nightlife could still come back to Benin and other cities, that students/pupils who hitherto had no roof over their school buildings and mounted okada for 10 years of democracy can now study in conducive classrooms and use the comrade bus (BRT replica) to and fro schools in under two years. He showed lots of before and after pictures as I watched and listened attentively. He said that his administration was opening up rural communities cos ", we cannot lament rural poverty away, we need to confront it frontally" and I soooo agree with him.

He then explained to Edo people what made his achievements possible. And explained that with d right kind of people repping d state in both chambers of the NASS, he wud be buoyed to do even more as those people will attract more federal government projects to d state and push bills for the betterment of Edo people. He also campaigned that if he had a good relationship with d Edo legislators, his government wud do more and better work for the people.  In the end he told d people to punish d party that kept them in hardship for ten years while sharing public money with their god fathers and reward the one that is already delivering them, the party that believes that public money shud be put to public use. He begged Edo people to vote the broom. He said that a vote for any of the ACN NASS candidate is a vote for him (Adams).

The fact that the advert came immediately after the NEDG debate/interview of Sambo made it a masterpiece. I hate PDP but there is a limit to emotions, I like GEJ now and ever since Atiku and his father, Ciroma felt they could just wake up and take the presidency cos they are from d north. He is humble and humane (or appears so). That said, I would love to see a change not just in Aso Rock but in the approach to leadership. . .our dear country is in an emergency situation and needs to be given prompt priority treatment. We need not just change but positive change.  That's y I felt like sharing this with u.

I simply like the personalisation of other peoples' campaign . . .I was truly move with the pictures I saw considering that Igbinedion spent eight years of his life without moving a stone off any Edo road. If were an Edo person, I wud av voted ACN cos of d comrade. But I also know that our problem is not parties but individuals, I wud gladly vote Sullivan Chime of PDP in my home state than any other candidate Chimaraoke Nnamani wud put forward. . .Chimaraoke taught us how not to trust govt in Enugu while Chime of d same PDP) is teaching us that govt is trustworthy. So in end, I think it is Fashola and Adams that are doing well, not ACN. I wish this kind of thing can be said of the ACN at the presidential level. I don't trust Ribadu and don't even fancy his chances on the 9th of April. . .does Ribadu have a good chance of winning or even coming 2nd behind GEJ (in d event of a run-off)? I wud really love to change the status quo but not waste my vote. . . I wish d opposition can come up with a person that CAN WIN d elections (not for d north or zoning but a credible and marketable fellow).

and Buhari. . .i don't know. . .I truly do not know if his change is a good one or not. As far as I know he is part of the Nigerian ruling class and I wish to see a departure from the ruling class atleast the man who wears the cap (b4 checking who is backing him)
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by PhysicsMHD(m): 9:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
GEJ is going to win.

I'm pretty sure Oshiomhole will get a second term, though. Same for Fashola, Chime, Amaechi, etc.
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by ektbear: 9:47pm On Mar 28, 2011
There is something refreshing about citizens voting for people rather than parties.

In a way, this is more sophisticated voting than say your typical mindless American voter who votes Democrat/Republican only.
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by hercules07: 2:26am On Mar 29, 2011
ekiti

The people of Bauchi voted for Yuguda in 2007 see what they got from him. We need our parties to develop ideologies, we need to know what they stand for, we also need our laws enforced, if I tell you the brazen manner things are done here in Nigeria you will exhale. Lagosians are saying they will vote fashola, they also need to vote the people that will help him achieve his aims in the state house of assembly, if they should vote in the opposition, you and I know that nothing will get done, his budgets will be passed in June, impeachment threat will hang over him at every point in time, now I am not clamoring for yes men, I am only saying if you are going to vote people, vote people in parties that are recognized as having an ideology, Tinubu as crazy as he is, prepared the ground for Fashola.
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by ikeyman00(m): 6:19am On Mar 29, 2011
^^^^^

and what did Tinubu do when he was on power
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by hercules07: 9:29am On Mar 29, 2011
@Ikey

Tinubu started BRT
Tinubu started the Ozumba Mbadiwe / Lekki Road
Tinubu increased revenue from 400M to 14 billion
and so on and so forth
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by sandraa(f): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2011
Like the poster aid it is not about the party its about the person!

fashola and the rest few good people we have in nigeria i hope will win the election.

But its so sad that PDP ve so many bad eggs in thier camp that sometimes i wish somebody can just go bomb them all.

Its just too sad that even the president that we all were happy about is now one of our nemesis!!!!

really wished reasonable people came out to contest for the presidency seat!!!!!

from nn24 debate dat kano guy shekarua really made sence but but plenty butssss!!!
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by Donmeca(m): 10:06am On Mar 29, 2011
Yeah. . .I believe we need to vote individuals with the courage, the audacity, the will and the urgency to move now (not in 3 months time). Nigeria needs to start moving NOW.

If I hate PDP in this dispensation, blame it on Gbenga Daniel, Alao Akala/Adedibu, Martin Elechi, T.A. Orji (PPA/PDP), Akwe Doma, Dimeji Bankole (arrogance), Joy Emordi, Chimaraoke Nnamani (never uttered a word in the senate for 4 years), Gabriel Suswam and a host of other non-performers.

But if anyone shud vote PDP, give praise to Amaechi (compare him with Odili), Akpabio (check Atta), Chime (ask Chimaraoke), Isa Yuguda (he works hard) and a few others.

The ACN has fewer opportunities (goal attempts if u like) but the majority of them are doing well (shots on target are of high proportion). It tells of the efficiency of the individuals involved and that was y I keenly listened to Oshiomhole last night. The PPA and APGA (Obi is just average) had opportunities to "steal" d SE from PDP but they still carried over the PDP blood into the new parties (esp PPA) and could not do anything to impress the people.

we need such people as Adams, Amaechi, Fashola and co (not parties) at d helm of affairs in Nigeria
Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by doja(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2011
How come some political parties have shown great affinity for individuals like Alao Akala, lucky igbinedion, Daniel, Joshua Dariye, Alamasiegha et al while other political parties  like the  ACN has shown affinity for individuals like Adams Oshiomole, Fashola,Ribadu,Audu Ogbe, Dele Alake, Abike Dabiri, Tinubu and so on. The truth is, the structure of a political party has got a lot to do with characteristics of individual therein.

I therefore urge you good people to please vote with your head and not with your thumb this time around.Let us vote people whose antecedents we can base our support firmly on.

Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved by ikeyman00(m): 10:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
hercules07

Re: I Just Watched Oshiomhole And Was Moved
« #5 on: Yesterday at 09:29:05 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Ikey

Tinubu started BRT
Tinubu started the Ozumba Mbadiwe / Lekki Road
Tinubu increased revenue from 400M to 14 billion
and so on and so forth

and this is what he did right??

if u ask me that qualifies him as a mastermind looter

(1) (Reply)

Yar’adua’s Daughter Loses In Katsina ! / 2015: Forget Ibb, Power Must Remain In The South —ajasin, Acn Chieftain. / Maurice Iwu And The Sale Of Nigeria’s Collective Inheritance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.