Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,149 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate (30057 Views)

Man Pays ₦217M For A RR1 Number Plate, The Price Of 20 Brand New Toyota Camry / Pastor Igwe Erick Nwankwo's Car Number Plate Goes Viral / Lagos State License Number Plate Codes & What They Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 10:29am On Dec 31, 2020
9icetoo:

Don't reply like a nincompoop. I have no business with the previous dribbles you posted.
I ask a simple question. Why do the FRSC need guns?

What section in their act requires them to carry guns to enforce?

It's a simple question. You shouldn't find it too hard to comprehend. If it's too hard, then you shouldn't be here.
Mumu, see why they show be given guns. people like this man who posted this would want to do the same with police if there were armless.

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Blackdisciple(m): 11:16am On Dec 31, 2020
Lolz police will still remain police

The other one was a NSCDC member warming the air killed one person and the other one injured in a crowded area . I don't know if the air was cold.

The other day was a SWAT member shooting and killing unarmed civilians .

Another one at ojo military personnel shot his mistress and killed himself later , it was an accidental discharge of his arm

What shows the professionalism in our arm forces nothing E.G they left the war front and went to the east to parade themselve so that the ESN will see them while they are running from the conflict zones.

Last I checked US refuse Israel to sell arms for Nigerian government and we think the US is wicked

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by solonubinho(m): 11:25am On Dec 31, 2020
DelTel:

The lawyer most likely will collect more than the ₦30k (or ₦51k) to institute the court case: penny wise; pound foolish.

Most importantly, the guy will still be locked up at the station and spend the Yuletide season there. Perhaps the first court day might be ending of January.

But seriously, wetinLawyersDeyDoSelf? Can't each local NBA offer free legal representatives at every Police Station for quick resolution of small matters like this.

The NBA does.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 31, 2020
When some Nigerians were protesting against police brutalities, some of you were labellng them hoodlums, gangsters, bandits and all kinda names. Well... the brutality will get to every Nigerian's turn eventually. angry

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nurey(m): 11:35am On Dec 31, 2020
Mayor555:
Cc
diportivo
Buygala
Mammambawa
Thebigkendo
Gazzuzz
Zizzou
Kingreign
Nurey

Please bosses lend your voices.

The good people of NL have been helping him and he has taken positive steps too. I believe he will be victorious

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by vioment: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2020
I hope things are straight to the point in Nigeria.

To go to one place to handle administrative things like paperwork.

Only in Nigeria can somebody need an agent to help register a car; and you won't have a way to prove it is legally registered.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by 0neal(m): 12:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
heykims:

Abeg leave that guy, it annoys him whenever I see him comment about going a step at a time. He's a mumu. The police should beat his ass off when next they meet him.

People like you are part of the problem of this country, somebody is hurting and seeking help to go about fighting injustice and here you are adding salt to his wounds...

You are no different from the NPF who extorted him with this your comment

3 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Canberra55: 12:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
Baba make you de camdan small small ooo.
Na person wey never collect bullet for body de celebrate New year's day ooo. Person wey collect Christmas bullet for e brain lasan, no be many many shouting go heal am oo. Those olopa police na animals oo.
HeavenlyBang:

That's your mistake. You shouldn't be peaceful with them at all; you're in the right and shouldn't be taking nonsense. From the start, you don suppose dey shout for them.

My plate still isn't showing on the Lagos FRSC website, but I've verified it internally. Any policeman wey go come tell me rubbish go prepare shoot me before I allow am use me catch their yeye cruise.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by jaxxy(m): 12:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
faste:
Bro which demand has this government actualize?This buhari goverment is not interested in delivering divident of democracy responsive governance.you cannot offer what you don't have.

We know government are stubborn generally not just Buhari’s bt even when they agree implementation is another whole issue to deal with. We have poor implementation. Im sure police brutality did just start in Buhari’s govt it only got worse by a natural sequence of continuous irresponsibility, poor monitoring and checks in our police service. Buhari is only responsible coz he’s the president at this time.

To get these demands implemented the youths must not shy away or be timid to engage government directly if not through their leadership because of intimidation then through representatives. It’s an continuous engagement to fine tune this demands and necessary adjustments.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Canberra55: 12:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
judgementyard:
I feel your piano bro
Baba which one be piano again? You think say no keyboard we de play for here ni?
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by ello29(m): 12:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
It's a pity you went through this but one thing you should know is that any vehicle registered in Lagos can be verified on https://nvis.frsc.gov.ng/VehicleManagement/VerifyPlateNo
https://verify.autoreg.ng/
Once not verified means it's questionable
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by judgementyard(m): 2:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
Canberra55:
Baba which one be piano again? You think say no keyboard we de play for here ni?

Hahaha,na mistake
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by erico2k2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
nyiamfrank:
Mr I too know, if vio can't prosecute, but police. can you now tell me why police should hand over to vio?
cos at the point of arrest the police was meant to check with VIO to see if indeed an offence has been comited plus what you should drill into ir skill is this not having full documentation of your car at any one time is not a criminal offence but a civil one and at such its only when VIO says a crime has been comited they then ha d o er to the police. ofcos you likes will not understand this narrative.

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by oladipuposadeeq(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:
On 29/12/2020 in Aba, I was stopped by a group of police men while driving myself and family members on my 2005 honda accord. The police men wore just police camouflage polos with no displayed Identity card, name tag or force number and were carrying AK-47 rifles. I was driving my 2005 honda accord car with Lagos registration number.

Inside the car were my two younger brothers, my younger sister, my wife and my one year old baby. The police men requested for my vehicle papers and driver's license which I handed over to them. They said that my license registration number is fake. They showed me an FRSC web page where they ran my plate number and it displayed "Invalid".

I explained to them that the number was duly registered in Lagos and that the plate number was gotten via legal channels and there is no way it can be fake. They wouldn't hear of that. I demanded that they allow me call who registered the vehicle for me which I did. The agent that registered the vehicle for me is a colleague of mine in the office that has connection with FRSC.

He explained to me that Lagos is the only state that produces their plate number themselves and that sometimes they don't upload it on FRSC database. So, that the number doesn't show on FRSC database doesn't mean that it's fake. He gave me Lagos autoreg verification website(verify.autoreg.ng) to give the policemen to verify the plate number . I personally verified my number on the autoreg website and it showed valid. I tried explaining these to the policemen but they wouldn't hear the explanation.

They collected the car keys from me to drive the car to their station but couldn't start the car after several attempts. They ordered I and my younger brother into their miniature mitsubishi bus and took us to their station. They later took my brother back to the car location and towed the vehicle to their station.

They told me to UnCloth to my boxer shorts and detained me inside their cell(the condition of the cell is story for another day). I was detained for approximately 6hours till my dad came and they collected thirty thousand naira from him before releasing me. The DPO ordered for my release after my father intervened and is most likely aware of the thirty thousand that was paid before I was released.

He(DPO) said my vehicle should not be released till they conclude investigation on the license plate issue. They defrauded 30k from my father to effect my release when I committed no crime. My vehicle was duly registered in Lagos which can be verified on autoreg website. They detained me for no just cause for 6hours in a filthy cell that is not fit for lower animals let alone a human being. They refused to release my vehicle till this moment thereby causing a lot of hardship to my family for someone that visited home for Xmas.

I have resolved to fight the humiliation I am suffering in their hands with everything I have got. I just want to be sure that what my agent told me is the truth. Is a plate showing on autoreg but not on FRSC database fake? How can I prove that my plate number is authentic?
Please gurus should respond.
those policemen are thieves. I delivered a Honda civic 07 which i registered before travelling they showed me shege along that owerri road but i stood my ground but was lucky that day because they checked and said its not showing on one site blablabla it was until i called someone in PSC in abuja then one of them said you think say you get connection i go just waste you then they insisted on 5k after delaying me on the road for 3hrs which i paid after the whole stress. Just be thankful they didn't harm you physically because they kill pple and dump them whereas pple will think they were robbed and killed

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by radautoworks: 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
LuQuLuQu:

Your answer is very casual and has jealousy undertone. Tueh!
was a gun held to your head forcing you to comment or have we met before?

It is now a sin when someone asks you a question to say I don't know?

1 Like

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by mejai(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
radautoworks:
was a gun held to your head forcing you to comment or have we met before?

It is now a sin when someone asks you a question to say I don't know?
grin
I wondered @ that guy's comment

2 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by AIIAssociates: 3:59pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:
On 29/12/2020 in Aba, I was stopped by a group of police men while driving myself and family members on my 2005 honda accord. The police men wore just police camouflage polos with no displayed Identity card, name tag or force number and were carrying AK-47 rifles. I was driving my 2005 honda accord car with Lagos registration number.

Inside the car were my two younger brothers, my younger sister, my wife and my one year old baby. The police men requested for my vehicle papers and driver's license which I handed over to them. They said that my license registration number is fake. They showed me an FRSC web page where they ran my plate number and it displayed "Invalid".

I explained to them that the number was duly registered in Lagos and that the plate number was gotten via legal channels and there is no way it can be fake. They wouldn't hear of that. I demanded that they allow me call who registered the vehicle for me which I did. The agent that registered the vehicle for me is a colleague of mine in the office that has connection with FRSC.

He explained to me that Lagos is the only state that produces their plate number themselves and that sometimes they don't upload it on FRSC database. So, that the number doesn't show on FRSC database doesn't mean that it's fake. He gave me Lagos autoreg verification website(verify.autoreg.ng) to give the policemen to verify the plate number . I personally verified my number on the autoreg website and it showed valid. I tried explaining these to the policemen but they wouldn't hear the explanation.

They collected the car keys from me to drive the car to their station but couldn't start the car after several attempts. They ordered I and my younger brother into their miniature mitsubishi bus and took us to their station. They later took my brother back to the car location and towed the vehicle to their station.

They told me to UnCloth to my boxer shorts and detained me inside their cell(the condition of the cell is story for another day). I was detained for approximately 6hours till my dad came and they collected thirty thousand naira from him before releasing me. The DPO ordered for my release after my father intervened and is most likely aware of the thirty thousand that was paid before I was released.

He(DPO) said my vehicle should not be released till they conclude investigation on the license plate issue. They defrauded 30k from my father to effect my release when I committed no crime. My vehicle was duly registered in Lagos which can be verified on autoreg website. They detained me for no just cause for 6hours in a filthy cell that is not fit for lower animals let alone a human being. They refused to release my vehicle till this moment thereby causing a lot of hardship to my family for someone that visited home for Xmas.

I have resolved to fight the humiliation I am suffering in their hands with everything I have got. I just want to be sure that what my agent told me is the truth. Is a plate showing on autoreg but not on FRSC database fake? How can I prove that my plate number is authentic?
Please gurus should respond.

Please see https://twitter.com/AIIASchoolofLaw/status/1332700166952943617

Take them to court. Others have and have won millions in compensation for a breach of fundamental rights.

One example FIRST BANK OF NIGERIA PLC & ORS v. ATTORNEY-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION & ORS
(2018) LPELR-46084(SC) - the 5 applicants won 1 million Naira each.

Others are

In ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION v. MR. EJENAVI JONAH OYUBU & ORS
(2019) LPELR-47555(CA), N1,500,000.00 was awarded as damages in a similar case

In ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION v. ABIODUN AGBELE
(2018) LPELR-44677(CA), N5,000.000.00 was awarded as damages in a case with similar facts

In CHAIRMAN ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION & ANOR v. DAVID LITTLECHILD & ANOR
(2015) LPELR-25199(CA), N5,000,000.00 was awarded for breach of fundamental rights

in ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION (EFCC) v. WOLFGANG REINL
(2020) LPELR-49387(SC), N10,000,000 was awarded for breach of fundamental rights

All the above are examples of awards won by citizens like you.

Good job documenting their misdeeds.

Thoughtful of you to have retrieved the car before fighting them

Please pursue this matter to its logical conclusion.

If your rights have been trampled, the law is that you are automatically entitled to monetary compensation and an apology.

Here is your chance to turn that misfortune into some cool cash.

Don't sleep on it.

You can sue for infringement of the
1. Right to dignity of the human person Section 34(1)
2. Right to personal liberty Section 35(1)
3. Right to silence until a conference with a lawyer or other person of your choice Section 35(2)
4. Right to a public apology and compensation for unlawful arrests and/or detention Section 35(6)
5. Right to fair hearing Section 36(1)
6. Right to presumption of innocence Section 36(5)
7. Right to be informed of the crime alleged Section 36(6)(a)
8.Right to legal representation by self or legal representation by counsel Section 36(6)(c)
9. Right to a penalty not exceeding upper limits of the law Section 36 ( 8 )
10. Right to be tried only for an offense known to law Section 36 (12)
11. Right to private and family life Section 37
12. Right to freedom of movement Section 41
13. Right to freedom from discrimination Section 42
14. Right to freedom from indiscriminate takeover of movable and immovable property except by lawful means Section 43

Properly done, you should come out at least N5,000,000.00 richer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl8Dp5_CGiI Your constitutional rights explained

4 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by AIIAssociates: 4:01pm On Dec 31, 2020
oladipuposadeeq:
those policemen are thieves. I delivered a Honda civic 07 which i registered before travelling they showed me shege along that owerri road but i stood my ground but was lucky that day because they checked and said its not showing on one site blablabla it was until i called someone in PSC in abuja then one of them said you think say you get connection i go just waste you then they insisted on 5k after delaying me on the road for 3hrs which i paid after the whole stress. Just be thankful they didn't harm you physically because they kill pple and dump them whereas pple will think they were robbed and killed
secretly record them for action later, act as a lame duck to preserve life, limb and property

come for your pound of flesh legally later
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Ikpumbe1: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
The issue has been resolved. My money has been refunded. I have forgiven the officers

3 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nurey(m): 4:19pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:
The issue has been resolved. My money has been refunded. I have forgiven the officers

You are one of the problems of this country because they will still try it and succeed with other innocent people.

Spare the rod and spoil the child

9 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by AIIAssociates: 4:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
On what ground was the OP arrested?

There are 9 grounds or basis listed in Section 18(1) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 that the police can arrest without warrant. Those 9 grounds/bases for arrest without warrant by the police are summarized below:

1. Suspicion on reasonable grounds Section 18(1)(a) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

2. Committing offence in his presence Section 18(1)(b) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

3. Obstruction of duty/attempted escape from custody/escape from custody Section 18(1)(c) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

4. Reasonable suspicion of possession of stolen property Section 18(1)(d) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

5. Deserter Section 18(1)(e) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

6. Crime outside jurisdiction (Nigeria or a State of Nigeria) Section 18(1)(f) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

7. Possession of implements used to commit crimes Section 18(1)(g) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

8. Person against whom a warrant of arrest has been issued Section 18(1)(h) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

9. Person concealing his presence with apparent criminal intentions Section 18(1)(i) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015

If any of the procedures below was not followed, whoever is arrested can sue for breach of fundamental rights and will win

Section 4 to Section 6 of the Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 contains the procedure for effecting a legal arrest as follows:

Step 1: Intimate the suspect that he is under arrest and provide a reason for his arrest Section 6(1) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015. This aligns with Section 36(6)(a) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right to be informed of the crime alleged

Step 2: Inform the suspect of his right to silence which means that he is under no obligation whatsoever to answer any questions put to him until he has had a chance to consult either his lawyer or any other person of his choice Section 6(2)(a) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015. This aligns with Section 35(2) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right to silence until he has conferred with a lawyer or other person, he chooses

Step 3: Inform the suspect of his right to refuse to write a statement himself and/or the right to refuse to endorse any statement written for him by another and/or the right to refuse to answer any question put to him following his arrest until he has had a chance to consult a legal practitioner, he chooses for himself Section 6(2)(b) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015. This aligns with Section 36(11) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right not to self-incriminate

Step 4: Inform the suspect of his right to free legal representation by the Legal Aid Council of Nigeria if he so qualifies Section 6(2)(c) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 except and unless the suspect was in the process of actually committing the offence, the suspect is pursued immediately after the commission of the offence or the suspect has escaped from lawful custody Section 6(1) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015. This aligns with Section 36(6)(c) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right to counsel and if the accused cannot afford one, then the government is required to appoint one or pay the legal expenses he incurs. The right to counsel is generally regarded as a constituent of the right to a fair trial

Step 5: Touch or confine the suspect unless he doesn’t resist i.e., he willingly submits to the arrest by word or action Section 4 Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 however if the person effecting the arrest is of the considered opinion that there is reasonable apprehension of violence or an attempt to escape Section 5(a) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015, the safety of the suspect or defendant is in issue Section 5(b) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015 or the court so directs Section 5(c) Administration of Criminal Justice Act 2015. This aligns with Section 34(1) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right jurisdictional right to the dignity of the person and Section 35(1) 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) which details the constitutional right to personal liberty.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Sherry101: 4:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
Tag Segalinks on Twitter and post this and they will be brought to justice
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by 9icetoo(m): 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
nyiamfrank:
Mumu, see why they show be given guns. people like this man who posted this would want to do the same with police if there were armless.
Mumu, that offender can be prosecuted for assaulting a government official.

By your stupid reasoning, task force personnel, firs, environmental officials etc should be armed to deal with offenders. Hell,we should all be armed to deal with other people who harass or infringe on our rights.

Grow a brain.

FRSC can call the police to arrest such violent offenders.

Like I said, grow a brain.

5 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
erico2k2:

cos at the point of arrest the police was meant to check with VIO to see if indeed an offence has been comited plus what you should drill into ir skill is this not having full documentation of your car at any one time is not a criminal offence but a civil one and at such its only when VIO says a crime has been comited they then ha d o er to the police. ofcos you likes will not understand this narrative.
WE ARE AWARE THAT POLICE IS THE MOTHER OF ALL, I MEAN ALL MILITARY AND PARAMILITARY IN THE COUNTRY. IF THE POLICE COULD PERFORM SUCH MILITARY DUTIES AS WAR AGAINST INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ATTACK, HOW MUCH MORE ORDINARY CIVIL CASES. THE MOST ORGANIZED CIVIL BODY CIVIL BODY CAN'T HANDLE? HISTORY TELLS US THAT ALL MILITARY AND PARAMILITARY WERE CARVED OUT OF POLICE BUT NEVER THAT THE FUNCTIONS WERE WITHDRAWN FROM POLICE. CHECK!
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by harshimyomesk: 5:20pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:
How was the issue resolved? we need the full details, not this short statement please.cos na you call us here oo, you can't just discharge us like that without giving full details.

8 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by nyiamfrank: 5:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
9icetoo:

Mumu, that offender can be prosecuted for assaulting a government official.

By your stupid reasoning, task force personnel, firs, environmental officials etc should be armed to deal with offenders. Hell,we should all be armed to deal with other people who harass or infringe on our rights.

Grow a brain.

FRSC can call the police to arrest such violent offenders.

Like I said, grow a brain.
Clamouring for armless frsc officers to do that job because you can capitalize on their armless situation to molest them. police will not take it. the arm is not for fun, it's for criminals, some who threaten police lives.

frsc calling for police assistance to arrest that culprit, so that before police would even get to the scene, that officer is already in the valley with an unascertainable state of health!

reason like a human being for once.

ZEBRA CROSSING MEANS YOU CAN WALK WHILE CROSSING THE ROAD. GO AND WALK PASS NIGERIAN ROADS!
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by JerryLekki: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:

The next person they do it to will be on your head. Use that N30k to sue them personally and the whole Police Force. That's what Oyinbos did that made their country have sense.

5 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Control7: 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:

Op create another thread on how the issue was resolved, how the officers were stripped to their boxers and detained/trialed in orderly room.

Till then, the issue has not been resolved because they will still do it to a thousand and one persons

3 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by 9icetoo(m): 5:32pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ikpumbe1:
Bros, you should have taken these motherfuckers to court and sued them for every last dime they have on them.
This is the only way to right the wrongs in this country. The only way to checkmate these idiots called the Nigerian police force.
You scored 50%, but you could have scored 100% by suing them for all they have.
Ndi ara.
Where is that efulefu that was asking rubbish questions and demanding that guns be given to FRSC.
Come and swallow your spit you slowpoke.

3 Likes

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Cheeryfeet: 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
My brother. It's not a guru thing. Simply go to frsc office in Aba and verify from them. If possible meet their overall oga there. Their office I know is in osisioma express as if you are going to umuahia. I was born and brought up in Aba but I hate that place. Everything there na scam.
Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by 9icetoo(m): 5:40pm On Dec 31, 2020
nyiamfrank:
Clamouring for armless frsc officers to do that job because you can capitalize on their armless situation to molest them. police will not take it. the arm is not for fun, it's for criminals, some who threaten police lives.

frsc calling for police assistance to arrest that culprit, so that before police would even get to the scene, that officer is already in the valley with an unascertainable state of health!

reason like a human being for once.

ZEBRA CROSSING MEANS YOU CAN WALK WHILE CROSSING THE ROAD. GO AND WALK PASS NIGERIAN ROADS!
There are a million ways FRSC can address a violent offender without the use of firearms.

All drivers licenses have numbers. The numbers can be noted. A hold placed on the license. A bulletin issued against the person. This can be used to the police to effect his arrest.

Agencies call for support for one another.

A court bailiff does not go to effect a court judgement with guns.

However, if you obstruct him, he calls in the police.

Local council workers who go to seal properties do not go with guns. It's not a criminal offense not to pay levies. It's a civil offense. However if they are challenged in the course of their duty and the property owners become belligerent, they call for support from the police.

It is that simple you dimwit.

FRSC offences are civil offences. They do not need guns to perform their duties.

Has the Nigerian police not shed enough blood already?

Fvck off already.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
I suggest you go and do authentic proof of ownership, the one Frsc issues not the licensing office type, once this is done your number plate will be assigned to your vehicle and you, if it is fake it is then it will be known. But I should say that according to Frsc most number plates and driver license from Lagos are fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / Flashback Of Cars That Rock Nigeria Roads In The 80s (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.